FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Here!

5 posters

Go down

New Here! Empty New Here!

Post by DreameMisakiCullen Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:07 am

Hi!
I'm DreameMisakiCullen, but you can call me Dreame or DMC. This is an alias I made up for myself, a name I use online instead of my real name, a certain way to identify myself.

So, I'm new here. I have a little experience in role playing, and was referred here by roleplaygateway.com. I have tried being a GM twice, but I found that I'm much better in others' RPs.

I'm twelve, and I love writing very much. I write stories and publish them online, for others to read. Check it out at quizazz.com. I am a grammar Nazi, and can't stand shoddy spelling. I scrapped text talk a long while ago, too. Because I read a lot of books, mostly stuff like Jodi Picoult or David Baldacci (not showing off here), my writing style is rather deep and adult-like, although most of my posts in an role play are short.

I love fantasy role plays very much, and also those that are slightly more psychological. I don't know what's it's like to play a male character, as all of my characters are female, mostly teenage girls. I like high school role plays too, but I'm not sure if they'll be found here. I love anime and manga very much, and am mostly infatuated with anything Japanese.

I get along with most people, and am truly looking forward to working others here. Very Happy

DreameMisakiCullen
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

New Here! Empty Re: New Here!

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Welcome to FoG, Dreame! First I just want to say that you have a very mature, well-spoken writing style for someone who's only 12. Kudos to you! I can't tell you how many times I've tried to decipher poor grammar/spelling/capitalization/punctuation in other forums dominated by young teens, and it made my eyes very sad... It's great that you're already in love with writing. Keep it up, and you can only get better!

Fantasy seems to be a very popular role-playing genre here, so I have no doubt you'll find something that strikes your fancy here before too long. In terms of post length, we do have minimum length requirements for all role-plays, so please check the forum rules. I would suggest starting in Casual Role-playing. We tend to have more role-plays in there anyway, and the minimum length is only two paragraphs of at least five sentences each.

I'm Silvan, one of the global mods, so please ask if you have any questions! Enjoy your stay at FoG!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Welcome to FoG, Dreame! Like Silvan said you have a very well spoken writing style for someone your age. Having a passion for writing at your age, is a wonderful thing. I hope we can all help you nurture your ability and also find you role-plays that you find enjoyable.

My name is Marc and I am one of the OOC Mods here, so if you need any help or have any questions feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will be glad to assist you.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:43 pm

It's actually at least ten sentences, organized into at least 2 paragraphs. A little more freedom for paragraph size. ^_^

Welcome to the FOG, Dreame! cheers
I confess to a certain apprehension when you mentioned you were 12, but it was definitely blown away by the writing quality. Somewhat rare to see in the younger people, so that's awesome. I should mention we allow up to an R rating for things here, so you might be exposed to stronger language and fictional situations every once in a while. It's nowhere near prevalent, but you could run across it, so just be aware. Smile

Looking forward to seeing more of your writing!
If you have any questions as you explore the site, do feel free to ask.

It's cool to hear someone so relatively young being rather well read. I shelve Picoult and Baldacci all the time at the library where I work. Haven't read them, but they're the kind of authors who have their own shelves, almost. xD

Anyway, see you around!
Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Yeah, I don't think your 12 from your writing style. Just sayin. (walka walka) /DBZ abridged joke. Welcome to FoG! If you are looking for a place to RP and improve your writing then you have come to the right place. Like Silvan said we have lots of fantasy RPs here as well as some other types that are pretty awesome. I usually stick to fantasy since that's what I am best at. Anyway if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your stay!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by DreameMisakiCullen Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:23 am

Thanks for replying, all of you!

Actually, I do have questions. How do you join a RP? Maybe, just PM the person who started it? If you could redirect me to a beginner's forum, that would be great.

Thanks again!

DreameMisakiCullen
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:32 am

Good question! If by "beginner's forum" you mean a more laid-back RP experience, you'll probably want to check out the Casual or Private RP sections first. Those sections have shorter length requirements, and Private is good if you just want a one-on-one RP. Each RP section (Casual, Advanced, and Private) is divided into three subsections: Interest Checks, OOC Discussions and IC Threads. Generally, when someone wants to start an RP, he/she posts an Interest Check. If that idea strikes your fancy, you reply to the Interest Check and say that you want to join. After the idea gets enough people, the GM posts an OOC thread, and everyone submits their character sheets there. If you didn't see the Interest Check but show interest in the OOC, the GM will almost always let you join as long as there's room and your character is approved. It's that simple!

For more questions, we have an Information link with all our forum rules at the top of the Home page, and of course keep asking questions here! I hope that helps!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum