FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donovan's Wall of Mediocre Art

2 posters

Go down

Donovan's Wall of Mediocre Art Empty Donovan''s Wall of Mediocre Art

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 6:00 pm

After one year in Art, I've found myself enjoying it quite a bit, and plan to continue it as a hobby. Here is an example of something I've done this year. More will probably added as time goes by.

Donovan's Wall of Mediocre Art GetAttachmentaspx
I found a smaller image online and blew it up to fill up a standard page to each corner. I then proceeded to designate appropriate places to be completely white or entirely black and gridded that paper into sixty-four squares, along with a canvas and drew in each individual square. After erasing the grid lines, I painted it in everything, and wallah, it looks like I freehand painted Frank Sinatra.

Back to top Go down

Donovan's Wall of Mediocre Art Empty Re: Donovan's Wall of Mediocre Art

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Clap First of all, congratulations on finding your pleasure and enjoyment with art! (That's actually harder than a lot of people think.)

That project of Frank Sinatra sounds like something similar to what I remember doing back in my high school art class. It's really a very fun thing to do! I hope you enjoyed making it, because it came out really well! I think that the black and white in given places that you chose really also helps to set that kind of classic feel and look to it as well. Great work!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 2:23 am

Thank you. The praise is most appreciated, and I'll be sure to try and not let it go to my head. (We'll see how that goes.) I do enjoy art, but to be honest, I'm more a fan of sketching. Painting I always found extremely dull, but that project I didn't mind too much. The steps used made it much less difficult and were easy to follow.

Anyways... I should have something up soon, but you never know. I'm finding myself pretty busy this week, so we'll see how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 27, 2009 7:54 am

You're very welcome. (Hehe, well we gotta let a few things get to our head every now and then.) I'm probably more like you too, preferring to sketch things. The only times I've painted, I believe, have been in school, but I'm glad that you at least enjoyed making this project.

Well, we'll be keeping an eye out!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty Unusual Thu May 28, 2009 10:49 am

It's really good Dono, I think it looks really good in black and white too because it gives it the old classic original look, and also Franks time.
You should totally do more I'd love to see more of your art.
All in all, brilliant job Dono
Pretty Unusual
Pretty Unusual
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down