FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Celebration Thread :D

+39
Little Supernova
Bird of Hermes
Axiom Awaits
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Mojave Wanderer
The Ghost Writer
Entity of Sin
Sunwolf007
Skitzo-phrenick
Gabe
Tartra
Shadow Moonseye
Kalon Ordona II
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Squall Reyes
Hisoka
Inerio
Attie
MoiraofWords
Loki
Dax
Mercinus3
SpaceWheeler2.0
Sighlent
Eternity
Gadreille
Guilty Carrion
ImmortalSin
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Fate Flyer
Gunneh
UnfortunateBountyHunter
Silvan Arrow
The Melancholy Spirit
xraineyesx
Lara
wakeangel
43 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

The Celebration Thread :D - Page 20 Empty Re: The Celebration Thread :D

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:29 pm

We have sprinklers in the backyard!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:54 pm

The yard is really kicking my butt, but next week I will be ready to plant the grass. I am so close!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Random last minute plans to visit bestie in Ventura, CA?

I think so.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Hopefully that turns out to be fun. I think it will Smile

I celebrate finally planting grass in my backyard. Still nothing growing... but it is only day 3. Should see some results in a few days. If I did it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 15, 2012 3:29 pm

What are the rules about watering your lawn in California? I know that some places in Arizona are pretty strict about it.

I have my face applied, and I will be going to an interview in two hours. I'm both nervous but okay about it. It's just Blockbuster again, but I hate the group interviews. I always feel really... uncomfortable in them. However, having done this once before, I know a little about what I should expect, so hopefully it'll be a little easier.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue May 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Good luck!

I don't think there are any rules about watering the lawn here...but there's a river here, and water isn't quite as scarce.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 12:16 pm

I celebrate that grass is actually coming up! Patchy, and only in certain parts, but I would say that nearly 50 percent of the lawn will soon be covered in grass. Far better percentage than I had given it a few weeks ago... which was %0.

I also celebrate that my weekend vacation to San Diego to visit with my brother and sister-in-law was a blast. The trip there was long, but we managed to stop at Disney Land's Downtown Disney to get some nummy-nummy's. We went to the zoo, went to the beach, and just generally had fun. Much better than the get together at my grandmother's house next weekend will be. I'm glad I had an excuse to miss that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 22, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm glad that things are going so well for you and your family, Ysopet!

It's always nice when the grass gets greener (in more than one way!). ^^_^^

My love spent a good part of last night trying to figure out our sprinkler system. I was like, "Why don't we ask our neighbor to help? He did it last summer." and my love was like, "No. I need to figure this out myself. I think the instructions are somewhere downstairs..." I don't know if he figured it out or not, but it'll be nice to have grass that's actually green instead of sort of green-ish with lots of brown.

I celebrate the acquisition of a job. I stopped working at RadioShack on Thursday, May 17th. The Tuesday before that, I had a group interview with Blockbuster. They informed us that they'd be calling us back by Friday if they were interested in scheduling a second interview.

By Friday, I was pretty sure they weren't interested, so I was like, "Eh... Whatever." and I left the house for that evening to do stuff. Around 10pm, my love called my cell phone to say there was a message on the machine from Blockbuster about a second interview, but by then, it was too late to call them back, so I waited until Saturday. Apparently, the manager had actually called the day before as well, but the machine ate the message so I never got it. ^o_o^

Anyway, I just had my second interview yesterday, and they said that as soon as the background check goes through, I've got the job. I just have to call them to ask that they don't schedule me on Friday, June 1st, 2012 because that's when my love and I are going to an amusement park for all-day fun.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Tue May 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Congrats on the new job Kathryn!! I hate when answering machines eat messages. They always tend to eat the important ones too.

Have fun at the amusement park with your love. It sounds like a great day!!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Oh, I'm sure I'll have tons of fun. I love roller coasters. My love hates them, soooooo, yeah. However, his place of work rents out Lagoon Park every year and gives two tickets to each of its employees. They can choose to go to the park or work that day, soooooo, yeah! ^^_^^

Last year, I convinced him to go on four different rides with me. The first one was the wooden rollercoaster ("See? It doesn't even have loops!") which he hated. The second was that ride that has the boat that sways side to side ("It's practically a baby ride, sweetie. All it does is swing side to side. It's not even scary!") which he loathed. I sat us right in the back for the most effect, but he freaked out a little because the bar didn't seem very secure to him, and when you're at the back, you get almost parallel to the ground. The only one he wasn't irritated about my convincing him to ride was the Sky Ride which was basically just a ski lift of sorts that takes you slowly from one side of the park to the other. He also hated the Ferris Wheel. XD

Anyway, I don't think I'll be able to convince him to ride anything with me this time because he felt like I tricked him into the pirate boat thing, so he'll never trust my word on rides again. hahahah

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 pm

That sucks! I won't ever be able to get Gadreille on rides either, and I love them! I'm sure you will still have fun though Smile And congrats on the new job! That is always a scary, but great thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu May 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Aww. Well, maybe some day my love and I can go on a double date together and he can keep Gadreille - and potentially your son - company on the ground while you and I ride roller coasters. Of course, there will also be times when I'm sure Taeo will want to ride rides, and we can eagerly double team our loved-ones to con them into riding roller coasters that they hate. ^^_^^

Until then... we ride alone. ._.

Anyway, I applied for college. Everyone gets accepted to this one because it's a community college. I've also mostly filled out my FAFSA, and I printed out the appeal for independent status form for my college. I'm hoping to start this fall!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 24, 2012 6:32 pm

What great news, Kathryn! FAFSA is a pain the first time but once you have it all set up its a breeze.

I would happily hang out with Misery with my two feet safely planted on the ground, thank you very much!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu May 24, 2012 6:36 pm

This is actually my fourth time filling it out. The first time, my dad signed it then didn't do his taxes. The second time, I didn't get my independent status stuff taken care of on time. The third time, I didn't get the documents I needed to appeal on time. This time, I have the documents I need, and I just have to get the letters from outsiders to attest to the fact that my life sucks and my parents can't help me. Then, I'll be all set. ^^_^^

hahahah Jonathan's the same way, but I still got his rump on four whole rides last year. I'm sure with Ysopet and I working as a team, we could convince you two to ride some rides. :: grins wickedly ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Haha, good luck with that. I'm sure Misery and I together will have more than enough stubborness to keep off those rides. At least you and Ysopet, hypothetically, will always have each other. ^_^

Wow, you've really had some trouble with that. I guess I got lucky in that, when I got married, there was no question as to my independency, and therefore, my poor-ness. XD
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu May 24, 2012 6:48 pm

hahahah Good point. I can definitely attest to the fact that even though Misery and I are equals in our relationship where it counts, he's the more dominant of the two of us. Plus, after the incident with that swinging pirate boat thing, I can't use the whole "but it's a baby ride" excuse to convince him. :: sighs ::

I'm not married, but I think for next year's FAFSA, I'll be an automatic independent because when I was doing it, it asked, "Were you born before January 1st 1989?" Next year, it'll ask if I was born before January 1st, 1990, and that's the only reason why I haven't qualified for automatic independent status, sooooo yeah. ^^_^^ Only one year of uber hassle.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu May 24, 2012 6:51 pm

That's wonderful news, Kathryn! Do you know what you want to study yet? I'm sure you'll do well in whatever you try!

And I want in on any amusement park adventures! I will happily go on roller coasters with you and Ysopet! cheers
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu May 24, 2012 6:53 pm

I don't have any idea what I want to do yet. I'm going to start with generals and hope I get some inspiration along the way...

You can come on one condition, Silvan! You have to aid in Ysopet's and my attempts at getting Gadreille and Misery on some rides! Peer pressure, ftw! =P

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Congrats on college, Kathryn! That is always an exciting time Smile As for the rollercoasters, getting her to get on one is fine and dandy. The problem is what she does to me when we get home Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu May 24, 2012 7:58 pm

hahahah What does she do to you when you guys get home? XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 8:30 pm

A couple of years ago, I stuck an olive in her mouth and told her it was a grape. She still hasn't forgiven me, and she no longer trusts me. That is small scale compared to rollercoasters. I can only imagine how she might hold it against me for the next 30 years or so Smile That is the problem with being perfect I guess... the slightest slip up really nails you lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Oh hardy har. >.<
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu May 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Bwahahahah!

Oh man... I love olives and grapes, but if I thought I was about to eat one and it tasted like the other, it would be horrible!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 11:14 am

She can't stand olives, so it was even worse for her. Like eating the most rotten grape in the world... XD

I celebrate getting caught up with my role-plays. I just need to post in Barotyn, and then I will be back to Sephiris!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Wed May 30, 2012 11:29 am

I celebrate that eggs were on special so now I can feed all the hung over partygoers on Saturday! This includes myself. Nothing better for a hangover than Star of Greece style eggs! XD
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 31, 2012 12:07 pm

The Celebration Thread :D - Page 20 547147_3221027172270_1464167856_57852143_1994182503_n

Congratulations to you, brother, for graduating from High School with top honors! I am amazed at how well you did and how much fun you had. I envy your high school years, and I'm sure your college years will blow mine away! I love you and will miss you terribly when you go to UCR.

The Celebration Thread :D - Page 20 536751_3221039212571_987727900_n

I envy your graduation lemur too.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu May 31, 2012 1:12 pm

Sweet! That's really awesome! I also envy the lemur. >.>;;

I also like your outfit!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 31, 2012 1:26 pm

XD My dad picked out the lemur. If you notice the tail is bright pink....my dad being colorblind had no idea!

Thank you! I do believe everything but the shoes and necklace was second hand >.>
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:23 am

I got a new job! Starting next week, I will officially be done with Albertsons! Hopefully things turn out ok over there...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:25 am

Sweet! Congratulations, Ysopet! Where will you be working now?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next