FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starcraft: The End of Times (OOC)

5 posters

Go down

Starcraft: The End of Times (OOC) Empty Starcraft: The End of Times (OOC)

Post by Ehoron Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:27 pm

The year is 2500.

For years, the Terran factions have only had to contend with themselves within the Koprulu Sector. But now, a new threat looms beyond the darkness. A threat that will shatter bonds, destroy planets, and claim countless lives. For this threat is unlike any the Terrans have faced before;

The Zerg have come.

There is no diplomacy, no peace talks. With the Zerg, there can be only one outcome; the complete annihilation and subsequent infestation by the Swarm. They move with a purpose, with an agenda. And worst of all, it seems like they cannot be stopped.

Further troubling still is the fleet of alien warships that attempt to combat the situation by sterilizing entire planets. Though the Protoss seem to want to be rid of the Zerg as much as the Terrans do, the Protoss do not seem to care enough about Terran lives caught in the crossfire.

War is coming, with all its glory.

And its horror.

----------

And so here we have it; the Starcraft: The End of Times OCC page. I haven't formally decided which planet we'll be starting on, but I've limited it down to Mar Sara, Antiga Prime, or Brontes IV.

To start, you can be a Marine, Firebat, Ghost or a pilot of a Vulture, Goliath, Siege Tank, or Wraith. There's nothing that says you can't be a Marine and a Vulture pilot (Jim did it just fine). Once I get everything organized, we'll start off with the combat about to start.

Char Sara has been a blackspot for almost a month now; no communication, no trade, no travel. Sightings of strange creatures are up and people are beginning to go missing. Everything is set for the beginning of a clash that will shake the entire system.

Will you be ready?

As a note, it's possible that I'll be headed out for a couple days later this week. If I do, the roleplay will start up next Monday, If not, look for the thread sometime around Thursday or Friday.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Starcraft: The End of Times (OOC) Empty Re: Starcraft: The End of Times (OOC)

Post by Harper Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Well I knew from the start I wanted my character to be a hapless marine. I'm thinking a Corporal Durango Phich is the way I want to go. Is there a character sheet we need to fill out? Aside from name and rank?

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm definitely going with a Ghost. Sniper skills may be lacking, but psionics are nearly record-breaking. Also, I second the move for a character sheet.

And I'll vote for Mar Sara as the starting planet, so we can get all kekekeke'd. Razz
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:24 pm

By popular demand;

Code:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b]
[b]Home planet:[/b]

[b]Brief Bio:[/b]

[b]Work History:[/b]
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Guess we're doing Mar Sara. Very Happy

Also, I can confirm I won't be leaving, so look to see the thread up by Friday.

Name: Michael 'Iceman' Taylor
Affiliation: Terran Confederacy by extension, Mar Sara Militia Force
Home planet: Mar Sara

Brief Bio:
Born on Mar Sara in 2470, Michael grew up with a typical Fringe World education. On the surface, he was taught to respect the Confederacy, but behind closed doors he was told all about the shit-deal they'd been given. From an early age, Michael spent most of this time with his friends, doing what little they could to alleviate the boredom while the Guild Wars waged elsewhere.

By 2488, the Guild Wars had reached their peak. Resources had been rationed, taxes were being raised, the Confederacy was beginning to recruit aggressively, particularly among the Fringe Worlds. Michael was recruited, but was able to stay stationed on Mar Sara to work as a marine and Wraith pilot until the war ended in 2489. By that time, the Confederacy was the dominant power, but war-weary. Moving into the Colonial Militia as a Marshal, Michael wouldn't see any real combat until shortly after all communication with their sister planet, Char Sara, ceased.

Inside, he knew that a great time of turmoil and death was coming.

He just didn't realize how soon, and how severe.

Work History:
Confederate Marine Corps
-277th Colonial Rangers Battalion
--2nd Squad

Confederate Navy
-92nd Confederate Spaceborne Division
--381st Wraith Fighter Wing
---1st Squardon

Mar Sara Colonial Militia
-Marshal
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:49 pm

...I'm afraid I'm not THAT into Starcraft. Could you provide a general list of major planets, events, military ranks, and possibly employers? I honestly... have no clue about most of this.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Name: Durango Phich
Affiliation: Domion
Home planet: Mar Sara

Brief Bio: Durango grew up in poverty in one of Mar Sara's many cities. He entered a gang early on in his life to help support his parents and six siblings with petty crimes. He lost his left index finger in one fight, and developed a permanent limp from another gang fight. Durango got arrested at the age of fifteen. When he reached eighteen the Domion offered him his freedom in exchange of twenty years of service as a marine. Knowing it his best chance to get out prison, Durango took the offer. Because of his limp, Durango never served beyond a garrison marine and never would.

He believes the recent cutoff from Chau Sara was a fluke and believes things will blow over eventually. He’s a very disgruntled and cynical individual.

Work History:

Confederate Marine Corps
-465th Grizzly Battalion
--4th Squadron

Mar Sara Colonial Militia
Sergeant

Last edited by Harper on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Chainlinc3 wrote:...I'm afraid I'm not THAT into Starcraft. Could you provide a general list of major planets, events, military ranks, and possibly employers? I honestly... have no clue about most of this.

It's been a few years for me too. I actually had to use yours Ehoron as a base for mine. I think a list of planets, characters, etc. might be too tedious a thing to create, I think your best bet is to use this link http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_universe and skim through till you find what you need. I know I needed a major refresher too on a lot of things.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Alright, hopefully this is acceptable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Jensen Evans
Affiliation: Terran
Home planet: Tarsonis

Brief Bio: Jensen Evans grew up on Tarsonis as a street rat. Running the streets, causing trouble, and doing whatever he wanted to do. That was Jensen. At around the age of 17 Jensen was arrested for the murder of a government official. The details are still in question but Evans was sent into the Confederate Marine Corp to help him become a “socially acceptable citizen”. The Guild Wars was Jensen’s proving ground.

Currently, Jensen has been reassigned to Mar Sara. He has heard about Chau Sara being quiet for a long time but he doesn't care. All he wants to do is drink, blow shit up, and sleep.

Work History:
- 417th Confederate Marine Platoon
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Ok, so here is the deal... I am leaving until next Saturday and till then I dont think I will be able to post. So here is what I was thinking.

I will write up my character sheet and, if the RP is still on Mar Sara, will have my Confederate (insert grade here) be assigned to Mar Sara, is that ok? Or should I just wait till saturday and make a CS from scratch then?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:57 pm

Ok, I'm sorry to say this, but I think I'm dropping out. I simply don't have the time and patience to work through research material in order to make a character-sheet, especially when I can recall most of the interesting stuff. Furthermore, my schedule for the near future looks to have changed for the busier.

Sincerest Apologies-
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Alright. The choice is yours.

Storm knocked out power and internet in my area. Had to make this post from a friend's phone. The thread itself will be delayed a few days, probably until Monday. That'll give Hobo the time to pop up with a character sheet.

and Dax, you can wait if you want. No pressure to put anything up yet. I doubt we'll have gotten far.

A thought for the rest of you; We're on Mar Sara. Do we want to have dealings with Mengsk and the Sons of Korhal or go about our story in a new direction? I don't care either way as even if we went with the Sons of Korhal, we wouldn't focus much time on Mengsk, Kerrigan, or Raynor. This is about us, not them.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:39 am

If that is the case, how do we escape? Do we join the Domion or head to a Starport and steal our own Battlecruiser?

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:09 am

Well when it all takes place, the Dominion hasn't formed yet. The Confederacy is still in power.

The more I look at it, the more I have the wonder how to keep it going. If our initial goal is to survive and get off the planet, what's there to hold the group together? It might almost be easier to join the Sons of Korhal and just keep the focus on us rather than Mengsk, Kerrigan, or Raynor.

That would provide us with a rail to keep us going without necessarily forcing us to do anything. For instance, we could get into things between the canon missions, or we could even participate in those from our point of view.

Again, it's really up to you guys and what y'all want to see happen.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down