FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaian FOGgers!

+6
Kathryn Lacey
Eternity
Lara
Fluff
Fate Flyer
vitamin_kitten
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gaian FOGgers! Empty Gaian FOGgers!

Post by vitamin_kitten Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:10 am

I don't even know if "FOGgers" is the appropriate term, but I'm using it anyway.

It seems like there are alot of Gaians here, so I thought it would be interesting to see just how many, precisely, and, I don't know, maybe discuss our favorite haunts around there. Or something. Very Happy

Last edited by vitamin_kitten on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Gaian FOGgers! Empty Re: Gaian FOGgers!

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:16 am

I like FOGers! ^^

I am Fate Foretold on Gaia as well, though I just advertise there. XD It's a cute little game though. I like the idea of dressing your avatar.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:20 am

Yeah, that's pretty much what got me to stick around there. Smile Plus, now I'm getting really obnoxious about hoarding all my gold too. I have way too much and I have no idea what to spend it on. 8D;
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:46 am

Oh my god, gaia?

*swallows hard* I'll play nice...
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:13 am

I'm Puppa on Gaia, as I've mentioned a few times already.

I can't say I haunt too many places. Mainly, I just hang around the LRPG, stalking the roleplay I'm in to see if anyone's posted since I last checked it. If not that, then I occasionally peek at another guild I'm in, but that's just if I have new books to add to the list I've created there. Aside from that, the only places I go on the forum are the gaming section, the anime/manga section, and the writer's forum (though these days, it's more browsing-out-of-boredom than actively participating).

I find that by browsing the writer's forum long enough, I get inspired to start writing again. It's kinda crazy.

When it comes to items, I hardly ever buy anything these days since I like my avatar. However, I did buy one of those cute little dragons that just came in on the marketplace. Naturally, the price has already dropped by half, but I'm still happy about it 'cause it's adorable.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:28 am

I have a GaiaOnline account, but I haven't used it.
In...

an eternity...

XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Ha, i c wut u did thar, Eternity, i c wut u did thar. 8D
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm Kathryn Lacey on Gaia as I am here.

I used to role play on Gaia because I couldn't find anywhere better, but Gaia isn't really that great a place in which to play. I had been a part of The Literate Role Play Guild, but I quit when I became a part of FoG.

Now I only go there to earn gold to dress my avatar. I do the Daily Chances and the Aquarium and the Marketplace stuff. I never have to buy fish because I get them through the Daily Chance, and I keep from using them all by only putting four in my tank at one time. It's a good system.

Right now my avatar is still dressed for the Prom event because I can't think of what to do with her for summer, but I'm sure I'll think of something for the summer event. I don't mind her prom attire, though, because it looks fabulous. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:49 pm

xSPiiLL3D CANVASx

:3

I still RP on there.
I'm fairly active on both of these sites actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Aw, Anaris. <3 *miss*

I updated my avatar today! Aww

Gaian FOGgers! GaiaFateTransparent
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Ooh, Fate, that's such a pretty avatar!

I'm so fond of mine that I haven't updated it in ages. XD

Gaian FOGgers! Ara
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:08 pm

Thanks! ^^

Oh, nice!! Your avatar is amazing, Lara. Very Happy I *LOVE* the dragon!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Smile Thanks, I love him too.

I'd love him more if his price hadn't gone down so drastically since I bought him, but I still do~.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:34 pm

I think everyone's ventured onto Gaia at one point in their life, lol. It was the place I first started role-playing actually.

I'm LunarScorpio on there too. I have maybe one role-play there, but it's also a good place to advertise it seems, hehe.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:17 pm

hahah I'm with you, Lara. I haven't updated my Avatar since the Prom event. I really like the peacock masquerade theme I have going. I do sort of want a summery avatar, but I have no idea what to do with her to acheive something summery and attractive. It's very rare that I hit a good mark with my avatars because I have very little style myself. XD

The Image Code isn't working

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:46 pm

I saw your avatar too, Kathryn, and it's also really cool. Smile I love the peacock look for her. It's pretty neat what you can do with your avatars there. ^^ *feels girly*
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:49 pm

I'm RyonaNoel on Gaia.

I role play on there, and will most likely quit in time, but I don't want to abandon my current role plays.

Gaian FOGgers! 3bfec6a07c65cf_flip
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:51 pm

I had two accounts on Gaia. One started out as just a storage guy, but then I started using him as my "general, hang around and be useless" account while the other was my "writing for contests and RPing" guy.

Gaian FOGgers! FAFT This is Weiss, the latter of aforementioned accounts, and yes, it is a guy. Long story behind that one... Oh, but the fun I had... [Sighs reminiscently.]

Gaian FOGgers! KuraiNero Nero, the other guy...

Yeah, I had a lot of stuff, some of it quite pricey, but a lot of that was just stuff I borrowed/received from a friend on there named PKingSora, since he's an artist and is, consequently, rich in Gaia terms. [Mutters about underappreciated literature and overappreciated visual art.]

Anyway, I don't get on there anymore because I got tired of the lack of good roleplay and the fact that I could never motivate myself to write anything half-decent for the contests because the concepts were always dull. I might start recollecting items if I had any particular motivation for rejoining the Gaian world.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:53 pm

*nods*

That's a cool avatar you have as well, Ryona. I love that sort of dark fantasy look. Smile

Weiss, your characters are crazy awesome! XD It seems like a good amount of people are disappointed with the RPing there. I've never role-played on Gaia before, but I've sure seen my fair share of poor-quality RPs there. D:
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:00 pm

Jonathan is poor by Gaian standards, but he has a ton of pricey items that rich Gaian women with whom he role played gave him. If I was as good a role player as him, I would probably have a ton of awesome items, too.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:03 pm

If you could find anyone who cared about RPing enough to give you items for being awesome. I wish I'd thought of that... It's like... being an RP whore! Except in a good way...
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Nice dragon, Ryona! Wink

I'm not all that rich on Gaia, mostly because I used to give my money away all the time to one person I was friends with. I didn't really care much about items at the time, so I was like "why not?"

And for, like, three seconds, I was somewhat rich on Gaia a few weeks ago, because I had some sort of bone helmet that was worth, like, 90k. And then I used the money that I got from selling it to buy my dragon, which is now worth half that. ):

But it's not like I want anything else anyway, so it's all good.

I'm in a really awesome roleplay, actually, in the LRPG~. It's called Butterflies, it's the only roleplay I'm active in on there, and once that's gone I don't know for sure if I'll end up joining any others. But we'll see.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:08 pm

I'm with Ryona. I'm probably going to move my main RP over here and have it mature a lot more naturally than having to deal with the crap on Gaia. I don't get why some of the people that run those guilds think their guild is the hottest thing in the world.

So I guess I will hopefully become much more active on this website.

I think it's safe to say that anyone that reads my following comment that is a Gaia RPer will agree with it: having your fun or entertainment restricted in any way is complete and utter bullshit.

I'm from The Literate Roleplaying Guild on Gaia. That guild claims to be the best. They are the best at having the largest group of ass kissers and pissed off people in one guild. 98% of their member base are inactive. I'm beginning to believe that there is a clear and decisive reason why that is the case.

Anyways, do look for my Tales of Riv'nar in the Advanced Roleplaying forum in the next week or so. I might transfer it over here so it can survive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Nice, Tkwiget! Smile (I'm happy to see you over here, as your name was one of the ones I kept coming across in The Literate Guild, and I enjoyed reading your posts. ^^)

That's really too bad about that guild you are in. I know what that's like though, having come from a couple of places now that have people like that. Well, you're probably right then as to why most of the members became inactive. Usually if something major is wrong with a place like that, it has a ripple effect, and everything else just comes crashing down.

Tales of Riv'nar sounds familiar... I may have clicked on that one there. XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:20 pm

I agree with you somewhat, but there really are some decent RPers in that guild. Some of them have already made their way over here, but not all of them. ):

Yeah, I was going to say that your roleplay sounded familiar, too.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 pm

The thread is still up. Things are moving slowly cause of everyone's real life and all. I just am worried that it will be swallowed up by the void of bullshit that circles the drain in that guild.

I've been in many different communities over my days of being on the internet. I've had to experience a lot of really power hungry assholes and bitches too. I believe that FOG will not be one of those places. Actually I find it hard to believe that it ever will from what I've seen. Laid back, relaxed, and no bullshit rules to worry about.

I can see where the thought was placed when you made this community Fate Foretold. I really can. I also like how this website doesn't have a 5 second load up stalling time when I press F5 to refresh my FOG browser tab. I also like how there is no sloppy HTML coding too, unlike Gaia.

I suspect that this community will continue to grow much larger than it is today. Almost 250 members and lots of them are active each day. Sounds like a winner community to me.

I do have to say.. thanks for not having retarded rules and restrictions. Really.. have no idea how awesome that is. cheers

Ooo love the smilies!!!!!!!

-----

@Lara

Yes, there are some pretty cool RPs in the guild. it isn't the RPs that deter me from wanting to stay on Gaia. It's the people. An RP is only as enjoyable as the people in it and the people in the community. It's karma basically. It's really that simple. It's a guild that ignores reports of their own staff violating rules and treating regular members like dirt and their fellow crew members like royalty.

Look at their newsletter thread. It's full of ass kissing. That entire thread can be summed up very easily.

"We, the staff of The Literate Roleplaying Guild, are going to 'hire' additional crew members to do our job after months of whining about rule breakers."

Do you know what this boils down to? As Fate Foretold said, it will have a ripple effect. Each month the same problem doesn't get resolved and pretty soon they will do like they did a couple months ago and institute a higher sentence requirement of each person's posts. That plan of theirs didn't last very long so they changed it back to the original from what my memory recalls. End result, they will probably start banning people for breaking guild rules. I really do see them taking it that far.

Every community holds the seeds of it's own destruction. (Scorpion King-ish quote... kind of.. lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:43 pm

>.> <.< -conspiratorial whisper- I don't pay attention to the sentence requirements, anyway. I don't even know what they're at nowadays.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Hahaha. well that guild has one. The website in general doesn't, but Literate Roleplaying Guild does.

Just going to enjoy being here at this website and part of a worth while community.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:17 am

Well I guess you all already know I'm from Gaia. ^_^
I'm Kalon_Ordona_II on that site as well. I'm also mainly in the Literate Roleplaying Guild.

I think Fate found me from the Tales of Inari: Requiem Va'or role-play that I'm hosting. And just think, if she hadn't sent me an invite, I might never have known about this place. Already I seem to come here more than Gaia, just because I get a huge thrill being here with all you eliterate people. xD

I still think Gaia's pretty cool, though. The avatar really adds a charm, and they've even got a full-fledged MMO that you don't have to download. First one like that I've ever seen. It's more of an online hangout place than a forum.

Being here makes me realize how much I missed forums, though. A forum much like this was where I began my RP life. ^_^ Ahhh, the Mithril Knights of Evendim.... It was even dark-themed, like here, so I'm right at home. cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:45 am

Well I think a lot of people from Gaia that have had the same problems as I have will probably find this site their new RP home.

I guess I never really expressed my thanks for the invite. I don't think words can really address the feelings in the first place. I suppose I'm speechless. Headbang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum