FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Science fiction survival-thriller roleplay idea?

2 posters

Go down

Science fiction survival-thriller roleplay idea? Empty Science fiction survival-thriller roleplay idea?

Post by MSurber90 Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:17 pm

I've been wanting to attempt another science fiction/futuristic roleplay after my long hiatus from the site. I find one-by-ones are generally better suited to trying out something new in my experience. I have a couple of ideas, which I can outline in better detail if you like.

Idea one revolves around an orbital space station losing power and communications after a catastrophic systems failure that leaves the characters isolated and on their own. This can be tweaked a bit, such as having them on a research vessel rather than an orbital platform.

Idea two follows a more post-apocalyptic theme, set on another world, possibly a colony that suffers the aftermath of either a failure in some kind of climate control system or from a brutal war.

I'm really open to character ideas, so long as they're pretty realistic. A lot of times I see very Mary Sue or cliche characters, but that problem doesn't seem to be too prevalent on FOG. Personally I'm looking towards a M/F pairing, but as I said, I'm open to ideas.
MSurber90
MSurber90
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Science fiction survival-thriller roleplay idea? Empty Re: Science fiction survival-thriller roleplay idea?

Post by Piratical Psyche Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:17 am

I'm greatly interested in both of those ideas, and entirely fine with a M/F pairing.

I wouldn't mind discussing this with you over IM, if you have one (I'm good to chat with pretty much any client) or through PMs. I feel like I need more information before I start forming any character ideas.
Piratical Psyche
Piratical Psyche
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Science fiction survival-thriller roleplay idea? Empty Re: Science fiction survival-thriller roleplay idea?

Post by MSurber90 Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:09 am

If you feel IM is better, sure, no problem.
MSurber90
MSurber90
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratical Psyche Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:11 am

Sure, I'm online most afternoons. I'm on now; the little circles at the bottom of my little account info at the right have my IM contacts on it.

Feel free to add me any time and we can talk about it.
Piratical Psyche
Piratical Psyche
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MSurber90 Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:47 pm

Gotcha. Right now I'm packing for a week-long trip out of state for work, so I'll be a bit slow.
MSurber90
MSurber90
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratical Psyche Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:56 pm

That's fine, just get with me whenever you find the time! I'll be around.
Piratical Psyche
Piratical Psyche
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MSurber90 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:00 pm

I tried adding you but I'm not sure if it went through.
MSurber90
MSurber90
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratical Psyche Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:00 am

My internet got knocked out by the wind. I'll be able to check for your request by this afternoon at the earliest, tomorrow at the latest.

Sorry for the wait; the weather's crazy all over, lately.
Piratical Psyche
Piratical Psyche
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MSurber90 Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Oh yeah. Here it's freezing and windy in the mornings. In North Central Louisiana. Of course, anything under forty is freezing to this South Texanite.
MSurber90
MSurber90
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratical Psyche Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Hah, no, the windy weather's carried here, too. Right now I'm in Central Arkansas, right above you, hah.

But I'm not too sure your request went through. Send it again? Everything is up and running, so I'm on now.
Piratical Psyche
Piratical Psyche
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MSurber90 Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Gotcha. Gonna try again. If it doesn't work, just add me.

MSurber90
MSurber90
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratical Psyche Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:03 pm

There seems to be some sort of connection problem between us, I don't really understand. What chat server do you use? Windows Live, AOL, Yahoo?

In the meantime, we can just use PMs, that'll probably simpler for now, hah.
Piratical Psyche
Piratical Psyche
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MSurber90 Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Windows Live. But yeah, PM's might just be better.
MSurber90
MSurber90
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down