FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When My Creative Juices Kick In, I Always Seem To Stumble Across An Outlet...

+3
Bird of Hermes
Fate Flyer
MadHatClemens
7 posters

Go down

When My Creative Juices Kick In, I Always Seem To Stumble Across An Outlet... Empty When My Creative Juices Kick In, I Always Seem To Stumble Across An Outlet...

Post by MadHatClemens Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:41 am

Well, hello all.

As my account so efficiently displays, I am MadHatClemens (I got the name from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, it seemed to stick).

In real life, I am a student by day, wondering how I will beat back my procrastination in order to complete my work. At night, I am a hunter of the foulest demons and devils that have fought against the irresistible pull of Hell to carve a similar landscape upon the Earth. My attempts have so far been successful, yet recently I have been wondering whether my heartless slaughter of these unholy beings is turning me into a being far worse than them, only kept in check with the opportunity to fight ever increasing odds without being morally tortured...

Obviously, the part about nighttime was a joke, but as you see, I love to write. The only thing I ask is for you to point me towards an interesting RP.

MadHatClemens
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

When My Creative Juices Kick In, I Always Seem To Stumble Across An Outlet... Empty Re: When My Creative Juices Kick In, I Always Seem To Stumble Across An Outlet...

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:04 am

Hey, MadHatClemens. I like the name! Welcome to FoG!

You seem to lead a rather interesting life. Whoa lol!

A love for writing is excellent around these parts. As for interesting role-plays, what types do you prefer? Sci-fi, fantasy, horror, realistic, etc.? We have three different role-playing sections -- Advanced, Casual, and Private. You can read more about them in their forum descriptions. Smile

I hope you enjoy yourself here!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

When My Creative Juices Kick In, I Always Seem To Stumble Across An Outlet... Empty Re: When My Creative Juices Kick In, I Always Seem To Stumble Across An Outlet...

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Greetings, Mad Hat Clemens!

When My Creative Juices Kick In, I Always Seem To Stumble Across An Outlet... Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Like Fate said, there are many good role-plays here, it just matters what you are into. I hope you find one to your liking!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Welcome to FoG, Clemens.

I'm Kathryn, and I serve as the sort of adviser/counselor of this board. If you have any questions or concerns, you can come to me or any of the other staff members. If you want some advice, I'm always here.

Fate has it right in that we have all kinds of genres and styles of role-plays, so something should strike your fancy. However, if nothing interests you, you are always free to create your own adventure!

You seem interesting, and we're all glad to have you aboard. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:24 am

Welcome to the FOG, MadHatClemens! cheers

You're definitely in the right place for interesting and literate role-plays. What you want probably want to do is see the Interest Check subforums inside whichever role-play category you prefer, and if none of those interest you, have a look at some already existing role-plays. Some role-plays are easy to jump in even if they've gone on a while, and some will have only recently started.

Of course you don't have to do it that way, but if you'd like an easy preliminary direction, there it is. ^_^

Hope to see you around! Do feel free to tell us more about yourself. Favorite types of role-plays? Favorite authors, books, movies, fandoms? And as always, if you have any questions at all, we're all handy with answers. Right here in your intro thread is a good place, while we're getting to know you anyway.

Well, happy writing!
Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatClemens Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:27 am

Thank you for all of the responses. This definitely seems like a fun place.

I do not have a favorite genre of RP, as I enjoy any genre that is of high enough quality. I do love writing out action scenes, however. Graphic novels are kind of my thing as of now, however, when I want to read a book, I usually just start writing a once-off.

I would love to start joining RPs, so I'll check out some threads. Anyone recommend a good RP to start with?

MadHatClemens
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:31 am

Um, a lot of RP's are in session at the moment, however I do know the Warhammer 40K project is starting. Its similar to the Emoria: World Builder project in that it's multiple inter-connected RP's. Here's the link to the interest check which should contain most information you'll need.

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t3859-warhammer-40000-the-fate-of-ataraxis-interest-check

----------------------------------------
Next RP I can think of is my Ruin RP, which has yet to start. It is an apocalyptic, fantasy RP. It has no members and can be found here.

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t3803-ruin-ooc-discussionopen#91067

-------------------------------------
Additionally, War is War is one of the few sci-fi RP's on this board. Its in the advanced section.
http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t3237-war-is-war-ooc-accepting

Besides that, most RP's are closed at the moment on this board.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:33 am

If those don't interest you, you can always post in the interest checks to see if you can gather people for a role-play idea of your own.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:36 am

That's always a good option as well. I did that when I first joined, so it does work.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatClemens Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:47 am

The Apocalyptic fantasy one seems nice, I may do that. If not, I'll check the interest checks. Thank you all.

MadHatClemens
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Welcome to FoG, MadHatClemens! It looks like the others have covered most everything in terms of advice and recommending RPs, so I'll just say to enjoy your time here and ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down