FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westerns?

3 posters

Go down

Westerns? Empty Westerns?

Post by Gadreille Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:05 pm

I know this thread will probably go unanswered, but is there anyone who enjoys the western theme? I've been itching for a western role play ever since the one I was in fizzled out.

I would prefer this to be historical fiction, but if someone has a really awesome idea that involves sci/fantasy I'm open for alternate history ideas.

I don't have a plot as of yet, but think something along the lines of Appaloosa or Hell on Wheels. Something a bit more gritty than a classic (though I love me a classic western too).
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Westerns? Empty Re: Westerns?

Post by Gadreille Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:23 pm

GC, I put up what I have so far. I made a couple of other characters to play around with. I'm going to make my first post the background of my character and her ending up in Cheyenne.

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4098-retribution-station
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Has no one responded to you yet? I was also in a western RP a bit ago, but it died as well. I've just gotten back into FoG recently, so my creativity seems to be brimming.

I also feel private RP's fair better than open ones. I'm lothe to reuse characters, but since this guys story never got off the ground, I'd like to use him, if you don't have any problems with that.

Name of Character: Erin Whillicks a.k.a The Ricochet Kid

Sex: Male

Appearance: Of average height and build, Erin is an average looking male in any crowd. He wears traditional wranglers clothes, consisting of: A floppy leather hat that is one size too big for him. A loose shirt, stained with mud, blood, and alcohol. A black leather vest worn over top (to hide the stains). A matching leather jacket when it isn't too hot out. Dusty blue jeans, and high cowboy boots complete with spurs. He is rarely clean shaven, and he lets his blonde hair grow, out so long as it doesn't get in his eyes, which are blue. He also carries a pair of holsters with one .45 Bat Masterson which he lifted from a dead U.S. Marshal and an IOF .32 Revolver. He also carries a .22 derranger in his inside breast pocket, and a saddle bag converted into a backpack which holds his ammo, booze, and food (in that order of importance).

Bio: A ruffian and a scoundrel at every stage of his life, Erin Whillicks often got into trouble with his parents, the townsfolk, and eventually the law. Born to a respectable cattle herder, Erins life style of drinking and womanizing got him kicked out of the house at a young age, and with little education. When he was seventeen, he was laying in his local bar, passed out from the drink, when a bar fight broke out. After a man stumbled into his table waking him up, Erin pulled out his IOF revolver and fired two shots at the closest thing to him. Both shots missed, but one bounced of a metal beam and spiraled into a mans eye. The second shot burried itself into the sherifs leg. The entire bar when silent, except for the sherif who was screaming in pain; the other man was dead. Erin, now suddenly more sober held up his weapon and left the bar. He stole the nearest horse and fled. Since then he'd been robbing carriges and spending the money on booze and women. He claims to have killed over ten men (which is a lie, his actual kill count is 2)and has earned himself the name Ricochet Kid, in tribute to his first act of murder. He is not proud of his reputation, but he will still use it when it is favourable. His last escapade left two men wounded, and a U.S. Marshal dead. In the night he joined up a with a caravan headed out of town until the heat dies down.

Let me know what you think.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Guilty Carrion expressed interest through the chatbox, and I created Retribution Station. I know you said you preferred one on ones, but if you are interested in joining GC and I, we can make it a multi-person private role play so that you may play your character.

That said, just make sure your character fits in with the time period we have chosen (1867) and the plot line (ex confeds raping and pilliaging their way out west). I'd like to stay as historically accurate as one can writing fiction.

You'll notice there is a main character section and a cast. The cast is for minor characters that can be shared between us.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:44 pm

I wouldn't mind joining a small group of people, no. As far as being historically accurate, I can't say that I know much about the old west, aside from what I've seen in movies. I'll do research when I can, but mostly I'm going to be going with my gut.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Don't worry about it too much, mostly just make sure that your weapons have been invented already, and you may want to include your character's dealing with the civil war, as it just ended.

Go ahead and PM me a mini version of your character when its ready (look at mine and GC's for layout). I'd like to keep it simple and describe the rest IC.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Um, Dio? You still game?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:35 pm

I haven't yet decided. I would hate to make a commitment I would be unable to keep and then leave you guys hanging. Why don't you go on without me. Sorry.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Alright, thanks for letting me know.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:36 pm

I've actually been wanting to do a roleplay between a young white woman and a Native American brave, I imagined a chief or soon to be chief; Though that isn't a need to have. Tribe doesn't matter, although I have always had a fascination with the Cherokee as I am part Cherokee and the granddaughter of a shaman. Though as I was not picturing myself in the role of the Native American brave, I would leave choosing the tribe to you. Let me know if you are interested in discussing details.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:47 am

Hey Lamenting Quill,

I actually already started a western with two other people. Your story sounds really good, I wish I could role play with you, but I just don't have a lot of time and I don't think I should make another commitment. I highly suggest you make an interest check and see if you can get any other takers Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum