FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revelations - OOC

+3
Eternity
Aesalon
Sighlent
7 posters

Go down

Revelations - OOC Empty Revelations - OOC

Post by Sighlent Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:53 pm

“The wind of life and air from above smells of death
and angels sing of the end.
There’s nothing you can say and nothing you try can change time;
human race prepares to die.”
-Avenged Sevenfold

Revelations - OOC Gatesofhell1-1

I wish they would stop. The voices. Or the voice. It echoes in my head like a thousand rapid heart beats. It tells me to do things. Horrible things! He calls himself Adam, this voice. Says he is the spirit of Jesus Christ, immortal and pure. But I don’t know what to think. Maybe I’m going crazy. Maybe I already am crazy. Adam persists in his relentless quest, says I will soon enough begin to understand.

I’m so tired. Tired of it all.

Adam tells me things, things I couldn’t possibly know on my own and yet I believe them to be true. Things about people, like Father Clarke…the things he did to those boys. Or what really happened to Kathrine Hare’s twin sister. He shows me the true darkness in humanity and sometimes I just want to scream from the idea of it all. Instead the only solution I’ve seemed to find is at the bottom of some dark whiskey bottle.

Sometimes it even helps drown out Adam.

Adam.

I’ve started seeing him when I look into the mirror. Or at least I see the remnants of what used to be a man. He told me that he has long since banished his mortal traits for something else, a higher power he calls it. But his eyes, so empty. And so cold, like ice. How can something so twisted be of a heavenly spirit? I find myself wondering this often. Perhaps too often.

I can feel myself slipping more and more with each passing day, and I can’t help but wonder how long it will before I lose this battle. Or perhaps this battle is inevitable.

I’ve been drinking again tonight, I can feel the alcohol burning in my veins already. Adam is silent for now. But he will return. He always does.

When will it end?

"On a Thanksgiving Day afternoon in 1980, a black woman driving a 1974 black Lincoln decided to plow into people on the sidewalk on North Virginia Street in Reno, Nev. The woman stared straight ahead as she accelerated, striking several people without stopping. She drove 100 feet down one sidewalk, then over 300 feet down another, and finally drove two blocks down yet another one. She might well have continued, but a witness drove in front of woman's car to force her to a halt. She was then arrested. And she was angry that she'd been stopped. The number of casualties rolled in from the five-block massacre, as people were rushed to area hospitals and bodies were removed from the streets. Several limbs remained on the streets, along with knocked over signs, upset trash containers and items that people had been carrying. Twenty-four people had been seriously injured, and five had been killed at the scene by this reckless driver. Two more would die after being taken from the scene to the hospital.

Witnesses likened the scene to a battlefield.

Under interrogation, the driver told authorities that her name was Priscilla Joyce Ford, Ford, 51, was a former school teacher who moved from New York to Reno. She told authorities that some people called her "Jesus Christ." She also claimed to be Adam, of Adam and Eve, and a prophetess. She said that she was tired of life and had deliberately planned to kill as many people with her car as she could as a way to get attention.

"A Lincoln Continental can do a lot of damage, can't it?" she reportedly said. Then she stated that a voice had urged her to do the same deed when she'd been in Boston six months earlier, but another voice — that of Joan Kennedy, she said — had stopped her. She asked the officers how many she managed to kill, hoping the number was at least as high as 75. Nevertheless, Ford seemed satisfied when they told her she'd killed five. She also admitted that she'd been drinking that day, and her blood alcohol level confirmed she was intoxicated. Found incompetent to stand trial and diagnosed with schizophrenia, Ford was sent for drug therapy until her competence could be restored. She went to trial in 1981, pleading not guilty by reason of insanity on the charge of six counts of first-degree murder and twenty counts of attempted murder. The proceedings lasted five months with numerous witnesses attesting to Ford's mental instability. At one point, she insisted that the car had gone out of control and she could not recall hitting anyone. She offered other explanations in her effort for an acquittal, but the jury was apparently unmoved. They found Ford guilty on all counts, and she was sentenced to death. Ford died in prison in January 2005 of natural causes."

Article Reference.

---------------------------------------

Plot:

Our RP will begin in Reno, Nevada present day. There have been rumors of demonic activity in the area but with the Devil's Gate - a mysterious moutain formation that generates paranormal readings on a daily basis - being so close many have just written it off as nothing. But we know better. Our character's will for some reason or another be pulled to Reno, and find little more than a demonic playground of death and destruction. The Devil's Gate has been opened and all hell is spilling loose onto earth! How has no one before noticed? It's not that they haven't, it's just that no one has lived to tell the tale. Adam, the demonic spirit that once possessed Prescilla all those years ago and has dimwittedly opened the gates. But why? It's up to our character's to close the gate, destroy the spirits let loose, and track down the demon responsible before something else happens.

Questions you might have:

Who the heck is Adam?
A demon who thinks himself more or less a descendant of God. It is said that this Adam may in fact be the same as the one who was banished from Eden however no one is for sure. He is definitely, however, a demon of great power and seems ageless. Adam is a creature of my imagination and a NPC. I will probably be posting a bit of a CS in my character's for a general idealization of what he looks like and what not.

Is this based upon anything true?
Priscilla Joyce Ford is in fact a real person and these events did in fact take place, however I've just slightly twisted them to fit our RP. If you would like to know more of the incident in 1980 feel free to Google it!

How does this have to do with the end of the world?
Ah, well I can't reveal that just yet, however just trust me when I say that it does!

Where does Lucifer play into this?
Patience. My friend. Patience.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Revelations - OOC Empty Re: Revelations - OOC

Post by Aesalon Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Great...okay, do you want us to post character specifics here, or do you prefer that be kept hidden and have the details come out in game?
Hyper
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:41 pm

Hm, I hadn't thought about that but I like the idea of revealing as we go. If you want to you can just post their basics (picture/ appearance, age, name, hometown) here. And then we can go from there!

^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Revelations - OOC Jarah_10

Iris Bujiko
19 y.o.
Hometown: San Francisco
- -
A young medium still learning about how to control or direct her spiritual gift.

Last edited by Eternity on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:09 am

Name: Adam Price
Hometown: Kansas City, MO
Occupation: 'Reality Show' Personality (Spirit Quest, The Hunt for America's Unknown - Thursdays at 9 PM on SPIKE!)
Appearance:
-Eyes: Blue w/ glasses
-Hair: Brown, slightly curly
-Ht: 6 ft
-Wt: 205

Last edited by Aesalon on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:39 am

Revelations - OOC Emo__s_do_Smile__by_RainKira

Name: Ryker Thomas
Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee
Occupation: He's a Hunter, plain and simple, and his vigil is never ending. He vows to take his vengeance to the depths of Hell if it means that the ones who caused him pain will suffer.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:09 pm

I already have my first post written...(how sad is that...?) Just waiting to see if I need to tweak it to fit with the opening post.
Boogie
Which reminds me, will it be too confusing to have my guy named Adam? I wrote him up before the back story was posted, but I can change that if it may cause problems later.
Just let me know.
-Aes
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:30 pm

No I think it would actually be funny to have his name Adam! I could just see this playing out somewhere.

"I just can't believe Adam killed someone."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean he seemed like such a nice guy and all. I thought he was on our side."
"No you twit, Adam the demon!"
"Adam's a demon?!"
-Face palms-

Lol. Anyway here's my character working on IC right now:

Revelations - OOC 02

Name: Chloe Elizabeth Carson
Hometown: Austin, Texas
Occupation: A pain in the ass with one killer kiss, especially if your evil.

Revelations - OOC DanneelRevelations - OOC Danneelharris-1Revelations - OOC 10c425c417261390ac09cf19c47d8293
Revelations - OOC Daneel
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:57 pm

Revelations - OOC 67532_r
Appearance Auburn hair. Emerald green eyes. 5'7". 120lbs.

Name: Selena Louis Stattton

Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona

The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Veritas Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Hmmm...room for one more?
Trinity Veritas