FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating and Moving Things Around...

+3
Kalon Ordona II
Adrius Frostglare
Fate Flyer
7 posters

Go down

Updating and Moving Things Around... Empty Updating and Moving Things Around...

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:39 pm

You probably noticed, but onenitedrive and I have been adding and subtracting a few things. Onenitedrive is going to be redesigning our links at the top (so hopefully, when you mouse over them, the highlight color will change), but they're going to need to be bigger, and it's already crowded enough as it is up there, so we're removing a few things from there.

Here is a list of the things we removed from the top navigation, along with whether or not you can still access it:

• Calendar - Gone
  • Playlist - Gone
  • Oekaki - Find in an announcement thread in the Art and Design forum
  • Mascot - Find in FOG Information forum
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Updating and Moving Things Around... Empty Re: Updating and Moving Things Around...

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:20 pm

You might also notice that the writing and journalism section is a little different. We moved some stuff around in there. We added a blog section. I stumbled upon the blog option in the admin panel today. It's neat and worth checking out. Cool

Back to top Go down

Updating and Moving Things Around... Empty Re: Updating and Moving Things Around...

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:44 pm

As you guys may notice, we are currently working on updating our buttons/links at the top. Onenitedrive is trying to make them so that when you mouse over them, the highlight color will change. They are kind of big right now and taking up 2 lines, but don't freak out - they're not done at all. So, just hang tight while he works on putting them all together for us.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Hell, the site's going Hulk. It looked like half of it bulged up while the rest stayed Bruce...

Banner...

Right, ignore the pun. It looks better now. You seem to have gotten the highlighting done Smile Keep the good work, guys. We appreciate it.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:04 pm

The only good pun is a bad pun. cheers

Hooray for updating the site! ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:15 pm

XD

Glad you guys like it. Smile I definitely am happier about the links now. (The ones before too, in case you didn't notice, were uneven. The text wasn't all on the same level, and that also annoyed me.)

Someday, we might even be able to create another layout, so you guys would be able to choose between this one and a lighter colored one. Of course, since it ALL has to be done in CSS, rather than just done simply like this one (since Forumotion doesn't have multiple layouts as an option), it would take a very, very long time to create, and it would have to entirely be up to onenitedrive to make it, since I can't create anything in CSS, lol. Still, it could possibly be an option.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:42 pm

The navigation buttons at the top are done Cool

As far as making another theme for FOG - That's still really far off. I need to figure out a way to allow members to switch between themes, since it's not something supported by forumotion at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:37 am

Meh, I've never been into the switching themes stuff. If it were up to me, I'd rather everyone's FOG experience be the same in regard to forum appearance. Common ground, type of thing.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:51 am

Nice update guys! It looks good!
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:13 pm

I just wanted to say that I love the improvements. The bigger buttons on the fast link line are awesome! Very Happy Its less jammed up and streamline <3

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Thank you, Reffy. I'm very happy you like improvements Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:03 pm

Hum. About the blog section.

I noticed that now there is one big post, and all the posts after that became comments, with a much smaller font. Is there any way to change that, so that the comments are bigger?
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 pm

We noticed that as well, Diodri -- that the blog section was set up so that only the first post was meant to be the blog entry, while the rest are comments. I'm not sure why that is, but we can't adjust that or the font size for the comments either. It's still a new feature to Forumotion I believe, so they may add some more options to it later.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:19 pm

I'm not sure I like the idea of switching between forum themes, either. My main reason is because you have to use certain shades of colours that aren't vibrant if you want to have coloured text that doesn't burn the retinas, and if there was a lighter version of FoG, I'm sure anyone who kept the darker theme would never be able to avoid the damage to their sight.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Diodri_Setera wrote:Hum. About the blog section.

I noticed that now there is one big post, and all the posts after that became comments, with a much smaller font. Is there any way to change that, so that the comments are bigger?

I'm able to change the size of the font. I hope it's better, Diodri.

Unfortunately, what I can't do is change how the blog functions. Ideally I would like each member to be able to create new posts within the blog (like the first one) and other members would then "comment" on those. Rather than each new entry being just a comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:I'm not sure I like the idea of switching between forum themes, either. My main reason is because you have to use certain shades of colours that aren't vibrant if you want to have coloured text that doesn't burn the retinas, and if there was a lighter version of FoG, I'm sure anyone who kept the darker theme would never be able to avoid the damage to their sight.
Yes -- that is one of the main things I was concerned about myself, Kathryn. So, if you use a lighter font color on this dark theme, someone reading it on the light theme wouldn't be able to see your text. That is definitely one of the main things that is problematic. If/when we do create a new theme, onenitedrive would have to write some code that could recognize the lighter shades of text and could change it to darker (on the light theme), and vice versa.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Yeah, as Fate said, that's a really good point. I didn't even think about the text. I doubt I'd be able to implement that much code on this forum, but it's something I might look into in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:56 am

The ghost do not seem to be working right.

EDIT: Now they are. What the hell?!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down