FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where The Wild Things Are

4 posters

Go down

Where The Wild  Things Are Empty Where The Wild Things Are

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Great movie. Not really what I was expecting, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it Smile Definitely worth going to see. Ryona and I thought about taking our son to see it, but I'm not sure he could handle the noise. It was a rather loud movie.

So, has anyone else seen it yet/plan on seeing it?

Back to top Go down

Where The Wild  Things Are Empty Re: Where The Wild Things Are

Post by Gadreille Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:11 pm

AAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARARAROOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Bites Silvone*

I loved it Smile Darker than I imagined, but in a good way!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Really? Is it that good? Hm..seems like I'm gonna have to do some convincing if it's as good as you two say.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:42 am

I haven't seen it, but I read a spoiler-less review that said the movie was best watched by people who are grown who remember the book from their childhood. It makes me happy to know that, and I definitely want to see it. Where the Wild Things Are was my favorite book when I was really little before I learned how to read.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Yes, it is definitely not a kids movie. I won't give anything away, since no one has seen it, but basically it is an adult movie from a child's point of view.

Everyone here has to remember that Silvone and I have an odd, and sometimes considered 'poor' taste in movies. We like what we like, regardless of what masses or critics will tell you.

We loved it, that doesn't guarantee you will too.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:28 pm

Pan's Labyrinth is kind of like that... being an adult movie from a child's point of view. It's probably a lot more adult than Where the Wild Things Are, but that's the first thought I had when I read your post. ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:13 pm

I would agree that Pan's Labyrinth is a fitting comparison, though also even more adult-like. There are certain points in Where The Wild Things Are where I thought "now that isn't really fitting for a child," but there are quite a bit more of those in Pan's Labyrinth.

But if you liked Pan's Labyrinth, you can't go wrong with Where The Wild Things Are!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:50 pm

I saw it a couple of days ago and actually... I HATED it. I couldn't stand the monsters, I really thought it was an awful movie to watch, I didn't like the main character, it gave me an awful feeling in my stomach and I can continue forever.

I expected something better, but I actually did like how the movie let go of the traditional fantasy 'rules'. It wasn't about creating the most perfect place and/or hiding away in your own fantasy mind. I really liked that, but I didn't like the execution of the idea and I know for certain that if I was a child and I watched this movie, that I would have nightmares because of it.

Nope, didn't like it at all. But I understood this is originally a book, so maybe I should read that...
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Reading the book won't help any. I had that feeling in my stomach as well, but I enjoyed it. Like you said, it was different!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:54 pm

It is now, if you didn't know already. I just bought it Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 24, 2010 10:12 am

I couldn't finish watching this movie. I thought it was horrible. I turned it off after... half an hour...tops. That little kid was so annoying and that mom! Oh man. I couldn't stand it any longer, lolz. Maybe I didn't like it because it was so loud, as you mentioned...No, I'm a loud person myself and loud things don't usually bother me. That kid was straight up annoying! I don't plan on ever seeing it through, though. Bad first experience, lolz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon May 24, 2010 12:20 pm

I wasn't sure I enjoyed it, either, but I managed to finish it. It was incredibly slow moving, and I definitely didn't like the little kid.

I also felt like this movie didn't know which demographic to which it was trying to appeal. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat May 29, 2010 1:28 pm

I felt that the child expressed the normality within children that is squashed by society's desire for perfection. *shrugs* but to each his own.

The director wanted to appeal to an older crowd, but was forced to make it "younger" or pull the plug altogether. So yea, you are right, but it wasn't like the director wanted it that way...he was cornered into it.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat May 29, 2010 2:29 pm

That always sucks when outside forces hinder the creativity of others and essentially make what's produced kind of... crappy.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down