FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed]

+4
Gunneh
Guilty Carrion
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you want incorporated in this RP?

Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele109%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 9% 
[ 6 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele1013%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 13% 
[ 8 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele105%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 5% 
[ 3 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele103%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 3% 
[ 2 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele105%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 5% 
[ 3 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele106%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 6% 
[ 4 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele103%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 3% 
[ 2 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele100%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele106%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 6% 
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele100%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele1011%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 11% 
[ 7 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele1011%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 11% 
[ 7 ]
[ 4 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele108%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 8% 
[ 5 ]
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Votele108%Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Voteri10 8% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 64

Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Empty Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed]

Post by Loki Sat May 22, 2010 2:32 am

For any who wish to join this RP, I ask that you read Machine Flower before applying so that you have a thorough understanding of the world which this RP is derived from. The comic isn’t long and it won’t take much time to read; plus it is excellent in both story and design.

The actual storyline is pending player input before I come up with anything set in clay. Not stone, because I like making my RPs flexible to allow participants to contribute to the story, and not sand because every good RP needs structure. I have a few ideas in mind and want to hear your thoughts before I decide upon anything.

World Space:
In the United States of America, a catastrophic terrorist attack inspired the nation to elect a strict conservative government into power. Since then, the U.S. has enjoyed peace and prosperity. Indeed, the country recovered beautifully from its suffering and has grown into a shining utopia straight out of a 1950s television set.

To ensure lasting peace, the military is constantly developing new weapons to fight the threats from overseas. A New Jersey pharmaceutical company, Acacia Technologies, was contracted several years ago to assist in the development of genetically-engineered weapons, super-soldiers raised from childhood who would be capable of entering enemy territory with maximum stealth to execute attacks of inhuman proportion.

This project is called the Machine Flower Project.

Story:
[Vote pending]

Character Sheet:
Code:

[b]Number:[/b] 7-## (Pick 01-10 without copying the number of another player.  First come, first serve.)
[b]Name:[/b] (Will come up later as the story progresses.  We will be using numbers as names initially.)
[b]Age:[/b] (Late teens, early twenties.)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Image or description.)
[b]Type:[/b] (See below.*)
[b]% Human:[/b] (Nobody is going to be 100% human after augmentations.  More for the sake of character building, but machine parts add resiliency while making them more prone to Acacia Technologies weaponry.)
[b]Favor:[/b] [Success or Failure] (Determines the administration’s view of your character, mostly for story.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Brief description is fine.  Please include how the effects of experimenting and abilities development has effected your character.)
[b]Initial Opinion of Administration:[/b]

Subject Types: (Special thanks to Shadow for helping me with several of these classes.)
Spoiler:

Terms:
Failure - A Subject who has failed to successfully complete at least 50% of their experimental objectives or otherwise lost the favor of the administration.

Success - A Subject who has successfully completed 50% or more of their experimental objectives or otherwise earned the favor of the administration.

Toxic - A Subject with whom physical contact may be poisonous or otherwise hazardous to one’s health. Due to the acidic nature of her blood (and, to some extent, other bodily fluids) 9-01 is classified as a Toxic.

Last edited by Loki on Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Empty Re: Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed]

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sat May 22, 2010 3:59 am

Bahahaha! I voted.

Will be working on a character here soonish. Think I'd like to call number 3.

Edit: Decided on the type I want. Arenian, here I come. I'll be working on the sheet off and on all day.

Last edited by Shadow Moonseye on Sat May 22, 2010 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Empty Re: Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed]

Post by Guilty Carrion Sat May 22, 2010 8:52 am

You had me at Machine. My interest is ensnared now. Forever your thrall.

I'll begin work ASAP!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat May 22, 2010 11:41 am

@ Plague: Muhaha

Number: 7-01
Name: Tavi
Appearance:
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] 1197860787_Anime_Boy1
Type: Athenian
% Human: 85%
Favor: Success
Personality: Subject 7-01 is among the oldest of his unit and has a maturity to go along with it. Rational and logical, he most often plays the role of mediator, pacifier, and negotiator in any conflict regardless of whether he was involved to begin with. Even before he passed the Athenian procedure, One was always eager to make friends of those around him; a trait that was greatly magnified after the procedure with the understanding of the strategic value behind having additional allies.
Initial Opinion of Administration: Although their methods are harsh, they are necessary to keep Subjects from bringing harm upon themselves or one another.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat May 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Gimme 7-02 Very Happy I'll also be making a Hadesian Razz
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sat May 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Number: 7-04
Name: Uriel
Appearance: Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Anime_guy-1
Type: Artemisian
% Human: 70%
Favor: Failure
Personality: Uriel is a quiet guy who doesn’t speak up very often. He likes being with the other subjects, despite what motives or feelings Uriel gets from them, and does his best not to anger anyone else. However, due to his abilities, he has trouble trusting anyone. Being able to see what lies beneath is more than a barrier when it comes to making friends. Despite all of the experimentations and augmentations done to his person, Uriel is a much held back person. Uriel tends to shove his anger to the back of his mind, rarely lets it come to the forefront. As for the facility staff however, he does his best to prove he cannot be controlled. He has failed tests on purpose just to show them, and they know it. He mainly wants to go live life as he’s heard about. Just an average teenager doing normal things, not going through life or death scenarios meant to test his abilities.
Initial Opinion of Administration: They can go to hell, period.

Hopefully this is good enough Loki. let me know if I need to change anything.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat May 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Looks good Quaker, accepted.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sat May 22, 2010 1:33 pm

This sounds awesome!
Still open? I would love to join, if thats fine with you.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat May 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Still open, feel free to throw up a CS. I am actually surprised by the amount of interest this is generating. I might have to have to break it into two separate RPs...

It'll be something I'll keep into consideration, but I'll wait to see how many people wish to play and the results of the poll.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat May 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Number: 7-02
Name: Thomas
Appearance:

Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Anime_guy_by_Jacob88

Type: Hadesian
% Human: 80%
Personality: Two is often considered to be the more light-hearted of the unit, often cracking jokes to try and lighten the mood if things get tense. When it comes to his duties, though, he's serious as can be and follows One's orders without question. He's not been entirely phased by all of the alterations that Acacia has given him, but merely sees it as an "upgrade" of sorts: He's watched the humans that perform the tests on them and realizes that the unit is better than them, both physically and mentally, which in turn makes him extremely prejudiced against the humans.
Initial Opinion of Administration: (Will finish later)
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sat May 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Number: 7-03
Name: Erin
Appearance:Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Inner_Confrontation_by_peewee82
Type: Arenian
% Human: 76%
Favor: Failure
Personality: Three is the loudest member of her unit. She speaks her mind, and holds nothing back; no matter who she might be talking to. She’s obnoxious, crass, and vulgar. She’s the first to challenge anything, and seems to constantly be looking for a fight. Combining all of this, she’s not the easiest person to get along with. Though she butts heads with nearly everyone on her unit, she does care for them. For the most part. She has cultivated this rough and tough survivor attitude to disguise the fact that she is emotionally scarred by the testing; and often suffers from terrible nightmares.
Initial Opinion of Administration: They can go fuck themselves.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sun May 23, 2010 1:20 am

Number: 7-07
Name: Raest
Appearance: About six feet tall, one hundred and twenty pounds. Light olive colored skin, with long blonde hair, generally held within a ponytail. His large eyes are a deep shade of brown, warm and inviting.
Type: Aphroditian
% Human: 60
Personality: Probably the best word to describe 7, is laid back. He is almost always able to keep his calm, but is anything but serious. He uses sarcasm at every opportunity he gets, and uses humor to keep others calm as well. He doesn't use his powers very often, only when needed. In combat, he definetly isn't the strongest, but uses his agility to its fullest extent.
Initial Opinion of Administration: Hatred, but he can keep it under control.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sun May 23, 2010 9:28 am

Just so no one steals it, I'm gonna be making an Apollonian.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun May 23, 2010 4:26 pm

I like this idea. May I reserve a place? I still need to read the comic.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun May 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Alright, 7 people is enough for one RP. I'm closing enrollment for Unit 7, but if there is enough interest, I wouldn't mind having another Machine Flower RP running side-by-side. Who knows, perhaps we could have the two Units interact at various points.

Unit 7's story will be about their experiences inside the facility and their eventual escape (attempt?).

If there is enough interest, I'll run a story for Unit 2 where the Successes have been expertly trained as Acacian operatives, causing alienation of the Failures. Unit 2 will be experimental mercenaries with the possibility of hunting down Unit 7 if the opportunity arises.

If we have any volunteers for Unit 2, feel free to continue voicing your interest. Anybody who has signed up before this RP will be in Unit 7 unless they tell me otherwise. Smile Just to clarify, Unit 7 and Unit 2 will be separate RPs (at least initially) that will be running parallel from two separate threads.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Is this still open at this time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun May 23, 2010 7:28 pm

As mentioned above, there are no openings for the Unit 7 RP, but I am accepting players for the Unit 2 that will be running in a RP that will be happening parallel to Unit 7's. I'll be posting the story synopsis sometime in the next few days.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon May 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Would you rather me play a Zeusian or a Hermian? I am still reading the series.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon May 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Entirely up to you. If you are looking for some help deciding, I think I'll have a small event for the zeusian later in the story, but it is by no means essential and can easily be modified for almost any class.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed May 26, 2010 1:20 am

Number: 7-05
Name: Kegan
Appearance: Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Picture
Type: Appollonian
% Human: 95%
Personality: 7-05’s mind and focus never really seem to be in the same place as his body. His thoughts are prone to wander, often attempting to decipher the location of the others of his unit. Very few people have the ability to snap him out of this dreamlike state, the most predominant being One and Three. He cares little of the well being of his own body, although he seems to possess an almost sixth sense about the physical, and mental, conditions of the other subjects, and always seems to follow those that are in the worst state of mind.
Initial Opinion of Administration: 7-05 barely even registers the Administrations presence, and gives them no more thought than required.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed May 26, 2010 4:50 pm

All those who have submitted a CS are accepted; Hermes will still be involved once she gets a CS up. In the meantime, I'll be working on the IC. Very Happy
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed May 26, 2010 8:07 pm

IC is up! I arranged the intro posts to encourage player collaboration to draw out pre-existing character relationships.

Plague and Gunneh, the Hadesian treatment is what I mentioned to you in the chat room.

EverMan and Quaker, the Hunter-Hunted exercise is a counter-operative test between your characters. Quaker's character will attempt to track down EverMan's character in a obstacle ridden forest while EverMan's character attempts to throw off Quaker's ability to track through his compelling ability. Consider it a game of power-ridden hide-and-seek.

Shadow and Hermes, (I'll fix the "##" portion in the announcement once I find Hermes' character's number). Combative exercise is exactly what it sounds like, the two of you are testing your abilities in one-on-one combat. I think it'll work for either Zeusian or Hermian types.

If you need any help with your intro posts, don't hesitate to ask. I hope you all have fun with your collaborative intro posts, it's something new I'm trying and can modify it if you all find it too difficult this time around.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu May 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Number: 7-06
Name: Lye
Appearance:
Machine Flower: The Unit 7 Incident OOC [Closed] Taso10
Type: Zeusian
% Human: 49%
Personality: Six’s life revolves around the challenges that the doctors create for the Machine Flower Project. Her days and even nights are centered on one goal: making the perfect solider of the Zeusian-type. Everything is designed as an obstacle to be passed and surpassed and #06 relishes in the challenge. Her whole mind-set is based on problem resolution, obstacle solving and challenge completion. She is, in essence, the perfect candidate because she wants to do the testing and she wants to advance her body past the limits; she wants to be a success. And a success she has been; but that is about to change. Six has begun to develop incapacitating seizures that have seemed to come from nowhere. Doctors talk in whispers about ‘over-charging’ and ‘short-circuits’ and ‘organic burn-out’ and Six wonders what they mean. She is fearless when in the face of a challenge, but she can be smug if her abilities are in question.
Initial Opinion of Administration: Six views the administration as essential to her growth. She doesn’t even imagine a life without their tests and challenges. The outside world is a mystery to her, but she has no reason to escape from the facility.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu May 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Accepted, welcome aboard Hermes!

Since your RL time constraints will keep you busy until next week, One will go ahead and spar with Three just to get the ball rolling. If you need any ideas on how to make your intro, just let me know and I'm sure we can get some brainstorming done. Smile
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallenknight13X Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Looks like I may be the first to put some interest in the Unit 2 RP. I have yet to read the Manga but from what I have seen of the RP so far and the character sheets colored me interested.
Fallenknight13X
Fallenknight13X
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Sounds good Knight! I'll send you a PM whenever I am ready to get Unit 2 underway.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallenknight13X Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Sounds great I will read up on the Manga so I am ready if/when this happens.
Fallenknight13X
Fallenknight13X
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Whenever you are ready, Loki, we can figure out a way to introduce my character.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Great posts so far!

In case you haven't read my announcement, I'm going to be out of town until the 20th. In my absence, continue going through your intro testing and working on your character interactions. If you have any questions about the world, use your best judgment according to the Machine Flower world. If you still are looking for a second opinion, I'll give final decision authority to Shadow in my absence.

Have fun everybody!
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Is this rp dead?
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next