FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots

+6
Reffy
Sighlent
Weiss
Ab'Sinthe
Igraine
Fate Flyer
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots Empty World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:07 pm

My fiancé Tony (Axiom) was the first person to get me started in WoW way back a couple of years ago. He played for about a year before I started, and when I played, I started over Christmas break (and thus played everyday), and I leveled my character (a Draenei Hunter named Ilandi) to 70 (which was the level cap back then) within just a month. After that, I quit. My ultimate goal, it would seem, was to reach the highest level. Afterward, I kind of lost interest, since I didn't care for PVPing or raiding.

Now, I've decided to give WoW another go. I've been watching Tony play at his computer next to me for awhile (he plays in small, short bursts, since the both of us don't have time to sit and play all day long like some people), and I thought it seemed like fun. I love video games (obviously, since that's the major I'm in), but it's more just an issue finding time (and also splitting my playing time with my homework time and other hobbies). So, as always, I'm working on balancing everything in order to play with my fiancé, and I'm really having a lot of fun. Smile

My new character's name is Ilace (all of my MMO characters have always been named something with i and l in the beginning), and she is a Human Mage. She's on the Perenolde realm, if any of you play. I think it'd be really neat if Axiom and I discovered a lot of WoW-playing FOGers. It would be pretty crazy if we could get an in-game Guild for FOG going. :]

So, here are some screenshots I've been taking. I've edited them in Photoshop to make them even more artistic/aesthetically pleasing. Very Happy

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102109_155348EDIT2
Ilace being emo in the rain near a cemetery xD

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102109_154453EDIT2
Ilace was turned into a bat for Halloween! It looks like she's about to eat that squirrel. Laughing

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102109_154117EDIT2
Hearthstoning it back to Stormwind after finishing a quest inside a cave

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102109_093100EDIT2
The lovely cathedral in Stormwind that Tony and I were planning on getting married in hehe

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102209_142552EDIT2
Pretty!

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102209_163943EDIT2
This is what drinking is like.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102209_164804EDIT2
I got a broom by trick-or-treating!

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102209_165517EDIT2
I was so happy to get a horse mount at 20! Back when I played, you didn't get your first mount until you were level 40!

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102209_165634EDIT2
He's a handsome pinto that I call Dash. :3

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102209_165949EDIT2
Stormwind's statues are breathtaking.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102309_123439EDIT2
Spooky Darkshore

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102209_171942EDIT2
This is how I feel, lol
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots Empty Re: World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots

Post by Igraine Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:00 am

*waves* Hi there Fate, and yes *points to avatar* I might play WoW...

... a little... : )

Most of my characters, and where I spend most of my time with innumerable alts, are on one of two servers: Suramar (PVE) and Moon Guard (RP (also PVE)) So if you ever hop to Suramar, you might find me on my PVE raiding main, the draenei shadow priestess Meleta (in her pre-Ulduar gears):

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_041609_054632-1

And my new main on Moon Guard, the death knight Valtherin (lvl 80, but in his "I just got to Outland" gear for this shot):

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots Valtherin

I also have a crap ton of alts, too, including hunters, druids, paladins, Horde and Alliance, etc... Not so hard to find at all (well, at least BEFORE the 29th of October... After that, just give me a couple weeks to settle in, at our new place in Alaska. Wink
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots Empty Re: World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots

Post by Ab'Sinthe Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:17 am

Ah.. Kinda makes me wanna go back to those days..

I played way too much. x'D

Had a lvl 70 of each character class and most of them with all the gear of the Black Temple appropriate to them. Loved the Burning Crusade.. =3

Anyways.. Higher exams are important.. Must.. Refrain...
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

https://www.youtube.com/NoOoDLe666

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:21 pm

Ahh yes, Igraine's definitely a player! Smile You even make lovely World of Warcraft art. ^^ Those servers/realms have pretty names. The only reason Axiom and I are on Perenolde is because his friend was on it. He has since stopped playing though, and now we're stuck with all of our characters on there.

Your Draenei character is absolutely lovely! Draeneis are definitely my favorite race. (I have a soft spot for them, since that's also what my first ever main was.) Your Death Knight also looks awesome! Very Happy I just created a Death Knight as well. He's a Troll named Dred. xD Wow, sounds like you have a lot of characters to play as! :] Oh, but yes, you will certainly need some time to devote to moving!

Oh, wow, that's insane, Ab'Sinthe! You must have played a lot to have 70s of each class. That'd be a lot of fun though. Yeah, it's important to sort out your priorities and devote time to what's most important.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab'Sinthe Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:10 pm

I played about an hour a day for like.. A half year or so.. x'D

'twas a lot of fun and totally worth losing my social life over for about a year as it had to recover after I dropped my acc. x]
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

https://www.youtube.com/NoOoDLe666

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:39 pm

I actually got back into World of Warcraft myself, recently. The guys who originally got me to play started up their accounts again and, after cutting a deal of gold-for-subscription with one of them, I submitted to re-addiction.

I quit back in, oh, January, or something like that. I had gotten in a little bit of raiding on my Death Knight and my Paladin, but raiding has never appealed to me as much as PvP, so I ended up getting pretty bored of everything and decided to give it a rest.

I play on Kel'Thuzad (PvP), which is one of the original servers. Unfortunately, because of that, and because I'm lazy and uncreative when it comes to naming things, most of my character names have an alt character in them. Fortunately, the one name that really matters does not have an alt character.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102409_165851
This is my main, Weiss. What you see is his tanking gear, but I've recently started experimenting with a dual-wielding hybrid spec. His gear for that is pretty lame at the moment, though, so you're being spared.

Weiss has the Fiery Warhorse, from Karazhan, and I can safely say that he was the first Death Knight ever to own one. Hell, he was the first Death Knight to do a lot of things, since he was one of the first 50 Death Knights both to be created and to reach the level cap. Unfortunately, I was beaten for the Server First by some Shaman who stayed up three days straight to accomplish the feat.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102409_170015
This is Apollo, sporting his Illidari Tabard. I am a huge fan of Illidan for reasons that date back to the original Warcraft series, and I would gladly fight at his side against the Horde and the Alliance if only I were capable of doing so. If you can't tell, Apollo is also a tank. Yes, I have a thing for tanking; however, he's dual spec'd to Retribution for PvP action. As with Weiss, though, his PvP gear sucks right now, because I've only been back for a few weeks.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102409_170022
This is the first character I ever created on Kel'Thuzad. His name is a bastardization between Artemis the goddess from Greek mythology and Artemis Fowl; but only in the way that he's male and his name is Artemis. I can't stand playing female characters, but I liked the idea of the name Artemis. Since it's androgynous (and used more often for males than females, for that matter), I went for it.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102409_165914
This is my Rogue. By now, you may have noticed that I like naming my characters after Greek gods. Recently I've gotten out of that trend, but since the Norse pantheon, along with all its legendary heroes, is usually tapped, I end up defaulting back to Greek mythology anyway, most of the time.

Anyway, this guy was my main for quite a while. An astute observer might notice all of his PvP gear. Indeed, back at the 70 cap, he was a beast until I completely abandoned him. Eventually I'll work up the motivation to get him to Lv80. For now, he's just a jewelcrafting daily/CD whore for Weiss. They're both maxed jewelcrafters, for now, but I intend to switch Erebus to Enchanting soon.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102409_165903
This is my little twink Warrior. He's decked out in heirloom items with only a couple left for me to get. Obviously fury, dual wielding heirloom swords with Crusader enchantments. He's pretty monstrous in PvP, even though he's currently at the bottom of his battleground bracket.

That would be all of my significant characters on Kel'Thuzad. I have some on other servers, but they're fairly unimportant since I never play them.

Now for some fun screenshots! Only a couple, though, since I took them just today and my old screenshots were deleted when I wiped my computer semi-recently.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102409_133703
There's a glitch with the bat wand. You can't cast wands on someone who's mounted, but if you start casting while they're mounting, it won't be interrupted. Doing that with the bat wand results in a very tiny mount with you, as a bat, flying above them.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102409_133733
World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots WoWScrnShot_102409_133918
You can't really tell the size in this one, since I'm up in the air, but it's a miniaturized Bronze Drake. For some reason, after flying around for about 30 seconds, the costume was dispelled and I returned to normal. It was pretty disappointing, since my little brother was out of wand charges at that point.

That's all I've got right now. It's a shame, since I used to have a few beautiful scenery shots. I have a tendency to seek out lovely landscapes inside of video games and screencap them for later admiration (or use in roleplays).

Anyway, I wouldn't mind creating a character on another server if everyone wanted to play together, but my time to dedicate to it would be limited, since I prioritize playing on Kel'Thuzad with "the guys", my little brother, and a couple other friends who I've recently forc--ehrr...coaxed back into playing.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Ab'Sinthe - That's pretty incredible! I don't know if I could even 2 classes to 70 in half a year by playing for just an hour a day, let alone all of them. I bet it was worth it though. It would be really cool to get to experience each and every class.

Weiss - Ha that's awesome that the guys you used to play with got you back into it. A little bribe can work wonders too. ;] That's pretty impressive about your Weiss character too. Lol I wouldn't worry about being beaten by the Shaman though, since I think getting your sleep and remain sane trumps staying up for 3 days straight to accomplish reaching the level cap first.

All your characters look absolutely amazing. :] You have a thing for Blood Elves too, don't you? I think they're probably the most attractive race, but I don't care for them much because of what they did to the Draenei. :< Lol I like your Tauren's name. XD

Ah, that's adorable! I didn't realize there was that glitch with the bat wand. I should try it out, since I still have a couple charges left with my bat wand. That's so cute! ^_^ I love the drake and you too! *envy*

It would be really neat if we all could get together in game. Since I'm just starting to play again, I probably won't be creating any more characters right away. I have my main Human Mage on Perenolde, and I have a Troll Death Knight on Zangarmarsh. If there was a realm that more than one person here was on, then maybe I would pay to transfer (especially since Tony and I aren't fond of Perenolde).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:27 pm

I too, play World of Warcraft, on The Scryers server. My main is a level 80 Death Knight named Malevolance, who I love playing as a dual wield tank. I've been playing for about a year now and have made some really good friends in game as well as getting to experience a lot of the WotLK content. Right now I'm geared out to tank Ulduar 25 man hard modes and Onyxia on 10 man mode, and I've been working at getting into some hot hot 10man Trial of the Crusader action. I love my Death Knight but I need to get off my lazy butt and level my shaman from 61 to 80 so I can have my second 80 character. Unfortunately if I do that my guild is gonna want me to heal and I'll likely never get to play my Death Knight T-T. Such is the life of a multi-tooner. And now, the screenshot I took when I fought Illidan for the achivement run.

Spoiler:

Darned picture width...

Fate Foretold, you should come play with me on The Scryers (US) (RP)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:15 am

I have an account but since I have my internet via Verizon, it's very difficult to do things when it comes to the patching. So I can't play it right now. However, we're looking at COX (which is the more predominant internet service in our area) right now and we'll know by Tuesday whether or not we can get it. So keep your fingers cross that we do, because if so...I'll NEVER be offline again. Very Happy
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:28 pm

We should choose a server to start our FOG guild on, and a faction for that matter. I'm partial to playing Alliance, because it would be something new for me. I've been dying to make a Gnome Warrior just to piss people off by Titan's Gripping massive two-handers as a stubby lawn ornament.

So, either we can all join Perenolde, since you guys have less time to play and would have a few levels on us to keep yourselves in the clear while we're catching up, or we can all relocate to a new server and start fresh.

Oh, and I guess it would be good to get everyone's feedback on what kind of server they'd rather play on. I'm used to playing on a PvP server, which obviously has the most intense play-style given that you turn every corner expecting a member of the opposing faction to gut you before you can cry for help. They're not for everyone, though, and I wouldn't mind the relaxation of playing on a PvE or RP server. For that matter, we're an RPing community, so RPing on WoW from time to time (as awkward and difficult as that sometimes is) might be kind of fun.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Moon Guard is an RP (PVE) server. I won't play on a PVP server, because it is frustrating beyond words to be ganked every two seconds and camped, when you're just trying to turn in you last quest and level before you go to bed.

On MG, there is little pressure there to level, raid, or have "the bestest, newest and latest tier gear" for those who don't have the time to raid or instance perpetually (though you CAN find that, if you want). There is also a heavier emphasis on finding ingame RP as well.

I already have characters there, though my emphasis on Moon Guard has been the Horde side. When Cataclysm comes, though, I'll be all over the worgen (new Alliance race) like white on rice, so... Wink

Also, there is at least one other FOGger whose characters are also on that server - but I'll let him put up a post when he can. He tried to the other day, and the forum ate his stuff... ><
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Well, I wouldn't mind playing on Moon Guard, I guess. I have a friend who plays on that server who likely would be happy that I finally decided to join her...even though she only plays on the Horde side. Still, compared to what she's told me about the "RP" on that server, you have a very optimistic opinion of it.

I don't know. There are a few brand new servers. Perhaps we should just start fresh on one of those. I just thought joining Perenolde would be helpful to Axiom and Fate, who have a more limited play schedule than the rest of us, I'm sure.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:17 pm

Aaaaaaaaaw man! You guys are soooo making me want to play again Sad

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:06 pm

*glomps* meh Reffy... Don't be sad!

*rubs forehead, with a little sigh* I'm not "optimistic:" MG is a server with friends and people I know. It doesn't matter what RP server you go to: Goldshire and Silvermoon will always be Goldshire and Silvermoon. Just an icky fact of life. : P Anyone who wishes to, though, doesn't have to transfer a character there - it's just as easy to start a new one, and level with friends.

And my time is just as limited as anyone else's, in truth. I would go to Perenolde, but with splitting what time I have between Suramar and MG, I simply cannot add a third. If Fate and Axiom were looking to move, or start over elsewhere, I'm offering a couple choices... Wink
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm not entirely sure what we be our best option, if we all wanted to try playing together and forming our own FOG guild. Since Axiom works full time and is taking classes online, he can only play for a little bit at night when he doesn't have homework. So long as I don't have homework or am not in class, I should be able to be on during the daytime, unlike Axiom, and in the evenings when I don't have class.

For starters, I think it's probably safe to say that we won't be playing on a PVP server. Not only is Igraine not a fan of those, but neither are Axiom and I. I'm sure it's exciting for more hardcore and devoted players, but for people that either don't have the time to play all day and commit to working around probably being killed often or that simply like to play more leisurely (or both), it's not very intriguing. It can just be a headache to a lot of people. Axiom originally started out playing on a PVP server when he first started playing WoW, back when he was in a really serious raiding guild. He later changed to Perenolde though since his buddy was on that. From what he told me about the PVP server he played on though, it seemed really frustrating and certainly not something I'd enjoy.

If we are forming a FOG guild in WoW, it probably makes sense to have it on a role-playing server. I'm not personally familiar with any of the servers/realms, so I'll rely on you guys and Axiom for that information.

I'm fine with playing either Horde or Alliance, but if we did happen to choose Alliance, then I would transfer my Mage character to the server we decide on (given that we don't stick with Perenolde) who I just started playing as. She's level 26 now, so she's still pretty low.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:38 pm

If we were to do this, I would prefer to play on a PVE or RP server. I really can't see myself going back to a PVP server being the very casual player that I am now. I'm not too picky about which PVE/RP server we play on. I don't know much about RP servers, but from what I've read and can imagine, not too many people take it all that seriously. I'm more concerned about the players, other guilds on the server and the economy than anything.

I tend to like to the Alliance side more so than the Horde. I've tried leveling Horde characters and I just can't stand their cities. I also plan to level a Worgen if I'm still playing WoW when Cataclysm is released.

Anyway, I'm open to opinions on realms. Transferring characters gets expensive really fast though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Well, I just looked at the servers, and Moon Guard's status is full. That means that you can't create any characters on there, right? Even if you can occasionally (when people delete their old characters), that means that logging in will be harder. Overpopulation isn't very appealing, though neither is underpopulation.

There are a lot of other RP servers though that are medium in their population to choose from, if we are looking at those. Does anyone have any other preference?

EDIT: From what Axiom and I have been reading, Moon Guard has apparently been dying (as a role-playing community) lately, and Wyrmest Accord is supposed to be one of the best RPing realms. So, that one might be a good option for us.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:23 pm

From the small amount of research since my last post I've gathered that Sentinels, Shadow Council and Wyrmrest Accord all have active RP communities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:32 pm

I wouldn't mind either of those servers. Wyrmrest Accord and Sentinels are currently listed as Medium population while Shadow Council is High. Of course, given the time, that could just mean that more of the Shadow Council player-base is active later at night, but it's a good general indicator of what to expect from the server as a whole.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Alright, well, I just created a Night Elf Druid on the Wyrmrest Accord named Ilyrea. I not only liked the name of it and what it represented (an alliance of the remaining four Dragonflights), but also just what I've read about it. I haven't started playing on there though, just in case we decide on going with something different, but if this is what everyone can agree on, I think it'd be a really great choice. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:02 am

Damn, I like PvP. My main is a mage who likes remembers the good old days when I could solo two or three rogues at a time, and let them die cursing. Alas, those days are gone now. Damn CoS. Anyway, I am on MG with absolutely no one to RP with, got a dwarf tank, but I can restart on WA with a dranei pally, tank/heals ftw.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Man, that would be insane! I can't imagine my Mage solo anyone, let alone 2 or 3 other players at once. Then again, I always fail at dueling/PVPing. xD

Oh, but you have a character on Moon Guard too? It seems like that realm is really overly popular. It's full even during the daytime, and I'm really apprehensive about joining a full realm, since I really would hate to wait in a queue to play. Like I mentioned, Axiom (my fiancé) and I usually cherish each moment of spare time we have lol. But if you're up for rolling a new character anyway, that'd be cool. I don't plan on quitting my Mage, but it's not as fun as I thought it'd be. (Perhaps that's just because I have also been playing a Death Knight for the first time.) I wanted to try playing a Druid with a Restoration build.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:33 pm

I can still 2 v 1 dps that are bad. Because I have not found a good arena team, I don't have the gear to do it against people that are good, but if you can lock someone out for about twenty seconds, that is about enough time to get some lucky nukes out. Reset, and wax the last. Before they could come at me cold, and I could just waste em. Alas, but if the rogue is good and gets the drop on me, I am still screwed.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zovo Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Reffy wrote:Aaaaaaaaaw man! You guys are soooo making me want to play again Sad

Be strong Ref!
Zovo
Zovo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadman - D17 Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Igraine wrote:Also, there is at least one other FOGger whose characters are also on that server - but I'll let him put up a post when he can. He tried to the other day, and the forum ate his stuff... ><

Someone called? Wink

Copying this before posting.. to ensure it doesn't get eaten again.. But I've been playing off-and-on since... oh... late 2006 I think it was, though I have been playing more frequently now, having recently transferred all my current characters over to Moon Guard, and made a few more there as well XD

I'm mostly on Derren, my forsaken Warlock, but I have a multitude of other guys and gals, from levels 3 to 76. All but one are Horde, but if we are thinking of starting a FOG guild on a realm, I have almost never run into queues for Moon Guard, even though it's full, and though I can't really say if it's 'dying' or not... if it is.. maybe we all can bring some life back to it? Smile

And because the title mentions screenshots.... well... I don't have much in the way of screenshots, but I have made a good number of WoW-based images, and put them up on Photobucket and DA... Hmm... Let's see...

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots Sud

A one-armed warrior for a Story that I need to work on more than I have >< the background is a screenshot, actually, of outside the Undercity at night.

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots Jan-1

Not a screenshot..... but a pic of my Deathknight, Sorrowsword (full name is Janaril Sorrowsword... but Jan was already taken on Moon Guard Sad )

World of Warcraft -- Discussion + Screenshots IsoLir

And you may recognize this from Igraine's avatar Very Happy Her Isoldaa and my Liranel
Deadman - D17
Deadman - D17
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:24 pm

I should find Of Silver Sorrow on the WoW forums and have you post it here. It was pretty epic.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:29 pm

Gosh I wish I could play again. >_<

DAMN YOU PATCHES!!!!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:15 am

Ah, so Deadman's the one that plays on MG too. Smile Haha those are pretty epic screenshots. I knew I recognized that last one.

I decided to play as my Druid I mentioned that I started on Wyrmrest Accord to try out the realm and see how people were and such. Since I was a Night Elf, I was in Teldrassil, Darnassus, and Darkshore only so far, but I actually found the talk, if there ever was any, to be surprisingly mature. I even witnessed something that I had never seen before in an MMO besides Lord of the Rings Online -- people using proper grammar. I was even fortunate enough to make a friend who was very into role-playing and had a Druid as her main, so she offered to help me whenever she was online. So, I had some really wonderful experiences so far, and I managed to level my new Druid to 12 already.

From Axiom's research, Mood Guard has about twice as many people as Wyrmrest Accord. I've also read that, since the population is greatly higher on Moon Guard, there are a lot more unfriendly people that play on that realm and ones that typically can be more elitist, and that Wyrmrest Accord has more friendly, tight-knit players. I've also read that Moon Guard is "all about the cyber now," which sounds quit dirty and gross. Razz Apparently, when Wyrmrest Accord opened up, a lot of players even transferred entire guilds from Moon Guard to Wyrmrest. Finally, I read that most of the serious role-players did also end up switching over to Wyrmrest from Moon Guard, and since FOG itself supports more advanced role-playing, it would seem that Wyrmrest Accord is the better choice, not only since Moon Guard is full, but also for all these other reasons.

Deadman only has one Alliance character on the Moon Guard realm, so almost all of his characters are Horde. Since we are planning on starting an Alliance guild, it doesn't seem like being located on a different realm would greatly impact him personally. From what we heard from you guys so far, it seems like everyone is open to starting new characters. When it comes to Axiom and I personally, we were probably planning on switching realms anyway from Perenolde for our main characters, it was just a matter of finding a less-annoying realm that had everything we were looking for. So long as no one has any outrageous objections, I think Axiom and I would really like to start our FOG guild on Wyrmrest Accord.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:31 am

I will be creating a character on that realm posthaste. I will edit this post with the names of my characters.

For the sake of knowing when it would be most beneficial to play on that server, could everyone list the likely times they'll be online? I believe Fate mentioned that she and Axiom would be on during the later evening hours. I, personally, am available most of the day at the moment, but starting tomorrow, that could drastically change.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:02 am

I look forward to seeing you in game. Smile Like I said, my Druid character's name is Ilyrea.

So, after tomorrow, Weiss, is your schedule going to be a bit unpredictable? Today, I have the whole day off, since my one class that I have is cancelled. Normally though, I'll probably be on-and-off during the day when I don't have other obligations or things to do.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next