FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Videos

4 posters

Go down

Videos Empty Videos

Post by Kaito Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:47 am

Okay I have no idea where exactly to put this, but it has to go somewhere so I'm just going to drop it off here.

Beware, our 1 week trip to the IDTF.

http://www.vimeo.com/5296761

I actually still have some footage left. Gotta do more videos. Twisted Evil

If you guys are interested I could also post some other videos.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Videos Empty Re: Videos

Post by Loki Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:17 am

Sweet videos man, I say post more! Thumbs Up
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:58 am

It's just one vid.

And as far as I know, you cannot watch videos from work, can you? Razz
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:38 am

WOW! That is incredible! It doesn't even seem humanly possible. Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Haha no, that's not even near the human limit.

You've clearly not seen as much of this as I have xD

For a start, you might want to go to youtube and have a look at "The World's best trickers" Vol. 1-3

And there's still even worse things than what is shown in there Very Happy

Uploading the most recent training session from monday right now.

And while we're at it: this is a video a local newspaper produced about us around two years ago. They wanted parkour so there's no flipping in there. (It's actually still on their website Very Happy )
www.youtube.com/watch?v=luXVJBlLLws
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:58 pm

I've seen some free running videos before, but man! This stuff makes me incredibly jealous, LOL! I wish I could do half the stuff you do! Now I'll have to check out the World's Best Trickers.

Which one is you, Kaito? Man, that is very, very cool! That's awesome that your local newspaper made that video too! It looks like your bodies are really relaxed and almost limp when you do these stunts. Does that help with doing them? You make it look so effortless!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:09 pm

LOL no.
It was the first week after summer vacation, two days after our gym finally opened up again. (gym as in gymnastics club, not weightlifting)

I thought I wouldn't be able to move a finger with my sore muscles when we filmed that video xD
that's why it looks limp.. it IS limp. xD

Otherwise, it's all about core strength, really. So, the exact opposite as 'being loose'. When you do a twisting sommersault, for example, you've got more force on your body than in a rollercauster, only that you need to produce all that force by yourself, then need to hold it, then release it in the right time again so you don't crash.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Lol aww really? Well, I wouldn't have guessed that!

That sounds really hard to me. How long did it take from training at the gym to learn to do those things?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:06 pm

We're training Parkour for four years, in the gym only around two to three years. It depends on your starting fitness, your coach / mates (the better they are, the faster you get better), your euqipment, your talent, etc etc.

I started when I was almost 18 and havn't done more than the occassional cycling or something before, so I havn't been very fit. There's many people better than us, but we're not too bad, I guess.. ;D

monday's training:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmzh4VJIur0&fmt=22
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:38 pm

Ah, I see. That makes sense. Nod So you've been doing it for about 3 years then? That's very good! It must be really exciting to know you can do all those things! Just think, when you're an old man someday, you can look back and show your grandkids these videos and say, "See!? I was young and talented once!" Laughing

That training video was cool! It's like a lot of practice doing it again and again. It seriously looks like you don't even have to try to do those flips! Lol ouch on the fall though! Aw, German is such an awesome language! ^__^

What I wonder is though, how did you get your body to first do a front of back flip? I'd be way too afraid to even try doing either! Do you just try it out on the mats, hoping you don't hurt yourself?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:11 am

Generally, for all of these 'over head' moves, it requires a lot to do them. Compared to parkour, which is basically how humans are supposed to be moving, this is extremely hard to learn and to master aswell.
First thing is to get conditioned; lots of strength training, flexibility, reflexes, ligaments, etc.
Then you need to get accustomed to the move; first step is to know how it works. Every move has a technique behind it, it's all physics you know Wink you don't just flip and twist by wanting it. So study the move, what are the important factors to it. Then try it under light conditions: a trampoline, into a pool, a spotter (someone who helps you with the move by supporting your body through it), etc. Until you feel comfortable you can do it without 'help'. Then just practise until it becomes second nature. Wink

The mats are mostly there to support sloppy landing; if you can't control a technique very good, yet (when you're still learning it, for example), you will have very sloppy landings, (The guy with the injured hand did try frontflips off one foot in that video, you can see that the first some landings are bad, and would hurt on normal floor) which will put heavy strain on your legs and ankles and will likely result in injuries. So until a technique isn't executed in a good way, you shouldn't do it on had surfaces.

And of course they protect from the occassional bail Razz
(BUT! anyone who wants to flip into a mat just thinking it will protect him is wrong. There's still danger for serious injury! You need to have a conditioned body AND know how to crash safely so you're safe!)

Blah blah this is all a bit specific, I wonder if it is very relevant for you guys.

Overall, should anyone here try this stuff, it's best to go to local experienced people and/or gymnastics classes.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:54 am

Ohh, wow, that sounds much safer than just going right into trying to do a flip. First conditioning your body, then really learning the move, and then practicing at like a pool or on a trampoline or something. I think that's a real great and safe way to work up to it.

Doing a flip with one foot sounds tough! That's smart to figure out what you can master while working on the mats though, and then not really attempt anything you can't on a hard surface where you could more easily get injured.

I find this really interesting, and I think I want to make a role-playing character of mine sometime into parkour and free running. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 am

Yeah I can't even do a freakin' cart wheel without maiming myself or others.

>_<

BUT THIS IS SO COOL!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:49 am

Believe it or not, four years ago I couldn't either. x_x
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:06 pm

http://www.vimeo.com/2679274
Stunt Training video with me and two others. Was the first time I got a whole stunt walkthrough. Was intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi42T2Up-Rw
Little show we basically choreographed a day earlier. Very Happy It was a martial arts thingy so not as much from us as from our martial arts guys.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:19 pm

This is probably the coolest thing ever! Although I would have died of lack of oxygen from the strange coloration that would have taken over my face...

Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 am

THREAD HIJACK!!!

also, I don't have no sound here so I didn't quite grasp what's happening. Seems like they did a street show at disneyland. :S
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down