FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoW Thread?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WoW Thread? Empty WoW Thread?

Post by Kalaam Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:00 pm

I feel a slight need to get back to some of my favorite old characters, so anyone have any interest in this? I have several thread ideas I can reuse for you, and a few new ones.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

WoW Thread? Empty Re: WoW Thread?

Post by Igraine Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Hmmm... Why not? My writing has gotten seriously rusty - I need to get back in the swing of things. Any idea of a preferred theme or plot? I have a million characters (slight bit of hyperbole, but close). Muhaha
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Well, several kinds. We can have a surly and grudging dwarf seeking redemption through the barrel of his gun against raging monsters, a paladin who is angry blunt, and seeking a path were he could become the hero he was supposed to be, an ancient night elf that is nigh unkillable, despite being an adrenaline junkie, whose biggest problem is boredom, some old oaths, and some troublesome developments, or another night elf who remembers his past, but not himself, and is locked in an immortal shell he did not ask for with a blade cursed to thirst for life, and souls.

The first is a good old fashioned monster hunting extravaganza with some posts i need to dredge up from my notebooks. The second and third mix together with a good old fashioned quest for meaning, which is another fun vogue, and the last is more of a self-exploration through a dark forest, with of course a tower with an 'evil' sorcerer. Actually, we can have another, my drunken chef mage who likes brawling, now 'owns' a tavern with his old brawling buddy, a tauren, and the occasional adventure of the Kirin Tor to kill off their rogue, ex-pirate captain of the guard.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:00 pm

Sorry for the delayed response - problems with my ISP took a couple days to fix. Honestly, I'm always a sucker for redemption stories. So if you'd like to do the dwarf's story, or the paladin (the sound of which I really like), I'm in. Very Happy
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Paladin is fine, I just have to think up a reasonable plot line for him. Brief background, he is an ex-scarlet crusade member, and feels deeply betrayed by the Order twisting what was supposed to be holy, and good, etc... Works with the Argent Crusade now.

What kind of character are you wishing to play?

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:15 am

Hmmm... that could be really interesting, actually. I could go with another paladin, or even a death knight, giving him something to play off of. Male or female doesn't matter to me, human or blood elf - whatever might give the most "fun" in conflict, especially if they have to work together.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Hmm, well I have decided on a title, and a general course of action. The title will be Red Sun, Black Moon, and I am thinking it will mostly take place over three days, the Lich King will counterattack several points at once, allowing integration of other types of characters. It will focus mainly on the Argent Pinnacle, the Tournament grounds (those daily quests have to be good for something) and a renewed push against the Shadow Vault.

Therefore, your character, which ever one you decide to use can have several avenues of approach, and I am going to integrate several of my characters into this if we are the only two interested after I post this in the OoC, maybe move it to the one-on-one if there are no others interested. However, they are probably going to need to be there more or less already when the push comes or one the way.

I will finalize the locations, and write up my characters for the thread and post that on the OoC sometime this week or next week, so you have plenty of time to be creative. Also, last note, I accept the group-up mentality for this because it is going to be short, but if it develops into longer (time-wise) I expect normal group dynamics, and have people leave to go do something they need to do. Thus, then I will have several nodal characters which can help direct others to important actions, and still maintain the integrity of the main plot line while indulging in several side plot lines.

What do you think?

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:40 pm

That works just fine for me. I can easily have character[s] ready at the Tournament (or pretty much anywhere else) ready to go when you are. I'll probably just improvise to a point, based on whatever you decide to write up.

And if this does go one-on-one, that's not a problem. I'm quite used to those types of RPs as well, and can maneuver not a few of my own characters as well. And sub-plots are never a problem.

Really looking forward to this. Wink
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Very Happy WoW thread? Did I hear something about a WoW thread?

I would love to jump in as well Smile I have plenty of characters roaming around, some of whom are itching to jump back into a storyline... though almost all are Horde-allied or Former Horde-now-neutral, though if you need Alliance I think I can do that as well...
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:48 pm

As this is going to be mostly based around Argent Crusade, and the Ebon Blade, which race you choose is not going to be a huge problem. I will have a small Alliance v. Horde subplot going on as well, but need to relog in to check all the characters, and refer to my self built glossary for them.

Also, if you wish to play Scourge, please speak up now, as I am compiling a list of characters that will be interacting, and have most of the main Scourge front I need.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Yeah Deadman! Very Happy

Mmmm... Scourge not so much for me at least - I don't have any characters atm who are still enthralled with the Scourge. But I do have a death knight I've been wanting to do some indepth RP with for some time, and a couple Alliance-related characters I could pull out to balance whatever Deadman wants to throw out there. Wink

Oh, I don't have a glossary - just keep them tabbed in my little ol' head. haha
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:32 am

Well, it is more of glossary of in-game npcs to be used, with some notes on history (if they have any) and how I have used them before (usually have to get on the list).

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 am

Hmmm.... scourge? I could probably pull out a scourge character if ya need it Smile Otherwise... I have a good number of horde characters, a few of which have gone quite a while without being active in a story, and are rather upset about that XD
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:03 pm

No, you guys don't need to play scourge, I have a list of characters, and am currently filling them out as far as personality and gear, etc.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:02 am

Alright then! So now I only have to choose between two characters Smile

Hmm.... Might actually go alliance on this one, have a character who's story could use a little fleshing out.
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:16 am

The way this can work is to use as many characters as you wish, I can run them through different situations that relate to the storyline. This is very difficult with beginning writers because they all wish to group up and interact, despite the fact that it is really two or three, and maybe four people who really meaningfully interact at any given time. Given that I run a thread with twelve characters doing seperate things altering the overall flow of the world at one time, it is possible, and more like writing a novel. If you don't want it to be that intense, it doesn't have to be either. Feel free to use both, or one at your discretion.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:55 am

I think I'll wait to see where you start the thread, and probably just decide then exactly how many characters, and in what ways, I'll use them to add to the plots/subplots. Very Happy
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Ok.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:35 pm

I suppose I will toss my lot in with this thread. I am mostly a Horde-centered player and do not really wish to involve any of my core characters in it (I find no reason any of them would come) so instead I am going to create my own. I notice the lack of death knights in this thread, so I am going to use one of my "junkyard" characters that never made it past the starting point: Mogota Ashenhoof, tauren death knight, representing the Ebon Blade and a former shaman who tried to aid the restoration of the Plaguelands... and perished while trying to do so. He's concentrated in blood and frost trees because they tie the closest with the elements (life and the winter season, though twisted concepts of both) and avoids the unholy tree like the plague it is. Anyway, I won't give it all away. You'll see in the RP. Actually, scratch that. I'll use a MUCH more interesting character instead that only even came as an idea. Sunny Sprinklesmile (renamed Grimsmile), the gnome death knight. This time I am not revealing much *grin* You'll have to see why she is so interesting.

Last edited by Adrius Frostglare on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed the character.)
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Excellent. I will have an initial list of Dramatis Personae up some time this week. I will mainly wait to see how the other available factions fill up before finishing making something like thirty or forty characters for one thread. It's mostly Scourge at this point, but I will have three death knights, and a paladin in the Argent Crusade, and maybe he will have a squire, who knows.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 am

Ahhhhh... okies. Hmmm... Oh well, as I mentioned before, I was going to RP my death knight along with one other Alliance, but it seems now we're a bit death knight heavy. >< Will rethink...
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:06 am

No worries, play whoever you want, it will all balance out.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Igraine wrote:Ahhhhh... okies. Hmmm... Oh well, as I mentioned before, I was going to RP my death knight along with one other Alliance, but it seems now we're a bit death knight heavy. >< Will rethink...

Nonesense. First remember that his is a casual RP. We're not with strict rules. Second, one death knight operating on an operation y he Argent Crusade is actually too few. Yours woul actually make the numbers just right. And last of all, I am not going to become a reason for creativity clogging. If ou wantto play said character but don't because I'm playing a character with a similar class, in and of itself I take it more offensively that way than if you were to go rift ahead and do it.

Oh, and do take my tone lightly Smile I just want you to have fun and express yourself freely.

Ps: using iPod forgive bad grammar
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:28 am

All righty then - if the OP has no problem, too. I've also begun a couple other characters - we'll just see how they work in once Kalaam gets the main thread up. *nodnod* Very Happy
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyna Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:58 am

Wow I'm slow in catching all of this. If you're still up for more characters, I can pull out some of mine. For Horde I have Bodododoro the mad troll shaman who isn't very discerning between Horde and Alliance (save Night Elves... he can't stand them). For Alliance I have Abbess, a matronly do-good dwarf priestess who joined the Argent Crusade late in life and is always getting into other people's business.

Kyna
Mist
Mist

Female

http://shepherdessdog.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:14 am

I do believe this is still entirely open, Kyna *waves* Very Happy Kalaam's getting the main thread together, and we're all just pondering, smoothing and going over our characters.

Read your status, though - and uh, what about all the excess CHRISTMAS candy lying about, hon? XD
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Kyna wrote:Wow I'm slow in catching all of this. If you're still up for more characters, I can pull out some of mine. For Horde I have Bodododoro the mad troll shaman who isn't very discerning between Horde and Alliance (save Night Elves... he can't stand them). For Alliance I have Abbess, a matronly do-good dwarf priestess who joined the Argent Crusade late in life and is always getting into other people's business.

FINALLY a racist troll! Seen way too many who are buddy buddy with the elves, especially those of the night variety. It's gotten kinda bland. Even mine's a bit too nice to them...
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyna Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Well, it's for too great reasons: 1) Bodododoro was my primary toon on a pvp server and Night Elves, especially rogues, hunters and the odd druid, were the bane of my existence. 2) Trolls are SUPPOSED to have a race hatred against Night Elves according to lore.

And yeah, I need to upload my status...

Kyna
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Poke *pokes thread again* Just for fun Smile I'm sure everyone's Holidays have been busy.

I've got my character all set and ready to go, now. I was thinking about maybe bringing in someone else as well (Horde, since this one's alliance, and now it seems we have quite a few Alliance with us XD ) But I'll keep that up in the air, maybe bring someone in a bit into the story, all depending on what comes up Smile
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyna Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Do we have another thread started for this? I can't seem to find it...

Kyna
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next