FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immortality

2 posters

Go down

Immortality Empty Immortality

Post by Ruu Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 am

Once there was a beautiful Kingdom called Urdur. It was filled with lush foliage, gentle fountains, peaceful creatures, and filled with the harmony. The source of harmony was the Shrine of Naya, a Shrine protected by mystical energies surrounding it from six other, lesser shrines. The Shrine of Naya held a youthful vitality that spread to the land around it and caused the beauty of Urdur. The Shrine was entrusted to the care of the Royal Family and only a member of that family could undo the seals on the six lesser shrine, and finally the Shrine of Naya itself.

The current King is a very youthful King, only eighteen years of age, and his name is Heios. He was named after the sun not only because of his sunny personality, but because of his command over Light Magic. His Father and mother had died of unknown causes, however, and he became heavy with grief. Hearing rumors that the Shrine of Naya could bring one everlasting life, a Warlord Warlock took advantage of the new King's weakened. He led an army against the peaceful land of Urdur and now strikes at the heart of Urdur, seeking to destroy the capital and kidnap the King himself. He would then force the King to break the seals on each of the Shrine and so obtain immortality for himself. What he does not know is that each shrine holds many traps and guardians, and the King himself will be very likely to resist even opening the seals. Besides...what can one do against the power of nature itself when it rises up to defend itself?

Basically I'm looking for someone to play the warlord/warlock and I'd play the King. The RP would be about the warlord trying to get the King to open the Seals and then together they would travel through each of the lesser shrines. Please post a reply or message me if you're interested.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Immortality Empty Re: Immortality

Post by Frithrika Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Is this still open? Your plot sounds interesting and I'd love to give it a shot. I don't have much experience with playing villains, but I enjoy a challenge.
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:02 pm

~Wow, I wasn't sure anyone would respond after so long! It's definitely still open! I'd be happy to RP with you!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frithrika Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Yeah I started looking through some older threads and came across this.

It's late over here so I'll probably be off soon, but I'll start working on my character tomorrow. I have some ideas for him, but I need to flesh them out some more.

Also would the beginning of the roleplay be right after or before the kidnapping takes place?
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:58 pm

~Awesome! I'm glad you did!

I can't stay online either because I have to go to bed early because I have something early tomorrow morning, so I'll probably flesh out my character as well.

The beginning of the RP can start whenever you'd like. We could go through the climatic battle between Heios and the Warlock, or we could skip that and save some time and start right after the King's defeat. It's up to you.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frithrika Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Starting mid-battle might make it interesting. How about jumping in shortly before he's defeated?

Oh and I got this idea of the Warlock (whom I've currently named Alcander, though I might change it) wearing this helmet and cape that makes him resemble a dragon/monster. So I did a quick sketch:

Immortality Warlock3
What do you think?
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:03 pm

~Sure, we can jump in shortly before defeat. That'd be a cool starting point!

I like the picture and the name very much!

Here is the picture that I wanted to use for Heios.

Immortality 161257_100001602992119_5534846_n
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frithrika Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Looks good.

Will you be doing the thread /w intro post? Since you know the plot better and all. Then I'll try to get started on a reply whenever it's ready. Smile
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:29 pm

~Sure, I'll try to get that up tonight before I go to bed. I'll also set up an OOC in the Private Out of Character Discussion so we can discuss the plot when we have any questions. I'll post a link to both when I'm finished.

EDIT: Here are the links to the OOC and the IC, in that order! If you need me to change anything at all in my post please let me know! I'm open to any suggestions.

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4199-immortality#100212

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4198-immortality

Last edited by Ruu on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to IC and OOC)
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down