FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Impressions

+6
Kathryn Lacey
Bird of Hermes
Kalon Ordona II
The Ghost Writer
Dreamless Days
DemonicTophat
10 posters

Go down

First Impressions Empty First Impressions

Post by DemonicTophat Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Good Day to all those that happen to be reading this post. I should first introduce myself before diving into the activities that take place here. My name is DemonicTopHat and my position as an man is a creator, although I also do like to dabble in playing roles too from time to time. I started on my quest of literacy leisure at a rather young age of 12 and then as time grew so did my desire to move onwards in my trek into the world of literacy and that voyage has eventually lead me here, whether I take root here or continue on foot on the road to other things depend on the cards that fate hands me in the few weeks to come. I think you would properly want a slightly more indepth background cover than that and I feel more than happy to oblige to such a desire. I first started Role Playing in very easy areas such as games, the seed of my fascination was planted as I played a game called Warcraft 3 sticking to online dialogue based Role Plays and as the years moved on I soon made a jump from that to WOW or if you prefer: World of Warcraft. I stayed at World of Warcraft for a short period before growing tired of it all, my mind yearned for something more and my wits were at an end from the endless harassment, poor role plays and emotionally crippled bullies that stalked the plains of such a place but to say I did not have good times would be unfair and a lie but to also say that I view my experience in a positive light would be a far worser and enormous lie to pass from lips.

In time I eventually meet another individual with a similar taste to mine and thus started a partnership in role playing, we then both moved onto one to one role playing styles over MSN and instant messenger and from there I managed to grasp literacy from that of a below poor to a moderate level. My one liners soon expanded, and those expanded and so forth my skills grew in a very short period of time. It was a good relationship with very little troubles with also a high level of increased skill for both our parts but as all things came to an end, so did we. I then migrated to a role play forum to Role Play Gateway and fidgeted about rather nervously before settling into a comfortable position. I was actually interested in the various ideas as I only Role Play to see other express themselves and have my creations interact with other peoples ideas and thoughts and so naturally it appeared like the place for me but sadly I was mistaken. It did not take long for my friend to leave who was a good writer due to death rates of role plays, I stubbornly stayed and seemed slightly more under tuned in writing but once I grew to post with ease and without and underlining sense of dread of doing something wrong in forums-which was not long-I found that I meet the same issues. My patience snapped at the end and I left Role Play Gateway forever. Now, I am here. My total experience of Role Playing is seven years, that may seem long to some and it may come across as small to others but to me that is just below half my life so I feel it would be ok to say that I am a Role Player of moderate skill without appearing boasting or arrogant in any fashion.

My Role Playing style is that I was a maker long before this hobby took rest in my list of activities and as such I admire and appreciate being free to design and create on top of everything but I do also respect well made plots or handsomely crafted more average design trait given characters as well. I like Horrors, Adventure, fantasy, action, fighters, thrillers but not a big fan of real life drama or romance based role plays. I am rather busy so I tend to not have alot of time to post but I tend to be able to pull off a decent sized reply in a ideal amount of time. My other interest include: Drawing, creating worlds, Lifting weights and playing tournament fighting games and I will also be going into a animation course in a few days time. I have been drawing since I was able to pick up a pencil, even if it was picked up incorrectly.

Heres a link to my art. I am still relatively new to color:
http://treeonthehill.deviantart.com/gallery/

I am not a very aggressive man, I tend to be able to tolerate a lot but I am also very honest and believe in telling the truth in all instances and as such I feel obliged to tell you my patience and tolerance for dying Role Plays have been heavily put to the test. I know that is a slightly dark cloud hanging over my head but I am going to be open, I am not going to hide it in a shroud. Apart from the previous negative snippit I try to be an understanding person and do not really enjoy having conflicts with possible freinds or partners and due to my years of meeting the worst and some very good role players my standards tend to be pretty fair although if I find myself lacking any stimulation I will find it hard to post for praticulary low level partners. I have no problem working in groups or in one to ones, I do not generally make Role Plays that mucth even though I have a few worlds I could easily adapt to role palys because of my negative experience with death rates.

DemonicTophat
DemonicTophat
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

First Impressions Empty Re: First Impressions

Post by Dreamless Days Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:06 pm

You heard the man Fate, give him his cards! Razz

Allow ME (That guy who's not part of the welcome wagon) to be the first to welcome you to FoG DHat!

Dude, your art looks AWESOME. I get so jealous of people that know how to draw, guess you're another one to chuck on my list. Haha. But seriously, it looks really good, I'm impressed. ^_^

Here's hoping you have a great time here, hope to see you in a few RP's bro!
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Welcome to FoG, DemonicTophat! I'm one of the global mods here, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or another of my associates.

I really loved reading your introduction. That is definitely one of the longest I've ever read. study I believe you'll fit in quite comfortably here and be able to make a plethora of new friends to continue writing with, more than just the one that has seemed to act as your anchor in the past. We're quite a friendly and open community.

Write on,
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Welcome to the FOG, TopHat! cheers
You've certainly come to the right place. Nod

Enjoy your exploration of the site! I'm sure you'll get those cards from Fate real soon. Laughing (Fate, you should give him the King of Clubs, the 14 Red, a Nintendo 3DS Augmented Reality question-mark card, Park Place, and Charizard. xD)

Well, here's looking forward to a grand new adventure!
If you have any questions, do feel free to ask. Very Happy
Happy writing, and enjoy the swirly mists!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Greetings, Demonic Tophat!

First Impressions Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Welcome! That is a fairly sizable introduction. I do hope you find what you are looking for here at FOG.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Welcome to FoG, TopHat!

It's good to see another new member in our ranks. I have to admit that I am quite pleased with your introduction. I found it really informative and interesting. Reading about your evolution from beginning to now was great! I had a somewhat similar experience as yours as well, but I'm sure a lot of people have!

I looked at some of your art, and I have to say that World of Gore has caught my fancy. It's very surreal feeling and really neat! The colours really add to the visual complexity and aesthetic interest! Every time I look at it, I see something new, too, which is just awesome. It's like playing "Where's Waldo" except better because I'm not looking for some lanky dude in a stupid shirt.

Hopefully, you'll be able to complete a role-play while you're on FoG, or you'll at least be able to join a game that won't die until everyone - including you - loses interest in it.

Anyway, I'm Kathryn. I'm one of FoG's friendly moderators. If you have any questions or concerns or if you just want some advice, I am definitely here for you ((along with our other lovely staff members)).

Enjoy your stay!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:26 am

Welcome to FoG, DemonicTopHat!

Your art looks awesome. I always wanted the ability to draw well.

Anyway since other Mods have already welcomed you I won't go through the who spiel. But if you do have questions feel free to contact the staff here.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTophat Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:38 am

I appreciate you all taking the time to greet me. I am looking forward to a promising collaberation of different ideas and styles as we come to know each other in a more artistic manner. I am sure that we will get along with relative ease.

I have drawn a long time but I do not seem to get alot of fans, perhaps it is because I do not draw anime or don't really draw fan art that much or maybe I am simply not that good but it is nice to know that you all find my art stimulating.

Kathryn: World of Gore was actually made out of two characters that I was planning to use in a comic idea based on fighting games-no tournaments. Just one on one battles focused plots-however I soon found I do not really have the time. With aniamtion coming up and big project underway right now that is taking pirority. I already have voice actors for it and several design skecthes have been drawn for that animation, I would like to spare some time for the comic but the Animation has more than one person interest in it and thus deserve more attention.

Just so you know. The armored character is Jeremy and The Deux Blade-I might of changed the name at some point-and The Vile. Jeremy a seven year old who carry about the organs of a hero inside a mobile life support-that blade-and is capable of being controlled and given the heros powers via nerve/soul networks from the blade when holding it. The Vile..has a much longer story as he stood as one of the main characters.

I tried to set up an Role Play for it once. Called Tream, that focused on one on one battles in a multi-national complex that housed the last of the standing nations in the future. Italy, English-A mixture of Englsih speaking countries to be exact-and japan. THe whole idea was meant to be based onfreedom, Tream was so big I could add any kind of place as it went on and it was also insanely diverse. I had robots, magic, vampires..magicians..talking fish in bubbles that suspend them in the air...anything was allowed. But it focused on character interaction and goals..I think that scared people off so it never got any attention.
DemonicTophat
DemonicTophat
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:41 am

Welcome to FoG, DHat (Do you mind if I call you DHat? It just sounded so cool when Dreamless used it!). Looks like the other staff members covered most of the mandatory advice, so I'll keep mine short and sweet. Your art is really cool! We have a section for art and design if you want to set up a thread to showcase your work.

I hope you enjoy your stay here on FoG! I'm the other Global Mod and Ghost's partner in crime, so please feel free to ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:45 am

*whistles* That was probably the longest and most complete introduction thread I have ever seen. You will most certainly fit in here. I do think you will thrive in our community, here at FoG. Very Happy

I am Dax, one of IC Moderators here at FoG, and I am available for any of your questions or concerns, as are any other of the mods and members here. We are all quite a helpful bunch. Nod

And hey, you used to play WoW! I still play the game, and, I have to say, I know what you mean about wanting to find something more intellectually challenging.

So, welcome to FoG and I look forward to seeing you on the boards! cheers
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Welcome to FoG. You will find little to no conflict here as you can already tell the mods are quite helpful on this site.

The coloring on your drawings look great.

Enjoy your stay!
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.emery3d.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down