FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hill Top Daycare (Need ONE GIRL)

+3
Lara
Gunneh
World Traveler
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hill Top Daycare (Need ONE GIRL) Empty Hill Top Daycare (Need ONE GIRL)

Post by World Traveler Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:54 am

(Character sheet will not edit; however, story and information will be edited)

The Hill Top Daycare was one of the most popular and best places to send your child for after school and summer daycare in the town of Whitechapel. As the town started to grow the charm of the place seemed to grow as well. Soon the small business became a sort of second community with the kids making lasting bonds and the Sheehan’s becoming the towns helping hand. Thomas and Linda Sheehan both loved their work and loved the children even more. Though the years they keep Hill Top Daycare running. Unfortunately, three months ago Linda Sheehan passed away. She was followed by her husband soon after, and now the daycare is in trouble with taxes and outside pressure to sell threatening its future.

Enter your character a former child from the daycare who received a letter informing you about the death of Mr. and Miss. Sheehan. Thinking back to those warm days at the daycare you see the funeral service will take place at the daycare. Having the time to attend you look for a respectable outfit and send back your RSVP in the mail. Please include the following in your RSVP.

Name:

One fond memory of the Hill Top Daycare.

------------------------

This role play will be a romantic role play. The group is already formed for the most part so please ask though PM if there is room before posting a character sheet. There will be a point in the role play where the genre will be shifting from simple romantic over to a magical realism twist. The group will be posing for a picture; however, when it develops the position for everyone will change slightly so that your character is next to their soul mate. Once this happens there should be little to no more magical moments.

A full character sheet should look like this

Picture

Name:

One fond memory of the Hill Top Daycare.

*Personality:

*History:

*(optional)

Last edited by World Traveler on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Hill Top Daycare (Need ONE GIRL) Empty Re: Hill Top Daycare (Need ONE GIRL)

Post by Gunneh Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Picture: [click here]
Name: Alexander "Alex" James Ryne
One Fond Memory: "Near daily trips to the pool during the summer: Mrs. Sheehan used to tell me that I was part fish because of how well I swam..."
History:
- Attended the local university with a major in ROTC/Military Sciences
- Graduated with a Bachelors Degree and entered the Army as soon as possible.
- Enrolled in OCS (Officer Candidacy School)
- Graduated OCS and became a Black Hawk pilot.
- Was shot down during a mission in Afghanistan; received Honorable Discharge due to injuries.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Name: Jennifer Aster

One fond memory of the Hill Top Daycare: The general feeling of being safe, secure, and loved by the people who worked at the daycare. That, and her short-lived reign as champ of an improvised obstacle course.

*Personality: To be delved into via-RP.

*History (The basics for you to know =) ):
-Went to the daycare directly from school, as well as almost every day during the summer. Heck, spent more time at the daycare than she did at home.
-Has an Associate's Degree in Journalism.
-Currently working for a local newspaper, predominantly working from home writing articles while caring for her four year old daughter, Mia.

Last edited by Lara on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Hill Top Daycare (Need ONE GIRL) Daniel-Erlandson

Name:
Daniel Romeo

Fond Memory:
“Getting into a fight with a girl… and losing.”
“That’s a fond memory?”
(laughing) “Not really… it just sort of dominates the others.”

Recent History:
- After finishing high school he attended Julliard.
- Recorded a single album with an alternative/progressive rock/metal band before leaving over unspoken issues.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by World Traveler Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:16 pm

This profile is still in the editing phase.

Hill Top Daycare (Need ONE GIRL) New-lease-on-lifesaving-6242723
Colin is on the left.

Name: Colin Sheehan

One fond memory of the Hill Top Daycare: During the third summer at Hill Top Daycare Colin started out as a loner due to everyone having already bonded into their groups and friends. After the first week he started to dislike going to the Daycare only to be picked last for games and playing alone during other times. After a while he became the target for a bully who would constantly take the things he was playing with or using. Near the end of the summer after having a pretty miserable time the girl cornered him. Expecting the girl to finally punch him Colin was shocked when the girl kissed him in the cheek instead. The next day his parents came back and took Colin home.

History: Colin is the grandson of Sean and Linda Sheehan. Since his mother and father lived in New York he was only able to attend the Hill Top Daycare during the summer when his parents would fly him out to spend most if not all of his summer with his grandparents. During his time at the daycare Colin would be friendly, but always knew that he didn’t fully fit in since every else already had spent the whole school year together. Having to leave his friends back home every summer also made him a little upset with his family. This tension made Colin seem somewhat spoiled; however, he quickly grew out of this when he grew older and started to attend high school. At this point Colin stopped going to the daycare and instead would spend most of his free time traveling.

High school was very kind to Colin. He had his growth spurt early so the girls didn’t tower over him. He had his fathers looks where were hansom, and when combined with his mothers calm demeanor he was social with everyone and liked by almost the whole student body. Having an older sister who was one of the most popular girls in school also helped him greatly. It was during high school that Colin also found his passion in life which was languages and travel. His sophomore year was broken between his normal school and a high price international school where he took several language courses with students from all over.

Colin’s time at the international school was not only an educational experience, but also a great opportunity to make friends from around the world. One friend was a young man from India named Rajesh. Quickly the two became close friends and after Raj left for home back in India Colin begged his family to send him on a trip to see his friends home country. Getting his wish Colin spent a year after he graduated high school in India and Asia. When he came back he told his parents he had decided what his future was. Teaching English abroad.

After doing some research he found that the university in Whitechapel had an excellent teaching program. During his undergraduate in multiple languages including Arabic and Hindi Once he graduated he spent several months working on a cruise ship as a teacher for wealthy families who wanted their children he was able to convince Raj as well as a few other friend to join him on as other tutors and lifeguard work. After hearing about his grandparents passing he took a leave of absence and has gone back to help with the family estate and community. This has now given him a perfect opportunity to come back for his studies.

Last edited by World Traveler on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:49 am

Picture:

Name: Lyssa Montgomery

One fond memory of the Hill Top Daycare: Using the other children of the day care (willing or not) as guinea pigs in her quest to learn how to give hugs as good as Mrs. Sheehan's, and being able to climb the oak tree in the daycare's back yard faster than just about anyone.

Personality: quirky, spunky, caring, tomboy, forgetful, peace keeper, has an adrenaline junkie streak

Favorite Movie: Tank Girl

History: Her family moved away from town shortly after she entered high school, but Lyssa never forgot Whitechapel, The Hilltop Daycare, or the Sheehans. She's now a licensed civil engineer, in her last year of schooling for her masters in Structural Engineering.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Only need one more female to join! C'mon ladies! Just look at the display of masculine hotness gathered here for your romantic roleplaying pleasure!

I\'d Hit It
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by World Traveler Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:22 pm

Role Call for all those who have applied. How many people are still in this?
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:23 pm

I'm still in.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm still in.
Salute
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:45 am

You couldn't mention for me that I said I was still in, Wake? Thanks a lot! Laughing
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:08 pm

I posted that before I talked to you, so ~sticks her tongue out~!
I did tell Traveler that you were still on board, though.

Now we just need to hear from Gunneh, and if he's still interested to find that third female...
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:31 am

Oh. Well then... hehe
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Oooh... like the new avi pic..
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:21 pm

I know I'm double posting but can we assume now that Gunneh's no longer interested and start with just the four of us?
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:30 pm

What wake said~. That'd be awesome. =)
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:31 pm

~high fives~ ^_^
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by World Traveler Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:40 pm

I would be willing to cut the team short and have this be a four person role play. I will have to move around my schedule for the weekend and next week but I should be able to get the IC up soon. Needless to say I am very happy to see I still have a group of excellent role players for this plot Smile

Sorry about my absence everyone Sad
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Hey there Traveler, and let me be the first to say YEAY!
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Announcement

Due to laptop meltdown and an upcoming extended vacation, World Traveler will not around much for the next several weeks. He has, however, given me his permission to begin and maintain this rp until his return. He will update and contribute as he is able, and this is still his role play. I'm just helping out.

So, we will need another male character to take his place now and, when he returns, another female. If you know anyone who might be interested in either role, please ask them. Also, keep in mind that Mrs. Sheehan passed away three months prior to the start of this rp, so if any of your characters would have attended her funeral as well, please let me know. My character would have been there, fyi.

Lastly, please use the ooc for any thoughts, impressions, planning and ideas about storyline and characters. I want to know what you think so I can make this as enjoyable as possible for everyone.

Schedule of 'Events'

Arrival (for those from out of town) – Friday – Saturday
Viewing – Friday evening (family only) - Saturday evening
Funeral Service for Thomas Sheehan – Sunday morning
Reception at Hill Top Daycare – Sunday afternoon
After that – Depends on gameplay

Traveler's character Colin is there, but busy with family matters most of the time. Most of the immediate family is staying at the Daycare, but due to the outpouring of love and support from the townspeople, the Sheehan family has opened it to the public from 12pm-6pm each day for those wishing to pay their respects.

Linda and Thomas Sheehan

Linda Sheehan was a kind and vibrant person with an innate acceptance of everyone and a heart the size of Texas. If confronted with a mugger, she'd have probably had the man apologizing and rethinking his life choices within five minutes. Then, she'd give him her address and phone number and make him her friend for life. Many of those who loved her worried that she'd be taken advantage of, but that rarely seemed to happen. Instead, she tended to bring out the best in everyone around her.

A firm believer in correspondence, or 'hand-written sentiments' as she liked to call them, Mrs. Sheehan always kept near her a basket containing stationary, cards, pens and pencils, envelopes, stamps and recently received letters. She wrote often and faithfully to anyone who wrote her and seldom forgot a birthday or special occasion

Mr Sheehan shared his wife's love for people and for the children in particular, but in a more quiet and reserved manner. He adored his wife and always treated others with dignity and respect. Taking care of maintenance and repairs with quiet efficiency, he was the glue that held the Daycare together.

Just as Mrs. Sheehan did for the girls, Mr. Sheehan offered solid, steady friendship to the boys of the daycare. He always had time to talk and listen or just to provide a much needed distraction from life's stresses in the form of good, honest, hard work on whatever project or repairs he was working on at the moment. He also often took the older children aside to teach them basic home and garden skills or help them with their homework.

Once a child entered the daycare, they were family for life to Mr. and Mrs. Sheehan and they happily compiled a scrapbook for each one containing school projects, newspaper clippings, note, cards, letters, pictures and any other mementos they could squeeze into the pages. One could usually expect their attendance and support at plays, recitals, sporting events, weddings and other events around town.

Hill Top Daycare

Hill Top Daycare care itself was located in the Sheehan's home, a spacious cottage on two acres overlooking Whitechapel. Faced with an empty nest and more space than they needed, they moved upstairs and turned the main floor into a daycare. The basement remained Thomas' domain, housing his workshop and woodworking equipment.
(more to come)

Whitechapel

Whitechapel is a sleepy all-American town. Though modestly prosperous and modern, it still clings to old-fashioned ways of doing things and a feeling of closeness and community.
(more to come)
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:41 pm

Since I've decided that Jennifer still lives in the same town (XD), she would have attended Mrs Sheehan's wake, though probably not her actual funeral, as she's uncomfortable around graveyards.

Also, from what you've said about her, Jenny probably would have sent Mrs Sheehan a short letter announcing Mia's birth, likely because she's probably seen the Sheehans around town.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:45 pm

Lyssa would have missed the wake due to school, but been at the funeral, so they might not have crossed paths.

Mrs. Sheehan would have been as involved with your life and with Mia's as you wanted her to be. She was like that, loving, but not pushy, so do with that what you will. XDD
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Understandable, there. Still, I'll be able to use it as something to write about, I'm sure!

I'm quite certain Mrs. Sheehan stayed involved in Jenny's life, actually. Haha, she had probably been unofficially watching Mia even while she was too young for the daycare. XD

So! What else do we need to figure out? =) I won't be here for the next week, but while I'm here tonight I'm willing to help figure stuff out~.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:52 pm

To poke some boys. XP I think we're pretty much ready to start. If worst comes to worst one of us plays fifth wheel until Traveler gets back. I'll be working up a first post tonight.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:49 pm

Picture

Name: Timothy Sharp

One fond memory of the Hill Top Daycare: Going fishing with Mr. Sheehan and losing his glasses in the lake.

Personality: Timothy's a shy programmer who prefers his computer to people, and definately prefers talking through IM to talking through speech. Still, Mr. Sheehan was the closest thing to a father figure he had and he loved him deeply.

History: Timothy moved to Whitechapel with his mother when he was 8. Dad was a no show for his son's life so Mr. Sheehan was the closest thing to a father he had. Timothy followed Mr. Sheehan like a little puppy and was quickly taken under his wing. They went fishing together, played catch together, and bonded like a father and son while Timothy's mom worked in the town's grocery store. Timothy, or "Timmy" back then, was never really friendly with any of the other children, only playing when Mr. Sheehan encouraged him to. Now with Mr. Sheehan dead, he's came to pay his respects.

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:54 pm

Welcome to Hill Top Daycare, Elric! Character approved.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:25 am

Posted!

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:14 am

Nice work Elric!

Oh, and since I forgot to make an official announcement when I posted earlier, I hereby declare Hill Top Daycare open for business!
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Apologies for the absence. Finally got the good computer back yesterday and the internet/anti-virus stuff working this morning. So... I'll be able to post shortly. Probably tonight.

Oh, and due to reasons that will be revealed in the progress of the role-play (if anyone decides to ask about them and Daniel decides to inform them) my character returned to Whitechapel after leaving the band. So he was around for the funeral, Wake.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Wonderful. I look forward to your post Mel! ^_^

And welcome back!
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next