FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stupid Questions People Ask...all too frequently

+14
Ferrous Miles
Silvan Arrow
Gadreille
Fate Flyer
Inerio
Mur
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Sunni Ookami
Digital Muse
Ragter the junior greeter
Stion Gyas
Eternity
Adrius Frostglare
Resurrection Vic
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Stupid Questions People Ask...all too frequently Empty The Stupid Questions People Ask...all too frequently

Post by Resurrection Vic Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:56 pm

Have you ever been minding your own business when somebody strides up and asks you something personal, stupid, completely random? What do you say to them?

Share the odd questions of life such as these:

{referring to my dreadlocks} When are you going to change your hairstyle?
(um...they're not like a ponytail...)

{again, the dreadlocks} Ew! How do you not wash your hair everyday?!
(...a, I'm black...b, they're effing dreadlocks, washing my hair defeats the purpose...)

{and, because I love my mother... } So, you're pansexual, you're not gonna go around fucking goats, are you?
(gonna say no to that one...)

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

The Stupid Questions People Ask...all too frequently Empty Re: The Stupid Questions People Ask...all too frequently

Post by Adrius Frostglare Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Those instances are unenviable. Thankfully, I've not had these experiences often, mainly because I'm not really "out of the ordinary".

There is ONE person, however... ONE person who's got the balls-for-brains to do that and now that I think about, he has.

My cousin Connor (thankfully, he's not blood-related to me). The boy has a mouth he hardly does (or wants to) control, spewing these random questions and accusations. No, I am NOT buddy-buddy with him, if you must ask. He's a violent, impulsive hockey hick from Misoula, I'm.... me.

Let's see... Oh, the funnest and most oft-quoted one:
"You had sex yet?"
(No, and I'm ok with that. Of course, many of you will disagree, but I'm living, breathing, laughing, and smiling regardless Smile)
"Is she your girlfriend?"
(He asks this about just any girl I'm with, friend or otherwise. Naturally, the common answer is "no".)
"What position would you do it in?"
(Mrrrrr... I don't know... depends on what she'd like or let me do. When you lack experience it is a bit difficult to determine.)
"You ever smoked marijuana before?"
(OK, so I did once, but I promised myself never to do it again, if only because I actually didn't like the feeling of being brain-numb.)

But really, someone walking up to me out of the blue and just... asking? Not really and even so I've very little to hide 'cuz am a gewd boi : >
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

The Stupid Questions People Ask...all too frequently Empty Re: The Stupid Questions People Ask...all too frequently

Post by Eternity Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Stupid questions I've been asked.

(because I'm Italian)
"Are you half black?"
No, I'm olive-skinned with exotic features?

(because I'm surrounded by idiots, and I had sat next to one)
"Oh cool, are you taking this class too?"
No, I thought I'd take a break from hall monitor watch.

(and finally...)
"Are you related to the Asian chick upstairs?"
Do I look oriental to you? To anyone? HELLO?!?!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:41 pm

You can see with out glasses? (I wear glasses, but when I plan on being outside for a goodly time I skip the glasses. Especially in Florida, 'cause I sweat and it gets on the lenses and I can't see and it gets annoying. I can see fine without them, I just can't read anything/recognize letters from a distance.)
No, I'm just using sonar right now to navigate.
Oh. (A moment's silence.) You can do that?

(Some of my friends are a little... off. :F He didn't even know what sonar was at the time.)
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:09 pm

I'm not alone! Boogie

My least favorite of all the stupid questions:

You're a girl?! / You're not fat?
Yes, one who enjoys wearing sneakers and oversized sweatshirts with a comfy pair of jeans.

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:38 pm

Can I wear your glasses?
Oh sure, I wasn't using them[/sarcasm]

That just...pisses me off, I need them to see well and they just decide to see if they can see with them!
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:Can I wear your glasses?
Oh sure, I wasn't using them[/sarcasm]

That just...pisses me off, I need them to see well and they just decide to see if they can see with them!

Embarassed Guitly, but only because I've always wanted glasses of my own. It's a weird kind of jealousy, I know. Embarassed

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Here's the most annoying question for time immemorial:

"Hey, guess what?"

Tongue Taunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:58 pm

I love the one where someone will call me and ask. "Hey! What're you doing?"

A. "I'm talking to you, dumb-ass."

Another one was when I was dressed in costume from my stint as a Renaissance fair gig. My SO (not in garb) and I went to a local fast food restaurant. Now I'm used to the gawks and people commenting on how they like the garb, etc. But! One gal asked me, "Do you dress like that everyday?"

A. "Yes of course! I do appear to have lost my way, canst thou be so kind as to redirect me to my own time?"
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:02 am

"Oh wow, have you ever looked at your eyes before?"
Oh, no, sorry. I try to avoid mirrors, they bring out my alter ego.

"Are you dating him?!"
No, I'm just holding his hand so he doesn't run away. He's just my sex slave.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:26 am

How are you?

This makes me mad too...How else are we going to respond, other then with 'Fine' like everyone on the planet does?!
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:31 am

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:How are you?

This makes me mad too...How else are we going to respond, other then with 'Fine' like everyone on the planet does?!

A: Not so great?

"Aren't you Spanish?"

I'm sorry that you may not see it, but there's a difference between us mixed people and Spanish people. Therefore, I think you're blind.

(referring to glasses) "You can see out of these things???"

If I didn't, then there would be no point of wearing them now would there? Fucking dumbasses...

"Washington D.C. or Washington state?"

I've never heard anyone call D.C. just Washington. It's always Washington D.C. or just D.C. I think calling it D.C. is to keep it unconfused with Washington... Stop making me have to explain e-ve-ry-time.

"Hey, remind me to [whatever]."

Why would you think I, someone who occasionally can't even remember what she was gonna do in the kitchen, remember something that you yourself aren't very confident in remembering? Stop... Asking me.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:51 am

My favorite question: I eat the same thing at work every day...I don't really like to explore foodstuffs (and I work in a grocery store Doh ). After months of everyone seeing me eat the same thing, everyone has asked me at least once recently "Are those good?"
And I always respond with: "No, their disgusting."

The worst possible question to ask me: "Are you Christian/religious?" Why? Here's a little story.
I stopped at a gas station after work one night to get a drink. A man approached me and told me he needed a lift to his truck at home. He also said he needed some gas money, because his truck was out of gas and he had no way to get any. So, whatever, I gave the guy about 10 dollars and gave him a ride home. As I stop in front of his house he turns to me and asks if I'm religious. I say no, I'm an atheist (a label I refuse to use now, as I consider it simply another religious category). But the guy says this to me: "No, you're a Christian. An atheist would never do that for someone. Don't let other people try to tell you what you are, just follow what you believe."

Alright...you ignorant, hypocritical bastard. I just gave you money and a ride home and you are going to insult my very being? My beliefs and moral standing? You are going to tell me that my actions don't do a damn for who I am, its just what I believe?

So, basically, I ignore anyone who asks what religion I am because I know, no matter what, I will be judged. It has happened more than once, it will happen again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:56 am

Silvone Elestahr wrote:My favorite question: I eat the same thing at work every day...I don't really like to explore foodstuffs (and I work in a grocery store Doh ). After months of everyone seeing me eat the same thing, everyone has asked me at least once recently "Are those good?"
And I always respond with: "No, their disgusting."

The worst possible question to ask me: "Are you Christian/religious?" Why? Here's a little story.
I stopped at a gas station after work one night to get a drink. A man approached me and told me he needed a lift to his truck at home. He also said he needed some gas money, because his truck was out of gas and he had no way to get any. So, whatever, I gave the guy about 10 dollars and gave him a ride home. As I stop in front of his house he turns to me and asks if I'm religious. I say no, I'm an atheist (a label I refuse to use now, as I consider it simply another religious category). But the guy says this to me: "No, you're a Christian. An atheist would never do that for someone. Don't let other people try to tell you what you are, just follow what you believe."

Alright...you ignorant, hypocritical bastard. I just gave you money and a ride home and you are going to insult my very being? My beliefs and moral standing? You are going to tell me that my actions don't do a damn for who I am, its just what I believe?

So, basically, I ignore anyone who asks what religion I am because I know, no matter what, I will be judged. It has happened more than once, it will happen again.

I would have to say that is a little beef of mine. Doing something nice doesn't make you Christian, it just makes you a considerate person. [sighs] Sorry if this offends people, but I wouldn't have so much problems with religion (mainly Christian and its cousins) if it weren't for people like that. But anyways. Back to the topic of this thread...

Another stupid question:

(I know a little bit of Japanese, but I forgot a lot)
"Did you spend a lot of time getting that from Anime?"

[insert strongly worded mumbles]

NO!!! THERE ARE SUCH THINGS AS JAPANESE CLASSES IN WASHINGTON!! THAT INVOLVES TEXTBOOKS, NOTES, STUDYING, GROUP ASSIGNMENTS AND TESTS!! Thanks, Lucian.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:06 am

Do those books include Mangas?

MWAHAHAHA!

Okay, what's an annoying question that I hear too much...

Oh yes, I have one that gets on my nerves quite a bit.

'Why don't you live with your mom?'

Every time I tell people I live with my aunt and grandfather they ask questions about my family and their living arrangements. First off, it's none of your business what's going on in my family, secondly, just because your not close enough with your family to live with anyone other than your parents, doesn't mean mine is the same way. My grandfather practically raised me, and he still helps me out to this day.

So I got two words for ya!
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mur Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:13 am

*glares at computer screen for a long, long time*
Wow. I really do not envy any of you. Dreadlocks, Deadliest Vic? Very impressive. ^_^

(on why I detest my father)
"What'd he ever do to you to make you hate him so badly? He's your dad!"
Just because a man fathered you does not give him automatic unconditional love rights, all right? And in any whoopty fuckin' case, what business is it of yours? Seeing as how, A: You certainly aren't a close friend of mine, and B: You are obviously way too nosy for your own good, there's no good reason in the universe I should have to explain my reasoning to you, or anyone else besides he and myself. So, if I may properly suggest, find a new "project", and get the hell off my back!

Jeez. I've received this damn question at least once every other day ever since the man showed up wildly angry at my middle school looking for me. Suppose the butt-innery will never stop, but it does help to rant a bit. I also hate the ever ominous:

"What are you?"
(because my parents are both of mixed decent, and I look...interesting myself)

Student. Role player. Writer. Zombie. Female. Two X chromosomes matched together? If I got any more basic than that, I'd need a seventh grade science text book and a chart. That answer you properly?

I think that's karma getting me back for the completely humor powered question I asked my big brother once. "Hey, Brother, did you ever kill or buy a hooker?"
I got no answer, only a blank stare, and that was enough for me. Ah, good times. ^_^
Mur
Mur
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:17 am

Why do you barely go out?

Well, this may be somewhat justified, but from my experience, most of the people in this world are just a big bunch of a-holes who would like nothing more then to insult you. Besides, I rather like my home.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:20 am

Another annoying question I just remembered is people asking me why I don't drink. There are a million answers I can give to that question, but I usually just say "because I just don't."

I want to say:
"It's disgusting."
"My dad is an alcoholic. A violent alcoholic."
"Drunk people are stupid."
"Drunk people are irresponsible."
"Why risk ruining my marriage?"
"I'm an angry person, and I'm afraid I will end up like my father."
"It will, without a doubt, shorten my life expectancy."

I think I'm going to start responding with my own question: "Why do you drink?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:24 am

I haven't been asked that question, but god, it seems stupid. The most obvious answer is that it can kill you o_O
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 am

I get asdked about my father a lot to, there's also, "You're stepsister's really got your same name?"
Yes, you disbelieving asshole, my father is dating, and mating, I have a brother to prove it, another woman who gave birth to a duaghter the year I was born and named her the same FIRST name my mother gave me! Is that really hard to believe, it's a common FUCKING NAME!

Oh, and when I'm sitting there with, knitting needles, yarn, and a paper counteing my rows, people invariably ask,, "Is that knitting or crocheting?" as well as, "Oh, you knit?"
First off, knitting=two needles, crocheting=one hooked needle and nothing else. Second, no, it's not knitting, it's a clever way of concealing deadly weapons for stabbing dumbasses like you.

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:05 am

"Is that your soda/backpack/dog?" Frequently asked when I'm holding the item or animal. My usual reactions are.

". . .HOW DID THAT GET IN MY HAND?!/No, I'm stealing it."

"You aren't wearing all black today!" To which I respond.

"OH MY GOD! THIS WAS BLACK WHEN I LEFT THE HOUSE!!!"

"Are you wearing pants today?" Because I usually wear skirts.

"Nope, I thought I'd walk around in panties this morning."

"Is that your sister?" If you look in the pictures thread you'll see why I get asked that.

"Yeah, mom had a love affair with a construction worker, which is why I'm like this." This answer, believe it or not, people buy into. Which is utterly ridiculous because I'm five years older than my youngest sibling and the oldest child in my family.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:15 am

Stupid questions:

"Oh wow, your pupils are so big! Are you high?"
No, I'm just staring so hard at you that my eyes are widening and creating a portal from my mind to yours.

"What's wrong with your finger?"
It's crooked because I have to flip so many people off with it.
(I has arthritis, somewhat. And this site doesn't help LOL)

"Is that your father?"
No, he's just some cock-eyed Italian guy I picked up on the street who's old enough to be my father. Does that sound about right to you?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:31 am

Wow, some of these are really bad!!

Silvone, I would have been pissed. D:

"Why don't you want to be a video game designer?"

"'Cause I don't like doing 3D stuff. I'm terrible at it too."

*horrified look*

"I'll take any job that they can find me, so long as I'm not using 3D Studio Max."

"No you wouldn't. You'll be a 3D designer. You'll see."

"No, I won't. I'd rather do anything else."

"No you wouldn't."

Doh

I've had this conversation a few times now. It's like, people at my school in my major can't comprehend that I despise doing 3D work. I can't retain any information that I learn about the stupid program either. I hated it since day one, and people seem to like to argue with me that I do like it and that I will get a job doing it. It's like, come on. You're telling me what I want? Trust me. I know what I want, and it's not this. I guess this kind of fits in with this thread. At least, it was the only thing I could remember.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:03 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote:The worst possible question to ask me: "Are you Christian/religious?" Why? Here's a little story.

This coming from someone who believes in God: I too do not believe in religious labels and, personally, THIS man was an ass. I believe it was Gandhi who said:

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are not like your Christ."

I really don't think he was pointing at the obvious that we couldn't turn water into wine... *sigh*

Anyway, Silvone, I'm kinda like you in a way because I dislike people to judge me based simply on whether or not I believe in God (or, especially, HOW I believe in him). I don't think Christians are supposed to force anyone or pressure them into believing in God. They could talk about it, yeah, but when they tell others "YOU SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD!!" and immediately act in prejudice, distrust, and hatred simply because you do not is simply... abominable.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Adrius Frostglare wrote:

This coming from someone who believes in God: I too do not believe in religious labels and, personally, THIS man was an ass. I believe it was Gandhi who said:

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are not like your Christ."

I really don't think he was pointing at the obvious that we couldn't turn water into wine... *sigh*

Anyway, Silvone, I'm kinda like you in a way because I dislike people to judge me based simply on whether or not I believe in God (or, especially, HOW I believe in him). I don't think Christians are supposed to force anyone or pressure them into believing in God. They could talk about it, yeah, but when they tell others "YOU SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD!!" and immediately act in prejudice, distrust, and hatred simply because you do not is simply... abominable.

I was gonna use that quote, but I couldn't remember how exactly it went. I was going to put "I like Christianity, but not it's people." Ah, whatever. I think it's still around the same concept. A little. Like, my Grandma. She's a good Christian in my opinion. She doesn't push around "OH GOD! OH JESUS!" but she would still bless me, pray for me, and say he'd support me even though she knows I don't believe in all of it. Basically, I hate aggressive Christians who are really stubborn! I mean, if someone came to you and told you to change your fate you wouldn't. Why would you think it'd be justified for you.

These questions are thanks to Fate (she reminded me, not asked me):

"You draw really good! Are you going to go to Art School?"

Nope! All the hours upon hours I put into doodling, sketching, practicing, inking, pointing out major flaws, coloring, scrapping, and even FILING AND ORGANIZING my drawings is all so I can be a doctor.

"Why don't you wear high heels/skirts/dresses?"

Not my style.

"You'd looks pretty in them."

I don't like looking that kind of pretty.

"We're going to get you into some high heels."

HAHA! The only time I've done that was for prom and as a joke for my CLOSEST FRIENDS. What makes you think you can do that?

"Don't worry. By the end of [some time period] I'll fix you."

What the fuck?! There's nothing wrong with me!! What is there to fix?! I COULD go back to the way I USED to dress: majorly baggy shirts that don't match the rest of my clothes along with majorly baggy pants and majorly too-big-for-me shoes.

The way I dress is fine and if you don't like it then fine, plenty of other people do. It has nothing to do with attractiveness because people still find me attractive even when I'm NOT trying to look attractive with my outfit. I don't have to go majorly girly with my outfit to look good. At all! So leave it be.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Amen, Sunni! I have to point that out all the time. The funny thing is that boys my age don't like when I dress down, but older guys are always hitting on me when I want them to go the fuck away.

I've got an interesting convo for you:

You look like predator.

I look like a predator?

No, AvP, you look like Predator! Do you know where Alien is?

Fuck you.

SCREEEEEE.
The damned dreds.

And I have HATED this since elementary school:

VIctoria, (which is my given first name) what's your secret?"
I've got a thirty inch schlong, wanna see it?

And, whenever I talk about the sports I played in high school, somebody goes, "Oh, you played tennis and volleyball in high school?"
No, I'm just giving you a biography of somebody else's life and parading it as my own. Asshat.

And, then there's "Why don't you date black guys?" A, fuck you, I'll date a purple dude if I want to. B. I have dated a black guy. C. Because...and why do you insist that I date a black guy? Interracial love, ever heard of it?

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:05 pm

I think that currently, the most annoying question I get is

"Ready for another one (child)?"

What is this, a Pringles commercial? It's not a 'once you pop the fun don't stop' situation...

The other one that annoys me is
"You have a baby?"
Or the statement version:
"You don't look like you had a baby!"

First of all, I know they are trying to be nice...but for some reason it just annoys me. Just because my battle scars are hidden, doesn't mean the pregnancy, birth and raising of my baby have been easy.
Also, it's doubly annoying when someone I know hasn't yet realized that I gave birth almost ten months ago. I mean, its not like I kept it secret...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Why don't you take a shower?

This..just pisses me off to no end. I do take showers on a regular basis, but I have a horribly bad dandruff problem that I'm trying to get under control. I don't need some ass telling me to take a shower, when I do it on a daily basis.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:36 pm

Alright, another one. And it just happened today. Some guy posted a character in an OOC thread, and I'd already closed it to new members. Politely, I told him that I was no longer accepting new character.

So, I'm not accepted?

Yes, you are. You just aren't allowed to post.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:40 pm

I have a friend with the same problem, so I'm always, without thinking, telling he has something in his hair. He glares at me at first, and then tells me to get it for him...I finally figured out why Doh

I hate this question/game: Would you fuck......for a million dollars? a billion?
How about it wouldn't do you for a shanillion (that's one with a eleven sets of three zeros behind it ...)

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next