FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darker City Streets: Closed.

+4
Fate Flyer
Rigi-chan
Shades Of Gray
Kaislynn
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Darker City Streets: Closed. Empty Darker City Streets: Closed.

Post by Kaislynn Mon May 18, 2009 3:07 am

As is apparent in the ARP IC section, Shades and I have moved an rp we've been working on to this site (a little anxious to get to work).

But we are wondering if anyone felt like helping us out a little with a couple more characters Very Happy Since you're all of a caliber to work this Smile Check it out and see if you're interested-->

Here's a little background and plot layout:

The story takes place in contemporary Seattle. Everything runs and works as it does now: there's a president in office, the show Friends is only on as re-runs, and vampires are fictional creatures. Well, they're supposed to be. Recently there have been odd occurrences, impossible crimes, unexplained bodies, strange sightings in the dark. The MO's have been rather horrific and sometimes seemingly impossible, but each time some kind of text has been involved. The odd thing is that in several of the killings there have been distinctly vampiric hints: like draining of blood, bite marks, and even--some say--the dead walking again. Most people laugh it off; those who are skeptics, who don't believe in ghosts, and think nothing of that sort of thing. The popular theory is that some nerd with a vampire fetish snapped. Some people are feeling a little wary. The city feels different, darker somehow, and the bizarre shift of crime has the police running around in full force, trying to respond to the ever growing numbers of calls. The Major Crimes division of Seattle Police Department has had dozens of temporary transfers to catch the killer.

The two focal characters at this point are Samantha Adams, a human paramedic (Shades), and the Shadow (me), the vampire orchestrating the killings. You can check out our character pages for much more detailed bios. At this point both Shades and I have picked up second characters, since the old site we were playing this on was showing up bupkiss for other players to come in and help us out. Shades is also playing Sam's paramedic partner, Sean Pride. They've been involved with a number of the crime scenes; carting away the bodies on the gurneys, holding witness to the survivors of a brutal attack, hearing the same fearful whisper of a man who was impossibly strong, and impossibly fast, with gold eyes. I've taken on Detective Henley, one of the temporary transfer detectives in the SPD working on the Shadow case.

What we would ideally like to have is two more characters, or more depending on what people come up with. The first is someone to play a vampire within Shadow's gang-coven who is plotting traitorous things (either in the direction of more psychopathic or stopping the blood shed: in either case, taking Shadow out). The second is a vampire from a second coven, much more invested in keeping the secret of vampires from the public (Shadow is seriously threatening this with his actions and in fact intends to expose vampires as part of his plan); this vampire would be searching for Shadow and the coven and possibly working with Henley. Interesting options for altercations and twists all around. Smile

A note on the Vampires in this world:
In this particular reality, vampirism manifests as an almost exclusively unknown infection which causes the infected to burn their own blood faster than their own body can produce it. The disease affects the DNA of the individual over time if they survive the original bite. The venom begins to burn the body's blood soon after initial infection, thus a vampire must drain their victim quickly if they bite. And rather than being cold, vampire's run a consistent slight fever, not too noticeable, unless you know to look for it. The changes that occur within the body do not include fangs--though the legend has led to many vampires filing their teeth in an effort to ease blood letter, but more simply use a more convenient cutting tool. However if the blood lust is getting to them, vampires are known to bite for a reason--If vampires do not particularly have fangs, they do develop, over time, increased agility, speed, and strength, and a certain resistance to decay--mimicking immortality. No one has ever really studied vampires, though once every hundred years or so a coven will try to do some research, and consequentially no one knows what the life expectancy really is. Vampires can be killed, if they are deprived of blood for too long or, like normal people, if they receive an injury which causes them to bleed out (though with speed, agility, and strength, their bodies also work faster which means they heal quicker than normal humans, though not ridiculously quickly, just in an accelerated time frame). They are sensitive to heat sources because the heat causes them to burn blood faster, but are capable of being in sunlight--though they tend to avoid hot places. There are several covens world-wide though no truly united group. The only accepted unifying threads are the need for secrecy and hence keeping things quiet and somewhat "in the family" as it were. But there are as varied kinds of vampires as kinds of people, though it does take something and a half to survive. There are benevolent and less benevolent vampires.

Since the secret of their existence is so important, the vampires that are out there are starting to get angry. They've been around, hiding in the dark for centuries. Now, one of their own kind has gone rogue, and with the advanced technologies and weapons, those who wish to keep their secret have to move fast and carefully. The humans have discovered their secret before, but always the results were disastrous: Pompeii, the fall of Rome, the death of the Czars, and the Salem Witch trials. Humans may pride themselves on being more educated and wise, but people always fear what they don't understand.

At the end of the rp, we're anticipating the Shadow's death possibly at Sam's hands, but he's developed an attachment to her that we're still working out. But we'd love to have a few more of you join us and flesh this world and story out a little more!

I don't know if it needs to be made but a quick note just in case about the rp: if you read it (as we'd love you to do before posting Smile), you'll notice there are several posts in which our characters do not interact specifically with each other. I don't know if I need to say it, but don't be afraid of that Smile

Please post your ideas and character suggestions in this thread to be discussed and approved before jumping into the IC thread Smile We appreciate and value your respectful and creatively fantastic collaboration! Very Happy Yay!!
heart

Anyway that's the (rather long) gist Smile Did I miss anything, Shades?

EDIT:
Very Happy
For clarity's sake, this is a list of the current characters and a basic background (let me know if I've got anything mixed up or if I missed anyone) the vampires are in red and the humans are in blue:

The Shadow (aliases: Edward Laughlin, Demitrio Mancini, Shad): The vampire mastermind in control of the coven that is currently terrorizing Seattle (Kaislynn)
Jack Stone: vampire in Seattle, brother to Joss Stone, no coven affiliation (Eternity)
Joss Stone: vampiress in Seattle, sister to Jack Stone, no coven affiliation, mute (Eternity)
Sy: Cleaner vampire, in Seattle on business for the Italian coven to "clean up" the Shadow (Kail deWraith)
Kether (alias: Alsmot): high up vampire, in Seattle looking to "clean up" the Shadow (Everman)
Cal: #2 vampiress in the Shadow's coven. (Kaislynn)

Samantha "Sam" Adams: Paramedic, only survivor of a Shadow attack, witnessed him murder her sister. (Shades of Grey)
Darion Caine: ex-military turned journalist, in Seattle to track a criminal, has past experience with vampires (Kalaam)
Detective Conan "Co" Henley: Detective in the SPD assigned to the "Shadow" case, sympathetic to Sam. (Kaislynn)
Sean: Paramedic, Sam's partner, would very much like to see the Shadow dead (Shades)
Elaine: ward of Darion Caine, in Seattle with him, 18 years old (Kalaam)
Evan: Glass blower in Seattle, cousin to Darion Caine. (Kalaam)
Heather Adams: Younger sister of Sam Adams, killed by the Shadow. (Shades/Kaislynn)

Last edited by Kaislynn on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited for Character List)
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Darker City Streets: Closed. Empty Re: Darker City Streets: Closed.

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon May 18, 2009 3:15 am

I just gave the read through... few! You put that all together better than I could the first time ^_^ It looks lovely!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rigi-chan Mon May 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Looks interesting, I'm interested. The only thing that would specifically hold me back is not being sure what I would be in terms of characters. Any preferences that would effect the plot? It would be a good challenge to be given something I haven't chosen. Heh, in other words, I am lazy and uncreative and have a bad case of long moments staring at a wall.

Shoot Smile
Rigi-chan
Rigi-chan
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Wow! This sounds incredibly interesting, and I am excited about how much detail the two of you have put into this. Something that I also like is the most realistic portrayal of vampires you described. The story line is really intriguing too, and I really like the idea of a vampire going rouge and threatening to expose his kind's secret.

If I were to join, I would be interested in playing either vampire you described, really, as both sound like they could be fun. However, I would really need to read through the role-play you and Shades have going, since I'd like to be all caught up (like you said). I love 'creatures of the night'-type RPs, so this definitely interests me! Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon May 18, 2009 7:22 pm

*Squee!*

Sorry, couldn't help myself! I can't begin to explain just how excited I am for this story to get going ^_^ Fate: Since you've got a better idea of what you want to play, have at it! Reading up on the story is highly advised, (because it's fun!) so I'm glad you're doing that! And Rigi, if you haven't already you might want to. All possitions we're looking for are pretty important, Smile We want to make sure you like whatever you end up with!

We want to make sure that who you pick is someone who sparks your creativity, they've all got to evolve, so in the end they'll be yours. Smile (Did I just repeat myself? *Goes to look...*) Huh... anyways!

Henley: A Seattle Detective, part of MCU. He's a smart cop with a good wit and keen outlook. I'd say he's at the top of his game, a man who needed a challenge and found himself working the Shadow cases, which is starting to proove to be a headache. Henley will later be working along side a vampire (Maybe more) who is trying to hunt the shadow down as well.

Vampire: We've a spot for a vampire open that's in charge of hunting for the Shadow, and putting a stop to him and his schemes. Male or female, it doesn't matter, will eventually end up working along Henley, and trying to collect Sam. (Who obviously, knows more about the Shadow than anyone else as the game goes on. There will be a sort of 'tug-o-war' between vamp and Shadow over Sam, both thinking their saving her from the other, etc.)

Cal: You'll read about Cal in the story, he's one of the Shadow's main men, who will eventually turn on the vampire when he thinks that Shadow is becoming too soft. He's all for exposure, death, violence and destruction to any and all that gets in their way. (Signs of such corruption have yet to show in the story. Shadow and Cal are still working tightly together, since this really only just got off the ground.)

Let us know! Who want's what? Smile
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Mon May 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Shades: well put! well put indeed! Ah

Although, when reading the RP up til this point: I believe Cal was a female vampire--> but it can go either way, whichever you prefer if you want that character.

I'm so excited!
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rigi-chan Mon May 18, 2009 7:58 pm

It Cal can be female, I'll be up for that part Smile
Rigi-chan
Rigi-chan
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon May 18, 2009 8:09 pm

Most excellent! So what do you think of the story so far? Anything in particular pop out for Cal?
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Eeep! Sorry, I haven't had much time to just sit down to read the RP, but since Rigi will be taking Cal then, I'll be more than happy to take on the role of the other vampire. Their story sounds like a lot of fun too! Very Happy I'm not positive yet, but I'm thinking I'll make my vampire male (since I already have a female vampire character).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon May 18, 2009 10:21 pm

Of course, that's perfectly fine Smile We just ask that it's ready before a post is made, so you know what you're getting into Wink
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Of course. Smile I'm about halfway through the role-play now. It's very good!

So, this will be a continuation of what the two of you have going? In other words, our characters will be added the the same RP you currently are doing? Or is this something separate?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Mon May 18, 2009 11:12 pm

It's a continuation of the plot line. So same story. Eventually your character, Fate, will be interacting with Detective Henley, trying to get to Shadow, and probably Sam and Sean too (it's probable that he'll even, eventually get to Shadow, don't know yet Very Happy you'll be part of that decision making process).

As you've probably notice we do solo posts in which the character's aren't interacting with each other as well, so you can have characters on the side that you're controlling too: Other vampires from the Coven who may be in contact, victims or people that he talks to etc, this way the whole plot is moving instead of just the one frame of interaction. So what you'll probably be doing is posting into the rp (same board) and giving a few introductory posts that bring your character to the action and give his background story. Cal will be a little different. But somehow we'll get get Henley and your Vampire going and on from there. Is that helpful? Any ideas/suggestions?

Your character and the background and all of that is pretty much up to you Smile just with the goal of stopping and silencing Shadow. You can decide how much information about vampires you want to give Henley etc.

As a whole, the RP is a long haul rp Very Happy with a complicated plot and several characters, but all the characters are in the one rp.

Wow, I feel a little rambly. Does that make sense?
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 am

Yep! That makes perfect sense. Thanks for helping to clear it up. Smile I love the idea of having side characters or even just main characters doing different things and not always in the same places, as I, myself, do that as well. I usually always RP as at least 2 characters, so I'll probably end up coming up with a side character as well.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue May 19, 2009 10:05 am

Yay! That's awesome! Very Happy
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Phew! All done reading what you have so far! Wow, really, really great story so far! Very Happy I have been enjoying it. I'm going to start working on my vampire character now and probably another character of some sort. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rigi-chan Tue May 19, 2009 8:36 pm

Haven't had a lot of time, wont soon, sorry!
Rigi-chan
Rigi-chan
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Alright, here is just some basic info on my main character. I expect, like you mentioned, they will grow and turn into bigger characters of mine as their part in the story progresses. I might add some more tomorrow, and I will also be creating a second character too, most likely, but I'm just too tired to do it right now.

~

Liam London

Male
Vampire
Date of birth unknown (Looks to be around 30)

Appearance:
Picture 1 | Picture 2 | Picture 3
-baby blue eyes that seem to glow in total darkness
-fashionable $50 haircut
-pasty skin
-athletic, muscular, and built well
-typically mixes what's in fashion (in terms of clothing) with a hint of a rocker/punk style

Personality: huge sense of humor, outgoing, social, enjoys the company of both humans and vampires alike, laid back, has a short temper and small amount of patience, has a problem holding grudges, hardworking, once he gets involved in something, cannot stop & becomes obsessed

Biography:
For being as extraverted and social as he is, not much is known about Liam personally. Those that know him best would tell you that he must have a twin, because he always seems to lead two lives: In one, he appears to be a well-liked guy, often involved in the club and bar scenes, out and about and constantly meeting new people and traveling to new places. In the other life, Liam is a business-consumed man, haunted by his personal vendettas and duties, battling those of his own kin, specifically one that has become known as the Shadow, that would seek to expose their kind. In this second life, Liam stalks the other portions of the night scene, away from his usual sanctuaries, following leads and meeting with those who might be able to point him in the right direction toward ending this madness of the foolish rogue vampire.

For the most part, Liam balances his social life with his work life very well, though even a jokester such as he cannot deny the stress that this entire recent ordeal is putting on his underground community. To be exposed could only lead to impossible-to-avoid widespread government hunts to locate and control each and every vampire, so as to keep the public out of harm's way. The possibilities of truly being revealed to the world were endless, and each one Liam could contemplate was worse than the next, which is why he so eagerly fixates on finding the leader of this latest attempt to go public.

---

Jules Rome

Male
Vampire
Born 1960 (Looks to be around 18)

Appearance:
Picture 1 | Picture 2
-long, messy, 'emo' brunette hair
-dark brown eyes
-tall and thin
-wears graphic tees and faded, holy jeans, along with numerous bracelets
-has a lip ring

Personality: goofy, takes little in life seriously, laid back personality, random and spontaneous, has a strong allegiance toward his fellow kind

Biography:
When Jules was 9, he was taken to Woodstock by his hippie single mother. There, Jules met a flower girl named Jane that was just a little older than him that convinced him to give her his life. She and Jules played and danced and spent the weekend together camping out at Woodstock. She and him did her parents' marijuana together and got high and made out. Though Jules never truly understood what she meant when she asked him if he would be hers, he just assumed she was being cute and that she liked him.

When Woodstock was over and Jules and his mother returned to their trailer park back in California, Jules quickly forgot all about Jane. He went on with his life as a trouble-maker and a street thief. He earned his mother and him the great majority of the things they owned in their small trailer. His mother fell on hard times though, having been addicted to ecstasy and cocaine. She died at the young age of just 35, when Jules was 19.

It was that year that Jane found him. One night during a downpour, Jane from Woodstock appeared on Jules' doorstep at his mother's trailer home. He didn't recognize her, but she knew him. Eventually, she was able to jump-start his memory. The two made love all night. In the morning, Jules was woken up to a sharp pain in his neck. He found Jane with her teeth it in, sucking his blood. He immediately became disoriented, but when she offered him her own blood, for some reason he felt the very strong desire to take it. It was then that Jules became a vampire.

Jules and Jane eventually went their separate ways, seeing as Jane wanted to become a rich Hollywood movie star, while Jules simply wished to live a simple life on the streets, stealing whatever he wanted. Jules lived wherever he could, often traveling by train across the country, stealing whatever he needed and killing when he must to feed.

When word spread like wildfire that a rogue vampire was dangerously close to revealing their kind to the world, Jules panicked. His journey to find this vampire eventually lead him to another named Liam. Liam decided to work with Jules to find and quiet this vampire by any means necessary. Liam usually finds Jules as a nuisance and rarely takes him seriously, but the two being so closely related personality-wise, they typically get along like brothers.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Mon May 25, 2009 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue May 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Fate: Yay!
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue May 19, 2009 10:55 pm

nom nom nom nom.....

That third picture... that's my favorite. I'm afraid all he'd have to do it bat those baby blues at Sam, and she might end up spilling the beans right off the bat. Razz
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 19, 2009 10:57 pm

lol!

That would make for a hilarious, yet short-lived story. *can see it now* XD hehehe
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue May 19, 2009 11:00 pm

lol, well, have no worry! Sam's a little more stubborn than that Wink
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi, I'm back! Razz

Sorry for not getting my second character up yet. I'm going to work on that today, I hope. I'm really excited about this role-play, and I have been looking forward to it in my absence!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon May 25, 2009 2:05 pm

May I put in a character, if no one really minds all too well? Actually... can I put up two characters? I enjoy making brother/sister or some sort of foiling kin/friends to help create drama/action Smile I'm so odd XD lol.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 pm

I love the idea of having characters like that. Smile I'm definitely fine with you joining in, Eternity, though this is Shades of Gray and Kaislynn's RP.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Mon May 25, 2009 3:17 pm

Fate: Can't wait to read your second character! Shades and I are about ready to get the cops going on the outside of the art studio. Shadow's about to take off and Henley and Sean are going to converse then Henley will probably take Sam back to the precinct for interview. (that'll be Henley's next move anyway) I can't wait to see Liam in action!! Very Happy

Eternity! Hey! Thanks for expressing interest! Shades is out until later today (driving back from vacation, lol), but it sounds like an interesting idea! The first thing I thought when I read your post was that a brother/sister combo might be really interesting as the dissenting pair that tries to take over the Shadow's organization in a while. Right now they're still good, solid members and probably will be for a while, but eventually they'll start messing with things. Have you read the rp and all the extra info? I know it's a lot but we'd really like you to be a part of this rp in such a way that you have enough knowledge to create with us productively Very Happy instead of independently. Collaborativeness, yay! Of course, if you read through all the info and find that the dissenting vamps are not what you want to use your characters for, you're more than welcome to suggest other things Very Happy we only ask that you've read all the information so that you're characters work within the story. The whole board is one story. The characters don't necessarily have to interact with other characters all the time, but we want them to be part of the same story Smile yay!

So let us know! Very Happy Shades will be back soon and I'm sure she'll have wonderful words of welcome too! Very Happy
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon May 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Darker City Streets: Closed. Tbdt77

Name: Josselyn Stone (or "Joss" for short)

Appearance: Josselyn is a limber height of 5'7, with a slightly pale skin tone and yet appearing without scars. She appears curious, with dazzling blue eyes and long straight blond hair. Her full lips are usually still, and her make-up altogether points out to a punk-rock styled scene. She is usually caught in casual dress, with jeans and a t-shirt. As well, at all times she carries a olive green messenger bag at her side.

Personality: No one can really spot Joss's personality easily. She seems to enjoy alone time, and doesn't come off as selfish or bratty. Instead, she seems overly generous and timid. She has an amazing inner strength, but has yet to use it due to her shyness that keeps it locked away.

History: Joss was born with a problem. Due to her mother's smoking and current age of thirty-five when having her, she came out defected. Josselyn was born a mute child.
-
She grew up mostly in Chicago in the late 1980s and 1990s, deeply immersed in the loud changing music scene and wonderful scenery of the blossoming city. Yet she always hid herself, as soon as she was old enough to realize she was unlike everyone else. She lacked the ability to communicate.
-
At the age of 13, when she was at a prime of shyness and the onset of depression was near, her mother died of lung cancer. Her brother, Jack Briggs, was the only one who would take her in.
-
At the time, Jack was only 17, but he was already affording his own place and own lifestyle. Though his silent sister was a hindrance upon his rockstar dream, he kept her there. Jack was completely unlike her. He was loud and vicious, and a wild man in the making.
-
Joss spent a lot of time alone, for the first few years. Her and her brother had never been close, for he was always out and about, always escaping the family he pretended to so greatly hate. Because of such, everything was forever awkward between them. But after many repetitive trials, between his twisted love life and off and on drug addictions, and her own mute nature and easily-taken-advantage of ways, the two bonded greatly.
-
It was when Josselyn was 19, that she was turned. The night was so hazy, and she had been drunk. It was after a fight between her and her brother that sent her racing out into the night, to the edge of the city.
She had found herself lost, and unable to call for help or even scream. It was then she knew that she was being followed. And in the midst of the outer edge of the city, she was unable to cry for her brother as a vampire took from her her life as she knew it...
-
After this, it was not long before she ended up returning to her brother, and taking his own life. But it was then that she couldn't let him die- ashamed of her own actions and upset with her new-found lusts. She revived him by remembering the very way her own criminal had revived her. And together, the two vampires stayed.
-
A while later, and their killings got them noticed. Another vampire, Matthias, the one who had turned Josselyn, found the two and warned them of the consequences of being noticed by the humans. Thus, for their own safety, the two moved far and distant, to a place to start over in hiding....

Other: Josselyn is mute.
-She carries in her messenger bag two notebooks. One is a Journal, recording her every day life. Because of her mute nature, she has become an excellent writer.
The other notebook is a communication tool. She writes messages into it for others, and uses it to communicate with Jack a lot. If one were to go through it, they might run upon some of the fights that the two endure.

{{ Josselyn is now up for your criticisms Smile }}

Darker City Streets: Closed. 080805141424

Name: Jack Stone

Appearance: Jack stands a lean and tanned height of 6'2. He has a well sculpted face, with deep hazel eyes and a beautiful profile altogether. His hair is short and black, and usually slicked or spiked a bit. He dresses nicely, yet with a rockstar twinge, that adds to his appeal. He is cocky in appearance, and his eyes foretell mystery and tragedy.

Personality: Jack is a solemn man. He likes to be quiet, these days at least. He is stern and hard, and cold even. He protects what he loves, since he has no other way of showing or understanding the emotion. As well, he is rebellious- very much so. When told to do one thing, he may go out purposely and make a scene just to prove his opposing point.

History: Jack was born and raised in Chicago. His poor family drove him nuts, and he was thus molded into the creation he has become. At 16, he had fled his home and took his savings as he dropped out, and got an apartment. At 17 though, his freedom was infringed upon.
-
When his mother died, she asked him one simple favor, and that was to protect her daughter; his sister, Josselyn. The only reason the girl needed protection was because she'd be doomed to live with her unnaturally cheap father, or alone when she couldn't even speak.
-
For a long time, he was short with her. He would snap and yell and break down in front of her, but she was the only one who would listen. It was what she was good at; listening.
After a while, he grew to appreciate his sister, and decided to keep her around and protect her from the outside monstrosities.
-
After a long time, he had become a serious man who'd taken up a lot more responsibilities since the arrival of Joss. But he still didn't show off his emotions; keeping a cold curtain from letting anyone inside...
-
But after one fight, over the fact of his little experiment with heroine, she fled him. He was up, worried sick, and soon went out to find her. But when she was nowhere, he returned home and laid in bed, a knife by his pillow for reasons he was unsure of admitting.
-
When she returned, she was not herself. She was still silent, still quiet, but a new vicious desire burned deep in those blue hues. He came to her, and was unable to figure just what had happened, until she had taken his knife and taken his life.
-
The rest was a haze, but Jack did not die. He awoke, cursed as she was, and realized just how alone they were. After exploring their new monstrous hunger, they received a warning, and what he thought was a threat, from a vampire named Matthias. That was when they both decided it was time to leave, and try on this new life somewhere different...
-
Jack himself seems to stay out of play when it comes to the rest of the world. He just relies on his simple vices (no longer addicted to drugs though), and enjoys the world as it comes.

Other: Jack knows sign language, so he and Joss can sometimes communicate like that, but he isn't perfect at it. So when they are alone or sitting near each other, they communicate via a notebook from Joss's messenger bag.

HISTORY: BOTH:
-
Jack himself seems to stay out of play when it comes to the rest of the world. He just relies on his simple vices (no longer addicted to drugs though), and enjoys the world as it comes. In this new city, things seem to be going well for him.
But his sister Josselyn is more attentive, and more curious. And she is starting to notice a rapid increase in deaths by vampire. And now she searches, quietly, for the killer, as her brother sits in denial of danger in this new place.

I have edited my characters to be vampires who seek peace and solace in remaining but myths to the society that functions around them. They are now brother and sister.
Is this better? I can always re-edit XD lol.

Both characters are now complete, unless otherwise is said by an administrator.

Last edited by Eternity on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Okay, I added my second character! Very Happy I just edited my post with Liam in it, so it makes it easier:

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/advanced-ooc-discussion-f15/darker-city-streets-t28.htm#186
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue May 26, 2009 3:18 pm

There isn't a smilie on here with a wide enough grin right now. Razz

Eternity: Sounds good to me Smile
Fate: You as well Smile

You two are welcome to join; just take note that our vampires are very different from what you may be used to reading about; make sure you read up on Kaislynn's discription mentioned earlier, and that you've read all the posts. After that, you're welcome to join right in Very Happy!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 29, 2009 11:11 pm

So, I have a terrible, terrible confession to make. Sweat Drop I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, not only with dealing with finals and final projects at my school, but also a lot with all of my role-plays. I actually haven't done a role-play since back in...early March (just checked the date XD). So, going from absolutely no role-plays for a couple months to four is a tad scary, especially since it always takes me so long to post. No

I know that I've already taken the time to read through your entire role-play, along with your characters, and even created my own characters just for this, and I also really would like to role-play with you guys so much, but I'm just afraid that this RP is something that would take more commitment from me than I can probably afford to spare.

If you guys aren't too terribly upset with me, I hope you'll be alright with me reading this role-play instead to see how it develops! So sorry about this! <3
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:15 am

No worries, Fate. Life comes first, and you're being honest, which I really, really appreciate Aww There will be other rps, and who knows, maybe later on there will be a part that you're able to jump in and take over Smile And feel free to read and comment as you like!!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next