FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for partners

3 posters

Go down

Looking for partners Empty Looking for partners

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Alright here it is, lately I find myself with a bit more room on my plate for new partners and I am quite eager for the opportunity to meet and work with new writers.
I am pretty much capable of anything, except playing a man... lol.
Anything packed with imagination, detail and a dash of romance will keep me more than entertained.

Hit me up and we'll talk.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Looking for partners Empty Re: Looking for partners

Post by DarkGoddess Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Interested!

I've very few ideas though. I've been toying with fairy tale type stories as of late. Really though, if you are interested in doing pretty much anything, from fairy tale to post-apocalypic to murder-mysteries, I'm good.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:16 pm

If there is a touching romance involved, I'm in. I'm a sucker for love Smile

I have some ideas to stem off of.

1. We could come up with our own spin on Beauty and the Beast, thats always fun.

2. I've always been fascinated with the Gaelic fey, so we could try something to do with them.

3. I am always up for a good vampire story, though nothing resembling Twilight. I'll take Lestat over Edward any day.

4. Werewolves are fun, though again, nothing resembling Twilight. I have a werewolf storyline up if you wanna peek at it. It's called Expect the unexpected. (private checks)

5. For a murder mystery, I have a storyline up called When the Jade Snake strikes. (private checks)

Those are just a few simple ideas, I can think of plenty more, full summaries too if you like.

DarkGoddess wrote:Interested!

I've very few ideas though. I've been toying with fairy tale type stories as of late. Really though, if you are interested in doing pretty much anything, from fairy tale to post-apocalypic to murder-mysteries, I'm good.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:35 am

I like the sound of the Beauty and the Beast one, or the gaelic fey one.

I can do vampire, (Lestat for the win!), but I would prefer werewolves to vampires. Maybe it's just me but I find there's a lot more creative license you can take with werewolves.

Which one are you more interested in doing?
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Well, I find myself quite fascinated with the Gaelic fey, they are so mysterious and not at all the sugar coated fluff spoon fed to us as children. They can be cruel, dark and malevolent or they can be as benign as in our traditional fairie tales.
I have done research on both the Seelie and Unseelie fey of Gaelic lore, they are just simply absolutely fascinating.

Though I find myself torn between this and one other. Werewolves.

I find werewolves powerful and sexy, they are in charge and dominant in everything they do. No one ever tells a werewolf what they can or cannot do. On that note, another point for werewolves over vampires is that werewolves also know when too far is too far, when enough is enough. They have a sense of honor.
Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely love a dark and ambitious vampire, but I find myself in a werewolf mood currently if I was given the choice between the two.

Beauty and the Beast could be a lot of fun too though, I picture an very pretty outcasted young woman unable to see herself as worth anything and then our beast with whom you would have free creative reign with, would be around the same but much moodier. I see them thinking the other is entirely wrong in the way they see themselves and changing each others lives, breaking the beast's curse in the process when they fall in love.
Not sure what we'll do with they beast's form though, I'll let you decide that if this is the one you'd like to do.

Let me know.

DarkGoddess wrote:I like the sound of the Beauty and the Beast one, or the gaelic fey one.

I can do vampire, (Lestat for the win!), but I would prefer werewolves to vampires. Maybe it's just me but I find there's a lot more creative license you can take with werewolves.

Which one are you more interested in doing?
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:18 pm

I love the stories of the fey but honestly, I just recently got through a very complicated faerie RP, which kind of exhausted my love of the Fair Folk. Perhaps some other time? Smile

Werewolves is definitely interesting. But would you mind doing another werewolf plot when you have people interested in the werewolf rp you have listed?

Beauty and The Beast, I am all for. Though the beast I am thinking of seems far more similar to Eric from Phantom of the Opera, not Beauty and the Beast. A man who lives in seclusion because of a terrible, disfiguring accident sounds far more appealing for me at the moment.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:53 pm

I've got an idea that stemmed from your Beauty and the Beast suggestion. Perhaps the Beast was once a very attractive vampire, we're talking drop dead sexy, yum yum. Well, perhaps he seduced a beautiful witch many years ago, but he was far too vain and arrogant to truly love her, then when he broke her heart, she cursed him to look completely hideous and unattractive until the day should come that he would change and learn to truly love and cherish someone. Then his curse would be broken and he'd be back to normal.

DarkGoddess wrote:I love the stories of the fey but honestly, I just recently got through a very complicated faerie RP, which kind of exhausted my love of the Fair Folk. Perhaps some other time? Smile

Werewolves is definitely interesting. But would you mind doing another werewolf plot when you have people interested in the werewolf rp you have listed?

Beauty and The Beast, I am all for. Though the beast I am thinking of seems far more similar to Eric from Phantom of the Opera, not Beauty and the Beast. A man who lives in seclusion because of a terrible, disfiguring accident sounds far more appealing for me at the moment.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:17 pm

Hmm...sounds good. Except, how does he contend with the bloodlust when living in seclusion? I'm not against the idea but I do have a counter if you are interested.

Maybe, a werewolf who was cursed by a witch to be caught between his human and wolf form? It would be a nice little nod to the disney movie whilst keeping it original.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:23 pm

I actually like that idea very much. The question is, what did he do to piss her off? Perhaps in the general direction? Heart-stopping gorgeous in his human form, seduced a witch with no real feeling for her, then broke her heart; probably by cheating on her. Then for his arrogance and vanity, he was cursed to remain in between until like before, he learned to truly love and cherish someone other than himself.

DarkGoddess wrote:Hmm...sounds good. Except, how does he contend with the bloodlust when living in seclusion? I'm not against the idea but I do have a counter if you are interested.

Maybe, a werewolf who was cursed by a witch to be caught between his human and wolf form? It would be a nice little nod to the disney movie whilst keeping it original.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:29 pm

That's generally the way it's done in that story. I don't think I'd want to mess with that Razz

Alright...working on a character. Do we want to move this to the ooc section and move on from there?
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Sure thing. I'll be starting on the opening post right now, so if you'd like to set up the OOC while I do that, that would be lovely. Also, what do you think of a traditional werewolf ability to be able to sense their mate by scent?

DarkGoddess wrote:That's generally the way it's done in that story. I don't think I'd want to mess with that Razz

Alright...working on a character. Do we want to move this to the ooc section and move on from there?
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Hello. I am always up for an interesting vampire roleplay, if you would be interested in doing one of those with me. Certainly not involving Twilight vampires. I cater more toward the Vampire the Masquerade vampires. I like the politics involved. Very dark and interesting.

I was thinking a Vampire x Human sort of thing where the human is a journalist who writes articles about the occult, but is never really taken seriously. She would meet a real vampire without knowing it. He would have been previously interested in her work, probably because she was getting too close to the truth in her articles. His mission likely would be to silence her, but after meeting her, he'd get other ideas which could potentially get him into a lot of trouble with the rest of his kind.

Does that idea appeal to you?
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:29 am

Sorry it took me so long to reply, my birthday is in January and that time was sooo busy for me.
Anyway, yes, I would be indeed interested. Perhaps the only way to protect her from being killed and to keep his ass out of the frying pan, he would have to bite her and make her one of them.

Consulting Detective wrote:Hello. I am always up for an interesting vampire roleplay, if you would be interested in doing one of those with me. Certainly not involving Twilight vampires. I cater more toward the Vampire the Masquerade vampires. I like the politics involved. Very dark and interesting.

I was thinking a Vampire x Human sort of thing where the human is a journalist who writes articles about the occult, but is never really taken seriously. She would meet a real vampire without knowing it. He would have been previously interested in her work, probably because she was getting too close to the truth in her articles. His mission likely would be to silence her, but after meeting her, he'd get other ideas which could potentially get him into a lot of trouble with the rest of his kind.

Does that idea appeal to you?
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:18 pm

The beauty of the vampire politics in that particular setting is that he cannot simply turn her into a vampire and have it be all "problem solved yay!" Unless he wishes to guarantee his own Final Death and hers, he'd have to ask the vampire in charge of that city for permission to sire her. And considering that the Prince was likely the one who expressed a wish for her to be killed in the first place... Well, that will be very, very difficult. Interesting, but difficult. It's a tricky situation, and it would be rather fun to play out. In my opinion, at least.

The vampire might have to Embrace her regardless of the Prince's wishes, then they to hide the fact that he was her Sire. That might work, but again, it would put both of them at huge risk. Very fun, but very huge risk.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Sure, we could try it.

Consulting Detective wrote:The beauty of the vampire politics in that particular setting is that he cannot simply turn her into a vampire and have it be all "problem solved yay!" Unless he wishes to guarantee his own Final Death and hers, he'd have to ask the vampire in charge of that city for permission to sire her. And considering that the Prince was likely the one who expressed a wish for her to be killed in the first place... Well, that will be very, very difficult. Interesting, but difficult. It's a tricky situation, and it would be rather fun to play out. In my opinion, at least.

The vampire might have to Embrace her regardless of the Prince's wishes, then they to hide the fact that he was her Sire. That might work, but again, it would put both of them at huge risk. Very fun, but very huge risk.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Awesome. Shall we make an OOC topic for this to discuss it more?
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Consulting Detective wrote:Awesome. Shall we make an OOC topic for this to discuss it more?

Sure, I went and crafted a portrait for my char using a generator. I'll include everything about her in the OOC, do you want to make it or should I?
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Consulting Detective Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:19 pm

If you would not mind, I would prefer for you to make the OOC topic.
Consulting Detective
Consulting Detective
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down