FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings

+2
Sunwolf007
KethryMoondragon
6 posters

Go down

Greetings Empty Greetings

Post by KethryMoondragon Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Bright greetings to you all.

I am Kethry. Well that has been my online handle for a very long time. In fact it has been that for so long I answer to it in real life. Ever since Yahoo took away the user rooms and good RP has become hard to find I have been searching for a forum to join. My writing isn't world class but I do hold to a standard higher than "Swings punch. Connects, win!" *twitches*

I highly enjoy Para RP and miss indulging in long posts that cause the groups readers to draw fan art. (One of my characters has 3 pieces drawn of her. ^_^) My tastes range from mid-evil swords and magic to post apocalyptic settings. I am feeling the latter more lately. That could be because my main post apoc character is stalking about in my mind grumbling.

Anywho. I hope to find a story line one of my many characters can fit into. I am a college student and mother so my posting will be most likely done mid-day or very late night.

I am grateful to find a site like this.

Wind to your wings,

Keth

KethryMoondragon
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty Re: Greetings

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome to FoG! If you have come to improve your writing skills and be involved in awesome RPs than you have come to the right place. I understand about the post apocalyptic setting being in right now. I just recently started one. So what are you majoring in? I'm a history major who is about to graduate as long as I don't fail anything this semester. Anyway if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask and enjoy your stay!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Keth! cheers

You're definitely in the right spot for quality role-playing! Wink
Just dive right in. Very Happy We have a nice information area where you can see all the rules and guidelines, and beyond that everything is pretty much self-explanatory. We do OOC threads for all role-plays, and generally people start role-plays by making Interest Check threads.

Explore to your heart's content! There's a lot to do and see, so if you have any questions along the way, do feel free to ask. Very Happy Right here in your intro thread is a good place, while we're getting to know you anyway.

And, come to that, what sorts of things do you like? ^_^ Any favorite movies, books, authors, role-playing experiences?

Oh! Fun fact! The word 'medieval' is spelled the way it is because it's made up of medi- "middle" and -eval "age-ish". Razz It's basically "Middle Ages" in Latin. Pretty cool, huh? ^_^

Anyways, welcome again!
Happy writing, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Welcome to FoG, Kethry! You're definitely in the right place for high quality role-playing that definitely involves more than *swings a punch* Razz

We have plenty of medieval, fantasy, and post-apocalyptic role-plays around here, as well as pretty much any other genre you could imagine, so I'm sure you'll find something that sparks you interest in no time!

Best of luck with everything! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any of the staff! Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KethryMoondragon Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:28 pm

So many questions to answer.

First thank you so much for the warm welcome. I feel honored and relived to have found a place to explore the inner drive to create.

Sunwolf007, I am tossing up my major between IT and psychology. The first between I simply enjoy web page design (Not yet good at it) and the latter because the inner workings of the mind fascinate me to no end.

Kalon Ordona II, you ask a big question. I have troubles talking about myself, INTJ that I am. I shall give it a shot though. I enjoy anime and in fact my most celebrated character is a saiyan. I highly doubt there are any of those types of RPs here. If there are I am all over it.

When it comes to books my husband and I are true biblophiles. We have boxes of books coming out of our ears and more in storage and my mother's house. Chronicles of Amber, Valamar books, Dark Tower and the Anita Blake/Merry Gentry books are just a small sample.

My best Role Play experience has to be the ongoing world my husband and I have set up. It's our hobby. It's a mash of all our characters and their worlds. We call it simply OtherWorld. Beyond that the New Vegeatasei RP I was part of was a highlight of my online RP time. Besides the RP with my husband those was the best story line I have been part of. DBZ based RP normally draws the younger and less mature crowd but I managed to find really top level players.

Sorry about the mispelling. I have those from time to time. Things my spell check misses. The heck that is being dislexic.

SilvanArrow, thank the gods for real RP. *laughs* Not sure if anyone here ever was exspoded to the t1 and t2 RP styles on yahoo. If you were not count yourself lucky. Basiclly the person that typed the fastest won the battle. ;>>

I am sure I will have questions at some point. Just not yet.

Thank you all again for the lovely welcome.

KethryMoondragon
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Hello, Kethry. Welcome to FoG! Smile I'm Fayt, one of the Administrators here.

I like that you've gone by your username for so long that people even call you that in real life too. I'm the same way. ^^ (Well, I was Fate for a long time, but obviously pronounced the same lol.)

Your writing certainly doesn't have to be anywhere close to world class to fit in here, so long as you strive to achieve more than those twitch-worthy folks! There also are definitely a lot of people here interested in the two topics you mentioned, so I'm sure you shouldn't have much trouble finding role-playing partners.

I hope you enjoy yourself!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:19 am

Hi Kethry, and welcome to FoG. :]

I would ask questions, but it looks like they covered most of the bases.

I hope you enjoy it here at FoG, and judging from your standards I think you will. :]
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KethryMoondragon Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Fayt Fyre and xraineyesx thank you for adding your warm welcomes to all the others. I feel right at home here so far. Have yet to find a story line that draws me but I am sure I will. I really would like to join something just starting.

Because of college and kids I don't have the time to really read the old posts of a story already going. And I don't feel right posting on something I haven't read all of.

KethryMoondragon
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by KethryMoondragon Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Oh oh and could someone tell me if the site runs better on a browser besides google chrome? That is what I use and the site lags badly =/

KethryMoondragon
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:21 am

Works on Firefox just fine. ^_^
I thought it worked on the others, too. It's more likely individual computers than the way the site itself is set up. The tech admin Axiom Awaits spent a good deal of time optimizing it for all the main browsers, if memory serves. ^_^

We do have a couple other resident techies who might be able to figure out what's going wrong. Very Happy

Also, INTJ!! High Five
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down