FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What'dya Get?

+2
Lyonesse
YenWen
6 posters

Go down

What'dya Get? Empty What'dya Get?

Post by YenWen Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:52 am

We always want someone to ask what we got for the holidays, so we don't feel competitive or like we're bragging, so, I'm asking! What did you all get? Is it awesome? Is it sucky? Did you ask for it? Did Santa actually read your letter? Or did life just suck this year? :<

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

What'dya Get? Empty Re: What'dya Get?

Post by Lyonesse Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:57 am

I got an awesome little Netbook, a few books and sweaters, a gorgeous jewelry box, and a Doctor Who TARDIS cookie jar (it even makes the TARDIS landing/taking off sounds when you open it).

None of it was really a surprise, but they were all awesome!
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:06 am

Hahaha...you pretty much read my mind with your reasoning behind this thread! Honestly, my list was nearly nonexistent this year; with everything that I have to do with grad school, asking for more stuff that I won't use just seems redundant. BUT Santa (aka Mom) came through wonderfully with the few things that I asked for. The two main things I wanted were a new car stereo that had a hookup for my iPod and swing dance shoes. I got the stereo this morning and just need to schedule an appointment to get it installed, and we ordered my swing shoes last week. Other than that, I got a Brita water filter (gotta have one of those living near the coast!), this really pretty purple sweater dress/tunic, a nifty tower thing that holds my Wii and controllers, and an emergency radio/flashlight that you can charge by hand-crank or solar power and gets weather updates from NOAA (can we say hurricane kit?). The relatives were quite generous with the moolah, which every graduate student living off a stipend needs, and my one aunt gave me this ridiculously soft, plush blanket that will come in handy on those chilly winter nights when my roommates and I are trying not to run up the electric bill Razz
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:38 am

One of the things I got was an amateur-hand-made arts-and-crafts-style-decorated native-american-ish six-hole recorder/whistle/flute. At first I didn't think I'd be able to play anything at all on it, but I gave it a chance and now I like it a lot! xD

It's in the key of A#. That's the lowest note, anyway.
I have to do this one by ear because some of the notes are in between steps, sort of in the cracks. It probably wouldn't go well with accompaniment, but it sounds pretty good on its own.

I can play the City of Wonder song on it! cheers (Facebook game. Add me.)
I can also play the Gondor theme from the Lord of the Rings movies.
And the Hobbiton theme. And the Rohan theme.
And, you know, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and a couple hymns like When the Roll is Called Up Yonder. ^_^

Also today I got AAAAAAAAEGG NAAAAAAAAAAAAAWG!! xDDD
Best. Drink. Ever. heart
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:52 am

A Plague! >.>
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:01 am

Lyonesse wrote:I got an awesome little Netbook, a few books and sweaters, a gorgeous jewelry box, and a Doctor Who TARDIS cookie jar (it even makes the TARDIS landing/taking off sounds when you open it).

None of it was really a surprise, but they were all awesome!

Ka-Sweet! Now, all you need is the cookies for said jar Very Happy Those will be shared, right?

SilvanArrow wrote:Hahaha...you pretty much read my mind with your reasoning behind this thread! Honestly, my list was nearly nonexistent this year; with everything that I have to do with grad school, asking for more stuff that I won't use just seems redundant. BUT Santa (aka Mom) came through wonderfully with the few things that I asked for. The two main things I wanted were a new car stereo that had a hookup for my iPod and swing dance shoes. I got the stereo this morning and just need to schedule an appointment to get it installed, and we ordered my swing shoes last week. Other than that, I got a Brita water filter (gotta have one of those living near the coast!), this really pretty purple sweater dress/tunic, a nifty tower thing that holds my Wii and controllers, and an emergency radio/flashlight that you can charge by hand-crank or solar power and gets weather updates from NOAA (can we say hurricane kit?). The relatives were quite generous with the moolah, which every graduate student living off a stipend needs, and my one aunt gave me this ridiculously soft, plush blanket that will come in handy on those chilly winter nights when my roommates and I are trying not to run up the electric bill Razz

*Jealousy* :< College necessities are more than a need currently with me, and a blanket sounds reeaally nice right now in my box. Luckyyyy...

Kalon Ordona II wrote:One of the things I got was an amateur-hand-made arts-and-crafts-style-decorated native-american-ish six-hole recorder/whistle/flute. At first I didn't think I'd be able to play anything at all on it, but I gave it a chance and now I like it a lot! xD

It's in the key of A#. That's the lowest note, anyway.
I have to do this one by ear because some of the notes are in between steps, sort of in the cracks. It probably wouldn't go well with accompaniment, but it sounds pretty good on its own.

I can play the City of Wonder song on it! cheers (Facebook game. Add me.)
I can also play the Gondor theme from the Lord of the Rings movies.
And the Hobbiton theme. And the Rohan theme.
And, you know, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and a couple hymns like When the Roll is Called Up Yonder. ^_^

Also today I got AAAAAAAAEGG NAAAAAAAAAAAAAWG!! xDDD
Best. Drink. Ever. heart

Oooh! Isn't it?? Too much of the stuff and I"ll get sick though, which always makes me sad :< Waste of eggnog in some cases...
Oh! I have one of those! <3 it. They're really handy at creepy out people in the woods, if you can play it juuuust right >>

Shadow Moonseye wrote:A Plague! >.>

D'oh shit, it's begun >>.... How far before it reaches the mid-U.S.?

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Might take a while for that particular Plague to spread. It has to walk. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Shadow Moonseye wrote:A Plague! >.>
Aw heart

I got some clothes, a book, a Night Fury and...
A new monitor! (been using a crappy old one for years now).
I also got a blue ray player, which was a complete surprise. My dvd player broke and we were using the xbox to watch movies. I hadn't asked for it but I suppose I had to get up to date with movie technology sooner or later. First movie we watched on it was 2001 Space Odyssey!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Oooh, cool! A monitor AND blu-ray player! Sweet! xD
They should have played the 2001 song when it turned 2001 in real life. [/random]

You got a Night Fury? Like from How to Train Your Dragon?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Yes. My family knows I am a kid at heart and I had to get at least one toy for christmas. My dad picked me out a Night Fury, its sitting on top of my monitor right now!
Not only that, but a fancy house in Haggin Oaks (a rich neighborhood that decorates lavishly for christmas) had a night fury figurine and I got to take a picture with it!
What'dya Get? 163004_1511487994859_1464167856_31092418_6926805_n

Also, I should mention that both the monitor and blu-ray (I think I spelled it right this time) were 'together' gifts for both Silvone and myself. We're still really lucky, not expecting both. My grandparents love to give, but they are also really good at finding deals. I suspect that they didn't spend too much on these things Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:41 am

800 dollars and a nice set of Chef's knives from my parents. A bunch of bar tending supplies from my sister. A slight from my now ex-girlfriend. Guess which one I liked the least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum