FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Your Scenery!

+4
Kalon Ordona II
The Melancholy Spirit
Fate Flyer
Kathryn Lacey
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post Your Scenery! Empty Post Your Scenery!

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:44 am

Okay, so I'm really sick of people posting scenery in the Post Yo' Picture thread because that thread is supposed to be exclusively for pictures of people. I decided to make this thread in the hopes that people will stop doing that there and post them here instead.

You can post the pictures as big as you like because after this hits the second or third page, I'm probably going to ignore this thread. However, it does seem kind of stupid to post them so large that they're cut off at the edge by the forum itself, so be intelligent with the sizes.

I only have a couple small scenery pictures to post, but I hope you enjoy them. ^^_^^

This was taken from behind a large window in a small coffee shop in Fairfield.
Post Your Scenery! MyHero2

This was taken at the reservoir at sunset.
Post Your Scenery! Art010

These are my basement stairs.
Post Your Scenery! Bwstairs0506.07

This was taken from a roof ((sh! Don't tell the authorities!)). It's the square in Fairfield. Due to a beautification process, the square is undergoing construction at the moment, so it looks a tad bit different. One of these days, when things are green and pretty, I'll climb onto that roof and take some pictures of the finished product.
Post Your Scenery! Trees2

This was also taken that same day in the same area but it was more to the west.
Post Your Scenery! Clouds

Same day. Same area. This is the street in front of the building from which I took the previous two pictures.
Post Your Scenery! BlurredCar

There! Now stop posting pictures like this in the wrong thread! >=(

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post Your Scenery! Empty Re: Post Your Scenery!

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 am

Yay! Dance Thanks for starting this, Kathryn. ^^

Ooh, I absolutely love your pictures!! They're so artistic. Even your basement stairs look captivating. It'd be interesting to do more photography there. I love black and white photos in rustic places or places that aren't all bright and new. I really adore that sunset picture as well. That's so stunning! Hehe it's awesome too that you managed to get on the roof for that other photo. That's always something I wanted to do for some reason. xD

Let's see... Here are a few of mine:

Post Your Scenery! Beachness010EDIT
This is one of my favorites. It was taken along the Mississippi River in Rock Island, Illinois, overlooking the Centennial Bridge leading over into Iowa. The cool thing about living in the Quad Cities (as that area is called), was that I traveled back and forth between states on a daily basis. I miss that beach too. We'd walk there from a favorite coffee shop that was popular and famous among teens and young adults called Theo's.

Post Your Scenery! Mallard_Pointe_Kennel_BG2_by_Shadow
I took this one day at work at my first job. I was sixteen and working at a place called Mallard Pointe Kennels, and my main job was a dog walker. It was really early, since I started work at 7:00 AM, I believe. I wanted to take some pictures of the dogs and such that day, so I brought my camera with me, but as I was walking one of the dogs, a huge, seemingly never-ending flock of birds flew overhead. They had to have been migrating. There were just so many birds, and the flow of them never stopped.

Post Your Scenery! BHC016
This was also taken all the Mississippi River, but this was on the Iowa side and next to the main 74 bridge.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:04 am

Aww. Thanks, Fate. Yeah. Our basement is an unfinished one, and it's creepy and cobwebby, so it really works for photographs like that. Plus, making it black and white not only made it look more aesthetically pleasing, it hid the fact that those stairs are actually really bleh upon which to look.

Yeah. There's this... towery thing that you have to climb to get onto that roof, and it's a bit scary at first, but if you climb it a lot, it's easier. The worst part is really just the part where you have to close the distance between the roof and that little towery thing.

I really love your pictures, Fate. They're amazing. The first is my favorite. I've only been over to Illinois via that bridge once, so it's not really familiar to me at all. They're still nice images, though. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:18 am

Oooh, it's neat, I think, that you have a creepy basement lol. I'm always intrigued by those, but yeah, I imagine it would make a nice place for some more artistic photographs.

Wow, that's crazy that you climbed a tower to get up there on the roof. Don't hurt yourself! It'll be cool though to see what that square looks like all completed.

Aw, thanks. ^-^ Haha that's so amazing though that you actually went over that bridge once!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:35 pm

This makes me want to dig up some o' the old Ireland pictures and scan them. To bad I've no idea where those things are. Sad
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:00 pm

Here's one side of our back yard, taken from the lower deck.
Post Your Scenery! Familybackyard2b

And here's another one in a fairer season. ^^
Post Your Scenery! Familybackyard
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticaldragonmagic Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:17 am

Pretty Duckies:

Post Your Scenery! Img_1216

One of the many fountain-like things on the Riverwalk:

Post Your Scenery! Img_1129

This building was so tall! I adore tall buildings, my group had to drag me away...

Post Your Scenery! Img_1130

My bestie froze so that I could get this shot ^_^ She's such a doll!

Post Your Scenery! Img_1131

"Historic" steps where a man asked for directions.

Post Your Scenery! Img_1217
mysticaldragonmagic
mysticaldragonmagic
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Here is where I [almost] always sit for doing online things (like posting this picture!). cheers
See the scanner? xD See the minish hourglass? xD
Post Your Scenery! Michae13

And here is a no-internet computer upon which I shall write my novel! ^^
(It's mostly Sister #2's. Hence the Starbucks mousepad and fluffy pen jar. xD)
Post Your Scenery! Michae14
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon May 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Aww. I think it's time to revive this thread!

I took a few pictures that I would love to share with you guys.

The first is of a snail. ^^_^^ The little critter was crawling across the front porch, making very slow progress. The first picture I took of it was uncooperative because I think I scared it. Its eyes weren't sticking out so much. However, this picture I'm showing you turned out to be great. You can even see the little trail of slime it left behind it!

Post Your Scenery! IMG_04623

The next pictures are of flowers ((and one tree shot)). I took a bunch because we have these lovely flowers on the front and side of our house, and they're really neat!

The first pictures are of the flowers growing in front of my house. They're really pretty, especially the bright, stripey ones, but the other flowers help to add a definitely appeal.

Post Your Scenery! ZIMG_04803

Post Your Scenery! ZIMG_04813

Post Your Scenery! ZIMG_04783

Post Your Scenery! ZIMG_04823

This next picture was taken of the tree in my backyard. It's spring, but it still hasn't really broken into full bloom yet. However, I really love its texture.
Post Your Scenery! 051511-BestPhotoofaTree

These next two are of these flowers that seriously remind me of blueberries. They're on the side of my house.
Post Your Scenery! ZIMG_05023

Post Your Scenery! ZIMG_05013

This last one is of a flowering bush on the same side of my house as the blueberry-ish flowers.
Post Your Scenery! ZIMG_05153

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Those are gorgeous shots, Kathryn. I love the snail picture. I've always wanted a picture like that but of a praying mantis. Someday I'll get it! lol.

Those yellow and red flowers are brilliant. Such vibrant color!

My favorite picture is of the old tree. I just love old things Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon May 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Thanks. ^^_^^ I took more pictures, but these were the best ones I took, and I didn't want to spam FoG with a million shots when I know that not everyone has speedy internet.

Honestly, a praying mantis would probably be better than my snail because it would have better lighting. It was already dark outside when I found the snail, and the only lighting I had was the porch light. If/when you get a praying mantis shot, I want to see it because I think you would do a wonderful job with it!

I love the yellow and red flowers, too. I like how they're all curly, too, unlike the red and the purple tulips that grow among them. It really insures that they're the stars of the show.

The tree is my favorite shot, too! The minor brightness/contrast editing I did to it really makes the texture stand out a lot more, too.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 17, 2011 12:08 am

Whoa, Kathryn, I looove those flower pictures, as well as the close-up of the tree. Gorgeous! I love nature photography like that, all up close and detailed. The snail is even kind of cute. Smile

These aren't really anything special, as they were taken with my cell phone just today, but here are a few pictures that I took at Black Hawk Park.

Post Your Scenery! 1305574399428EDIT
Post Your Scenery! 1305575434108EDIT
Post Your Scenery! IMAG0121
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Thanks, Fate. ^^_^^ I really think that my current camera facilitates nicer photography more than my crappy Kodak camera did. It has some great settings on it to help me, and the focus is awesome. ^^_^^

Your pictures were taken with a cell phone? ^o_O^ What kind of cell phone do you use? Those pictures are awesome! My favorite is the lake picture, but I like the other two as well. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 17, 2011 3:55 pm

That's something I envy you for. Axiom and I were just talking about that actually while on our walk over the weekend, about how it'd be nice to someday have a really good-quality camera. I'd really love to ask for one for Christmas, but I'm afraid the kind I would want to get would be asking for too much (especially with my parents moving to New Mexico before the end of the year/Christmas time).

I have the HTC Evo, but I owe the cool effect on that image of the river to the Vignette app, which can do all kinds of really neat effects to photos as you take them. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 pm

My camera isn't anything fancy. It's just a point-and-shoot like I've always had. However, I've found that Canon is way better than Kodak. Before my boyfriend bought me my Canon, all I'd ever had was Kodak. Sometimes, the company making it can make a huge difference in the quality you get.

Well, I love the effect you chose to give to the photograph. It was a very good choice.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue May 17, 2011 5:06 pm

I was thinking the same thing, Kathryn. Those photos are amazing for phone pictures! I love the "forest floor" shot. I've always liked that "backward" depth of field look.

Kodak is rather low quality, we bought my brother one and I noticed the quality isn't very good. My point and shoot is a sony cybershot, its pretty good outdoors but it's indoor pictures aren't very good.

Fate, I recommend looking for a used SLR camera. You can save tons of money, and since there are so many new models being made, it is not that hard to find a photographer wanting to sell his old stuff in replace of newer. I actually got mine for free!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat May 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Does this count as scenery? Well, I suppose it kind of is... It's certainly not a picture of me, so it belongs in this thread somewhat more.

Anyway. Tony spotted a snake on these steps we were walking up at Black Hawk Park where we went after lunch to enjoy the weather. He was pretty cute and very tiny. I wanted to pick him up, but at the same time I didn't want to frighten him. He was sniffing us with his tongue, but eventually he slithered off into the trees, which was good, since I didn't want him getting stepped on. He moved SO fast for such a little guy! I was surprised. I don't have a lot of experience with snakes, but it was cool watching him. I believe he was a gardener snake, correct?

Post Your Scenery! IMAG0001EDIT
Post Your Scenery! IMAG0002EDIT

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Sat May 21, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat May 21, 2011 7:47 pm

I posted a picture of a snail, so I definitely think a snake counts! I think anything that doesn't fit in the "Post Yo' Picture" thread counts as scenery. =3 I originally made the thread for that purpose anyway because the other thread was getting cluttered with images that weren't of people.

I don't know what kind of snake it is, but it is seriously made of cute!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat May 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Oh, true! Okay, well that works for me. :] Yeah, the other photo thread was getting some pictures that didn't really fit the theme, so thank you for starting this one for us.

I knooowww. His cuteness made me want to wrap him around my wrist like a bracelet like I did in a crazy, random dream I had not long ago. Laughing
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat May 21, 2011 8:26 pm

That is indeed a garter snake. Very cool! Clap
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat May 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Ahhh, oops, garter. Thanks for the correction and for specifying that, Kalon. :] I haven't seen them since I was a kid, and I think that's the last I heard about them too lol. My brother and I used to catch them in our backyard, and I always assumed my mom was calling them gardener snakes lol.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 24, 2011 12:59 am

Here's a picture I took out of my car window as I was driving (lol). I always see things I want to take pictures of whenever I'm driving or just outside. Everything inspires me. If I really knew how to operate a camera and if photography jobs actually paid well, that might have been something I pursued, since my dad does photography as a side-job, and his dad before him was a photographer for one of his jobs too (but that was back in the day when he had to develop all the photos himself in a dark room -- so glad that's behind us!).

Post Your Scenery! 227906_2064892828262_1422997308_32369982_5187372_n
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue May 24, 2011 3:52 am

Wow, that looks like a painting!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 24, 2011 12:38 pm

I agree with Kalon, Fate. That picture is absolutely stunning! Great shot!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 pm

hehe Thanks!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed May 25, 2011 5:26 am

Nice thread and pictures! Can't believe I hadn't come across it before.

I was freeing up some space on my memory card and found this shot, I think I took it on a trip about a month or so. The quality isn't as good as some of the stuff posted here, but the car was moving pretty fast and I have zero skills to begin with. Razz I like the contrast of snow-capped mountains and lush, green hills, touched by spring in this one. Plus the light peeking from behind the grey clouds adds a certain layer of eerines about it. That's my take anyway.

I'm giving you guys a direct link, since the picture is pretty big and it doesn't quite fit the forum here.

Here
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Posted on May 25th, 2011
OMG! I always love seeing sun beams through the clouds. They're always so neat looking! ^*_*^

EDIT
On May 25th, I took some pictures of these nice smelling flowers on these bushes in my backyard. I don't know what they are, but these were my two favorite pictures I took:
Post Your Scenery! IMG_09653

Post Your Scenery! IMG_09563

While I was in Oregon, my love took me to the Seaside Aquarium on May 29th, and we got to see super pregnant seals and other kinds of animals. I took some pictures, and these were my favorites even though I can't remember what kinds of animals they were. ^x_x^
Post Your Scenery! IMG_10093

Post Your Scenery! IMG_09973

Post Your Scenery! IMG_09913

After that, we went to his mom's apartment, and I saw this really cool tree. I mean... I know it's really hard on a tree to have its roots just sticking out like that, but the visual effects are really cool. =(
Post Your Scenery! IMG_10583

Post Your Scenery! IMG_10573

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:22 am

Those flowers are lovely! They almost look similar to lilacs (my absolute favorite in terms of scent).

Oh my goodness, those aquarium pictures are fantastic! Such funny little guys. Aww I especially love the one with the starfish in the background of the fishy.

That tree's pretty insane too. I don't think I've ever quite seen a tree with nearly all its roots above ground like that. That'd be an interesting feature in your backyard.

I hope you had a lot of fun in Oregon!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:49 pm

I honestly think they could be lilacs. I'm not one hundred percent certain, but it's very possible. They're very fragrant.

The starfish picture is my favorite, too, in terms of overall appeal. It reminds me of The Little Mermaid scenery come to life. The crab picture is my favorite in terms of quality.

You probably don't see it often because it's really bad for trees to be like that. It happens because the top soil runs off when it rains, and it rains constantly in Oregon. XD

I did have a lot fun! Thanks!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:14 pm

I think they are lilacs...they are beautiful! My favorite color Smile

My favorite aquarium shot is the crab. I love the flat depth of field and the focus on the bright color of his body. And I also love that there is another crab in the background Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next