FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treasure of the Seven Seas

3 posters

Go down

Treasure of the Seven Seas Empty Treasure of the Seven Seas

Post by SanityStealer Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:40 pm

The beginning of a legend...

Long, long ago, the dreaded pirate ship Maelstrom sailed the seven seas. Though it made a living via piracy, it was a good sort of ship, with a decent captain, an excellent first mate, and the hardiest crew a ship could hope for. Unfortunately, the captain was an unlucky man, and as the raids grew less and less successful, the crew grew more and more mutinous. Finally, one John Drubber rose up. He killed the captain, the first mate, and took over the ship. Drubber appointed his loyal supporter Evan Fassel to be his first mate, and together the two turned the Maelstrom into a far more feared ship with a reputation for bloodthirstiness and ruthlessness.

The story really begins a few years after this, when rumor of a great sea treasure was whispered into Drubber's ear. The treasure was said to be great; gold, pearls, rubies, and everything valuable was said to be part of it -- but the location was secret to all, and the place was said to be so difficult to get to that only a magical creature of the sea would be able to get there -- a mermaid.

Drubber managed to catch one. After demanding that she lead the way to the great treasure and being refused, he shoved her into a locked room aboard the Maelstrom with no light, tied her up, and left her there to be broken. And this, friends, is where the legend truly begins.

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Treasure of the Seven Seas Empty Re: Treasure of the Seven Seas

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 pm

This actually looks interesting. Which character would you be playing then?
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:49 pm

I'd be playing the captive mermaid, though I'd love it if we could play multiple characters so as to get the entire pirate crew in on it.

There's actually a bit more to the plot then that... May I ask if you can play males?

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:55 pm

I was actually more interested in playing the mermaid part. Unfortunately I've been thrusted into the male role too many times... especially that male dominant role. The idea of playing a victim for once attracted me and I assumed your character would be the captain because you named him and his first mate.

Sorry, love, but I'll have to back out.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Ah. It's okay; I completely understand. I was figuring that I could play the captain/first mate, but they're villains, so I didn't want them to be the main characters. The male main character would be much more like the boy who swabs the decks and probably as much of a victim as the mermaid.

Oh, well. Maybe we can RP something else later.

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:31 am

And this rp is why I backed out of hill top day care! I have no issues playing a male role, though I was wondering if you could too, like, double up you know?I know the captain's supposed to be a villain, but pirates are ambiguous right? Just rough...
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 am

0////0 I'm flattered. (That's a blushing face, by the way. XD)

Yeah, I can definitely double up! I was planning on it anyway -- there's generally many more male pirates than female pirates and there'll probably be more characters, some magical and some human, introduced along the way. The thing about the captain is yes, he's a pirate, but right now he's so bloodthirsty he isn't a good captain. He'd much rather torture his way into getting what he wants than doing an "honorable" pirate code... thing. I make sense sometimes, I swear.

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 am

A I see, I was thinking of making my feamle role actually the first mate. You know the legend of the Pirate Queen? Well at first she had to pretend to be a guy to work as a Pirate. She was not exposed until she exposed herself, even when the captain found out, due to the fact that the captain wanted to keep one of his best pirates on board, even though women were considered bad luck.

So I was planning on doing that with the first mate, and she's trying to keep everything together while the captain goes crazy? Eh, just an idea.

The cabin boy I think should be sort of a relunctant prisoner too, a blacksmith's son really, who is forced to sharpen the crew's weapons on the side of his duties to boot. He could try to learn how to use said weapons in secret too, and totally fail at it I reckon.

You make total sense I promise XD But yah, in that case I'm all for crazy Captain going bloodthirsty! Gives first mate reason for mutiny eh? heheheh
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:22 am

or he could be a captured scholar's apprentice! He could be all nerdy and know all of the legends and whatnot, that could help the crew out quite a bit.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:37 am

That is a brilliant idea and I applaud it. By all means, play the first mate, and feel free to change "his" name if you want. I really don't care all that much. It was sort of a placeholder name to begin with. XD

Oh, good. I like it when I make sense. Huzzah for deserved mutiny!

Oh, yes. Yes, yes, captured scholar's apprentice is a definite yes. AND the captain could believe he's pretty much worthless except as ransom or something. : ]

I was wondering, would you object to a romance within this epic tale of adventure?

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Awesome possum, Scholarly apprentice it is!

I like a bit of everything in rps, romance, drama, betrayal, blood and gore. And I have a soft spot for romance too(girls often do). So definetly I would like romance in this as well!

Also, about how old should my scholar apprentice be? I don't want him to be too young, but not an old fart either....

Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Yes! You're like me! I was thinking perhaps a bit of a romance between the mermaid and the scholar. XD

Hm... Sixteen/Fifteen? Ish?

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Sounds frickin' adorable! LOL And that age range works! Ok, maybe we can even get the icey first mate / soontobecaptain I'm going to make a bit of romance later while in the journey too.....wherever we're going....where ARE they going XD

I'll get to work on a bit of a profile for both of my characters right now, should be up in a hallf hour or so.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Yay! Yes, a romance for the first mate would be very fun. I think. They're heading towards the great treasure, but since the mermaid has to lead them there and she won't until after the second mutiny where the bloodthirsty captain is overthrown, I'm not entirely sure where that is yet. XD

Great! If you would post a discussion thread for this, that would be wonderful.

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:47 pm

it's up!
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist