FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army of Shadows: an RP of the French Resistance?

4 posters

Go down

Army of Shadows: an RP of the French Resistance? Empty Army of Shadows: an RP of the French Resistance?

Post by Saint Michel Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:05 pm

Army of Shadows

Army of Shadows: an RP of the French Resistance? Army%20of%20shadows

It's France, May 1944. While Allied armies gather over the horizon, France groans under the increasingly harsh German occupation. The country is rapidly dissolving into a war zone as ordinary men, women, and children take up the struggle to free their country from Nazi rule. Aided by Allied spies and covert operatives, these Resistance fighters face the full might of the German war machine as it seeks to wipe out the last glimmers of defiance.

Many live double lives, for as they seek to undermine the German war machine they chance discovery by their occupiers or betrayal by those they thought friends. Should they be captured they know their fate will be one of imprisonment, torture, and even death -- and yet there are still those willing to risk everything for a cause greater than themselves.

Theirs is an incredible story; one of bravery, violence, fear, and secrecy. It is a tale of common people and uncommon valor, and it is a story that deserves to be told.

Army of Shadows: an RP of the French Resistance? 3853475

All right, that's my pitch. My idea is for an RP set on the eve of the D-Day landings in Normandy, when the Allied Supreme Headquarters called on the French Resistance to play its part in preparing for the coming battle. This army of shadows blew up bridges, derailed trains, cut telephone wires, provided valuable intelligence, and succeeded in distracting and tying up large numbers of German troops that were needed to defeat the Allied landings.

Characters in this RP would play as members of the French Resistance, Allied operatives of the SOE and OSS, or Germans seeking to put down the Resistance. People who are up to it would be more than welcome to have more than one character.

So anyone interested?
Saint Michel
Saint Michel
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Army of Shadows: an RP of the French Resistance? Empty Re: Army of Shadows: an RP of the French Resistance?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:19 pm

I love and own the movie "L'armée des ombres" (Army of Shadows) and will HAPPILY play in this. I also own several books detailing the history of the Resistance, as much was possible. Primarily stuff on the Jedburghs, but also some other stuff on tradecraft. This will make a hell of an RP. Very Happy

Last edited by Heyseuss on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Army of Shadows: an RP of the French Resistance? Empty Re: Army of Shadows: an RP of the French Resistance?

Post by Twoface_ecafowT Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:22 pm

I would also love to take part in this. I'm on a history kick right now (mostly due to Heysseus XD) and this seems like a really interesting slice of history. I'm not completely familiar with the movement, but I've already started doing research.
Twoface_ecafowT
Twoface_ecafowT
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Yeah, this has me stoked like you can't believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Michel Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:25 pm

Awesome! I'm glad to hear ppl are interested in this!
Saint Michel
Saint Michel
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:39 am

Yeah, I can bang out a character pretty quickly. I'm definitely down for playing an old aristocratic maquis, the sort of old-line conservative that held his long, pointy nose while working with the communists.

Dead sons, distressed wife, axe to grind. Well, maybe one son still alive. All the more reason to fight hard, non?

Back to top Go down

Post by W. R. Prescott Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:05 am

I'm incredibly interested. A farmer's son whose family was killed and farm burned...Violent and fiercely anti-German...perhaps a Communist. Yes, I like this idea, and I'd be very interested.
W. R. Prescott
W. R. Prescott
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rittermeister Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Pal, if you're still working on this, I would love to play a German and/or SOE officer. Although, expect me to be my usual Francophobe self.
Rittermeister
Rittermeister
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Michel Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:08 am

Yea, I'm reluctant to call this dead because I DO want to work on it, I've just been very busy and haven't had much time to devote to a significant post. If you want to inject some life into this with a character of your own, by all means go ahead!
Saint Michel
Saint Michel
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down