FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively)

+3
Gabe
Gadreille
Kail DeWraith
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Empty The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively)

Post by Kail DeWraith Wed May 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Here is the OOC for the soon to begin Role Play.

Following this post there will be several things to read through:

-Rules
-The Plot so far
-Character Sheet
-Information on Weapons

The Players
Ryona Noel
The Calamity
Gunneh
DeadEye
Squall Reyes
RavishingRen

*As of right now we are done accepting new people, although I will accept new people if someone drops out or doesn't post for a while, if you are still interested let me know so I can put it down in my notes*

Hope you enjoy! Once you've read through it all than post your character up and we will begin

Last edited by Kail DeWraith on Fri May 13, 2011 3:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Empty The Rules

Post by Kail DeWraith Wed May 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Rules

These are simple. Be decent to each other, follow the websites rules, etc. etc. Just use some common sense. 'Nuff said right?

In a perfect world I would like everyone to post at least once or twice a week. But I do realize everyone has a life and obligations to the real world. So I would like everyone to post at least once a week. If you don't post, I will contact you either in an IM service, PM, or someway to basically bug you about posting. If your don't post in 2 weeks your character will be either killed or role played that he/she is a coward and ran off. Something to that effect. The reason behind this is to keep inactivity from killing this role play. If something happens that you can't post, please let me know and we will set something up to where the story will work around your characters absence.

How this will be ran

I will be the DM/GM and will narrate this bitch for all of you. Everything I put in orange text will be part of the "scene" and everything in the normal white text will be NPC's. Hopefully this will be easier than trying to decipher between what an NPC is doing and what is going on in the scene.

----------------------

Here is a small example:

Billy and Tommy bust into the bank. The bank is a normal set up. The front doors of the bank led into marble stairs that take the two robbers up to the main floor. In the center of the bank is a hard wood help desk with three to four bankers helping customers. Along the wall to the right large windows covered in hardened steel bars look to the outside. To the left is a line of teller windows where customers are exchanging money with tellers. There are 6 different windows in all. To the very back is the large vault. The vault is locked and two guards armed with S&W .38 special revolvers. There are three other guards also in the bank. One sitting next to the telephone in the center help desk, the other two flanking the entrance. The patron's, employees, and guards all notice the two machine gun totting men rush up the stairs. The two guards at the top of the stairs move in slow motion. Their eyes widen, their respective gun hands move for their revolvers, and the weapons fumble from their hip holsters.

Bobby and Tommy don't hesitate. The report of their Thompson guns rip the guards apart. They hit the top of the stairs only to be raped by the guards and their revolvers.

---------------------------

I promise it won't be that quick nor that easy for everyone. I will be fair with you but I want this to resemble some sort of real life RP.

This is the rules. If you have any questions than please ask.

Last edited by Kail DeWraith on Wed May 11, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Empty The Plot/Overview

Post by Kail DeWraith Wed May 11, 2011 1:28 pm

The Plot/Overview

The 1930’s is a time of struggle. The common man struggles to get by with what little money he can make. In times like these the rich get richer and poor get poorer. The 1930’s is also the era of the bank robber and kidnapper. John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson, Pretty Boy Floyd, and Machine Gun Kelly all are running loose in the Midwest doing what they do best. They make thousands of dollars with little resistance from the police force.

The Syndicate, the ruling counsel of Organized Crime Bosses across the United States, allows the bank robbers to run free and do as they please as long as they pay tribute to the local Boss that allows them to operate in his area. In short, the 1930’s is paradise for the criminal.

Although many people know of the infamous bank robbers and kidnappers, very few have ever heard of the Brooklyn based Syndicate mercenaries known as the Outfit. Unlike Murder, Inc they are used for everything the Syndicate bosses want. From murder and kidnapping to extortion and personal body guards, the Outfit are a close knit group of underworld criminals that work for whoever pays the best.

The Outfit is what all of your characters are a part of. Each plays their own specific role and in the group but no one has a specific role aside from my character who is the unspoken leader (I do this for the simple reason to somewhat control the plot as it goes). They are currently living somewhere in New York or New Jersey. Having just finished a job, they are taking a much needed rest before another Capo or Boss hires them out again.

We will start off in our "down time" between the last bank robbery. Our boss, the Caporegime of one of the Families gives us a call and says he has a job for us that involves Ryona's character.

**The job will be detailed in my first post and I will possibly have some sort of a flashback from my characters point of view

I know this isn’t much of a plot but more of an overview of the time period and what your character will potentially be involved in. I will allow each of you free reign in deciding how your character fits into the group. If you have any more questions please either post them here or let me know through a PM.

Last edited by Kail DeWraith on Thu May 12, 2011 3:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Empty Character Sheet

Post by Kail DeWraith Wed May 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Here is the character sheet. Please do your best to make each character original. Don't use corny anime-ish names, make your character a perfect gun fighter, etc. etc. Try to make them a real person with faults, addictions, and problems.

Character Sheet

Name:
Ethnicity:
Weight:
Tattoos:
Scars:
Appearance: If you have a picture that would be nice, if not, do your best.
Clothing:
Skills: Lock picking, weapons, explosives, driving, hand held combat, whatever else you think a criminal in the 1930's would be good at.
Biography: This can be as long as you want. All I really want is an explanation of how your character got into the criminal underworld. If you can do that effectively in a few paragraphs, great. If you need a few pages, great.

Here is the character sheet. If you have any question please ask.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Empty Information on Weapons

Post by Kail DeWraith Wed May 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Common Weapons

This is a list of the most common rifles, shotguns, submachine guns, and pistols that were used during the 1930's. This is obviously not every gun that was in service either in a police officer, military, or criminal role. These are just the most common. Most the information was taken from Wikipedia but it all checks out from my own personal experience with firearms and specifically each of the guns I have owned or used. I know there is a lot to read through and by no means is it required. I put this up here just for the sake of those who are not familiar with firearms and their operation. If you have any questions please ask!

Long Guns

Thompson Submachine Gun
The Thompson is an American submachine gun, invented by John T. Thompson in 1919, that became infamous during the Prohibition era. It was a common sight in the media of the time, being used by both law enforcement officers and criminals. The Thompson was also known informally as: the "TSMG", the "Tommy Gun", the "Trench Broom", the "Trench Sweeper", the "Chicago Piano", the "Chicago Typewriter", and the "Chopper".
Early versions of the Thompson had a fairly high cyclic rate of fire, as high as 1,200 rounds per minute, with most police Model 1921 at 850 and military Model 1928 at 720. Later M1 and M1A1 Thompsons averaged 600 rpm. This rate of fire, combined with a rather heavy trigger pull and a stock with excessive drop, increases the tendency of the gun to climb off target in automatic fire. Compared to modern 9mm submachine guns, the .45 Thompson is quite heavy. This was one of the major complaints against the weapon made by servicemembers of militaries that issued the Thompson.
Although the drum magazine provided significant firepower, in military service it was found to be overly heavy and bulky, especially when slung on patrol or on the march. It was also rather fragile, and cartridges tended to rattle back and forth inside it, producing unwanted noise. For these reasons, the 20-round and later 30-round box magazines soon proved most popular with military users of the M1928A1, and drum compatibility was not included in the design of the wartime M1 and M1A1 models. The Thompson was one of the earliest submachine guns to incorporate a double-column, double-feed box magazine design, which undoubtedly contributed to the gun's reputation for reliability. In addition, the gun performed better than most after exposure to rain, dirt, and mud.
The select fire (semi- or full automatic) Thompson fires from the "open bolt" position, in which the bolt is held fully to rearward by the sear when cocked. When the trigger is depressed, the bolt is released traveling forcefully forward to chamber and simultaneously fire the first and subsequent rounds until either the trigger is released or the ammunition is exhausted.

Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR)
The Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) was a family of United States automatic rifles (or machine rifles) and light machine guns used by the United States and numerous other countries during the 20th century. The primary variant of the BAR series was the M1918, chambered for the .30-06 Springfield rifle cartridge and designed by John Browning in 1917 for the U.S. Expeditionary Corps in Europe as a replacement for the French-made Chauchat and M1909 Benet-Mercie machine guns.
The BAR was designed to be carried by advancing infantrymen, slung over the shoulder and fired from the hip, a concept called "walking fire"—thought to be necessary for the individual soldier during trench warfare. However in practice, it was most often used as a light machine gun and fired from a bipod (introduced in later models). A variant of the original M1918 BAR, the Colt Monitor Machine Rifle, remains the lightest production automatic gun to fire the .30-06 Springfield cartridge, though the limited capacity of its standard 20-round magazine tended to hamper its utility in that role.
The M1918 is a selective fire, air-cooled automatic rifle using a gas-operated long-stroke piston rod actuated by propellant gases bled through a vent in the barrel. The bolt is locked by a rising bolt lock. The gun fires from an open bolt. The spring-powered cartridge casing extractor is contained in the bolt and a fixed ejector is installed in the trigger group. The BAR is striker fired (the bolt carrier serves as the striker) and uses a trigger mechanism with a fire selector lever that enables operating in either semi-automatic or fully automatic firing modes. The selector lever is located on the left side of the receiver and is simultaneously the manual safety (selector lever in the "S" position – weapon is "safe", "F" – "Fire", "A" – "Automatic" fire). The "safe" setting blocks the trigger.
The weapon’s barrel is screwed into the receiver and is not quickly detachable. The M1918 feeds using double-column 20-round box magazines, although 40-round magazines were also used in an anti-aircraft role; these were withdrawn from use in 1927. The M1918 has a cylindrical flash suppressor fitted to the muzzle end. The original BAR was equipped with a fixed wooden buttstock and closed-type adjustable iron sights, consisting of a forward post and a rear leaf sight with 100 to 1,500 yard range graduations.

Springfield M1903
The M1903 Springfield, formally the United States Rifle, Caliber .30-06, Model 1903, is an American clip-fed, 5-shot, bolt-action service rifle used primarily during the first half of the 20th century. The 1903 rifle included a rear sight leaf that could be used to adjust for elevation. When the leaf was flat, the battle sight appeared on top. This sight was set for 546 yd (499 m), and was not adjustable. When the leaf was raised it could be adjusted to a maximum extreme range of 2,875 yd (2,629 m). The rear sight could also be adjusted for windage. The 1903A3 rear sight was an aperture sight adjustable both for elevation and windage.

Browning Auto-5 Shotgun
The Browning Automatic 5, most often Auto-5 or simply A-5, is a recoil-operated semi-automatic shotgun designed by John Browning. It was the first successful semi-automatic shotgun designed and remained in production until 1998. The name of the shotgun designates that it is an autoloader with a capacity of five shots, four in the magazine and one in the chamber.
The Browning Auto-5 is a long-recoil operated semi-automatic shotgun. Shells are stored in a tubular magazine under the barrel. When a chambered shell is fired, the barrel and bolt recoil together (for a distance greater than the shell length) and recock the hammer. As the barrel returns forward to its initial position the bolt remains behind and thus the spent shell is ejected. Then the bolt returns forward and feeds another shell from the magazine into the action. This type of long recoil action was the first of its kind and patented in 1900 by John Browning.
To load the weapon, shells are fed into the bottom of the action, where they are pushed into the tubular magazine. Most A-5s have removable plugs in the magazine which prevent more than 3 shells from being loaded (two in the magazine, plus one in the chamber) to comply with U.S. Federal migratory waterfowl laws, as well as some state hunting regulations. With the plug removed, the total capacity is 5 rounds. If the chamber is open (the operating handle is drawn back) the first shell loaded into the magazine tube will go directly into the chamber. The bolt then closes, and all further shells fed into the gun go into the magazine.
The A-5 has a system of friction rings that control the rate of recoil. Setting these rings correctly is vital to good shotgun performance and to ensure a long life to the weapon, by controlling excessive recoil. The friction rings are set based on the type of load to be fired through the gun.

Winchester Model 1897 Shotgun
The Winchester Model 1897, also known as the Trench Gun, Model 97 and M97, was a pump-action shotgun with an external hammer and tube magazine manufactured by the Winchester Repeating Arms Company. The Model 1897 was an evolution of the Winchester Model 1893 designed by John Browning. From 1897 until 1957, over one million of these shotguns were produced. The Model 1897 was offered in numerous barrel lengths and grades, chambered in 12 and 16 gauge, and as a solid frame or takedown. The 16-gauge guns had a standard barrel length of 28 inches, while 12-gauge guns were furnished with 30-inch length barrels. Special length barrels could be ordered in lengths as short as 20 inches, and as long as 36 inches. Since the time the Model 1897 was first manufactured it has been used by American soldiers, police departments, and hunters.
The Winchester Model 1897 evolved from the Winchester Model 1893. The Model 1897 and 1893 were both designed by John Browning. The Model 1897 is an external hammer shotgun lacking a trigger disconnector giving it the ability to slam fire. This means that the user can hold the trigger down while pumping the shotgun and once the pump is returned to the forward position the gun fires. The gun itself is classified as a slide action pump shotgun. It was the first truly successful pump-action shotgun produced. Throughout the time period the Model 1897 was in production, over a million of the type were produced in various grades and barrel lengths. 16-gauge guns had a standard barrel length of 28 inches, while 12-gauge guns were furnished with 30-inch length barrels. Special length barrels could be ordered in lengths as short as 20 inches, and as long as 36 inches. Along with various grades and barrel lengths, the Model 1897 came in two different chamberings. One was the 12 gauge and the other was the 16 gauge. The shells should be of the 2-¾ inch or 2-⅝ inch model. Any shells larger are not recommended. An average Model 1897 held 5 shotgun shells in the magazine tube. After including the one shell that could be held in the chamber, the average Model 1897 held a total of 6 shotgun shells. However, this would vary from grade to grade. When working the action of the Model 1897 the fore end is racked and a long slide comes out of the receiver and ejects the spent shell while simultaneously cocking the external hammer.

Winchester Model 10 Self Loading Rifle
The Winchester Model 1910 (also known as the Model 10) is a blowback operated self-loading rifle produced by the Winchester Repeating Arms Company beginning in 1910 with production ending in 1936. This rifle is fed from a 4-round capacity, detachable box magazine located immediately forward of the trigger guard. Winchester only chambered the model 1910 in the .401 Winchester Self-Loading or .401 WSL cartridge.

Handguns

Colt M1911
Browning's basic M1911 design has seen very little change throughout its production life. The basic principle of the pistol is recoil operation. As the expanding combustion gases force the bullet down the barrel, they give reverse momentum to the slide and barrel which are locked together during this portion of the firing cycle. After the bullet has left the barrel, the slide and barrel continue rearward a short distance.
At this point, a link pivots the barrel down, out of locking recesses in the slide, and brings the barrel to a stop. As the slide continues rearward, a claw extractor pulls the spent casing from the firing chamber and an ejector strikes the rear of the case pivoting it out and away from the pistol. The slide stops and is then propelled forward by a spring to strip a fresh cartridge from the magazine and feed it into the firing chamber. At the forward end of its travel, the slide locks into the barrel and is ready to fire again.
The military mandated a grip safety and a manual safety. A grip safety, sear disconnect, slide stop, half cock position, and manual safety (located on the left rear of the frame) are on all standard M1911A1s. Several companies have developed a firing pin block safety. Colt's 80 series uses a trigger operated one and several other manufacturers, including Kimber and Smith & Wesson, use a Swartz firing-pin safety, which is operated by the grip safety.

Webley Revolver
The Webley Revolver (also known as the Webley Break-Top Revolver or Webley Self-Extracting Revolver) was, in various marks, the standard issue service pistol for the armed forces of the United Kingdom, the British Empire, and the Commonwealths from 1887 until 1963.
The Webley is a top-break revolver with automatic extraction. That is, breaking the revolver open for reloading also operates the extractor. This removes the spent cartridges from the cylinder. The Webley Mk I service revolver was adopted in 1887. A later version, the Mk IV, rose to prominence during the Boer War of 1899–1902. However, the Mk VI, introduced in 1915 during the First World War, is perhaps the best-known model.
Firing the large .455 Webley cartridge, Webley service revolvers are among the most powerful top-break revolvers ever produced.

Savage Model 1907
The Savage Model 1907 a 10-round semi-automatic pistol produced by the Savage Arms Company of Utica, New York, from 1907 until 1920 in .32 ACP and from 1913 until 1920 in .380 ACP caliber. Although smaller in size, it is derived from the .45 semi-automatic pistol Savage submitted to the 1906-1911 US Army trials to choose a new semi-automatic sidearm. After several years of testing the Savage pistol was one of two finalists but ultimately lost to the Colt entry, which became famous as the Colt model 1911.
The model 1907 is often erroneously called a Model 1905 because of the date Nov. 21, 1905 date stamped into the top of the slide on all Savage semi-automatic pistols. This is the date Elbert Searle was awarded one of his firearm patents, which were the design basis for all the Savage semi-automatic pistols.
Advertised with the slogan "Ten shots quick!", the model 1907 was very popular because, despite its small size, it had a 10 round magazine. A safety lever is located on the left side of the pistol, at the upper rear of the grip. Model 1907s made from 1913 until 1917 had a collared barrel and a "loaded chamber indicator", allowing the shooter to tell by touching the shell ejection port whether a cartridge was chambered. The model 1907 uses no screws (even the grips snap into place) and is simple to strip. In 1912 the model 1907 underwent a major design revision modifying almost every major component.
As with most semi-automatics, the pistol is readied for firing by pulling back and releasing the slide, which inserts a cartridge into the chamber and cocks the pistol. The recoil from firing a cartridge automatically extracts and ejects the empty shell, cocks the firing pin and loads another cartridge into the chamber, ready for firing.
Although the model 1907 was designed for civilian use, the French government purchased over 40,000 .32 ACP model 1907s between late 1914 and 1917 for the French military in World War I. These military "contract" pistols are recognized by the presence of a loaded chamber indicator and a lanyard ring, or mounting holes in the grip for a lanyard ring; lanyard rings were not available on civilian pistols. The Savage model 1907 pictured to the right is a French contract pistol.
Savage made two other very similar semi-automatic pistols, with many parts in common with the model 1907. The first was the "hammerless" (shrouded hammer) model 1915; the .32 model 1915 was made only in 1915 and 1916 and the .380 model from 1915 until 1917. Like the model 1907, the model 1915 uses no screws. The other is the model 1917, made from 1920 until 1926 in .32 and from 1920 until 1928 in .380. The model 1917 is mechanically the same as and shares almost all of its parts with the final version of the model 1907, but with a significantly larger handle. Because this required larger grips, the model 1917 uses one screw through each grip to hold them to the pistol frame.

Smith & Wesson Triple Lock Revolver
The Triple lock, officially the Smith and Wesson .44 Hand Ejector 1st Model 'New Century', is a double action revolver. It was and is considered by many, including handgun enthusiast and expert Elmer Keith, to be the finest revolver ever made.
Its popular name refers to its extra (third) locking lug on the cylinder crane. This extra locking mechanism was deemed necessary due to the increased power of the .44 Special cartridge (a lengthened .44 Russian, and itself the parent of the .44 Magnum), first chambered in the Triple Lock.
The .44 is part of the model name, regardless of the actual chambering of any individual revolver, and Hand Ejector is to differentiate the new design from Smith and Wesson's earlier top break revolvers. These 19th century designs had an automatic ejector mechanism actuated when the frame was tipped up. The newer Hand Ejector models required the user to depress a plunger to eject spent casings. The New Century designation was in recognition of its status as Smith and Wesson's first 20th century design.
It was only manufactured between 1908 and 1915, for a total of 15,376 revolvers, a stock that sold out completely by 1917. It was replaced by a .44 Hand Ejector 2nd Model, most visibly different in lacking the ejector shroud and third locking lug.
Smith & Wesson changed the design for several reasons: the British and Canadian military purchased the triple lock in large quantities for the Great War, chambered in .455 Webley, and pressed for the removal of the third locking lug and shroud due to concerns the precision mechanism would collect dirt and malfunction. Additionally, the change simplified manufacturing, allowing Smith and Wesson to drop the price of the gun $2, from $21 for the 1st Model to $19 for the 2nd Model. The ejector shroud was reintroduced in 1926, with the Hand Ejector 3rd Model, but the Triple Lock feature was never used again.

Browning Hi Power
The Browning Hi-Power is a single-action, 9 mm semi-automatic handgun. It is based on a design by American firearms inventor John Browning, and completed by Dieudonné Saive at Fabrique Nationale (FN) of Herstal, Belgium. Browning died in 1926, several years before the design was finalized. The Hi-Power is one of the most widely used military pistols of all time, having been used by the armed forces of over 50 countries.
The Hi-Power name alluded to the 13-round magazine capacity; almost twice that of contemporary designs such as the Luger or Mauser 1910. The pistol is often referred to as an HP (for "Hi-Power" or "High-Power") or as a GP (for the French term, "Grande Puissance"). The term P-35 is also used, based on the introduction of the pistol in 1935.
The Browning Hi-Power has undergone continuous refinement by FN since its introduction. The pistols were originally made in two models: an "Ordinary Model" with fixed sights and an "Adjustable Rear Sight Model" with a tangent-type rear sight and a slotted grip for attaching a wooden shoulder stock. The adjustable sights are still available on commercial versions of the Hi-Power, although the shoulder stock mounts were discontinued during World War II. In 1962, the design was modified to replace the internal extractor with an external extractor, improving reliability.
Standard Hi-Powers are based on a single-action design. Unlike modern double-action semi-automatic pistols, the Hi-Power's trigger is not connected to the hammer. If a double-action pistol is carried with the hammer down with a round in the chamber and a loaded magazine installed, the shooter may fire the pistol by simply pulling the trigger. In contrast, a single-action pistol must be cocked manually before the first shot, either by thumbing the hammer back, or by pulling the slide to the rear and releasing it. In common with the M1911, the Hi-Power is therefore typically carried with the hammer cocked and the safety catch on (a carry mode often called cocked and locked in the USA or "made ready" in the UK, or sometimes called condition one).
The Hi-Power, like many other Browning designs, operates on the short-recoil principle, where the barrel and slide initially recoil together until the barrel is unlocked from the slide by a cam arrangement. Unlike Browning's earlier Colt M1911 pistol, the barrel is not moved vertically by a toggling link, but instead by a hardened bar which crosses the frame under the barrel and contacts a slot under the chamber, at the rearmost part of the barrel. The barrel and slide recoil together for a short distance but, as the slot engages the bar, the chamber and the rear of the barrel are drawn downward and stopped. The downward movement of the barrel disengages it from the slide, which continues rearward, extracting the spent case from the chamber and ejecting it. After the slide reaches the limit of its travel, the recoil spring brings it forward again, stripping a new round from the magazine and pushing it into the chamber. This also pushes the chamber and barrel forward. The cam slot and bar move the chamber upward and the locking lugs on the barrel reengage those in the slide.
The Hi-Power has two flaws: The standard trigger pull is heavy, especially for a single-action pistol. This disadvantage is a consequence of the Hi-Power's magazine safety design, which was initially added to the model to meet the requirements of the French military in 1935. The standard Hi-Power magazine safety is connected to the trigger and is released by a plunger pressing on the surface of the magazine. This action of the plunger on the magazine adds tension to the trigger pull, and the required force to operate this feature adds resistance as well. This problem is often resolved by removing the magazine safety entirely, thus voiding the pistol's warranty, or by polishing the interface surfaces between the safety plunger and the magazine. After-market trigger springs with reduced tension are also available to improve the trigger pull.
In addition, the pistol has a tendency to "bite" the web of the shooter's hand, between the thumb and forefinger. This bite is caused by pressure from the hammer spur, or alternatively, by pinching between the hammer shank and grip tang. Many HP owners fix this problem by altering or replacing the hammer, or by learning to hold the pistol to avoid injury. While a common complaint with the commercial models with spur hammers similar to that of the Colt "Government Model" automatic, it is seldom a problem with the military models, which have a smaller, rounded "burr" hammer, more like that of the Colt "Commander" compact version of the 1911.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Empty John Masterson

Post by Kail DeWraith Thu May 12, 2011 3:28 am

Here is my character. Along with that just so you all know the Plot has been updated to give you all a little more of an idea on what direction we will go with in the first part of this role play.

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) 2s92bv9

Name: John Masterson
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Height: 6’3
Weight: 265
Tattoos: praying angel on his back, crucifix over his heart
Scars: scar running from the left corner of his mouth back to his ear, two bullet scars on his stomach, one on his back right shoulder blade, knuckles scarred up from various fights
Clothing: John always wears expensive three piece suits in varying colors and fedora hats of varying colors, wear a silver crucifix and rosary beads around his right wrist
Skills: hand to hand combat, close quarter fighting, good with a knife, leadership instincts
Weapons: Twin Colt 1911s carried in shoulder holsters, Browning Hi Power pistol carried in the middle of his back, prefers a Winchester Model 1897 but is proficient using the Thompson.

Biography:
John originally grew up in New York just outside of Yonkers. He was a normal kid that played baseball, fished, and hunted deer. His mother stayed at home with him and his three sisters while his father worked in Brooklyn as a businessman. John never really knew what his father did but he understood that his dad never worried about money, he always wore a suit, and would always take his black leather brief case with him no matter where they went.

John dropped out of High School to go join the military to fight in Europe. At the age of 16 he was deployed to Europe as a soldier in a special trench fighting unit that specialized in the infiltration and clearing of enemy trenches. John was exceptionally good at what he did.

Coming home from the war, John’s father had aged considerably. Now a grown man at the age of 18, John’s father introduced him to the family business. John Sr. was the personal body guard and hired gun of the Genovese Crime family’s boss. John was taken under his father’s wing and learned the roped of being a body guard and hired muscle for the Genovese Family. Soon after he left his father’s “school of crime”, John hooked up with several low level soldiers for the Syndicate and started working as kidnappers and hit men. The small crew had gained national respect from all crime families across the nation. No one knew who exactly these men were but they all knew that they got the job done. In 1929 John was arrested for beating a New York Police officer almost to death while he was drunk. He was sent to Comstock Prison in upstate New York and did 5 years for the beating. The Genovese Family pulled some strings and his time shortened tremendously.

John came home to a new world. The economy was in a massive depression, no one had money, and his father had retired once the Genovese family Don stepped down from the throne. John was than given authorization to start his own small crew to follow the trend that John Dillinger had started. Robbing banks was a lucrative business along with loan sharking, extortion, and murder for hire.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Empty Re: The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively)

Post by Gadreille Sat May 14, 2011 2:57 pm

***keep in mind this character is created as a plot device. Her character may be changing greatly during this role play***

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Rita

Name: Rita Samson
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Height: 5’1”
Weight: 110 lbs
Tattoos: none
Scars: none
Clothing: At home she wears a variety of fashionable housedresses. When out on business with her father, she wears tailored suits with matching pert hats. For a formal evening, she wears sleek evening gowns with a variety of fur. She always wears the latest fashion.
Skills: manipulative, good judge of character, somewhat acrobatic; a dancer.

Biography:
Rita Samson is the daughter of her well off father, Joseph Samson. Mr. Samson is the VP of Proctor and Gamble, a company that sells household products. When the great depression hit, P&G began utilizing heavy advertising to stay afloat during a time when many businesses are failing. So far they are unscathed by the depression, their big players reaping the doe while others around them starve. Rita lives in her father’s shadow like a leech; spending his money on frivolous outings and material possessions. She was even given a position at P&G, a sort of honorary position where men around her pretend to listen to her ideas as they create their storylines for “soap opera advertising”. She sometimes even voices small parts in the radio programming.

She is Joseph Samson’s only biological child, but he spends more time and energy on his younger business partners than she. She is bored, an icon for tabloid speculation, and a woman of only mediocre talent. She also is stubbornly unmarried. After a few years of flirtation with various men, she began to realize that they only wanted her for her inheritance. In a search for love, passion or some ethereal emotion, there had been one instance where she was willingly cut off from her father. It was a rebellion of her youth, she left home and attempted to survive on her own with what little skill she has as an entertainer. She hoped to make it big on her own and be a star. This failed miserably, after she realized what “entertainer” can really mean in the underground world. Without Daddy keeping her afloat, she was nothing but a pretty stick to look at. It took less than a month before she crawled back home starving and broken.

Her father didn’t look happy to see her. She never told anyone what he had said to her, how he admitted his disappointment in her return. She was not allowed to tell anyone; what would the papers say if he turned his own daughter away? It would be scandalous, and scandal was the first step to failure in the business world. He forced her to put on her best suit and approach the press, revealing happy smiles and sincere words of love for a father to be reunited with his daughter. At one point, he even said “I would always do anything for her safe return”. A complete lie, but dangerous words for dangerous times.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Empty Re: The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively)

Post by Kail DeWraith Sat May 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Amazing Ryona!

Everyone else, please try and have your characters up tonight or tomorrow some time so we can start this role play.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat May 14, 2011 9:40 pm

(From reading Kail's CS, may I assume it is around 1934? I can change my timeline as needed if it's earlier/later than that.)

Name: Anthony Swain

Ethnicity: Caucasian, 3rd generation Irish immigrant

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 147

Tattoos: Celtic 'Bevel Cluster' circle-placed over his heart

Scars: None noteworthy, few and far between

Appearance: Ignore the cigarette and silly tie, they are VERY anachronistic.
The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) 3648631632_b0bd6a8bdb
Anthony is light haired and fair skinned, only slightly noting the fact that he's about 30% Irish. His body build is neither imposing nor meager, but slightly more fit than the average person. His hair is rarely kept well managed, but is normally hidden under a hat. His eyes are amber colored, accented by average eyebrows of unremarkable features. His overall facial appearance is light with clear complexion, a youthful looking jaw shape, and generally slender chin, which is normally covered by a small amount of stubble.

Clothing: Anthony wears suits typical of the time- a 3 piece outfit consisting of a coat, slacks, and button up collared shirt. Colors range from black to grays and browns, and on formal occasion, white. He prefers to not stand out, which often comes to his benefit. When 'on the job' he normally wears a leather button up coat similar to a US Navy pea coat. He normally wears either a driving hat or a fedora, depending on his mood.
Like a good number of gangsters of the time, Anthony has had many of his suit coats cut slightly wider in the shoulders to help hide the leather shoulder holster worn underneath.

Weapons: Webley Revolver carried in a blackened leather shoulder holster. On the opposite side, a small pouch carries about 24 extra rounds. While on a job he carries a Springfield 1903 with an attached Unertal scope. Depending on the situation, whether or not subtlety is needed, etc, he sometimes forgoes the rifle for a Winchester 1897 shotgun.

Skills: Surveying, memorization, navigating, driving, hiding in plain sight. Familiar with most commonplace weapons, but only truly proficient with his revolver and bolt action Springfield.

Biography: Anthony was born in August 1908 and raised in New York City, NY. He lived an unremarkable, plain life in a somewhat poor household. When he was 8, his house was sacked by anti-Irish nationals, not uncommon in many neighborhoods where any kind of immigrant was still considered sub-human. During the confrontation, Anthony's father was shot to death, leaving his mother and 6 siblings to fend for themselves. Still bitter and struggling to survive when he was 11, he ran from home and took any odd job he could find.

Hope came in the form of a fat Italian racketeer named Salvatore. He found Anthony on a street corner starved half to death and begging for work. A few weeks later, Anthony was delivering packages, 'insurance offers', and warning notices to many local stores across the city. He quickly became familiar with the neighborhoods and back alleys of the city, and learned to be inconspicuous when making certain deliveries after the American Prohibition act was adopted. Unfortunately, this niche didn't last.

Salvatore was gunned down by police on October 30 1929, just days after the massive stock market collapse. The details of the events are still unknown to Anthony, who was now neck deep in the underground crime world of New York, but still not officially affiliated with any crime family. Seeking shelter from police and potential violence from other families, Anthony scored a deal with the Genovese family and started fresh again. Using his detailed knowledge of the city and subtlety for their gain, he became a popular choice when open violence wasn't expedient. That said, he was taught how to handle several types of guns and has become respectably proficient.

(I'll leave the rest open about how he got roped in with Masterson's gang, that can be settled through collaboration or just assumed that he got recruited at a plot-convenient time)

I'll go ahead and pitch my gun knowledge here too. Kail has posted a very generous and realistic set of weapons common to the time. I have gotten to handle reproductions of a few of these weapons, and am in general a gun-savy person. I invite anyone to ask just about anything about these weapons if they're unsure about something (and are as freakishly detail oriented as I am).
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat May 14, 2011 9:50 pm

I admittedly know very little concerning some aspects of this RP, but I couldn't turn down a chance to work with Kail, so feel free to grill me on anything I might get wrong as I progress. Obviously right now I don't have much to work with IC wise, but if the plot flows as Kail has planned, there may be a time where I need such knowledge!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun May 15, 2011 1:47 am

As always DeadEye, great stuff. And don't even worry about it Ryona. You will do fine. It is a pleasure being able to write and work with you all.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sun May 15, 2011 10:57 am

I'll have mine up today Kail. Works been running me around the bend. Worse case. Monday.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RavishingRen Sun May 15, 2011 11:02 am

I apologize in advance for the late posting of this. I had every intention to post last night; however, my fiance is Navy and we discovered Friday night that he had to leave today for five weeks--I'm considering this an acceptable reason, feel free the bludgen with words later. On the bright side: this means I will have plenty of time to focus on my writing and dedication to the RP. And without further delay....

Name: Born: Raven D'Lesandro Now: Raevyn Cottone

Ethnicity: Caucasian of Italian ancestory

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 117lbs

Tattoos: A tiny gray cross with with a heart wrapped around the meeting points over her heart. A crude long-stemmed rose up the expanse of her right side, with the stem going down onto the upper thigh. All in simple black ink.

Scars: A thin scar that runs from behind the left ear, down to the left collar bone, usually unnoticable due to how she wears her hair. Scars that run from mid-forearm, down to the elbow, on each arm, about 5/8 of an inch wide. Several cigar burns tracing the outline of her shoulder blade. Some scarring around the rose tattoo.

Appearance: (Oh gosh, I really detest using pictures, I'm not going to lie, but I shall present, because I know it gets a better feel for the characters and other folks.)
The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Raeyvn10
Raevyn is a woman of short stature, even for being a woman. She has hair that appears to be black; however, it is simply that dark of a shade of brown, with piercing green eyes the color of fresh grass. She tends to not wear make-up during her hours at her day job, but when night rolls around you'd be hard-pressed to recognize her for who she is. She is just short of an athletic build for a woman, though hard to tell due to the generous chest and hips that her hertiage so adorned her with. Finishing the package that is Raevyn is the round face and larger nose of so many other Italians.

Clothing: During the day Raevyn can be found wearing any number of seemingly off-the-rack dresses, all of which she has made herself from fabric acquired here and there, so as to allow for her size and stature, as well as creating places within her clothing where she could easily conceal weapons that allow her to ease her paranoia of being attacked. When night arrives and she is on duty she can usually be found in varying arrays of blacks, reds or greens also tailored by her into skirt suits, or pants suits, depending on what the job of the evening requires her to do. Very rarely does she wear evening gowns; however, she does have one or two stashed aside for just in case situations.

Skills: Deceivingly strong for her size; however still unlikely to win in a fight of brute strength. Strategist. Bilingual (English-Italian). Ability to blend into any situation, whether it be criminal undeworld, or extravagant dinner party, without really being a memorable face. Expert shot with Webley Revolver. Okay shot with Smith & Wesson Triple Lock Revolver. Good with knives, while a seemingly useless skill, even though you shouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight, most still don't anticipate a lady to be in any fight. Can be quite the charmer for a lady.

Biography: Coming to the Americas at the age of four, right around the peak time of immigration for Italians, proved to have many advantages for the then Raven. As a small child, while Italians were still not a found character of the already American population, she was quite adorable. Raven learned to use the ability of having a child's charm and innocence to be able to work as an apprentice in a flower shoppe, mostly plucking leaves off of stems, and sweet talking the gentlemen into buying more flowers for their members of affection. Earning pennies a day allowed her to bring home enough to provide for her and her younger brother, while her father's wages could cover for his and her mother's expenses. Granted most of these expenses covered Father's drinking and gambling habits.
By the time Raven was sixteen, she began to bloom into a lovely young woman, bringing more men into Fannie's Flowers than had ever been seen before. Fannie, seeing the advantages of this, began to use Raven as a poster child, placing her at the front counter of the store, bringing in orders and beginning to teach her the craft of creating flower arrangements. Raven leaped at the opportunity, not wanting anything to do with suitors, but because of the raise in pay Fannie offered. Barely anything more than she was previously working, but allowing her more hours, and more money to support her then thirteen-year-old brother, who was receiving more abuse from their father than she had ever seen before.
Everything seemed to be going well, until she came home one evening to see her brother with a knife in hand, and her mother holding her father's arms back as he tried to beat her brother to death, blood dripping from a cut that was no where near fatal on his side. Walking in on the scene Raven screamed, demanding to know what was going on, and shocking her brother into turning around too quickly, flailing the knife and causing the scar running behind her ear and down her neck. Her brother quickly dropped the knife, and screamed at her to run. At the time, Raven had no idea what was going on, but later wished she would have run.
The following day all had seemingly calmed down in their household, but her brother was not permitted to speak to her. Try as she may she could not separate him from their father's side. Supper time came, and that's when the knock on the door arrived. In a house as small as theirs, it was easy to hear the conversation at the front door, and watching as tears streamed down her brother's face, she realized just as it was being said,
"I've come to collect your debt--the girl leaves with me, tonight." Her own father had gambled her away.
For a while, it didn't seem so bad. The man who'd won her, Jeffrey Moretti, seemed nice enough. He still permitted her to work for Fannie. Raven was able to receive letters from her brother, though they were far and few between, and extremely rushed. Two years went by, and then Moretti changed. He became abusive. Blamed all of his newfound money problems on her because she split her wages and still sent some home to her brother. Burned her in places that wouldn't be seen during the day, in hopes he could whore her out for funding. Then one day, she just snapped. She knew how her brother felt the night he'd taken a knife to their father. So she took a page from his book, and waited for Moretti to come home. She'd sewn a long, thin pocket inside one of her dresses, that allowed her to hide a steak knife within, without cutting herself. She waited behind the door of the small apartment they were in, and when he walked in, she aimed higher than her brother had, misjudging on Moretti and stabbing the knife straight into his collar. Little did she know, that was the night Moretti brought home company.
The man that had seen it all, didn't strike her, as she anticipated, but was impressed. He'd already had a revolver out, pointed at Moretti's back, awaiting to shoot him and take any items he'd had in the apartment. He introduced himself as Greco, and that's it. He invited her to partake in a new world. A new life. And so she did.
Changing her name up, she became Raevyn. Arm candy to gentlemen at events, though never more, and owner of Budding Blossoms. The one flower shoppe where by day you could buy flowers for your loved ones, and by night you could smuggle anything you wanted within a beautiful bouquet, if the price was right.
RavishingRen
RavishingRen
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.ravishingren.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RavishingRen Sun May 15, 2011 11:04 am

Wow, sorry to have gotten so long-winded in the biography there. X.x;; Got a little more into it than I thought.
RavishingRen
RavishingRen
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun May 15, 2011 2:02 pm

No worries Squall, that is completely understandable.

Its great Ren. We will wait until the rest of the characters are up before we start.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Calamity Sun May 15, 2011 11:09 pm

I don't want to seem like I am holding things up; however, I won't be able to get a sheet up until Monday evening or more realistically Tuesday afternoon. If this is a problem please bring it to my attention and I will withdraw.
The Calamity
The Calamity
Mist
Mist

Male

http://roleplayerguild.com/f46/the-calamitys-character-page-8264

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Mon May 16, 2011 2:14 am

Alright Calamity, that should be fine. Just an announcement for everyone Tuesday is the deadline for Characters to be up. I do not want this RP to die. So, if you do not have a character up by Wednesday at 12:01 AM you will be removed from the RP and I will add someone else. I don't want to be a prick about this but like I said I refuse to let this RP die. If you have some concern, question, or anything else PM me and we will see what we can do.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Mon May 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Name: Julio Garcia (Alias Tony Romero)
Ethnicity: Hispanic (Pretend Italian in the face of the mob)
Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 230lbs
Tattoos: The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Virgin_Mary_tattoo_drawing_by_L1V3 Virgin Mary on his back.
Scars: A long scar on the top of his right arm from his elbow to his wrist which he got from a knife fight as a child.
Appearance: Appearance: Julio is a bigger man, he would be a great enforcer for any mob family. Or when you robbing a bank he is the perfect intimidation man to threaten and maybe smack around the bank manager who could be giving you trouble. Standing at about 6'6" and 230 pounds, Julio is often a mountain in front of small bank tellers and managers. His body is not toned or ripped in anyway, more of a mass of muscle than a sculpture. His eyes are almost black and his glare is said to cut to the soul. His short black hair is naturally curly and her nearly always sports a charming smile which is replaced by hair raising glare when on the job.
Clothing: A man of his time, Julio usually wears a 3 piece black suit complete with fedora when on the job. The coat makes hiding shotguns and Tommy guns a much easier task.
Skills: Skills: If it has a lock he can break it, if it has moving parts he can fix it and more importantly if it's a gun he can blow someone away with it. Julio has always had a great interest in engineering and took his interest into books. His knowledge of engines and locks means that he always has something to do. During the job he makes the boom, off the job he makes sure the car can out run any of the G-men's rides.
Weapons: On the job he tends to carry a Tommy gun on his belt and a Winchester Shotgun in his hands. He also keeps a Colt M1911 for those rare occations that something is alive after letting loose with the other two weapons. Outside the job he keeps the M1911 handy in a shoulder holster along with a Browning Hi power in the middle of his back.

Biography: Julio was born to in Mexico City, and hit the first 10 years of his life was one of constant moving. First from Mexico to Tijuana then across the border to Texas and eventually moving all the way up to Chicago. Once settled the family began to try and build an honest like for themselves in the new land. Something struck Julio however, something he could only call a desire. A desire to keep moving. He had become so use to being on the move that the now static surroundings was a bore.

It was because of this boredom Julio began acting out, and though he was a very good student he would cut classes regularly and wonder the city. Getting into fights with bigger kids, learning to pick pocket. The young Julio was quickly on his way to a life of crime as the boredom drove him to push his limits more and more each day. Then he heard around town about men with power, and men who's whole life revolved around going from place to place.

Julio ran from home at the age of 16 and moved to New York City to try and join one of these "crews". The move accomplished two things for him. 1. He would be able to start fresh, no one new his name or his origins and since racism was still the norm even for those groups this meant he could make his way up the ladder by his skills alone. And 2. He got the hell out of Chicago and if "Tony" has his way, he'll die in a place he's never been before with as much money and women as possible.

Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Mon May 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Kail, I'm gonna try to get my sheet up later tonight, but I'm currently babysitting a couple of lightweight drunks, sooo.... Yeah. I'm pre-occupied at the moment XD
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Empty Dorian "Calamity" Gregory

Post by The Calamity Mon May 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Name: Dorian “Calamity” Gregory, also known as Dorian McGregor

Ethnicity: Caucasian, of Irish Decent

Height: 6’1”

Weight: 198 lbs

Tattoos: Dorian has no tattoos to speak of as a matter of religious determination.

Scars: Dorian’s lower legs are severely scarred as the remnants of shrapnel shards which had been removed after his involvement with the revolution but otherwise are nearly anonymous with anything identifiable.

Appearance:
The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Incorruptibles01

Clothing: Generally speaking, Dorian exclusively prefers a black suit with a tailored red shirt beneath it and refuses to wear a tie. A pair of black low heel shoes and Italian braided belt with a gold button accents outfit. The black fedora that commonly adorns his head is decorated with a small red feather.

Weapons: Dorian often carries a few sticks of dynamite on his lower back. His preferred weapon is the Thompson submachine gun but as a rather cumbersome and hard to conceal weapon he has chosen to wield dual Browning Hi-Power hand guns carried under his sports court that may or may not be used at the same time.

Skills: Militarily Trained with Explosives and some Fire Arms, Maintains a few military contacts that have relocated to America, Moderately Proficient with Hand-to-Hand combat.

Biography:

[…]

Most notably about Dorian’s upbringing was that he had been heavily influenced his Father’s membership as an Irish Volunteer, where its declared primary aim was to secure and maintain the rights and liberties common to the whole people of Ireland. As a member of the Irish Volunteers, Shane McGregor regularly exposed Dorian to vulgar displays of aggression towards their British rulers. While his mother, Rebecca worked tirelessly to limit how much Dorian had been exposed to she was a woman in Ireland where the father-figure had been the main influence over the children and had the final say.

It was despite the McGregor’s catholic heritage and upbringing that the family regularly participated in cursing the British rule and rallying against their oppression. Shane made sure that his family went to church every Sunday and recited their prayers every evening before bed. The McGregor family regularly attended Confession and practices penance. Even as a business owner, Shane and Rebecca regularly provided charity and aided their fellow Irishman as best they could when necessary. However, it did not prevent Dorian from growing up in a violent home built on aggression influenced by a feeling of unlawful British rule.

As a young adult Dorian was influenced greatly by his father’s participation in the Easter Rising, an insurrection staged in Ireland during the week of Easter in 1916. Along with his fellow Irish Republicans, Shane McGregor aimed to sever the British rule over Ireland. After seven days of fighting, the uprising was suppressed and its leaders court-marshaled and executed.
After the fall of the Irish Volunteers, Dorian was swept into the fray by the propaganda of an Irish republican revolutionary military organization known as the Irish Republican Army. From 1919 to 1921, Dorian as well as the majority of the inhabitances of Ireland was swept up in a guerilla campaign against British rule in Ireland during the Irish War of Independence. It was during the war that Dorian was taught to shoot and more specifically how to blow things up. In between blowing the British up or shooting them, Dorian became better acclimated to combat with his fists.

After the Anglo-Irish Treaty was signed in 1921, ending the Irish War of Independence the McGregor family had been negatively influenced by the separation of Irish Republican Army. Shane and subsequently by mere association his wife and youngest child Sophie were strong standing members in the Anti-Treat Irish Republican Army with the intention of creating a fully independent all-Ireland republic. However, Dorian was better acclimated with those who supported the treaty residing within the nucleus known as the Irish National Army.

In Ireland, 1922 and 1923 were marked by months of strife as the two separate entities that together had one comprised the Irish Republican Army fought in civil war. Dorian had been banished from the McGregor home. Despite Rebecca’s pleas, Shane had the final word. Sophie had not even gotten to say “slán go fóill.”

There had been little direct contact between Dorian and his father Shane during the war he did sporadically hold conversations with his mother typically with the written word. Of course, this was while he was still able to walk. It was during this the civil war that Dorian had been injured by the effects of a shrapnel grenade that he failed to acknowledge. While the blast did not directly injure him, the shards of shrapnel that had been flung through the air severely tore up his legs. As a result, Dorian had been confined to the bed of a comrade.

While Dorian had been confined to the makeshift hospital that had been a comrade’s basement, there was not a single visitor. It was by this time that Dorian had begun to refer to his father by Shane, so he expected very little to actually see him. However, his Mother and Sister would have come had they known. Dorian was informed a letter had been sent home, but he felt that it was probably thrown away by his Father. On any accord, Dorian felt disconnected from his family and as a result he had been persuaded to journey to the land of opportunities while accompanying a comrade who sought to be reunited with his brother.

[ . . . ]

Once on the other side of the pond, Dorian had provided a great deal of aid in helping a friend find his brother. Unfortunately, despite their attempts to hunt through the vast Irish neighborhood the two of them came up empty handed. Their entire purpose had seemingly been lost. The two of them turned to the community in search of work. However, amidst the mid-twenties potential employees were high – immigrants were forced to compete for lower wages.

Dorian’s first and only real job in America was at a textile mill in New York City. It was his job to load and unload trucks. Unfortunately, it was not his job to notice the strange shipment of alcohol that came with it. At one point, as Dorian was helping to unload a truck he dropped a crate which contained the alcohol. It broke open and thus exposed the bottles of hooch. As a result, Dorian was not only beaten senseless and thrown into a back alley but he was also without a job.

Without a job, Dorian had little to offer to the people he was living with and subsequently had been thrown out of his apartment. Toss out into the gutter on his ass Dorian had no place to turn except to crime. Dorian began roughing people up in the streets, stealing their wallets and their personal belongings. It was not long before people he knew had begun to elicit his services to collect debts or deliver retribution. A few conversations regarding the Irish Republican Army and a couple of very close friends had begun to defraud their Insurance Companies when Dorian began to blow businesses and other buildings up for profit.

It was at this moment in which Dorian McGregor was coined “Calamity.” While the papers had not pinpointed one particular nationality or ethnicity in regards to the common explosions seen throughout Manhattan Island and part of New York City the did often refer to the events as “Another Calamity Hits New York,” or “Shop Owner Devastated by Calamity.” As it were, his friends and those who were looking to use his services had started to call him “the Calamity.” Unfortunately, the old crimes that started him on his path of crime did not stop.

[ . . . ]

Just as the decade turned over, Dorian had made the mistake of roughing up an Italian man; a young Carlo Gambino. While Dorian had no idea at the time, he had actually nearly pummeled to death a member of the D`Aquila Mangano Organization. It was the biggest mistake of his life as it had almost put him in the morgue. It was as Dorian fought for his life by pulling out a stick of dynamite that the men who had been sent to kill him were thwarted. Instead of killing him, they brought him to the Capo where he was persuaded to join them.

[ . . . ]

Interrogated by a few of Manhattan’s dirtiest cops, Dorian’s reputation as an Irishman had made him particularly hated amongst the Sicilians and he knew this. There was an Irish immigrant showing up the mafia with his work? Dorian counteracted this hatred by proclaiming that his name was not actually Dorian McGregor but Dorian Gregory. People had mistaken his name because of the accent he carried. He did not lie to them about being an immigrant; however, he told them he was from England and lived in a small town near the border where he often encountered the Irishmen and thus picked up their accent.

[ . . . ]

However, Dorian was not an Italian or Sicilian immigrant. His heritage could never be traced back to the old country. Despite his ability and his usefulness, Dorian could never become a member of the mafia. But after carrying out a few explosions to defraud insurance companies for the D`Aquila Manganos and Dorian’s infraction against Carlo Gambino had virtually been erased. Now, the family merely keeps him on retainer for especially difficult jobs or those jobs requiring a rather big bang.

[ . . . ]

Last edited by The Calamity on Tue May 17, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Calamity
The Calamity
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Mon May 16, 2011 11:36 pm

Thanks everyone. Looks great. Gunneh, no worries. Do your best to get it up tonight or tomorrow.

A warning to everyone, I am in training this week and next week so I am working 12 hour days if not more. That doesn't mean we won't be getting this going this week but the posts I put up will be a little more spaced out than I would like. Sorry about this. I hope everyone is excited for this Role Play, I sure as hell am!
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue May 17, 2011 5:31 am

Name: Marcus “Lightning” Kincade

Ethnicity: Third-Generation Irish Immigrant

Height: 5’8”

Weight: 200 lbs.

Tattoos: None.

Scars: Multiple scars on his knuckles from fist fights, two scars one his left shoulder-blade from being shot and a long gash from the knee to the hip of his right leg.

Appearance:

The Outfit OOC (Closed Tentatively) Pretty-boy-leonardo-dicaprio

Clothing: Marcus usually tries to keep everything casual due to the frequent likelyhood of him getting into some kind of scrape because he’s a part of Masterson’s outfit: A white button-down shirt, opened at the collar, a pair of black trousers with white pinstripes, a pair of black suspenders with a white double-stripe up the middle and a sleek, always shined - but mostly scuffed - pair of black shoes. When he does dress up, though, he normally wears just about the same thing, but with black tie (always tied in a Windsor knot), a black-with-white-pinstripes coat that very nearly matches his pants, is snug around the shoulders and middle, but ends around four inches below his waist and a black bowler derby.

Skills: Marcus has an excessive knowledge of New York City as a whole and escape routes from just about anywhere, is very capable of handling himself in a fist-fight, a mean shot with his M1911A1 pistols (Casual: One carried in the waistband of his pants on the small of his back, Formal: Double shoulder holsters hidden under the jacket), a decent shot with an M1903 rifle, can cause a world of hurt on someone with a good ol’ Louisville Slugger, is quick as greased lightning (hence the nickname) and can play a mean trumpet.

Biography: “I don’t think any of you really give a shit as to where I came from, so how’s about I just skip to the good parts, huh? ‘Round fourteen, I think it was, I decided to get as far away from home as possible. No particular reason, I think, but it just kinda seemed like the thing to do at the time, ya know? Of course you do. Hell, most of ya prob’ly did the same damned thing when you felt the gettin’ was good.

Anyway, I got the hell out of there and never looked back. Problem was, y’see, that I couldn’t seem to find a job anywhere in this damned city. So there I was, just a lad and tryin’ to steal my way into not starving to death. Got caught plenty of times, too, but they never really caught me, if y’get my drift. I was too quick for those fat, Italian bastards. I believe one of ‘em mighta chased me all the way around Hell’s Kitchen once, but....

Shit, I’m gettin’ away from the story again. Where was I? Oh yeah.

Well, I’m guessin’ that I musta caught the someone’s attention, because, one day, this big, goofy-lookin’ goon came up to me askin’ if I wanted a job. Said he worked for some Capo named D’Angelico that needed someone to run messages between the bosses. Said he needed somebody quick and said that somebody was me, of all people. Well, what the hell was I supposed to say? Was I supposed to turn the job down and get on the wrong side of this ugly sonuvabitch? Besides, it was a nice change to not be stealing from nobody. So I ran D’Angelico’s messages for about five years, and I’m pretty damn sure I made some enemies along the way: Seems the bosses for these other families didn’t like having me runnin’ shit through their turf to get it where it needed to be. That’d be how I got those two bullet-holes in my shoulder and the gash in my leg, ‘cept that was from jumpin’ off a fire escape tryin’ not to get shot.

After those five years, though, I guess I’d worked enough to get a “promotion.” D’Angelico put me up as a loan shark out in Hell’s Kitchen. I can’t say I liked takin’ all that money from all those people, but the money was damn good and I was prob’ly about as close to being a made man as I was ever going to get, so I didn’t complain. It was about two years after that that I saw my first show that Glenn Miller and his Orchestra put on down at one of the clubs in town and I was hooked. I called in a favor from D’Angelico and he let me go under the circumstances that he could call me back if he ever really needed me. So I picked up my horn and joined up with Glenn Miller as one of his trumpeters.

Did I not say I could play trumpet? Dammit, I meant to say that somewhere.

Anyway, lookin’ back on everything now, I shoulda known that I wouldn’t be out for long, but I enjoyed whatever time I spent on the road with them before I got a message from the new Capo that had taken D’Angelico’s place. Said that my old boss had went and got himself shot in broad daylight and that my services were needed, so I packed my bags, said my goodbyes and headed back to New York as quick as I could. I believe I was just about twenty-nine when I finally got unpacked back in Hell’s Kitchen and got set up loan sharkin’ again, ‘cept this time they had me workin’ on the side carryin’ out some low-level hits.

By the time I was thirty, I was out of bein’ a shark and was out there doin’ some bigger hits. By thirty-one I had the G-Men puttin’ up pictures of my face in newspapers and other places, and on my thirty-first-and-a-half birthday, the Syndicate knew my name and shacked me up with Masterson.

And that’s pretty much the end of the story for now, I suppose.”
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Wed May 18, 2011 12:20 am

Looks great Gunneh. Expect the first post either tonight (May 17th) or tomorrow sometime. Sorry for how indefinite that is, but I promise I will get it up.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sat May 21, 2011 4:10 pm

I apologize everyone, this is still up and going. I got busy between both jobs and trying to sleep. Anyway, I am now writing the first post for the RP. Sorry about the delay, I hope you are all still interested.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Calamity Sat May 21, 2011 7:12 pm

I was starting to get a little concerned to be completely honest. I am far to well accustom to ICs and OOCs being taken to the breaking point before the creator either mysteriously disappears or worse, jumps in saying "just kidding, I am not serious about this..." or something along those lines.

On any accord, I am still extremely interested in this piece and hopefully it will be up rather soon. Sadly, I am probably going to spend the entire night writing up some posts so...I'll be on and off watching out.

Good luck to you Mr. DeWraith.
The Calamity
The Calamity
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RavishingRen Sat May 21, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm still here, anxiously awaiting the first post.
RavishingRen
RavishingRen
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon May 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Still interested, standing by for the opening post.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sat May 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Hey, sorry everyone! This is still open. Unfortunately this has been the first chance I've had in the past week or more to sit down and try to write something up. Expect something to be put up today asap! Apologies again!
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Just want to let you know I am finally getting to see Public Enemies, so hopefully I'll get a better feel for this story before we start! Kail, if you don't have time for a big opener, I wouldn't worry too much. Just put something small up to get people started Smile

Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RavishingRen Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:29 am

Kail, I know life is busy honey, but don't forget about usss. I know that was your big fear. Sometimes I know it takes a boot in the butt to get up and goin' again, so consider this boot to butt.
RavishingRen
RavishingRen
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next