FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like A Fine Wine

5 posters

Go down

Like A Fine Wine Empty Like A Fine Wine

Post by Peccata-Mortalia Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. My real name is Jonathan, I have been roleplaying for about twelve years now. I started off in MSN before the free chats shutdown. After MSN closed I bounced around a good bit. I moved to MSN group forums, MSN group chats, eyechat, oasiz, and I am sure I have forgot a few other places. I have down any genre, setting, and storyline you can think of. Twelve years is a long time to do anything. I haven't played in a while though so I am sure that there is going to be a pretty rusty period so please bare with me.
Peccata-Mortalia
Peccata-Mortalia
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Like A Fine Wine Empty Re: Like A Fine Wine

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:34 am

Welcome to FoG, Jonathan! I'm glad you found your way to this site after so much searching! No worries about feeling rusty. FoG is great place to dust off the cobwebs and improve your writing. Feel free to jump into any role-plays that strike your fancy. We've got pretty much any genre you could want.

Enjoy your stay, and ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Welcome to FOG, Jonathon. This is a wonderful place to enjoy yourself, and improve your writing skills. Our members here are all friendly, and love to have new people to RP with. We all will offer help in any thing you need.

My name is Marc and I am one of the OOC Mods here, so if you need any help or have any questions feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will be glad to assist you.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Jonathan! cheers
Jon? Pecci? Mort? Afternoon? (PM, you know. xD)

However you like, this is definitely the place to be for quality role-play in quality company. Wink Man, MSN chatting takes me back. What sorts of role-plays did you get a chance to do over the years? Very Happy

I wonder if you were around for the LOTR role-playing craze while they were making what was to become LOTRO. :>

Anyways, do have a look 'round. There's a lot to take in and enjoy. If you have any question along the way, do feel free to ask! Right here in your intro thread is a good place, while we're getting to know you anyway. ^^

Welcome again, and happy writing! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccata-Mortalia Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Yeah I remember the LOTR craze. How many times did I see an elven archer? Some wayward, dark, and mysterious ranger? Oh those were the times. I have had the chance to do just about anything. I originally started in the teen sections. They called them "The Dens". Bunch of kids playing animals that could morph in and out whenever. I eventually found my way over to the roleplay and interest sections. Frostwind was probably the most popular there just because of its longevity. I never cared to much for it. I've done loads of medieval/fantasy. That tends to be the most popular. Modern fantasy, steam-punk, sci-fi, futuristic, 30s gangster and even western. Never got into the whole slave scene that enthralled most everyone on MSN for a while though. I have always preferred off the wall type ideas.

Although over the course of all of those there were the role-play versions of whatever was popular at the time (Terminator, Resident Evil, Doomsday, Firefly, and Underworld just to name a few). I never liked cannons but I did enjoy generalized storylines. I always felt a cannon was a cop-out. That's just my opinion though.
Peccata-Mortalia
Peccata-Mortalia
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:46 am

Yeah, canon is cheap and tough to work with. Much more fun to make your own stuff. ^^
Actually at one time there was a Firefly RP on here, but I don't know if it went anywhere.
There's an epic Mass Effect RP going on in the Advanced section, though. They're pretty far into it.

Yeah, the LOTR craze was when I started. Good times. ^^ Yeah, the brooding, smoking rangers and "what's this, a ______ caught of his guard" moments were all over the place. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Welcome to FoG! It'll be a great place to practice your writing skills and get back up to stuff (or is it snuff?). Ah, Colloquialisms. Anyway I totally agree that a direct cannon is a cop-out. That's the entire reason I will take a familiar setting (say Jurassic Park or an X-man setting) and then say that everyone has to make their original characters and make up a new plot to keep everything fresh. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. Enjoy your stay at FoG!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down