FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Insert catchy title here]

+6
Artorius
Chainlinc3
Dax
Fate Flyer
Loki
Dreamless Days
10 posters

Go down

[Insert catchy title here] Empty [Insert catchy title here]

Post by Dreamless Days Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Hey. So, obviously, just joined. Decided to introduce myself to this place and see what happens. (Basic information ahoy!)

1) My name is Michael, feel free to call me Mickey.
2) I'm 19.
3) I come from a little place called Australia (South Australia to be exact), and I honestly love it here. Though, I wish I could be closer to some of my friends from overseas.
4) I'm a Gamer for life.
5) I'm not all that good when it comes to spelling and grammar. Feel free to scream at me when needed.

Okay, now that THAT is out of the way. Allow me to introduce myself properly! Ahem. I have been RPing for roughly 5 - 6 years, I'm not sure on the exact number however. I am constantly under threat from new ideas for stories and the like, and thus, started writing just to get the ideas out of my head. (Though, whether these ideas are actually GOOD is unknown to me.)

Note: I don't view myself as a good writer, mostly I think of myself as average at best, however I aspire to be better one day and so I write as often as possible.

I've spent a majority of my time writing in a Sub-Forum called School of Battle, it's a small RP community where I act as a "Veteran" Member, helping the current Moderator by accepting new people and the like.

Torturous Flame talked me into coming here, with numerous promises of candy I have yet to receive. The place seems appealing, but I currently have that lonely feeling, due to only knowing Torturous Flame and Chainlinc3 at all. However, the community here seems warm, I'm looking forward to talking to new people.

PS, just a minor thing I thought I should mention. I suffer from a Time Travel and Alternate Dimension addiction. Most of my ideas (for characters, storylines, etc) seem to revolve around something like this. Though, I do try and keep an eye out for things that may cause massive paradoxes and will avoid it when necessary.

Yeah, I have no idea what else to say. >_>
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

[Insert catchy title here] Empty Re: [Insert catchy title here]

Post by Loki Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Welcome to FoG, Dreamless.

I know what it's like having story ideas boil over in your mind and as a result I am heading up a good number of casual RPs at the moment. The way I see it is I either get those stories on some sort of medium or allow it to develop into some sort of growth in my brain, which sounds all sorts of unpleasant.

As for your personal viewpoint of your writing skills, let me just share two things. First, one thing I've learned with my countless architectural drafting courses in college is that you are your own worst critic. Guaranteed. Second, this is a great place to hone your art. My writing skills have grown unbelievably in the two years I've been here and I've quickly found my individual style that fits me best. With the caliber of players here, it's impossible to not get better as long as you put in just a little effort. Wink
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Welcome abord, Dreamless Days! (Interesting name choice too. Smile)

I always hear such wonderful things about Australia. I work with a Chinese woman who has lots of family there and who would like to move there herself after having visited it a few times, and she just says it's lovely. I myself would be very interested to see it someday, along with New Zealand. (Have you ever been there? Have you seen the Tasmanian Devil? lol)

Woot! Gamers FTW.

Good luck on receiving that candy. I hear there are some hidden stashes around here... It's a conspiracy, I tell yah.

Time travel and alternate dimensions? I think we are going to get along. Aww Do you like Donnie Darko, by any chance?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:39 am

To be honest, before you mentioned it I had never heard of it. Now however, I am very... interested.

On the subject of New Zealand and Tasmanian Devil's. No, I have never been to New Zealand, I've never been outside of Australia before (I do plan on going to America sometime in the next few years with some friends for a Summer Trip.), and despite all the jokes we Aussie's make about New Zealanders, I've heard it is a beautiful place.

And yes, I have seen many Tasmanian Devil's actually. A few at the zoo, one or two in the wild when I visited my Aunt and Uncle once.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Welcome to FOG, Dreamless Days! Feel free to jump headfirst into role-plays! There are a few starting or looking for interest, including one of my own. Hopefully you enjoy your time here Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:11 pm

This is a little late, but better late than never!

So, from little ol' me, Welcome to FoG, Dreamless Days! cheers

I hope you find something that interests you! Until we meet on the boards, I bid you adieu.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Dammit bro! Why didn't you SAY you had an intro thread? Now I'm all late to the party and stuff.
*pouts*

Seriously though, I guess I'll go ahead and welcome you again, all formal-like. So yeah. Welcome to FoG!
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Yes! Welcome! So, I've met Tortorous Flame, shes in my new RP. Nice to meet you as well. Hope to see you aroudn the board Mick
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Welcome to FoG, Dreamless Days! Like Loki said, you're in a great place to hone your art of writing. I've also seen my writing grow by leaps and bounds since I've been here. Don't worry that you only know a couple of people here so far. Most of us join without knowing anyone, but the community here is so great and welcoming that you'll have more internet buddies than you can count before long!

Hope you enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

*showers with candy* Razz
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:44 pm

....WELCOME, MATE. *had to say it*

I hope you find this site to your liking and make friends with many of us. This is the most accepting forum I've ever been a part of, if that's any indication to you.

Again, welcome, and I hope to roleplay with you soon. :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:42 am

Totally just saying here but... "G'day Mate" would have been the correct thing to say. Razz

Also, one of my bosses thinks I'm from another country and says I have an accent that ISN'T Australian. This is news to me.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Dreamless Days wrote:4) I'm a Gamer for life.

'nough said. Everything else was simply filler. Welcome aboard. Cool

... I was kidding about the filler.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Gadday, Mayte! cheers
Welcome to the FOG, Dreamless Days! I cannot belIEVE I haven't welcomed you yet!!

Welcome from a fellow Michael! High Five
We're everywhere. xD

Looks like you're already diving right in. I hope you're enjoying yourself immensely! Very Happy This is definitely the place for eliterate role-playing. Wink

I guess everybody else already covered the basics, so I guess I'll just see you around. ^^
Happy writing, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down