FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4N0N4RMY [[OOC]]

3 posters

Go down

4N0N4RMY [[OOC]] Empty 4N0N4RMY [[OOC]]

Post by Inerio Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 pm

4͖̥̦̯̜̤͍̱̗͋͋̽ͤͪ͗̈ͤN̮̜̰̑͢͝0̶̢͈̬̲͚͉ͥ̓ͤ̏͌͠N̦͍̖͈̝ͩ̌͐ͩ͂͗4̛̪̤̞͇͉ͯ͒̐̒̑ͩ̊͝R̰͙̹̭͆ͥ̎̊̒̀̎̄͞M͚̮̎̈ͩ̔ͨ̍̍́Y̰̎͒̽ͤ̂͡

(Lookie here, I've come back and I've brought you all a shiny new roleplay. . . )

The internet, an amazing creation, used not only to share information but to bring people with common minds and interests together. Yet, despite all the good it brings it's also a breeding ground for trouble, just look at Anon. If there was ever a person who's bad side you didn't want to get on, it was the vast and faceless army of Anon.

Perhaps that's why the government had decided to take most of the privacy out of the internet. With all the freaks spawning about in the underbelly of the internet it would only make sense to monitor who was going where. After all, what's in a computer's web history could be incriminating evidence against quite a few people. Naturally, most people didn't like this idea one bit. It would put a degree of shame into every college kid who liked to spend their nights soliciting chat roulette, or every fourteen year old who wanted to piss off more than half the Star Trek fandom. So, due to the distaste of the general populace, the bill to monitor what we were doing behind our computer screen's wasn't passed.

Now, skip a gracious amount of time into the future. July 3rd, a series of missiles were set off in good ol' America. They scattered about, some causing major damage while others landed harmlessly in the middle of nowhere. These missiles, as one can imagine, weren't set off by America. However, it did send every country into a spiral of finger pointing and accusations. It wasn't until three days later that Anon had come forward with a single message: "Don't fuck with us." that people realized just who was behind the attacks.

That's when the government began to buckle down, and frightened, the public allowed the bill to pass in hopes that it could take net terrorism down. But, boy were they wrong. If anything it only gave the legions of trolls and hax0rs the incentive to go out and be the absolute worst they could be. The government could take their privacy away, fine, it won't be around for very long anyway. So groups of hackers began to set up with one idea in mind: create anarchy.

Key

Setting
Hacking and Technology
Non-humans
Alignments
How It's Played
Setting
Events
Character Skeleton

Setting

Neon Ladder, a city much like any other city, which has become the new iconic place to be when you visit America. It's the epicenter of most of what the U.S. has the offer, and like any other city has it's nice parts and it's. . . Not so nice parts. The city is called Neon Ladder due to the fact that most everything is lined with neon, causing the city to glow at night and making the larger builds look like neon ladders.
The time is in a future advanced enough where the world has the technology it has, but not so advanced that they've made real bounds in space travel or cloning. Thus, everything is pretty much contained on Earth. I've yet to decide if the plot will ever move outside of Neon Ladder.

Hacking and Technology

Hacking in the future is done differently than it's present incarnation. When entering a "mainframe" or a "system" hackers put on a pair of goggles which hooks up to their brain by utilizing it's electricity and getting on the same or similar wavelength. This technology was first created by scientists who wanted to put insomniacs into a dream like state without medication and then perfected by gamers who wanted to enhance their gaming experience. With the use of these goggles hacker's can walk around the inside of computers and databases, freely destroying firewalls and stealing information with the use of virus programs.

Virus programs come in the form of weapons, and can take on any shape such as a gun or an axe. Like most things virus programs are either mass produced and similar, such as the underground brand H4N0N. Alternatively, hackers will make their own viruses, though this is a long and tedious process only used by the most dedicated of hackers.

Despite being seemingly invincible there is a huge downside to hacking, and that's if the government can find the IP address police drones will immediately swarm whatever place the hacker happens to be holing itself up in. Because the goggles put the hacker into a dream like state, they're easily apprehended and hauled off to jail. Because of this, there are two types of hacking that are done.

One, is to form a large organization of hackers. Through the use of groups, half can enter a mainframe and destroy as much as possible while stealing what they need and causing a large amount of damage in the process, while the other half stands guard and fights against whatever drones enter their hideaway. The other is to sneak into a mainframe alone and get whatever you need and quickly get out before anyone even notices you entered. Both have their ups and downs.

Non-Humans

Despite taking place in the future, aliens and far off space travel have yet to be fond. However, there is a breed of non-humans walking around.

Robots

The name says it all. Robots range from a mindless police droid, following orders and patrolling the city, all the way to pets with amazing AI. Robots are used for all sorts of things, such as taxi drivers and maids. They're the more mindless of the non-human races, granted there have been robots known to have more advanced programming.

Androids

If this were a highschool drama, Androids would be the prettier and more charming older sister of the robots. Androids range from a more robot looking body with human features and muscle like tissues connected to a series of wires to full human frames. Some of the latter are so very convincing that they even fool themselves. No, really, a good deal of Androids were designed to not be aware that they're androids. This does lead to problems, however, as the recent terrorist attacks have caused many Androids to get viruses which is equivalent to going insane or losing a chunk of your brain.

Cyborgs

Not so much a non human as it is a modified human, Cyborgs are simply people with enhanced cybernetic parts such as eyes and arms. Some people go overboard with cybernetic body modification, looking more like caricatures of humans than actual humans. It should also be noted that a decent percent of the population often confuse cyborgs and androids (hey, not everyone can be smart). A good deal of hackers fall into this category, but much like how not all Cyborgs are hackers, not all hackers are Cyborgs.

Alignments

I figured I should put this here, but let me make it relatively simple for you:

Pro-Order:
People who want to stop the hackers, because let's face it, hackers are a scary group of people. Not all of them are in the government or work on in law enforcement, but most of them do. Much like any group of people some of them aren't exactly walking the straight and narrow path. It's up to you to decide just why you're on this side.

4N0N4RMY:
A medley of people can be found in here, from people who really do want to throw the world into an anarchic state, to people who just want their privacy. One thing rings true for most of them though, they don't trust their country as far as they can throw it. Some are amateurs, others are pros, some work alone, and others work in groups. Hackers who work in groups are more likely to be noticeable outlaws as opposed to solo hackers who could be anyone.

The Grays:
The undecided and disenchanted masses of the world, the grays aren't sure what to think. Some may be double agents and traitors, other are simply bystanders, and others still are people who just don't know which side to choose. Hackers are Pro-Order alike a reluctant to take in grays, as safety is an issue for both sides.

How It's Played

I think with the plot that I've given, it allows for a good amount of sub plots to be made for roleplay. I encourage people to talk to each other and use the OOC to plan. However, that doesn't mean I'm just throwing this story at you and saying "I don't know what to do, you guys have fun". No, that's not it at all.

Major plot movements will happen in the form of "Events". Inerio, what the hell do you have in mind? Well, let me explain. . .
I will give people a week or so notice before I begin an event, and once an event is started other role players must engage in reaching a certain objective in order to end an event. This is experimental, so I'm sure there will be some events which don't get finished that I'll have to move along for you guys. I'll give the time span of an event a week, maybe two, varying on the importance of it and how much fun everyone is having with it. So, an event to have hackers meet up would take less time than having a bomb go off in the middle of the city.

Character Skeleton:

You can format this in whatever style you want, so long as you fill it out.

Name:
Age: (Keep in mind whether or not you're playing a non human with this one. Lifespans vary from model to model when it comes with them so there's no real rules)
Gender: (Once again, this may not even apply with non-humans)
Species:
Alignment:
Weapnons?:
Appearance: (You can get creative here. It's the future, and it's a little cyberpunk. Also, do what you want with this, but if there's a picture I'd like some damn text to accompany it.)
Personality: (I'd prefer if you didn't just list things off.)
Biography: (You don't have to write me an epic, just write me something.)

Last edited by Inerio on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

4N0N4RMY [[OOC]] Empty Re: 4N0N4RMY [[OOC]]

Post by Inerio Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Rules

Do I even need to list these for you? I think you guys should know by now. No grandiose feats of jackassery, don't sue it up, remember the genre (I'm looking at you, character who falls for the first person they see), if you don't think you'll be around for an entire event then don't partake in that particular reindeer game so as not to slow things down (should I even be talking with that one? Probably not), and remember if something doesn't go your way and you rage quit we won't miss you. . . be mature. . . . attempt to be mature. . . screw it just look at the first rule again. Oh, and keep in mind l337 speak or making up a specific (and wacky) typing style for your character is perfectly fine in character (You know, in IMs, emails, texts, and such). We're dealing with trolls and hackers here. Just make sure we can find a way to translate it. Some of us can sit and try to decifer l337, others would prefer a shortcut.

Oh, and have fun, it's required of you.

Last edited by Inerio on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Characters

Tragically, this is empty for the time being. I'll get around to formatting everything and whatnot when characters are posted, but for right now there's nothing to post here.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Been a while since I've played a CyberPunk-ish game. I'm game to try it out.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:23 pm

I love me some cyberpunk. I'll have a character up just as soon as I can.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum