FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey!

+4
Count
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Atzar
8 posters

Go down

Hey! Empty Hey!

Post by Atzar Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm Atzar. Alternatively, I'll also respond to Nick, The Capybara, and possibly "the guy with the huge rodent for an avatar". I'm here at the behest of Christoph. He told me we could steal an airship if I agreed to join, and that sounds like all kinds of fun, so here I am!

My real name is Nick, and I'm 23. I live in Massachusetts, and in the near future I'll be graduating with a BA in Economics. Currently I'm looking into graduate school in either the Economics or Accounting fields.

I've been roleplaying for... eight years now, if I had to guess. I prefer the standard fantasy genre... kings, knights, magic, that sort of stuff. Literary influences include David Eddings and George R.R. Martin. I also take an interest in certain historical settings, and I've done random and independent research into the Aztecs, Greeks, Romans, and Persians at one time or another, and probably a few other cultures that I can't remember at the moment.

Despite all of this, I've been in a creative rut for awhile now, and I'm thinking that a new site and a fresh start can get me going. I look forward to meeting and getting to know all of you!
Atzar
Atzar
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Hey! Empty Re: Hey!

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:52 pm

Hey, its that guy with the huge rodent for an avatar! Welcome to FOG cheers

If you prefer fantasy, then I think you will feel at home here. A lot of us are fantasy freaks. Oh, and one of my characters in a role-play here was inspired by David Eddings; I really loved his books (the ones I've read).

Hope to see you around, Atzar!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 am

OMG! I recently sent a PM to Fate Foretold ((the lovely FoG Mother)) that said, "Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist... BUT THEY DO!" and there was a link to a video with a capybara in it. Those things are freaking awesome!

Anyway, welcome to FoG, Nick!

You seem like you're really interesting, and I really look forward to seeing more of you!

I'm Kathryn, and I'm one of the friendly moderators of FoG. If you want advise, or if you have any questions or concerns, you can come to me ((and the other moderators, quite frankly)).

Enjoy your stay!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:02 am

Aaaaand Christoph snags another one! Give these boys an airship!

Welcome to FoG, Nick! Can I just say that capybaras are awesome?! You're definitely in a great place for awesome role-playing and hopefully an opportunity to get your creative juices flowing again. Like Silvone said, a bunch of us love fantasy, myself included. I'm one of the Global Moderators here, so please feel free to ask me (or Christoph, or any of the other lovely staff) if you have any questions! Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:00 am

Marmot lover bids you a frosty welcome.

Just kidding! I hope you enjoy your stay here. FoG is quite a friendly and neighborly community, and I guarantee you'll feel right at home almost at once. Well, after you post IC, that is. Kind of important, innit?

Oh, and you're on the East Coast? Why, me too!

OMG EARTQAKE HURICAN WERE ALL GONA DAI! /derp

EDIT: As I scrolled to leave this page, I suddenly noticed what, exactly, the capybara happened to be doing.
Hey! 617037
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Christoph Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Woo! Capybaras! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDcSfNCbETk

Welcome to FoG. About time you showed up, slacker. Razz
Christoph
Christoph
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:39 pm

'Bienvenue' to FoG, Atzar! Cool

So...
1. Stating we are fantasy freaks here at FoG... check
2. Stating Capybaras are freakin' awesome... check
3. Giving you a E-high-five... *high-fives Atzar* ... check
4. Give you your official Dax-o-nick (I totally made that up on the spot) nickname... which is really just your name made shorter... Atz... CHECK!
5. Do a random checklist... check
6. Mention checklist in said checklist... check

So that covers mostly everything! I hope to see you around the forums very soon, Atz! cheers

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Atzar Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes, and the frosty one too! I like this place already. It looks like I picked a good avatar, haha. Capybaras are awesome, and I figured that a reading capybara would be perfect for a writing site.

Anyway, I've poked around a bit and familiarized myself with the rules. I consider myself a decent writer, even if I'm never quite good enough by my own standards - comes with the hobby, I'd imagine. Still, I don't expect the requirements to be a problem, and I look forward to getting involved here.

Christoph, I take pride in the fact that the capybara in that video went down swinging - it may have gotten eaten, but it took a chunk out of the anaconda too.

Also, I've seen a lot of Fire Emblem avatars around. Do those games have a following here? Always been a fan of them myself.
Atzar
Atzar
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Ugh... I couldn't watch that video. It was awful.

A lot of us feel similar that we all need improvement, but the fact that we strive for said improvement is what sets us apart from the rest.

The avatars you're seeing aren't from the actual game. Kalon Ordona II and Ryona Noel take sprites from a website and edit them according to specifications requested by the users who want them.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Do I detect a Fire Emblem fan?? Hyper

Also, how have I never heard of capybaras before??? Sweet!! R.O.U.S.'s exist!! Clap Fire Swamp, for sure! Look at the bite on that anaconda -- Go anaconda! -- that could totally eat Westley's shoulder! xD Huzzah!

Welcome to the FOG, Atzar! cheers
Is that At-ZAR or Uh-ZAR (as in, "a tzar" or "a czar"), or AT-zar or AY-zar?

Looks like people beat me to the welcome wagon. I feel like I'm in one of the rear seats on a roller coaster for some reason. xD
I hope you enjoy your exploration of the site! There's a lot to do and see around here, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Welcome again, then, and happy writing! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Greetings, Atzar!

Hey! Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

I like your avatar. Is that a nutria?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Atzar Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:A lot of us feel similar that we all need improvement, but the fact that we strive for said improvement is what sets us apart from the rest.
Yeah. My problem is that occasionally my high standards keep me from writing at all because I'm never happy with what I produce... Sad I'm working at it, though.
Kalon Ordona wrote:Do I detect a Fire Emblem fan??
Yessir! Love the games. I've beaten both of the GBA games, along with Path of Radiance. Now I'm playing through Sword of Seals. It was never released in North America, but I... found... it... Suspect
Is that At-ZAR or Uh-ZAR (as in, "a tzar" or "a czar"), or AT-zar or AY-zar?
AT-zar. Emphasis on the first syllable. I came up with it years ago just by mashing syllables together until something sounded cool. Stuck with it ever since.
Bird of Hermes wrote:I like your avatar. Is that a nutria?
Nah, it's a capybara. They're the largest existing rodent, found in South America. I can see the resemblance with a nutria, though... their faces look pretty similar.

Atzar
Atzar
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum