FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tribulation (Part 1 Redux) [OOC]

Go down

Tribulation (Part 1 Redux) [OOC] Empty Tribulation (Part 1 Redux) [OOC]

Post by The Ghost Writer Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Tribulation OOC

I had a few PMs sent to me over the last couple of days expressing interest and asking questions about the Tribulation Redux. I had planned on waiting until interest was expressed in the forums, but I'll go ahead and create this thread to answer a few questions and provide some information about the world.

To start off, I'd like to remind everyone that this series originally started back in 2005 and was concluded in '07. The characters currently available in the interest check have been created by myself and other co-authors of the series. You are free to pick one to play, and also free to "re-develop" them in a way you see fit.

On another note, this roleplay could be considered as modern fantasy. It includes magic, alchemy, elementalism, and incorporates mythology. Please inform your kids not to try any of the things in this story at home...

Vocabulary

I'll start with a glossary of terms to get everyone on the same page. I used some terminology in Plans for You that may have left a few readers confused and lost. I actually intended this to happen (sort of) so you would, hopefully, come looking for the explanation later. We'll now you have it. Please note that I've skipped over explaining the elements Fire and Water for the sake of not sounding redundant.

Spoiler:

Please be aware that this is not complete. I still need to add the following terms:

• Nephilim
  • Awakened Nephilim
  • Chimera
  • Sanglyph
  • Fallen Angel

Plot, Characters, Twists, and Opportunities

One of the messages I received concerned the development and depth of the characters and the general plot so far. Yes, the story is a classic good versus evil, and the good guys win in the end; a happy ending just like your typical Disney story. However, this is exactly why I'm recreating the original story; to add that missing depth, those elements that we all crave in a good book. Ultimately, I will not take the roleplay as the final revision. I will merely take from it the development offered and rewrite it in the form of a flowing novel (or novella, depending on how long the finished piece is).

Players are free to expand upon the characters that are available or create their own from scratch. While the settings and time-line of the story will remain the same as the original piece, you are free to bend them as you see fit. I encourage you to incorporate small twists of your own as long as they don't effect the final outcome of the story. If you see an opportunity to really squeeze some juicy material out of your character, go for it!

For the sake of keeping as spoilers as I can from ruining things for the casual reader, I'll only let you in on the time-line of the original story (to Tribulation) over PM.

The Cast

Slots Available: Unlimited

Terrance Sinclair, starring The Ghost Writer
Jason, starring Super Duck

{The characters Jason and Alex will not be played by any one participant, but may be shared by all so long as their actions, etc. are consistent with their settings and the plot}

The Crew

One of the concepts of a campfire creative (a method of multi-authoring a story, similar to roleplaying) is the inclusion of a group of writers that assist the cast in actually keeping the plot flowing. The crew is a group of participants that do not have characters, but still assist with the story by writing or sketching the primary plot behind the scenes so the story always has a direction to flow in, and the dreaded writer's block is more often avoided.

The crew will toss ideas in the air within the OOC discussion and debate on where the story will flow next. In the case of Tribulation, since the plot has already been laid out, the crew will mostly focus on assisting the players and their characters, or tweaking the existing plot to make room for new ideas that the players may wish to incorporate.

Slots Available: 5

Main Characters

Spoiler:

Application

As you can see, I'm accepting anyone that would care to act as a character in the story or create their own. I'm also looking for no more than five crew members to help push the story along from behind the scenes. Just post here if you're interested, or PM me.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down