FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promise of Power (Mustakrakish and Ruu)

2 posters

Go down

Promise of Power (Mustakrakish and Ruu) Empty Promise of Power (Mustakrakish and Ruu)

Post by Ruu Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:28 pm

~Alrighties, here is where we can discuss the basics of our RP. I was thinking that the technology level would be maybe late 1800s/Victorian Era with railways, canals, steam boats, and the like. I'm thinking it could take place on earth, but we could come up with a fictional city. Maybe the city could even be the capital, large and sprawling with the ancient ruins just outside. I was thinking too that there could have been a few artifacts found, and these artifacts are basically advanced weaponry/technology that came from the outskirts of the ruins. Many of the gangs have gotten ahold of this technology and are using it to promote their own agendas, though they all want the giant energy source rumored to be at the center of the ruins. Magic is also developed, but limited. Many people know simple spells, but nothing beyond that. The true mages are the librarians and scholars who study ancient scrolls. Magic can do many things, but most magic is elemental in nature. I was thinking that my character is the child of the owners of a great library in the city. He's learned in spell lore and reads alot of the old stories that are said to have come from the civilization that once inhabited the ruins. Most people think they're fairy tales, but my character would believe that they were true.

If you want to change any of these ideas, that's totally fine, and I'd love to hear anything you'd like to add!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Promise of Power (Mustakrakish and Ruu) Empty Re: Promise of Power (Mustakrakish and Ruu)

Post by Mustakrakish Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:48 pm

As a steampunk based story we defiantly should stick with the time period you described (otherwise it just wouldn't be steampunk would it?). I like the idea of a big city, and it makes sense given the massive amount of crime and "Gangs of New York" style atmosphere. As far as whether the city is fictional or not doesn't matter to me, and in the sense of the story whether we are in London or in Wonderland won't matter because we will eventually go out and find some ruins. We might as well make it a fictional city just so we don't have to bother ourselves with the specifics of the real city.

I'm always game for a little bit of magical influence, though for the purposes of this RP I think I will have my character refrain from being very educated in its use, and sees it in a superstitious light. As far as weapons technology, I think the most common weapons would be things like breech loading or bolt action rifles, revolvers, rudimentary shotguns, swords and such. Perhaps some of the technology that people find around could be things like machine guns, automatic rifles, ect.

The only thing I would like to add for transportation technology would be airships...I just can't see steampunk without airships.

Other than that I think its pretty well fleshed out.

Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Promise of Power (Mustakrakish and Ruu) Empty Re: Promise of Power (Mustakrakish and Ruu)

Post by Ruu Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:58 pm

~Alrighties, so let's just call the city...ummm...*pushes random city name generator button* New Lanfort?

And yea, it would make sense that the gangs would be more leery about magic because they wouldn't be as book-learned. Those weapons sound good to me.

And yesh, of course we must have airships! Airships are just awesome!

So do you think we're ready for our character sheets? What info do you think we should include?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Mostly just the basic stuff

Name, age, sex, appearance, brief history

For the sake of time we can leave out things like equipment, personality, detailed histories. I feel like alot of these things are more interesting when described in game. Also since I will be kidnapping you an all, you probably won't have a ton of equipment on hand anyway. If there is anything you'd like to include though I would have no problem with that.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Yea, he probably won't have much equipment at all. Maybe a book he's reading. XD So here's my character!

Name: Caedyn Drackard
Sex: Male
Appearance: Caedyn has light brown hair, cut short to the top of his neck. His eyes are a light grey, almost silver color tinged with specks of blue. He is slight of frame, somewhat short for his age (around 4' 8"), and not very muscular. He wears light fabrics with colors such as sky blue, white, and silver. He also wears the family crest around his neck, and intricate design of a starscape with the moon hanging in the background.
Brief history/personality: Caedyn was born to the son of two wealthy parents. They had amassed a large collection of books and eventually founded a library. They were learned scholars and quite knowledgable in the realm of magic, though they rarely used it unless they were in dire needs. For a long time they were the de facto leaders of the small town, until it burgeoned into a city and was placed under the jurisdiction of the King. Still, they held considerable sway over the city. After their son was born, they devoted themselves completely to their child, nurturing him and allowing him to grow. He was interested in books at a young age, especially stories of ancient lore and tales of the ruins outside of the city. He was always a child of daydreams and it was often hard to get his attention. For all that, he is a good child, rather docile, if a bit spacey. With the recent resurgence of gangs, his parents have kept him indoors, especially away from the ruins, even though he wishes to go there to discover the secrets there. Something big is about to happen...he can feel it...
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:23 pm

And here is mine.

Name: Alexander Kross
Sex: Male
History: Alexander stands at about 6 feet tall, with a broad shouldered and well muscled build. His eyes are a rare completely pure green, and he has a closely cropped head of dark brown hair. A perpetual five o clock shadow adorns his face, save for a thin white scar that runs from just under his right eye to the bottom of his jaw. He generally wears earthy tones: browns, dull grays and greens. Almost all of his clothing has some kind of hole, cut, or patch in it somewhere. On his shoulder, pectoral, and shoulder blade is the large tattoo of his gang, The Corsairs. The tattoo is of a skull with crossed sabers behind it, while tattered feather wings stretch out behind the skull onto his chest and back. And he never goes anywhere in the city without some sort of weapon, whether it is his revolver or a simple club of wood.
Alexander doesn’t remember his parents. He grew up on the street, poor and orphaned. The only family he ever knew was among the Corsairs, where the old leader caught Alexander sneaking into the gangs store rooms for food when he was 10 years old. When the guards brought the boy kicking and punching into the leader’s office, the craggy old man laughed out loud and told the men to drop the boy. He then said that any boy who could sneak past a few armed guards and almost make it out alive was worthy of some food and a place to sleep. Then the leader pulled out his revolver and shot the guard who was on duty. It wasn’t the first time Alex had seen a dead body, but it was the first time he had been witness to murder, and he was surprised when it didn’t faze him at all.
From that point on he became the surrogate son of Richard Kross, leader of the Corsairs. The Corsairs weren’t the most powerful gang, but they had their niche in the city, and Kross had plans to bring his gang to the top. When Richard died a few years back, he made Alex the new leader. The choice came with mostly approval, but cries of dissent were heard, and quickly stamped out. Now Alex finally has a chance to pursue his dream. The rumors of the ruins, and of a great power within them, are just what he needs to push the Corsairs into power in New Lanfort.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:25 pm

~He looks awesome! Would you like me to make the first post then? We can start with the actual kidnapping first.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Absolutely. Lets get this show on the road!
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:28 pm

~Alrighties! I'll have it up in a little bit.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down