FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep Cycles: The Empathetic Experiments

Go down

I highly doubt anyone cares, but if they do, a poll so I can ask 'penny for your thoughts?'

Sleep Cycles: The Empathetic Experiments Votele100%Sleep Cycles: The Empathetic Experiments Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sleep Cycles: The Empathetic Experiments Votele10100%Sleep Cycles: The Empathetic Experiments Voteri10 100% 
[ 1 ]
Sleep Cycles: The Empathetic Experiments Votele100%Sleep Cycles: The Empathetic Experiments Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Sleep Cycles: The Empathetic Experiments Empty Sleep Cycles: The Empathetic Experiments

Post by Sgt. Tacoz Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Welcome, to our fair town of Satellite Ridge, Tennessee. Now just because it's a good sized town in the middle of the mountains of Tennessee doesn't mean it's just like any other town. Of course you'll have a couple people here and there that fit the bill of every stereotype you've just about formed in your mind right now, but that's neither here nor there now. As I was saying before I had to go off on that little tangent, we've got ourselves a decent sized town. Just like any big town we've got the strip where bars flash their hypnotic neon signs out to the night, cooing to you ever so softly with that faint hiss as the gasses ignite in constant cyclic action. And just as with every strip, you've got your share of seedy places located behind the facades down the back alleys and roadways, hidden to the view of all but the most shadowy of the populace . . . and the cops.

Other than that for entertainment there is the historic downtown where every building looks like it could have stepped right of the set of a bad western movie only to be placed in the middle of a movie about some ax wielding murder in the mountain forests . . . *ahem* That probably made no sense whatsoever. Let's start that bit over, shall we? As I was saying, all of the building up and down the main road of downtown has the faint architecture of the olden days with 'quest for the west' and whatnot deep in the root of everyone's damned loony minds, but every single one is painstakingly built from the very trees of the wood, giving the whole thing a flair for the rustic with a touch of the new. Modern stores fill the buildings with a couple high end restaurants waiting to take your pocketbook and clog your arteries to damnation all at the same time fill up in the ritzy upper floors with the view of mountain sunsets luring tourists like moths to bug zappers. I forgot to mention that old theater down at the end, and though it may look broken down and boarded up from the outside, it's a bit of a looker once you hit the inside. They put some big bucks into making that old theater into one of the most state of the art theaters in the state, but it still don't help the fact that it's small and looks like a heaping pile of shit from the outside.

Just thought I'd give you some of those helpful hints, I mean besides our entertainment we're just like any other town you might come across. We'v got our share of suburbs, both the good and the bad of course, there's the single elementary school and middle school buildings crammed under one roof at the south end of town and the high school perched within the base of a mountain at the other end of town. There's also the scientific research center hidden out in the woods off to the west of town, but no one bothers them there. They do their experimental shit and if it doesn't blow us all to kingdom come, we don't give them any trouble. Of course, lately we've begun wondering. . .

Oh, that old story? You definitely don't want to hear it and on second thought it isn't so old either. Just a couple years ago it was going on if I remember correctly, there was a slew of really strange murders throughout the town coupled with a strange onset of narcolepsy that came and went through the populous like wildfire, worst was, most of em claimed to have repeated a single three day period at the en of the murders over and over like some kind of Ferris Wheel in time. . . .

~+~

Ok, so that's the general welcome to the place here's how we start a story bit, though forgive me if it's a bit shoddy. I'm still working off the rust that's built up over some months.

Alrighty then, so the general premise of this RP is that you will play a person within the intricate web of the events that transpired a few years back in the cozy little town of Satellite Ridge. At the onset of our story the strange and inexplicable murders that seem the work of utter nightmares have been appearing for almost a month and the police are still baffled and have also yet to make the connection to a single cause, the serial killer if you will. The thing is that each person died in a horribly unique way, some perverse and twisted image of beauty brought about by the death in fantastic aspects.

Players will take on the position of a student in the high school, or a teacher if you wish to play a more adult character, who is getting involved in this through the narcoleptic like symptoms mentioned. The three day loop is a bit harder to explain. The way that the character's minds will be affected through this event has caused a sort of mental warp in the rationalization of time, death and space. I know it's pretty hard to grasp and seems like I'm blowing smoke out my ass, well I am in the sense that every other supernatural/fantasy writer does. In this sequence there will be a lot of people who have their characters die at some point during a day and in order to prevent people from feeling left out of the development/intrigue, it made sense to add a bit of a supernatural/mental twist since it already was kind of an out there plot. Deal with it. With each recurring cycle of days though there is the potential to have flashbacks to the previous cycle as determined by myself so as to prevent 'I KNOW EVERYTHING AFTER THE FIRST CYCLE TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLs' which I doubt anyone here would do, but it is just a precaution. Characters will also develop a power throughout the course of the evens based around their individual personalities. I know this'll take somebody's idea , though I implore someone to use it anyways, an example would be someone with a defensive personality might develop a branch of powers related to the defensive arts and eventually unique applications they work out. The abilities start out as instinctual reactions at first, but as more cycles pass on they gain more control just through the body's muscle memory it shouldn't have but still does anyways. Those darn time loops 'n whatnot. The general point is within the three days you pick your sides, fight your wars against strange nightmarish creatures and help the killer or the police, there's no right or wrong side.

The time system will break down the day into school-afternoon-night. During the school day its your chance to socialize with other players/NPCs as you see fit on the school grounds or be the bad kids that play hooky to do whatever they might around the town. The afternoon is the general time where you can do any extra investigative work you want or whatever else it is you want to do before going to sleep for the night. At night, you slip into dreams, and that's where the combat will mainly take place. The dreamscape is a fantastical world that changes for everyone within so take elements from every personality and mesh it together into a wonderfully clashing mosaic of dreaming. Now as each person goes to bed at a different time, it'll start off as a singular dreamscape as the first sleeper (the origin) identifies, which inmost cases would be my character unless you have some kind of 'goes to bed at 6' weirdo character, and as people enter they mention the slight changes brought about by their entrance. Imagine a base art and as people come in contact with it they add their own flare, not huge changes, but enough to make a mark and be noticeable. Here within the dream world you will have to survive from the nightmares that lurk within the recesses of the origin's mind and there will also be clues as future victims will be within the space as well . . . if you can fin them before their demise. As the days pass on though, elements of the night time will mix into the day and so on and so forth blurring the sense of time you may have. This is part that the old story teller brushed off, as most locals did, as a bout of narcolepsy. In fact it is the character's being forcibly to and from the dream world as the source gets stronger. So as far as the time system, it'll just kind of mesh into one near then end of each three day cycle if that makes any sense.

Ok, I think I covered everything an I kind of want to go to bed now, so if you've got any questions: post em. Got comments? Post em. Got a gripe with my personality poking through in the description? Deal with it. :3
Sgt. Tacoz
Sgt. Tacoz
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down