FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show Me Your Pets!

+35
Lost Dreams
Kalon Ordona II
Slenderella
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Dax
thecolorisred
toeknee
xraineyesx
MSurber90
Eternity
wakeangel
Shadow Moonseye
The Melancholy Spirit
Lyvee
Sighlent
Saori
Sheeple
Bird of Hermes
Savannah
Sin
Mydnyte Syn
Misery
Loki
Yael
ImmortalSin
Reffy
Gadreille
Digital Muse
Fate Flyer
Igraine
LunarScorpio
Silvan Arrow
Lara
Kathryn Lacey
39 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 Empty Re: Show Me Your Pets!

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:27 am

Airbender dog FTW! XD

Aww, you guys have such adorable dogs. heart I love those innocent looks.

I can't wait till I'm at the place in my life when Axiom and I can afford to have a dog. That probably won't be until we buy a house though, since not only do we need to be able to afford a dog and vet expenses, but apartments always charge a ridiculous amount every month just to have a pet and make you a pay a nonrefundable pet fee. It's just a money pit when you're living in an apartment, but UGH, I want a dog of my own so badly. (That's actually the subject of conversation for Axiom and I from time to time. I told him we're getting a Pomeranian and naming it Teddy. Aww )

So, in the meantime, here is the only pet that I have, but he is such a sweetie. People who haven't owned breeder rats before probably can't ever understand how friendly and sweet and smart they are, but they are a lot like having a miniature version of a dog.

This is my self (fur type - solid color), blue (fur color), dumbo (ear type), rex (fur and whisker type) rat. He's very rare in terms of breeder rat types. I only wanted to get myself a blue rat, since I think they're the most pretty in terms of color, but getting a dumbo-earred one with curly fur and curly whiskers was a huge bonus, since those are also rare things in rats. Very Happy He's my little baby. His name is Sky, and he's actually turning 2 years old this month on the 26th!

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 DSCN0641EDIT
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 DSCN0631EDIT
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 DSCN0630EDIT
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 DSCN0629EDIT
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost Dreams Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Paco is such a meany and slightly gay. Just look at that "sUper!" face. Razz He is always picking on MaxX and Booboo. You should post a picture of Booboo on here. :3 He is adorable too. He looks like someone dipped him upside down in a fire pit and smeared ashes on his ears and face. If I wasn't so attached to MaxX, Booboo would so be mine.

I love Rats and Mice the only thing that I don't care for on rats is their TAILS! Gross gross gross. I'll hold them and kiss em but I won't let their tail touch me. x_X weird right? Your Sky looks totally cool. I have to say I've never seen a blue breeding rat with curly hair.
Lost Dreams
Lost Dreams
Mist
Mist

Female

http://JFNS.Into/Anime Sactuary (Private archives)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 pm

LOL! That made me laugh, Lost Dreams. Silly Paco! That's awesome that you have a pet named Booboo. Axiom calls me Booboo sometimes haha. He sounds pretty adorable.

Yeah, actually that's pretty common. It seems a lot of people don't like rats because of their tails, so don't feel too strange about it! I personally don't mind it, but I'm a little weird when it comes to animals -- I like pretty much all types. hehe Sky is something pretty special. ^^
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Picture #3 looks like you're going "MY Sky!" xD

What's his personality like? Does he have any idiosyncrasies or quirks? ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:42 pm

lol! I didn't mean it to look so creepy.

Oh, he's a lot of things in one. I call him my monkey, since he'll jump up on the bars and start climbing all around his cage when I talk to him or when he gets excited for food. So I guess that's a pretty cute quirk of his. Smile He loves to play too, almost like a dog. He'll "attack" my hand and chase it around and hop around when he's out. (A lot of rat owners call it "popcorning" when rats hop around when they're happy and playful. ^^) He's just very easygoing and sweet and loves attention.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:36 am

So their jumps kind-of pop? That sounds awfully cute! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspeyer Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Aw, Sky sounds so cute and wow so big. I've never seen a rat with curly hair before. I wish I could touch it. I bet he kind of looks like a ferret when he hops around, haha

I don't like my parent's dog's name so I just call him Boo. Someone else named him and we hadn't been able to come up with another name so we just shortened it to that. Meh. If I get a good picture of him I'll put it up.
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

http://holly.clonestyle.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Soo cute Fate! I really want to get a caged animal, and I've been thinking of getting a small rat...but I admit I know next to nothing about caring for rats!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:56 am

Here's mine ^_^:

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 Houndour

This is my Houndour. I call him Red. He loves his scarf thingy. Try to take it and he'll get very angry.

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 Photo0009
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 Photo0017

One of my two cats, this is Buster. He's not that tiny anymore, the pic was taken a long while ago. But I still like to hold him up in the air and sing the intro song from The Lion King. >_>

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 Photo0021

Oh great, you took too long to pat him and now he's eating a wind chime. Yeah, thanks guys. >=( (Razz)
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:Soo cute Fate! I really want to get a caged animal, and I've been thinking of getting a small rat...but I admit I know next to nothing about caring for rats!
Oh, awesome. ^_^ Well I hope you enjoy whatever you might end up getting! Rats aren't like other caged animals, since they are smart enough to learn their names and words (especially "treats!" with mine lol), and can even be taught to do tricks if you work with them enough. Everything I learned about rats I learned from Goosemoose in their rat forums - http://www.goosemoose.com/rfc/ I highly recommend just browsing through topics there. People even hand make and sell items for rat cages there that you can buy (in the Pack Rat section).

lol I wish, Dreamless Days. It would be epic having a Houndour as a pet. But your kitty is absolutely precious! haha His adorableness coupled with the fact that you sing The Lion King song to him equals pure amazingness.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks for the link! I am most familiar with lizards, but I really wanted something with a bit more interaction. I really don't like any other rodents (hamsters, rabbits, etc...) and I definitely don't want fish/snakes/frogs. Like you said, rats are really smart and can be very sweet. I was also thinking about getting a bird, but between a rat and a bird I feel more comfortable with the idea of getting a rat. I am not familiar with a bird's body language and such.

It's not something I'll be able to do right now, as Silvone may be going on strike soon, so we can't be spending right now (getting all of the basic supplies for the rat is going to cost us at least 100 bucks, I would think). Hopefully we don't go on strike and I can start looking more seriously.

To remain on topic, here is a picture of Sadie pup.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:03 pm

This is Lassie, a Border Collie/Sheltie mix.

She is quite lazy, and loves to lie around everywhere.

Although she's brilliant, she's incredibly insane, and will often get very excited and do something random for no reason. For instance, clapping will get her to stand up and run up to you and sniff up your pant leg, whereas tapping your foot will cause her to do the exact same thing.

Also she's a rescue, so anything tossed around her will cause her to freak out. Even socks Smile So we like to make it rain socks around her to show off her neurosis. She hates it when we do that.

Finally, she's got an exceptionally good nose and will often try to steal groceries. When we use the grill to cook something, she will always be found outside, "guarding" the food.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:Thanks for the link! I am most familiar with lizards, but I really wanted something with a bit more interaction. I really don't like any other rodents (hamsters, rabbits, etc...) and I definitely don't want fish/snakes/frogs. Like you said, rats are really smart and can be very sweet. I was also thinking about getting a bird, but between a rat and a bird I feel more comfortable with the idea of getting a rat. I am not familiar with a bird's body language and such.

It's not something I'll be able to do right now, as Silvone may be going on strike soon, so we can't be spending right now (getting all of the basic supplies for the rat is going to cost us at least 100 bucks, I would think). Hopefully we don't go on strike and I can start looking more seriously.

To remain on topic, here is a picture of Sadie pup.
Sure thing! Oh, nice. I've never owned a lizard before, but I'm always been interested in them and snakes. (I would own a snake if A) I didn't need to feed it animals - dead or alive, B) it didn't get so big that I'd need a massive tank, C) I wouldn't be afraid of it eating me LOL.) I can definitely say though that other rodents don't make for the most exciting or rewarding pets. I owned guinea pigs, hamsters, and a rabbit growing up, and they really couldn't care less about you. It's a lot different with a rat.

If you do decide to get a rat though, I HIGHLY recommend getting one from a breeder. I owned 7 rats, and only my latest one came from a breeder. I loved my previous rats, and they each had distinct personalities of their own and could be big sweethearts, but they never really warmed up to being held or running around outside their cage like Sky does for me, and that's because breeders spend time socializing with their rats as soon as they're born, so they get used to humans and being handled immediately. You can find breeders in your area by looking in the Adoption Center forum or by making a post in there saying you're searching.

Anyway! Smile

Sadie is a gorgeous dog. I'm so envious. I would love a dog like her someday. I've never owned a big dog, but I want one so badly.

Count wrote:This is Lassie, a Border Collie/Sheltie mix.

She is quite lazy, and loves to lie around everywhere.

Although she's brilliant, she's incredibly insane, and will often get very excited and do something random for no reason. For instance, clapping will get her to stand up and run up to you and sniff up your pant leg, whereas tapping your foot will cause her to do the exact same thing.

Also she's a rescue, so anything tossed around her will cause her to freak out. Even socks Smile So we like to make it rain socks around her to show off her neurosis. She hates it when we do that.

Finally, she's got an exceptionally good nose and will often try to steal groceries. When we use the grill to cook something, she will always be found outside, "guarding" the food.
Wow, what a lovely Collie! I've always heard Collies are smart dogs. (My coworker from my previous job was always telling me about hers.) That's funny though that she can be random like that. She sounds like a fun dog! Very Happy

Here's a picture I just took of Curious, Axiom's mom's cat. She is a fatty and will eat pretty much any type of food. You cannot leave food unguarded around her, otherwise she'll eat it. She's also relentless when you're eating something, in that she'll keep trying to get to the food. I've never seen a cat so interested in food before her!

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 CuriousSillyEDITsmall
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Sad Unfortunately there are no breeders in my area, at least none through that site or another one that showed a collection of breeders in California. It makes perfect sense that breeder rats would be more social with humans than a pet store rat. I'll have to keep looking. I also need to convince Silvone to let me do this Smile Pets are a lot of responsibility, and it's been a while since I had to care for a caged pet.

Sadie grew up to be quite a beautiful dog, with a temperment perfect for small children. Large dogs are so wonderful. You can train them very distinctly, or do like I do and raise them as "one of the pack". I'm sure some can do both, but I've never been one to want my dog to do silly things. I only train them enough to know where to go potty, how they should act around people, and what they are/aren't allowed to do to the house. LOL.

Count, Lassie looks just like a dog I had named Recees. Except, he was very hyper haha.

Curious is such a cute cat. That's a nice picture. She's not as fat as some other cats I know XD
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:Wow, what a lovely Collie! I've always heard Collies are smart dogs. (My coworker from my previous job was always telling me about hers.) That's funny though that she can be random like that. She sounds like a fun dog! Very Happy
Border Collie, Fate. They are the smartest dogs out there right now, you know Smile As opposed to the Afghan Hound, which is nice but extremely derpy/ditzy. Extremely. They're adorable, though, and if you're willing to put up with them they can be excellent pets.

Border Collie study involving Chaser. Our dog is not nearly that smart, but she knows the names of the entire family. We used her last year to find my sister on Halloween, lol.

>Cat

D'aaaawwwwww! That cat is seriously adorable. I love how s/he's in the same position as Lassie.

>Sadie

Black labs are one of my favorite breeds...besides border collies, of course Wink They're very smart and sweet, and quite soft. It's nice to see that you aren't having any problems; may this continue in future.

>It would be epic having a Houndour as a pet.

Seconded. Although having an Arcanine or Dodrio for a pet might trump that. Miss the bus? No problem! Very Happy Just hop on his back!

Last edited by Count on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:03 pm

She's a flat coated retriever, actually Smile

I remember reading about that study. Very interesting!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Right after my parents and brother moved to New Mexico (this past Monday), they drove up to Colorado to a breeder to get a dog that my mom had picked out before they moved. (They used to have a Yorkie, but she died about a year ago.) She's a Havanese named Lola. The cat was actually mine that I got for a Christmas present 11 or so years ago from my Uncle, but my parents kept her. I can't wait to visit their new home and see their dog. Smile I guess she's really sweet and loves attention and is just the happiest dog. My dad said he's never seen a happier dog before.

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 Photo1
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 Photo3
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 Photo4
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:49 am

At the end of next month, Axiom and I will be getting a Miniature Goldendoodle from a breeder, and we are really excited about it! We will be getting a female, and we already have a named picked out - Penny (because of her coppery/reddish coloring that she has from her parents). Her litter was just born a couple weekends ago, and the breeder just posted pictures on their website! Here they are: http://www.whisperingkennel.com/Mandy.html

Also... O_O
http://omfgdogs.com
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 pm

After my roommates and I lost our cat Cheerio to a blood clot, I adopted this little sweetheart from a local vet tech who fosters and places stray cats and dogs. I've been racking my brain for a name, since I simply cannot spend the next 15+ years calling her "Peaches" like the foster family. Then I thought, who better to ask for naming advice than the lovely community of FoG? First! Here's the nameless little fuzzball (Sorry, not the best quality pictures from my iPhone):

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 32038910

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 15032310

And here are the names currently in the running. I was on an "N" name kick, plus a friend suggested another one that would work. Right now the possibilities are Nova, Ember, Nyla, and Narisa. The pictures don't do them justice, but her eyes are actually quite striking. The foster lady said they reminded her of starbursts around the pupils, hence "Nova," and then the name "Ember" invoked themes of fire. "Nyla" is after a bobcat I helped care for during my summer job before grad school, and "Narisa" is after one of my RP characters.

I'd love to hear some thoughts/ideas/suggestions! We all create and name characters on a regular basis, so now we just need some of that genius for naming this kitty!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:31 am

As an Avatard, I was instantly drawn to "Nyla" (the name of June the Bounty Hunter's shirshu), but I also like "Nova" and "Ember." Hm... This is tough... I think my favorites are Nyla and Ember. I think it's because of the Avatard thing. It's so sad. XD

Have you tried speaking the names to her one at a time to see if she reacts to any of them? That's how my sixth grade science teacher named her adorable dog.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:18 am

I also like Nyla and Ember, though when I say Ember out loud it doesn't seem to bring to mind the adorable little kitten shown above Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Your kitten is adorable!

I personally like Nyla the best. It has a nice ring to it! But Nova is also a good name.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Thank you all so much for the advice and suggestions! Kathryn, I have tried the names out on her and spoken them aloud, and she actually came to me when I called her Nyla. Also, it's easy to say, so I think that name has stuck!

She has actually lived up a bit the bobcat that was her namesake. She was more vocal last night than I would have expected, much like the bobcat, and I'm running on very little sleep today as a result. Luckily, she's doing a lot better with the crying and isn't clinging to me constantly. Also, she's got a bobcat's knack for disappearing Razz I came back after running out to get lunch and couldn't find her. After looking for about 10 minutes and starting to panic, I saw her tail sticking out from inside one of the old armchairs in the spare room. She had been sleeping there the whole time! What a goofball!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 pm

That's awesome! I'm glad that we could help you come to a decision with a name, and I'm glad she's responding so well to it! Animals know what they want to be called. =D

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:52 pm

I remember when one of my cats used to disappear. She never seemed to care that I worried over her disappearances either. Oh well. I still love her dearly. Unfortunately, I don't have any recent pictures of my cats. Just my puppy.

His name is Wall-E (after the Pixar movie), and I think he has the cutest face.

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 P1010815_zps1f6d9c83

He isn't terribly fond of wearing clothes or boots. But the winter gets awfully cold, and I feel better about sending him into the great outdoors with a jacket. Thankfully it's still nice outside; the cold is coming, though.

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 10 IMG_2574_zps5fd9c8c6
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Aww, he's cute!!! I can't believe I didn't see this until now! Bad OOC moderator, bad >.<

So, no pictures yet, but I finally took the plunge and invested in rats. I got two girls...unfortunately from a pet store (there are no breeders in town). I'm in love already. I've cared for cats, dogs, hamsters, fish, lizards, snakes and even a spider...rats are already my favorite pet of all time. Though you should probably ask me again when I've cleaned the cage for the first time XD
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Syrena, I feel bad for missing this, too. I thought I had it so it would send me email notifications whenever a new post was made, but it didn't.

Anyway, Wall-E is extremely cute! What breed is he? I love his little face!

Gadreille, we need some updated pictures of Sadie and Cornflower, and I'm sure FoG would love to be graced with images of Arry and Sansa.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Oh dear. I have some work to do lol. I want to get pictures of everyone with the good camera!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10