FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New

+4
Kalon Ordona II
Lord Revan
jekyll
Tortured
8 posters

Go down

New Empty New

Post by Tortured Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:41 am

My name is Rebecca, but I like to go by Tortured. Writing is one of the biggest passions in my life, and I could not imagine myself without a computer, or a pen and piece of paper somewhere nearby.

For more than fifteen years I have been roleplaying, mostly in loose, freeform settings with very little rules. I will admit without shame that I have participated in MANY 'god mode' rps with friends, which required great amounts of trust and loyalty between the players. That is what I am looking for here. Trust, loyalty, and fun.

I will happily participate in a broad number of different genres, from dark fantasy to modern. I also like to mix and match genres, putting fantasy into modern, or adventure into romance. I do much better in a one on one setting than I do with a larger group of people. Large, long, detailed posts are something that I strive to produce, and it is always appreciated when the effort is returned in full. It's never fun when you write your heart out, only to have a one or two line response in return. That being said, I always try and give the other player(s) something to write from, and would hope they would contact me if they were unsure/wanted me to add something.

I'm incredibly open to ideas, and I am willing to be flexible. My characters, as odd as it might sound, are sort of like a little family in my brain lol. Character development is one of my favorite things to build on, and it always makes me happy to see what directions they can go in, instead of just having them stand still. The more drama and heartache, love and humor, the better it is for all!

Anyway, I sort of went on a long rant, but I prefer to be clear right off the bat. I hope that I can find everything that I am looking for here, and I hope that I can offer everyone something in return.

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

New Empty Re: New

Post by jekyll Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:45 am

I'm new too! =D I totally understand the whole 'write forever and get nothing back' . . . one of the reasons why I found my way here. Hopefully we both can find everything we want here -- oh my name is Kayla by the way. I totally agree on the whole 'fun' thing, role playing shouldn't be a chore it should keep everyone entertained.

jekyll
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:07 am

Well welcome to FoG, Tortured, and Jekyll! Since you are both looking for fun and entertaining role-playing, you definitely came to the right place. I am sure both of you will be able to find many people to RP with.

My name is Marc and I am one of the friendly OOC mods here. If you have any questions or need any help feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff here and we will gladly assist you.

Enjoy your stay!!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:27 am

Thank you both for the warm welcomes. I hope to enjoy my stay here as well. Very Happy Nice to meet you Kayla and Marcus. I can't wait to get started on some good stories!

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 am

You're in the right place, Tortured!
Welcome to the FOG! cheers

It's always great to have another experienced role-player joining us. You're the kind of person this haven has especially in mind. ^_^
Looking forward to seeing some of your writing! Very Happy

Do enjoy your exploration of the site! And if you have any questions along the way, we always love to help out.

Happy writing!
Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Very Happy I will definitely enjoy the swirly mists.

One thing I am wondering about is how on earth to get started with other rpers. I definitely don't know anyone here, but it seems as though there are quite a few who share my interests. I've browsed through some of the forums and read some of the plots and the like, but it would be rude to just barge in on them lol.

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Tortured wrote:Very Happy I will definitely enjoy the swirly mists.

One thing I am wondering about is how on earth to get started with other rpers. I definitely don't know anyone here, but it seems as though there are quite a few who share my interests. I've browsed through some of the forums and read some of the plots and the like, but it would be rude to just barge in on them lol.

The best thing to do is just PM the author of the role play and see if they are accepting members. You never know Wink

You can also create an interest check of your own and see if you get any responses.

Welcome!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Each Role-Play category has an interest-check subforum, where people can go looking to join projects that are starting or post their own to collect an initial batch of people to start.

So, that's a good first place to look, or to post in.

Following that, each category also has an Out of Character subforum, where role-plays in progress have their OOC chatter and discussions. If a role-play is already in progress, this is the best place to post if you'd like to join. That and PMing the RP host, probably. Either way works well.

So probably the thing to do is see if you want to join or create a RP in one of the categories, Casual, Advanced or Private (limited number of players, usually just 2), and then create or post in an interest check thread. Nod

Basically, what Ryona said. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

I have another question though, regarding signatures and avatars. Maybe it said somewhere on the site, but I can;t seem to find it... what are the rules regarding what you can and cannot use? I make my own signatures with models and art and such. ie, I'll take a model or movie star, and use a few pictures to build a beautiful scene, usually with some wording in there too.

Let me know if this is appropriate for the site, or if I need to look elsewhere for a signature. Thanks Smile

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:16 pm

The only rules about avatars and signatures are as follows:

Avatars can be up to 150 x 200 pixels. Signatures have a limit of 700 x 200. This isn't something you have to consciously worry about, since both will automatically be resized down if they're too large. Avatars and signatures may not contain any type of offensive material in them, which includes adult content or themes. Alcohol is fine for the most part, but drugs, sex (and all things related), and any obscene cursing is not appropriate to be displayed. Signatures can only contain one image in them, excluding some special exceptions (such as a contest winner badge).

(taken from Universal Rules)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Okay, so that means it would be all right to use an actor or someone in my signature? Or do I need permission in order to use it?

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:40 pm

It is my understanding that FOG doesn't look for whether you have rights to images. That's your personal choice and responsibility. (Mod's correct me if I am wrong here)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Based on my understanding, we (as in, the mods) aren't responsible for checking if you have the rights to certain images. That's up to the person using the image, but I've never seen a problem with the avatars/signatures peeps have used.

Welcome to FoG, Tortured! It's great to have another experience role-player join our ranks. I must admit, I don't often come across role-players who enjoy god-modding, but I can see your point in that it requires a lot of trust among the writers involved. You can totally do role-plays like that as long as you're very clear from the start that god-modding will be involved.

The best way to get started with role-playing here is to check the interest sections for each IC section (Casual, Advanced, and Private) and see if anyone is looking for people. Some of the role-plays in progress may also indicate that they're accepting new people, or you can PM the person in charge to ask. And of course, you can always post your own interest check to see if you get any takers!

Hope that helps! Enjoy your stay, and please ask if you have anymore questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aradia Clove Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Hello Tortured,

I read your hello and I know just what you mean about the voices inside your head, all mine have emotions, thoughts, ideas, and can get pretty loud sometimes if they don't get what they want. I didn't write this on my own in-case i sounded insane... I'm glad to know i'm not the only one!

Aradia Clove
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Thank you for the clarification on the graphic stuff, guys, that makes a lot more sense in my head than it did before. Very Happy

I must say I'm extremely grateful for all the help I've been getting, along with all the greetings. Thank you so much for the support, you'll never get rid of me now!!

Aradia, you're most certainly not the only one with the 'voices in head' problem. If anyone really knew what went on in my brain I'd be a lifer in an institue! LOL.

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aradia Clove Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:12 pm

*giggling* i think i am already there, and have swallowed one of the blue pills.

Aradia Clove
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:39 pm

ahah and here I thought they were green Wink You must have gotten a better offer than I did. Very Happy

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aradia Clove Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:42 pm

*Laughing hard* maybe if they have stuck us both in the same loony bin we can trade next time. I'm sure they didn't stick you with the cheap stuff, perhaps different pills for different realities, like the matrix. Wink

Aradia Clove
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Greetings, Tortured!

New Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Sorry for the late greeting! Glad to meet you. ^_&
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: