FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrible luck!

Go down

Terrible luck! Empty Terrible luck!

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:30 am

I'm not sure if this belongs here... but I needed to get something off my chest.

As of late, I've noticed my many FOG friends in various roleplays... ones I've asked to roleplay with me. It seems to me that either my roleplaying fails miserably, or that no one has interest in my choices for a roleplay.

I know, I know... I'm just being paranoid, but it just seems weird! I have maybe... five at the most roleplays going on outside of FOG, and I would just really like to have a few inside of FOG. Ones that don't fizzle out as soon as they start.

Now, I can post a decent amount, but not exactly enough to put me in the "advanced" category, and that's fine with me. I'm a casual sort of person when it comes to roleplay. I mean, come on people! I need to write with someone. I need my creative juices to flow!

The only reason I roleplay is to escape from life. Something that sends me off on a crazy adventure, gives me the chills from being scary. Anything! My passion is writing. Is that so wrong?

I've posted interest checks, I've chatted with FOG friends.... but nothing. Zilch on the FOG front. I have great ideas inside of my brain, even if half of them are zombie related. I understand that the zombie genre is getting old. That's why I said half, because I have other ideas waiting to be hatched inside of my brain and born onto the thread of a possibly amazing roleplay.

/end rant

Back to top Go down

Terrible luck! Empty Re: Terrible luck!

Post by Nation Wed May 25, 2011 12:48 am

It's the nature of the beast.

You can't always expect everything to go according to plan. As writers on the interwebs, we always have to consider the real-life factor.

Case and point: I was in an RP, which I very much enjoyed being a part of. Then a friend of mine, who was on vacation in Cairo, was arrested and was being held without a trial for much longer than he should have. Real life takes priority over a hobby and I dropped off the face of the Earth without telling the GM. I had to get my family's lawyer involved before my friend finally received counsel, was given a slap on the wrist and sent on his way back to the U.S. of A.

Had his tour guide not found my business card in his wallet, I would have never known what happened to him and there's a good chance he would have been held there for an indefinitely longer amount of time.

I was so overwhelmed with making phone calls and leaving messages and numbers and all this redundant minutia, that frankly the last thing I gave a damn about at that moment was some RP.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is don't sweat it. No matter how dedicated the writer is, real life will always take priority. It doesn't mean they've forgotten about the RP. It doesn't even mean they don't necessarily want to be a part of it anymore. It just means that certain circumstances have come into play which shift one's focus from a hobby back to the real world. Sometimes an idea you have right now might not work. Try it again a month down the road, maybe then things will change. People change, flavors change, tastes change, cravings change, etc. One month I may want to do Steampunk, and the next I might want to do a Loli x Vampire One x One roleplay.

Hope that eased your mind to some degree. Smile
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 1:19 am

Thanks, Nation.

I know real life takes priority, but I can't get a job around here where I live (there are crap places hiring... except for fast food, and I despise working there.) Besides... summer college starts up very soon, and I'll be so packed with homework and stuff, that I doubt I would have time to work. The summer semester is only June 6th through July 28th.

What I'm saying is that when I have free time, I need an outlet. It's either too hot, too cold, or too windy to go outside and have fun.

And with the friend thing... I do have friends. They work, they are busy... most of them moved out of town, etc.

It basically just sucks all around. Eh, whatever. Now if I can find someone who has an interesting sounding roleplay on here, I'll gladly join!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum