FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support a fellow FoGger on Wordpress!

2 posters

Go down

Support a fellow FoGger on Wordpress! Empty Support a fellow FoGger on Wordpress!

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Hey everyone!

For those who don't know, I just started a blog on Wordpress called "Voice from the Sea." Its purpose is to unite science with the art of writing and give me a place to talk about my thesis research and the science involved in such a way that anyone can get excited about it. I'm hoping to get enough people reading it that it can be a useful outreach tool to raise awareness for fisheries and get people caring about the state of our world's oceans. Views and comments are always appreciated, and I can always use feedback on the quality of the writing to make it as reader-friendly as possible.

Here's the link! http://voicefromthesea.wordpress.com/

Thanks so much for your support!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Support a fellow FoGger on Wordpress! Empty Re: Support a fellow FoGger on Wordpress!

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:59 pm

I rather love reading your writing, Silvan, and actually your entry entitled "The Calling" really has struck home with me. As I read it now, it relates to something that has been on the forefront of my mind for awhile (and actually a topic I just finished touching on a little with Axiom on a walk we just had), which is what my purpose is. What kind of career path should I go into?

Thinking on your words on what gets you up in the morning and keeps pulling you back at the end of the day, it really gets my motors turning, straining to find and locate that big passion of mine that stands out above all the rest, that not only is a hobby, but can also be applied to the job world as well. It's bridging that gap between what I enjoy doing and what I can also make money from that's been my biggest obstacle, and it's very evident through your writing to see how passionate you are about what you're doing. That's very inspiring to me, and it gives me hope.

I'm also really interested in reading more of your writing on your research intermixed with your thoughts and outlooks (such as how people define themselves whilst managing to forgot some other important aspects that should, in addition, define who they are). I'm making my way through your next entry now, and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Keep the posts coming! Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Support a fellow FoGger on Wordpress! Empty Re: Support a fellow FoGger on Wordpress!

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 am

See, that's exactly the effect I want my writing to have on people, Fate. By sharing my thoughts and experiences, I want to give people something to which they can relate and that gives them hope that they too can find that thing that makes them tick and drives them from day to day. I've met people in every stage of that journey to discover their calling, and I'm convinced that everyone can find "that thing" that really gets their motors going. It's just that so many people give up halfway through and settle for less than what they really want, whether by necessity so they can make enough money to live or because they lose sight of their goal.

The fact that you're thinking so hard about it makes me confident that you can find that ideal balance between what you're passionate about and what you can make into a lucrative career. It's not an easy path by any means, but then when are the best things in life the easiest to attain? Not often! But I think that's good because then we appreciate those good things all the more.

I'm so glad you're enjoying my writing and the blog in general, Fate! I have several more posts in progress and in editing, so there will definitely be more in the near future! Thanks so much for your kind words!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down