FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween 2012

3 posters

Go down

Halloween 2012 Empty Halloween 2012

Post by Gadreille Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:43 pm

So, I am a bit late on the Halloween festivities, but I was feeling it today!

Yesterday we FINALLY got the house decorated. It looks pretty cool. We're going to be playing scary movies on a projector out of my garage. We'll probably start with something kid friendly, then move on to a classic (Night of the Living Dead), and finish with something a bit more graphic...not sure what yet. Maybe The Walking Dead?

I dressed up a little bit today, which the kids loved. I have my "Candy Witch Co" shirt with a green eyed black kitty, and a pretty head piece that Taeo says makes me look like someone from "Clue". We're going to be carving a giant pumpkin today.

Tomorrow I'm going to wear my "Creature of the Night" shirt that also has a black cat on it...and we'll be making biscuit owls.

On wednesday everyone will be dressing up and I'll finally be able to wear my costume. Hopefully I'll get a decent picture. I wanted to do a photoshoot this weekend but it didn't happen Sad

Pictures: (Edit: More pictures)
Spoiler:

What are you all up to? Costumes, celebrations, plans?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Halloween 2012 Empty Re: Halloween 2012

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:22 am

OMG! Halloween! It's the best evar!!!

Anyway, I really don't have any plans... I guess we're going to give small children candy... or rather... Jonathan is going to do that because I'll be at work.

However, all this week at work, we're allowed to dress up. I decided that I'm only going to dress up three of the days because I didn't work Monday, and after Wednesday, it's no longer October. On Sunday, I dressed as a Starfleet Officer from Star Trek. I'm going with communications because I'm just not cut out for engineering... Maybe I could be one of the expendable characters!

Today, I'm going to reuse my Middle Earth elf costume from a few years ago. I got rid of the tarnish from my circlet today, and my elf ear tips are still good, so yay!

Tomorrow, I'm going to dress as Elle Driver (a.k.a. California Mountain Snake) from Kill Bill, Volume 1. I finished the eye patch yesterday and got the button sewed back onto it, so I should be good. Also, I have dress tape to make sure my breasts stay INSIDE the dress. ^^_^^

I've already tested it, and thankfully, it doesn't irritate my skin. I was worried because there are some things that do... like that rubbery stuff on the inside of thigh-high nylons to keep them up. I'm super allergic to that crap, and it leaves really painful welts wherever it touches my skin if I wear them for more than like... half an hour.

Other than that, I have no plans. I do want to try to convince Jonathan to take me to Fear Factory on Friday or Saturday since those will be the last days for it, and I haven't gone to a single haunted house this year. I don't know if he'll take me, but I want to go. Maybe I can just tag along with my co-worker, Mindi. She mentioned it. I just don't want to be a third wheel. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:03 pm

My friend and I went through a corn maze last week, and then we carved pumpkins! Then the other day, I went to a Halloween party hosted by my sorority and another organization for the band, where I dressed up as an archer. I haven't made an effort to dress up for Halloween in a while, so it was fun hunting for costume parts.

I was supposed to hang out with the same friend today, but thanks to Sandy my college visit got extended a few days, and I won't be home anymore. We were going to watch Halloween movies and bake cookies while handing out candy...and we were going to attempt to play Slender to see how far we got before getting too scared to keep going. XD

We can probably do all of that (minus handing out candy) once I'm home, so it still works out.

My pumpkin! (The symbol of the book series I'm working on with my co-author.)
Spoiler:
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Lara, that's so awesome! I love carving pumpkins, and yours is so tiny and adorable!

Do you have pictures of your costume? I love looking at others' costumes.

It's too bad that you won't be home to celebrate Halloween with your friend on Halloween, but it's a good thing that Halloween can last as long as you freakin' want, so you can celebrate later.

As for handing out candy, yesterday my boyfriend asked me, "Are you working tomorrow night?" To which I applied in the affirmative, and he proceeded to cheer happily, explaining it meant he wouldn't have to hand out candy to small children this year. hahah

What's the basic plot of the book series you're working on? I've heard you talk about it before, but I can't remember if you mentioned what it was about or just the fact that you're working on it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Lara I'm glad you made the best of your current situation. That pumpkin looks awesome! I am trying to get better at carving pumpkins but mine are still super simple.

Last night we played three seperate movies on the projector. We started with Corpse Bride, then Night of the Living Dead (Original), and finally finished with The Walking Dead Season 1 episode 1.

We got a LOT more traffic this year, and everyone was quite impressed with the display, whether it was the spiderweb creepy lighting, the bats, the giant pumpkin, or the movie playing out of the garage.

I scared a few people, but the best effect was me doing a creepy zombie walk behind the projector screen as the movie was playing. I just looked like a creepy shadow. It made people laugh, point, exclaim, and even scream. I don't have a picture of the effect yet, but as soon as I steal my dad's pictures I'll share it with you all.

Finally, here are a few pictures from the event:

Spoiler:

Again, I should be putting up a couple more pictures, but probably not until tomorrow.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Gadreille, I already told you this, but these pictures are amazing, and what you guys did for Halloween is superb. Taeo looks awesome, you pulled off your cosplay really well, and I want to be at your house on Halloween every year! hahahah

This year, I had three different days that I could dress up for work (we can dress up all week, but I only worked Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday), so I decided to wear three different costumes!

Sunday, October 28th, 2012:

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012:

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012:

I had some customers who got to see all three of my costumes, and I got a lot of compliments. Mostly, people made fun of me for being a Starfleet officer, I was told I looked beautiful as an elf, and people were just really amused and excited about my being Elle Driver. It was a lot of fun!

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Kathryn...you make a hella hot Ellie Driver. I know you really liked dressing like an elf but...MAN, you wear that nurse outfit well. And the red lipstick? OMG!

So, today I finally did the "possessed Leah" make up...a bit of help from photoshop because I never acquired the white contact lenses.
Spoiler:
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:08 pm

hahah I had to wear an elastic corset-y thing. Off-brand Spanx maybe except it actually has boning. Anyway, yeah. A push-up bra helped, too. hahahah The things we do for vanity. =D One of my customers - who may become my co-worker was like, "So... Do customers ever... You know..." And he blatantly peered at my boobs before his eyes quickly darted back to my face. He seemed to be straining to keep his eyes above my neckline, honestly. I responded with, "You mean do customers realize I actually have a face?" hahah So glad I invested in that dress tape or last night could have been really unpleasant.

I did get hit on, though. I was helping a guy find Wolfman, and we were talking, and he was like, "So why Elle Driver? You don't really come across as a giant bitch." How little he knows me... XD No, really, I think my favorite villains tend to have a screw loose. Just look at Azula. Love her, and you need to cosplay as her some day, Gadreille... Seriously. :: drools ::

That is such an interesting contrast - seeing your avatar against the image you posted. It's awesome! I love your skills, and you work both the innocent and the demonic so well!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:22 am

I promise I'll cosplay Azula someday, Kathryn. Just for you!

Haha yea, I removed my outer corset thingy because I couldn't bend right in it. lol!

I like the way you said that, Kathryn. Leah really was a naive innocent...before the end... Muhaha I had a lot of fun doing the makeup, and the scratches came out a lot better than expected.

Ok, here are my last batch of pictures. I PROMISE I WILL STOP!

Spoiler:
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 am

Those are so cool! I wish I could have carved a pumpkin this year, but even if I had decided to do it and what to do for it, I wouldn't have had time because I worked like... every day for the week leading up to Halloween. Any carving before that would have been useless because the pumpkin would have been all mushy and deflated by Halloween.

I'm really not surprised that people ambushed your house. It is amazing, and you guys really worked it so well!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 am

I am really not good at pumpkin carving. I envy those who can do amazing relief carvings! Making something other than a jack of the lantern face was a huge accomplishment for me, haha!

Kathryn, I'm glad you're here with me, in this Halloween thread. You make me feel slightly less insane for being crazy about Halloween Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 am

Nope. You do the same for me. I just wish I had more to share, but my costumes tapped me out.

Also, I agree with you about pumpkin carving. A couple of years ago when I carved that Blue Spirit mask was pretty much the best thing I ever did, and I was shocked it turned out half as well as it did. I haven't carved anything since... =(

Blue Spirit Mask Pumpkin Carving from 10.16.2010:

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Love all the different carved pumpkins in this thread. =) And thanks for the compliments on mine. It's about time to throw it out, though; makes me sad.

Also, Kathryn - I love your different costumes! They all really do look great. I did laugh to see your "redshirt" costume though (mostly because my cousin dressed up as a Medic from Star Trek, after complaining to me how she wanted to go with the red uniform but didn't want to deal with the death jokes).

My Halloween costume was more a collection of odds and ends. The best I can offer picture-wise is this (as the photographer, there weren't many pictures taken of me)
Spoiler:

I found the cloak in our attic, and the shirt and belt at the thrift store. The most expensive part was a set of boot toppers that I...didn't end up wearing because I couldn't figure out how to put them on. XD

The series I'm working on is fantasy based, and follows the lives of a group of people who become known as "heroes" as they revolt against a genocidal, power-hungry dictator. (According to my co-writer...we don't really have the summary down yet. XD )

Gadreille, I love the pic of you doing the zombie walk! Looks super creepy.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:49 am

Lara, pumpkin art is great!

Honestly, if you've ever watched the original series, the first female officer you see die is a nurse, thus... wearing blue. The red shirt expendables are almost always men, and you never see a communications officer go down, so I decided I would tell people I specialized in communications. =D

I love your costume! I've always admired people who could just find stuff lying around and make a perfectly plausible, awesome costume out of it. It's sort of what I did with the Starfleet costume because I got that dress for my birthday a couple of years ago, soooo, it worked!

Hm... If/when you get published, please direct me toward your work so I may read it. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 am

True enough. That's a pretty clever way to combat all the jokes - "the scapegoats were all men!"

Yeah, I was pretty excited to find the shirt in particular, and then to find that it matched the color of the cloak almost perfectly. =) I had almost given up on the archer idea (I was going to switch gears and be a rogue of sorts) when mom found a bow and arrow set at the store for super cheap. It was great.

When it gets published, I'll definitely be going on about it. =) Though it probably won't be for a long while, at the rate I've been going. XD
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down