FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is all so...Magical!

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

It is all so...Magical! Empty It is all so...Magical!

Post by Crain_S Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:11 am

The veil between the worlds has always been carefully guarded. The few thin spots in the dividing barrier are sought out and monitored by those who could be trusted to halt any attempts to pass through. Over the centuries, very few humans from our world were called upon to protect the gates because they were not needed. As the veil undulates, slowly stretching and compressing, we can go centuries where the veil is too thick to traverse.

Now is not one of those centuries.

For whatever reason, the veil has not only stretched to nearly mono-filament thickness, it has begun to tear. Left alone, the small glimmering holes in space will seal up and the veil will repair itself. But what human can resist poking something shiny?

Those who find themselves too curious for their own good will be transported to a world rich in magical possibility, but not magic users. It is as if magic is a toxin to which the citizens of the Center world have slowly become immune. As such, the older the race, the less chance it has of being able to manipulate magic.

This Center world of magic has no name, as it was not to be revealed that it even exists. There is no knowledge of it in the Outer worlds.

############################# study ###########################################

In this RP, you have two main character options:
1) A human from Earth that pokes with the veil, gets sucked/pulled through and develops magic in the second world or 2) a denizen of the Center world with little to no magic.

As the other Veils are closely guarded, they do not have members in Center world.

Magic is whatever you want it to be. It can be spells and potions, it can be words and wands; I don’t care. The only requirement for magic is will and intent. After that, have a blast.

As for a plot…we will figure it out later. Big bad guy from an Outer world trying to take over the Center world (and thereby gaining the magic) sounds good to me.

Rules:
1.No werewolves or vampires. I hate those guys. Unless they are played by Hugh Jackman. He can stay.
2. Keep magic…non god-like. You can’t incinerate others with a thought or cause the world to spin in reverse. Remember that those who have been in the Center world are resistant to magic (which is why most can’t use it) and those who haven’t have magic (and most likely friends) of their own.
3. Just because creatures can’t use magic, does not mean they are not of magic. There can be dragons and unicorns and pixies and whatnot. Pixies/fairies can use minor magics, dragons can breath fire. They can be wise, mischievous and speak, if you want. I imagine the dragons, if they are good sized, might think they rule the roost, since they have been running unopposed for so long as the top of the food chain.. We humans are gonna change that.
4. Last one, I promise. I don’t mind using ideas or themes from books/movies/etc., but try to put your own spin, twist or other circular motion on them. If we wanted to read what has already been published, we would go to the library, am I right?

And that is it. Join in when you are ready. Post a profile with a name and picture or brief physical description. NO ANIME PICTURES; they make me angry. I don’t care about back stories or personalities; I will be picking up that info again when I read your posts.

Bonne écriture! (thanks Smile )

Magical IC

Hug #######################################################################

Character Profiles

Like a Star @ heaven
Name: Jacob Isaac Muser
Appearance
heart
Name: Elena Jensen
Picture:
Spoiler:

Like a Star @ heaven
Name: Reynagos
Phys. Description:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Crain_S on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

It is all so...Magical! Empty Re: It is all so...Magical!

Post by Gadreille Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:00 pm

My character is going to be human, do you want me to write down the power she develops or just reveal it IC?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Surprise me!

As i said before, I want this to be informal writing. Proper grammar and spelling, of course, but not all that strict on following a specific plot or the usual RP rules.

My only requirement is that the players are courteous and respectful towards each other.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Name: Elena Jensen
Picture:
Spoiler:
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:48 pm

So pretty much anything you can imagine lives in the center world?

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:11 pm

Raptorman wrote:So pretty much anything you can imagine lives in the center world?

Yup. Barring Vampires and werewolves...or any of those chibi-anime things. This is good, ole-fashioned fantasy. If it is an original, it is good.

Oh, and no demon/angel/anythings. Those make me cranky.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Can there be creepy wraith like things?

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:57 pm

...I'm gonna say yes. There can be creepy, wraith-like things.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Carin_S, I love you. Why, you ask? Because you wrote something in french on the original post. That's why. xD

By the by, it's Bonne (because it is feminin) écriture(!) (not écrivant, because although the translation to english would work, good writing, in french things are never that easy Nod)

Now more to the point... did you say we can use dragons?! O.o
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Awesome. ^^

I like my creepy wraith things.

And I do plan to use a human, just to have quite a bit of interaction with said creepy wraith things. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Dax: Yes, there can be dragons. Dragons will be limited in magic, but can breath fire (or whatever) and can be intelligent. They can speak, if you choose, and can be benevolent or malicious. It could depend on their color; who knows?

Raptorman: I am glad I could let some more love into your life.

Also, I have posted my Profile in the first OOC post and have posted an IC. You two newbies are welcome to post SIMPLE profiles and IC posts anytime you are ready. Woot.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:19 pm

could you put my CS in the first post as well? just so it's easier to see?

I'm assuming Dax and Raptor are in, so I'm going to wait until they post before I go again.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Mind if I join in? I like myself some custom races. ^_^

Name: Lord Umbros
Appearance:
It is all so...Magical! File
(I feel the need to include other stuff just for clarity.)
Race: Banshee
(Note: Banshees are a form of undead, what many would refer to as a specter or wraith. They are typically summoned, and are bound to their summoner's will. Under the black cloak, they have a skeletal appearance, but they look progressively more human as they get closer to their summoner. Capable of flight, as well as dispersing themselves into mist, they are also critically weak to fire, electricity, and heat in general, so much so that most of them refuse to enter sunlight unless their summoner directly orders it. Highly resistant to physical attacks, they break the trend of most creatures in the center world, being very susceptible to magic due to the fragility of the spell binding them to the material plane. They have a piercing scream that mystically imposes fear in anyone who hears it. It takes little mental strength to shake it off, but it is highly effective against animals and the mentally weak. Obviously, they are a Center world species.)
(Brief) Bio: I really want to write more here, but I already feel like I'm too long compared to the others so I'll keep it brief. Long story short, Umbros was a banshee that broke free of his summoner and killed him, thereby assuming control of the other banshees that the necromancer had summoned. ...It goes against my every instinct to leave this so short. If you want more, I'd be glad to give it. >.<
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:36 pm

I just said I planned to bring in my wraith things, and then someone else brings in wraiths Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Gah... My bad raptor, didn't see that. I can figure something else out if you'd like.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:37 pm

It's a banshee... thing.

Not a wraith... thing.

I take it you're going for a sort of spirit/character you had in Disappeared in London dude?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Not the same sort of thing as that dax.

I am going to use a human, but I had planned to bring in my wraiths, his magic will relate to them in a way.

I suppose there can be more than one sort of ethereal being.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:42 pm

I suppose there can. Very Happy

I am just taking my lovely time, looking for the coolest dragon pic on the web to use as my character. XD
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Actually, I am sorry but at this time I don't think I can take on another thread. I hate having to do that after I said I was joining. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Anger...growing...

Profile...too...long....

Urge....to...kill...barely....controlled...

And i am good.

Chainlinc3, your profile is actually too long. Much too long. i hate it. Get rid of it NOW.

Ha. Ha. I jest. It is fine. A little more than I was looking for but the banshee description is good. A little bit of pre-knowledge. Question: how can a summoned live beyond the summoner? This is generally not how it works...interesting...

Also, if anyone wants their profiles added to the first post, PM the text to me with spaces so that I can put them in the proper format to appear the way we want them to.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:59 pm

And here is my fire-breathing dragon... thing.

Name: Reynagos

Phys. Description:

It is all so...Magical! 75565

P.S. Short CSs are awesome, haha.

Last edited by Dax on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:02 pm

*tries to bullshit an explanation*
Razz
Logically, the only idea I can think of is that, once summoned, the enchantment binding the creature is self-sustaining. Either that, or Umbros somehow consumed his summoner. >.>
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Well, if you want my opinion, I think that the binding works very well. Say that the Banshee is binded to, say, a crystal embedded on the banshees skull.

It has to be a cool binded object, all while presenting no advantage to your enemies, because that would suck. Unless, of course, that doesn't bother you.

In which case, your binded object can be a 50 meter wide target bulls-eye, with lime green, red stripes and flashing lights on it, accompanied by a loud police siren. That could work to.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Hmm... Actually, I kind of like that plan. He is officially bound to a physical object, a living being as a matter of fact. I'll just claim that when one "host" dies of old age, it passes on to the first child. If the host is killed, however... that would kinda suck for Umbros.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:09 pm

Yummy...I love the taste of summoners in the...well, any time, really.

Oooh, maybe he consumed the Divine Spark; the part of the soul that grants magic ability and animates the physical form.

Also: there are no summoners in the Center world as no one can use magic...explain that one! (No one other than the newbies from Earth, of course.)
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:13 pm

... Well, crap.
I guess I'd been operating on the assumption that the Earthlings weren't the first ones to drop in on Center. If that's not true...

WAIT.
You said pixies, etc can use basic magic. To take a soul before it has a chance to pass from this world (in between death and oblivion) would be a relatively simple matter (as opposed to... the other options...). So... explanation?
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:20 pm

o.O The soul-eating is not the conundrum here, person of unknown gender.

The existence of the Summoner is. However, you answered my question quite well without even realizing it...tricky little minx. The summoner could be from a previous time of the weak veil.

I also would have accepted the theory/hypothesis that the Banshee was Summoned, not Conjured. Therefore, his existence is not tied to a creator, rather his will. With the death of his captor, especially if he ate him, he was set free and the link to the other summoned creatures could have been transferred.

God! I am good.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Urgh, I want to take part, but I am afraid I may slow you guys down.

Should I?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Raptor, if you think you are going to have fun in this thing, by all means, join in my friend.

If you think you aren't going to have fun because of lack of posting or other, then don't. ( Sad )

It is entirely up to you, although the more the merrier, I say.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:25 pm

I think I will have quite a bit of fun with this. If you guys don't mind that on occasion i take a few days to post?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next