FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ora Noc Terrol: The Road to Paradise (Closed)

+8
Gunneh
Guilty Carrion
SpaceWheeler2.0
quakernuts
World Traveler
The Melancholy Spirit
Hisoka
Shadow Moonseye
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ora Noc Terrol: The Road to Paradise (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ora Noc Terrol: The Road to Paradise (Closed)

Post by Shadow Moonseye Wed May 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Unfortunately, Hisoka will no longer be joining us in the search for Paradise. This will not be affecting the plot or the story, I just thought everyone should be aware.

Now that that bit of unpleasant news is out of the way, I'm very impressed with everyone! Your posts have all been of exceptional quality, and I'm looking forward to continuing to rp with you all.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Ora Noc Terrol: The Road to Paradise (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ora Noc Terrol: The Road to Paradise (Closed)

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Gunneh needs to type up a proast

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Wed May 26, 2010 9:46 pm

I believe both Gunneh and Mel will be posting tonight. So, no worries! ^^
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jewels Thu May 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Name: Amelia Halstrien

Appearance: Her body is usually covered in the clothing of a pilot. She wears various shades of brown, from the light brown of her gloves to the dark brown, almost black, of her jacket. Her shirt underneath is a lighter brown, and her pants are just as dark as her jacket. She wears dark brown boots, and a hat of the same dark brown as her jacket. Goggles rest on her hat and she uses them every time she flies, regardless if she needs them or not. Her long red hair is, for the most part, hidden under her hat, but a braid can be seen. Her skin is fair and thus she burns easily. Her eyes are hazel.

Personality: Amelia is addicted to the air, to the rush. She feels most at home in the sky. But while she prefers to be alone in the sky, she is quite social on land. She’s not extremely talkative, but is comfortable with carrying a conversation.

History: Since she was little, Amelia had always had her eyes set on the sky. Her father, Rick, was a pilot, the reason for her obsession. Her mother, Mayra, worked a job at a nearby restaurant, as the family was poor. Practically all their money went towards Amelia’s schooling, as well as her older brother’s, Chase. He was three years her elder.

When she was nine, her father was shot down. He transported cargo around the world, and the government had asked him to take a special job. The info was leaked and a terrorist group shot him down. In a way to repay the family for the loss of their father, she and Chase were given all the money they needed for their educations.

At eleven, she was sent to an aviation school, as trade schools were common on that planet. Her brother had left as soon as he had received the money, to study ancient history. Unlike Chase, she didn’t care much for school, and so flunked out at fifteen. Two years later, her mother died, and she moved in with her older brother.

This was also the time that she began searching for old airplane parts, the death of her mother finally pushing her to do something with her life. At nineteen she built her own plane. However, it didn’t fly for even ten seconds. The plane was trashed and Amelia came out with a broken left arm, as well as a broken dream. However (after her brother talked with her), it wasn’t long before she was building her next plane. At twenty-two, she finished it only to have it crash on her first flight, resulting in more injuries. She built several more planes, but it was when she was twenty-seven that she finally built a plane that worked and worked well. With this plane made by her own hands, she flew around the world.

Suddenly Amelia found herself seen as a local hero on her planet of Omida, but this sudden fame came with a price. Only a few weeks later, her brother announced to her that he was leaving. He didn’t tell her where he was going, just that he was on the verge of a breakthrough.

Three years later she received the news that her older brother had been found dead, on Sheol.

Devastated, she locked herself up in her home—his home as well, as all of her money had been spent on her airplanes. She mopped and stared off into the distance for weeks. One morning, she woke up and abruptly tore the house apart. As she was destroying the place, she came across documents about Ora Noc Terrol, which contained information her brother had pieced together about it and the planet that it was found on—the planet he had died on. With these papers she found a copy of a map—a map where various locations on Sheol were marked for possible places where Ora Noc Terrol could be.

Amelia’s focus shifted then, and she put aside her airplanes, in order to save up the money needed for such a trip. It took a few years, but she got the money needed and slipped off the planet. A few stops later, she found herself on Sheol.

Her brother had allowed her dream to become true, and so she is allowing his dream to come true, by discovering Ora Noc Terrol herself.

Profession: Pilot

Inventory: She has a wad of money in an inner pocket of her jacket, as well as a ragged knapsack, which holds her canteen full of water, a few days ration of food, a very basic first aid kit, a wrench, and an old journal of her brother’s, with several sheets of paper about Sheol tucked inside.

Other: Inspired by http://caseyjewels.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d48kng
Casey Jewels
Casey Jewels
Mist
Mist

Female

http://caseyjewels.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Thu May 27, 2010 9:35 pm

Accepted! She looks, good! I'll go throw her up in the character post, so feel free to get to work on your intro post!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Mon May 31, 2010 12:33 am

Hey all, I won't have a post up until Tuesday. I'll have family over all day Monday for Memorial Day. If you don't want to wait for me, that's fine. I know you want to get moving, Shadow, so you have permission to mention me following along if needed.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:06 am

Thanks for letting me know Space.

Now that Plague, has put up his intro post, I just need everyone to finish up their business in the shop, then I'll get this rp moving!

Good work everyone, I'm loving the posts!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:12 am

Okay, I know we were still waiting on Traveler and Wake to finish up in the shop, but I didn't want Ora to stagnate so I decided to do a bit of a godmod and get the ball rolling again. If you two want, you can use the first part of your nest post to play catch up or you can use a flashback later to show what happened.

So, to make sure everyone is on the same page:

Everyone is now out of the gunshop. Jack is leading us out of town, where we will then travel to Kel's. Please, keep together and don't wander off.

It is late afternoon on this part of Sheol now. We'll be spending the night at Kel's.

And that's about it. I look forward to seeing your posts!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:04 am

Well, I was hoping that it wouldn't come to this, but it seems you all deserve a scolding!

Why have I not received any posts yet? I can understand people who are stuck waiting on others, but the rest of you, for shame! It isn't that hard to write two silly paragraphs that equal ten words for a minimum post! Have your characters complain about the dust and the weather or the angry shopkeep and his outrageous prices! So shame on you all.

I don't want to see Ora die, so much as it pains me to godmod and push things forward I will. You guys have three days (four if you're lucky) to make any posts that react to the current events; Monday evening I will move us out of the town and along the road.

Use the time in town well. Ask Jack questions if your characters have them, or socialize a bit. We aren't all loners here after all.

Alright, scolding is over. You guys are all still awesome, even if you're a bit slow. Keep your eyes open for that bestiary, I'm planning on getting that done here in the next day or two. I'm looking forward to your posts!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Gah. I know I promised I'd get a post in tonight but I doubt that is actually going to be possible. Sven called a little bit ago and apparently we have some business to discuss of, I quote, "epic proportions". So, not sure if I'll be around in time to post tonight/tomorrow morning before I have to crash.

Most likely wouldn't even be back at all until sometime tomorrow if I wasn't using the mother's jeep. >.> hehe

Anyway, sincere apologies Shadow.

P.S. This is why I usually never make plans or promises... >.>
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Alrighty, Mel. Thanks for letting me know, and its fine. No worries! Have fun!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Alright, so I'm a big fat liar. Sorry; life got a bit hectic as I finally got a job. Anyways, I'm working on the post today. Look for it between now and tomorrow night.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:49 pm

~hugs Shadow~ It's okay Madame GM. It happens to all of us. Congrats btw, on your job!
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:57 am

*cues the Orchestra!*

I have finally posted! Took me long enough, I know. Razz Anyways, a few things to help you understand my post and better set the scene:

Its been a few hours that they've been on the road. Two or three.

You've just been attacked by our first group of bandits!

There's roughly 17 bandits. Let's not mow them down too fast, alright?

You can die if your character doesn't respond in the correct manner. So, be smart: use the cover I provided. (The trucks.)

That being said, if your character gets shot have them react accordingly. If they haven't ever been shot before they shouldn't just shrug it off.

Elric is sadly no longer with us, and he wanted me to off dear Festus. So I sent him off as Sheol's first PC victim.

Aaannd, I think that's everything. If you've got questions, ask me and I'll clarify. I look forward to our lovely group's reactions!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:24 am

Ora Noc Terrol: The Road to Paradise (Closed) - Page 2 Samael10

Name:
Samael

Appearance:
She has fair skin, a result of often wearing a thin hooded poncho over her standard attire, and long dark hair and hazel eyes.

Height:
170.688 cm

Weight:
63.5 kg

History:
Samael is a native of Sheol. As far back as she can remember she was a slave to raiders. Among the other girls, few as they were, the men took as slaves she was forced to do whatever they desired; cooking, carrying supplies, tending wounds, among numerous other, and often worse, things. In her approximate young teens another group came across her slavers. During the raid she suffered a crippling injury to her right arm that rendered it useless. After the raid she and the other slaves were taken in by the group, a sect of cult-like nomadic sadist; all of them women.

They gave her the name Samael, eventually finding a doctor that they were able to pay and work for to get her arm fixed. Being only sixty-percent or so biological her arm requires injections of specific chemicals from numerous tubes. During her stay with them she accumulated the tattoos that now cover her body, as well as the training in combat and a few other fields. Samael was one of only two of the slaves to be fully incorporated into the sisterhood. As a test she and the other were forced to kill the girls they had grown up with for so long.

After several years with the group Samael broke her vow to them. She left quietly on a moonless night, killing the sentry to make sure she got out safely. Since that night she has avoided them as best she could, now residing in one of the few cities on the planet in an attempt to evade retribution for her betrayal.

Profession: Currently working as a gunsmith.

Inventory: Two sub-machineguns, a double-edge sword (more of a relic than anything), a few packs on her belt carrying steal casings for her injections. Common necessities for living.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:12 am

Sorry for the lateness, guys! The post is finally up!

Mel, she's accepted. but you already knew that. So I'll go throw her up on the char post. For everyone: I don't want too many secondary characters, but if you do want to make one let me know what you have in mind and I'll see about fitting them into the story.

Now, about what happens next:

So, battle is over. You all survived your first encounter with the bandits of Sheol! Go you! However...those were pretty crappy bandits. From now on things will become more challenging to over come, more difficult to face. In-fact, you can expect to run into some encounters and baddies that you can't win against and the best option is to run!

I'm gonna give everyone until about oh, lets say, Monday to post up any interaction time you want before I start us back on the road to Kel's. That brings me to a question for all of you. After we get moving again, do you want some interaction time on the road or would you prefer that I just skip us all ahead to Kel's?

One last quick thing: QuikSeal is like that liquid bandage thing they have. It's light green when it dries and provides a quick seal for minor flesh wounds. Guaranteed for up to eight hours!

I think that's it for now. If not, I'll come back with more notes and such. Let me know what you guys want, and remember if you've got questions please ask 'em!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:17 pm

I don't really have much concern either way, myself.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:12 am

BOO!

Hah, and you all thought that this was dead!

No, not dead. It was just on hold while I tried to reclaim my muse. Thankfully, I have! As you can see by that big ass post I just threw up. Anywho, I'm gonna head to bed now and get some sleep...

If you have any questions, either shoot me a PM or ask 'em here and I'll answer them.

Spoiler:
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Hahaha! I was wondering what that spoiler was! Also, sorry for the absolute random and sudden bail from the IRC last night. Heard movement on the other side of the house and I didn't feel like getting bitched at for being on the computer at 2:00 am still... hehe

But... YES! FINALLY! A POST!

~fires the Quaker cannon in celebration and watches five ducks fly off toward Istanbul~
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:40 pm

MY GOD.

A POST.

MADNESS.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Rargh, I'm gonna be working on a post for this here in the next few days. I'll either guide us through the whole dinner up until someone asks Kel a question, so we can figure out what's happening where, or I'll let us go through the dinner post by post. Dunno yet, so we'll see.

Hopefully that'll get things moving
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Name: Jubal Lazarre (alias Liam Canfield)

Appearance: Jubal is a lightly muscled, handsome young man with a ready smile and light brown eyes. He stands an easy six feet tall and moves with the ease of a natural athlete or dancer. His skin is lightly tanned from a life only recently outdoors, but anyone can see by his smooth hands that he is not used to hard work at all. His razored hair is dark with long bangs feathered with white. Atop his head, he’s found some old welder’s goggles that shield his eyes from the Sheol sun.

Spoiler:

Personality: Unlike his volatile twin sister, Jubal, is cheerful and generally carefree. He is curious, sometimes unhealthily so. Growing up he was forever squirming into gated yards or losing himself in some dusty old shop for hours. He can focus minutely when something interests him, be it music, a girl or some dusty old map that is obviously a fraud. At other times, he’s as flighty as any young man without a care in the world. He is flirtatious, a rogue, a scoundrel and other names to many a young girl's Fathers. He rarely misses the opportunity to steal a kiss. He loves a good scam and adventure.

Biography: Jubal’s Father was a minor city official in a small provincial town on an outlying planet calledTdarnek and his mother owned a pastry shop. They had only the twins and doted on them. Jubal and his sister, Yvette were as opposite as could be. Where he smiled and charmed, she was driven and focused on her desires.

Jubal grew up happily in a warm and loving home. His mother indulged him and he exasperated his father with his lack of focus. He rarely got into any real trouble and when he applied himself, did very well in school. But he never liked to work. It was far too dull for his tastes.

Skills: Jubal has tried apprenticeships with several different trades but lacked the focus to stick with any of them. As a result he has some skills in typesetting, black smithing, plumbing and even as a street artist. His natural curiosity makes Jubal more observant than normal and at times he seems to have flashes of intuition which are in reality his subconscious processing things he’s seen or heard. He has an uncanny sense of direction and an easy likability. Jubal’s cheerful personality does make older companions tend to write him off or feel protective of him. In his times of avoiding having any real job, he gained many skills including pickpocketing, picking locks, palming small objects, lying in a completely believable manner and can charm the socks (or more) off of all but the most astute. He’s not a perfect Con, but he’s learning.

Weaknesses: Jubal is as unaggressive is his sister is combative. He’s been in a few scrapes as most humans have been growing up, but only when he was forced to protect his friends. Jubal is a fast talker rather than a quick draw.

Inventory: leather messenger bag filled with rain poncho, knife, 4 days dry rations, 3 water skins, first aid kit, lock pick tools in a carefully rolled leather case, loaded dice, several packets of cash stashed in different pockets from cheating at cards and an old stone with a depression worm in one side from eons of handling.

Weapons: One hand-made, crank-powered air gun that fires ball bearings. It is a heavy pistol type weapon with fair accuracy up to 50 yards. Jubal stole the weapon from a dead bandit, but has yet to fire it and learn it’s particular quirks. He also has a leather wrapped heavy, flexible steel baton. While it potentially can be deadly if applied correctly, it is mostly used to break bones or cause temporary paralysis of limbs.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:28 pm

Name: Theodore Harold Edmund but his "friends" call him Jack.
Appearance: Ora Noc Terrol: The Road to Paradise (Closed) - Page 2 Troubled_by_theprodiqy
Jake has the looks and style of an old world movie star. He tries to wear only the best clothes in the world added on to that is his very confident personality and he has an attitude that is infectious. But then there is the other side of Jack, which is shown on his belt, which is loaded with knifes, and in his coat pockets which have more knives. When not talking or in the middle of the action Jack could be seen ALWAYS running a finger or two along the many knives on his belt.
Personality: A gentlemen, kind, intelligent and a complete sociopath.
History: No one quite knows who and where Jack came from. But to hear him tell it. It goes a little something like this. "I was born to a good god fearing family, who did their best to survive in a place such as this. More importantly they did the best they could to raise a young man like myself. Despite my...differences from the other children I did my very best to make friends and made several throughout my life. Course, friendship in this world is like the sand, in one moment it call all get blown away.

Anyways continuing my life story we arrive to perhaps the most important moment in my life. I came to posses my knives by a wise shaman who gave me them with the belief I would bring balance to the force. I trained daily with the use of them, learning what one may call the ins and out of metal blades and their effects on the human body. I also spent much time researching geometry and its possible application to ricocheting the blades to their target. I would however also do the math on paper before ever attempting it on my partner.

Oh I forgot to mention that after learning all I could from my sensi I left to be come part of a knife throwing duo. This however didn't last long as she became jealous of my skills and perhaps it was rage that made me miscalculate the throw but sadly I have had little luck locating a replacement. The chains on my hands also seem to hinder any possible search to get me back on stage."
Profession: Was once a member of a knife throwing act duo. However a tragic accident had made him a one man show. Honest.
Inventory: Knives. Lots of them.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Okay guys, now is the time to get in most of your questions to Kel. I'd like to answer them all in one swoop, but I understand that some other questions may come up after the answering. So, we'll just see how many come up after the answering then decide if I'll open another round of posts or jump us to night.

In the mean time, I have something I want you all to think about. Through the course of Ora, there will be some massive distances and times involved, and I understand how long/boring it would be to rp through every single day. So my task to all of you is to think about how you want to handle the time. Do you want to rp certain parts of the day? Certain days? Key events? etc. Think on, and please, PLEASE let me know.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:00 pm

Time skip if nothing is going to happen with interludes for char dev
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:27 pm

I would time skip with maybe a couple of camping sequences so that our characters could interact a little with each other. Not every day sort of deal, but maybe once a week sequences sort of thing if we're travelling these super far distances.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:14 am

Time skips when necessary would be alright with me. I'm still idle till everyone gets done asking Kel questions, though, sooooo.....

GET TO IT, EVERYBODY!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sun May 08, 2011 1:40 am

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN ORA NOC TERROL!!!

Hey guys;

Now that I have your attention I have an important announcement to make regarding the future of Ora Noc Terrol. I don't know if you realize this, but the one year aniversery is fast approaching...and we're still in the first day! Ora has been a wonderful experience, and I have come to love all of you dearly as wonderful writers and good friends. We've had our share of ups and downs and I know that I haven't exactly been the fastest poster or the most driving GM. And I am deeply sorry for that. Your patience with me has been outstanding and I am so thankful for it.

I have spoken with a few of you, and after much thought and deliberation I have decided that it is time for Ora to have a new beginning. I will be revamping some things, updating others, and scraping others. There will be a new character sheet, new OOC and everything. So if you're still interested, keep an eye out for the OOC to go up sometime in the next week.

That said, I will be locking both this OOC and the IC thread shortly. If you have any questions, please PM me or catch me in chat/the chatbox. I'll be happy to answer them.

Again, thank you all for your participation and support; I look forward to restarting Ora again with you!

~ Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2