FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter: Kalon Ordona II

+5
Fate Flyer
Shades Of Gray
Kaislynn
Lara
Kalon Ordona II
9 posters

Go down

Enter: Kalon Ordona II Empty Enter: Kalon Ordona II

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:48 pm

*fanfare*

... Hm, that won't do.

~~~:::: * F A N F A R E * ::::~~~

That's better. n_n

Greetings, everyone! And a big thank-you to Fate Foretold for the invitation!

Literate Roleplaying is something I've been in love with ever since the days of Middle-earth Online (before Turbine took over and made Lord of the Rings Online). Long after MEO was no more, I ended up taking a reluctant hiatus from role-playing, since the kinship I was in turned to other games and role-played less and less.

Then, about a year and a half ago, I discovered GaiaOnline.com, and returned full-force to take the world of role-play by storm! xD Since then, naturally, I've been role-playing like crazy, mostly in (surprise surprise) the Literate Roleplaying Guild.

Now, thanks to Fate (what a beautiful pun!), I find myself here, at the most literate of literate role-playing spots I've ever come across. With all this on top of my artwork to distract me, no wonder my novel hasn't seen the light of day! Homework

Well, that's my introduction. ,,v. n_n .v,,
Questions, comments, random chatter, all welcome.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Enter: Kalon Ordona II Empty Re: Enter: Kalon Ordona II

Post by Lara Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Welcome to FOG, Kalon! Hope you enjoy your stay here. Smile

Woah hay, Literate Roleplaying Guild? I'm in that guild, too! What's your username?

You're writing a novel? How neat~.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Welcome to FoG!

*hands a welcome cookie*

Very Happy welcome to the other literacy site Very Happy
enjoy it and I'll see you around the boards
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:01 pm

Hey there, Kalon, welcome to FOG! I got rather excited seeing that you're from 'around Seattle', lol, so am I. I'm always pleased to see a fellow Washingtonian!! Cudos on the novel writing! (Another trate we've got in common Wink ) and I hope you find yourself with epic distraction here... in the best of ways! If you've got any questions, feel free to ask myself or any of the other staff memebers, we're more than pleased to help.
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:00 pm

Welcome, Kalon! I'm glad to see you here. Smile

I didn't even realize that there was a Middle-earth Online. So Lord of the Rings Online took over that? See, I just have played LOTRO. I did enjoy it though, for the most part. (It just required more time and devotion than I saw I could lend, so I ended up quitting.) Oh, but yay for Lord of the Rings! Very Happy

I also noticed (like Shades) that you are around Seattle. My fiance (onenitedrive here) and I plan on moving up that way in a little over a year! We're currently in Chicago. I hope that we move to Bellevue, but I have no idea what's ultimately going to happen yet.

Well, welcome aboard, and enjoy yourself here!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Since some of you seem to know the Seattle-ish area: where I live is close to the border between King County and Pierce County. This would be in Milton, which is next to Edgewood and Fife. More people know of Seattle than Milton. =P

As for my novel, I just can't seem to discipline myself to write a little every day, so it turns out that nothing happens at all. But I role-play a lot, so I don't know what my problem is. =P

On a tangent of that... I like to use role-plays to practice not only my writing but using elements of my world. Since this place is so very literate, I'm planning to exercise my elf and dragon languages.

@ Lara:
My Gaia username is the same as this one. I did that on purpose, to avoid confusion. ^^ Kalon_Ordona_II. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:38 pm

Kalon, I understand your situation perfectly. I'm in the same boat. Novel, don't seem to work on it often, roleplay all the time.

Welcome to FOG
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:44 pm

Ooh, I know what you mean about the 'writing a bit each day' thing. I can't do it either, so don't worry. -pats- I can rarely write on my own these days outside of roleplays, but when I'm with a friend, the inspiration flows like no other. Maybe you just need to find your source of inspiration?

And oh, that's your username too? Haha, should have guessed. But that's too bad; I don't recognize it, so we probably haven't roleplayed together. I go by "Puppa".
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:11 pm

Kalon: Wow, you're actually rather close. I'm currently in University Place. I was an EMT for Everett for a number of years, then a paramedic for Seattle for a couple more, and moved South to Pierce County to get away from some things. Crazy world, lol, I'm used to seeing people more on the East Coast, and for a while when we had a map to pin-point where all the members were, I felt all alone over here. XD So hello neighbor!!

And getting yourself to sit down and write isn't easy, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been meaning to finish two books for the last several years.. and for a while I was able to blame work, with it being so crazy and it's only been recently that I started RPing again. Now I feel myself drifting out of it, and I'm trying to make it not so! I think I just need a good, epic, fantasy theme or something... rabbit
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:09 am

Yeah. Again, since I'm using RPs as an excuse anyways, I'm trying to at least use it to my advantage by experimenting with elements of my world.

@ Shades of Grey:
I frequent Federal Way. Ever go there? I doubt either of us are stalkers. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:17 am

lol, yeah, on the occation I do, but not very often. Mostly just to drive through or something of that sort.
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:59 am

Welcome, Kalon.

I play on Gaia, too, but I only do it for the paper-doll-fun. I role played there for a short time- I even met my current lover through that site, but I found that even in The Literate Roleplay Guild, people weren't very literate, so I ceased to role play there.

Fate has created a beautiful board for truly literate players, so I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:12 pm

Yes, I quickly began to marvel at the level of literacy over here. I'm in a few other literate guilds, and some of them are quite good, but I think I like the atmosphere here much better. It's like a collection of the elite. ^^

I'll be watching you all, by the way (all in fun, of course). In much of the RPing I've been in, the players would be quite literate, but they would make stupid mistakes in spelling and punctuation sometimes. They'd spell hard words right, and still get the easy words wrong. And then of course there are those homophones and idioms like... "peaked" instead of "piqued." (Although that one is a little more rare and more easily forgivable.)

I think my biggest pet peeve is when "different than" is used instead of "different from." So many people do it that I figure it's the perfect thing for me to pick for my #1 annoyance. :medievalfight: Except in dialogue. Dialogue is fine because it's the character talking and not the writer.

So be sure to pick on me if I make a dumb mistake like that in a Role-Play. ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:37 am

This is to celebrate ME, getting 1337 posts!! cheers

I really didn't know where to put this. I suppose I could have put it into the Celebration Thread... but I feel a little narcissistic right now, so... hopefully here is good. Laughing
Plus this is a good way for people to look back on my introduction and go "Whoa, our Kally, way back then... *sniff*" and things. Razz

So with no further ado...
BEHOLD!! ----------------->Enter: Kalon Ordona II Fogkalon1337posts
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Your 1337 avatar doesn't have eyes. ^o_o^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:47 pm

He's happy. ^^ I altered the image for the occasion. Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:28 am

I figured that was the case. It just looked really creepy for a moment. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:54 am

2,000th POST, FTW!! cheers

*ahem* I mean...

2,000th POST!!!!
2,000th POST!!!!
2,000th POST!!!!
2,000th POST!!!!
2,000th POST!!!!
2,000th POST!!!!
2,000th POST!!!!
2,000th POST!!!!
2,000th POST!!!!

HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!
HUZZAH!!

2,000th post! Huzzah for me! Aww

Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven cheers cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Congrats! Huzzah! Well done! *raises glass* Here's a toast to 2000 more!

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Do work, buddy! Headbang

*Eagerly awaits the first 9,001st post.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down