FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NationStates

+2
The Ghost Writer
Dax
6 posters

Go down

NationStates Empty NationStates

Post by Dax Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

So last year I joined this thing called Nationstates, which is basically a political simulator which has you control your own nation and every day or so you get events that you must take decisions on, and those decisions affect your nation in a very real way. So I know that a lot of you are going: Wow, sounds boring. Well, you are partly right. But that's because that is only part of the game.

The game has thousands of nations, and those nations belong to bigger Regions. These regions have a democratically elected Delegate that is basically its ambassadors to the World Assembly (WA). The Delegate and its Region have an encompassing government (Prime Minister, Minister of Justice, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Defense/Security, etc.) that are all democratically elected on off-site forums, where everything takes place. Any citizen of a Region can take part as a candidate or voter in these elections.

Presently, my Region, the South Pacific (3rd Largest in the world) is holding elections, and I am running for Minister of Security.

I would like it that, if any of you are interested, you join up Nationstates, join the Region of the South Pacific and be active in the forums by proposing/helping to pass laws in its Assembly!

If you have any questions, I would love to answer them!

EDIT: My nation: The Empire of Vatienne
Does that ring a bell to any of your Emoria fans out there? Razz

Last edited by Dax on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nation name)
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

NationStates Empty Re: NationStates

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:20 am

You know this just gave me a grand freakin' epic idea (GFEI - I made that up myself; like it? Razz ). I used to play NationStates all the time. The game is based on a book by Max Barry called Jennifer Government - set in a reality where America and other new "unions" are run by corporations rather than their governments; grossly strewn from a quote by Thomas Jefferson about how governments should merely be there for the protection of the people only. Long story short, the book focuses on the misadventures of several key characters and it revolves around a chick named Jennifer Government (in the world, surnames are replaced with the name of the organization you work for).

In Nation States, you can create your own small region (or whatever they call them) by bringing several nations together. What if the FoG community created several nations and created a Nation States "Caligo"? I think it would be pretty epic. Very Happy

Either way, though, I'll support you, Dax. I just need to create a new nation. I can't remember my original for the life of me as it's been about four years since I've played it. Razz

For those wondering, it's strictly a text-based game. In fact it's very similar to how Emoria works on here; but instead of focusing on the micro-management, the game revolves more around the politics of your nation. You, as the esteemed, god-like ruler of your people will make the final decision of random (and often very amusing - as Max Berry is a political satirist) petitions.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:08 pm

The Ghost Writer wrote:You know this just gave me a grand freakin' epic idea (GFEI - I made that up myself; like it? Razz ). I used to play NationStates all the time. The game is based on a book by Max Barry called Jennifer Government - set in a reality where America and other new "unions" are run by corporations rather than their governments; grossly strewn from a quote by Thomas Jefferson about how governments should merely be there for the protection of the people only. Long story short, the book focuses on the misadventures of several key characters and it revolves around a chick named Jennifer Government (in the world, surnames are replaced with the name of the organization you work for).

In Nation States, you can create your own small region (or whatever they call them) by bringing several nations together. What if the FoG community created several nations and created a Nation States "Caligo"? I think it would be pretty epic. Very Happy

Either way, though, I'll support you, Dax. I just need to create a new nation. I can't remember my original for the life of me as it's been about four years since I've played it. Razz

For those wondering, it's strictly a text-based game. In fact it's very similar to how Emoria works on here; but instead of focusing on the micro-management, the game revolves more around the politics of your nation. You, as the esteemed, god-like ruler of your people will make the final decision of random (and often very amusing - as Max Berry is a political satirist) petitions.

Holy ****. That is one of the most epic ideas EVER.

IF we can get like 20 or so people on board, that would be AWESOME.

The amazing thing with Nationstates(NS), is that you can engage in Foreign affairs with other people's regions by creating embassies, making treaties, etc. It's like RPing with thousands of people. That saying, if we DID have our own Region with a bunch of us from FoG, we would also have a government, embassies, etc. Now, I don't know about you guys, but I am sure there could be some interesting people who would also be interested in joining FoG on NS... you know, if this ever happens.

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Indeed, and since most regions use forums to communicate, and FoG is already an established forum - we would have an effective method of constant in-house communication, as well as a major advertising movement to get more members over to FoG. A huge part of Nation States now is the role playing sector. As I said previously, it's much like Emoria, just more satirical in nature.

EDIT:

Created a new nation: Tetragematria
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm

See how brilliant this idea is, FoG?

So, anyone interested? Very Happy
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:50 pm

To take initiative, I've already reserved the new region "Caligo". You can check it out here. I'll update the world fact book with the same information provided in the Caligo information pages.

EDIT: On second thought; to prevent confusion, I'll provide a link instead and reserve the Factbook for information pertaining to the region; that way involved nations aren't confused by whether or not Caligo in NS is a 100 sq mile island or a region that can actually support "nations". Razz

Last edited by The Ghost Writer on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:53 pm

I think you guys have an amazing idea; I don't think I have the energy for this (especially with trying to keep Emoria thriving) but I wish you luck on your endeavor Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Hah! Maybe I'll make a south pacific island called Aendrel! xD
Oh man, Wales's flag is awesome!
I could easily also do a Kingdom/Empire of Mandor (not from Sephiris), a Dictatorship of Sakira-thani, or a Theocracy of Am. xD

We'll see. Could be fun. ^^ I'll let you know if I make one.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nation Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:53 pm

I have one of these. Razz

The Sultanate of Bhuj-eruba:
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=bhuj-eruba
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:Hah! Maybe I'll make a south pacific island called Aendrel! xD
Oh man, Wales's flag is awesome!
I could easily also do a Kingdom/Empire of Mandor (not from Sephiris), a Dictatorship of Sakira-thani, or a Theocracy of Am. xD

We'll see. Could be fun. ^^ I'll let you know if I make one.

Yes! Do so!

I have one of these.

The Sultanate of Bhuj-eruba:
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=bhuj-eruba

Wanna move the nation to the South Pacific and get active on the off-site forums? Razz

We would need it. Besides, I know Lazarus, and TSP is WAY cooler than Lazarus. lol!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:17 pm

I... vaguely remember having one of these. But I also vaguely remember having to decide on something regarding public nudity, so I'm not inclined to recover that account. >.>

I'll give it a look over.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:56 am

I believe I know the issue you're talking about Chainlinc; and don't forget that you can always "Dismiss" issues (so there is no effect towards your nation) if you're undecided on them. Wink
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum