FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Rain OOC: The Insanity Is Here!

+3
Eternity
Shekinah
Kingmaker
7 posters

Go down

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Empty Black Rain OOC: The Insanity Is Here!

Post by Kingmaker Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:55 pm

Okay, if you didn't read the interest check, I hate you.

Not really. Here's a linky. http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/casual-interest-checks-f22/black-rain-insanity-trigger-survivor-horror-t2420.htm

Read up on that, post a character there, or here, and we're golden.

Kay?
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Empty Re: Black Rain OOC: The Insanity Is Here!

Post by Shekinah Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:19 am

Yay for OOC Razz hmm... Maybe i'll come up with a second char today, I want a male again! haha
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Empty Re: Black Rain OOC: The Insanity Is Here!

Post by Eternity Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Eternity wrote:Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! The_Witch_by_ValentinaKallias

Name: Abigail Valentina / "Valentine / Val" (as she goes by her last name)
Sex: female
Former Occupation: Security Systems Shift Designer
Weapons:
-Tactical Stiletto
-Pistol (Sig Sauer P220 Equinox)
Affected?: Yes. Effects include:
-Mutation:
-->The fingernails have grown out on her left hand until they are sturdy and sharp, only an inch long though. But they have also grown back into her fingers, having grown both ways. Because of this, her fingers are bound by band-aids. Every time her nails grow in either or direction, she bleeds a little from every finger and feels immense, numbing pain in her left hand.
-->Her teeth are sharper. A less painful something, but her canines are sharpened and slightly longer than the rest of her teeth. But don't take this as being vampire-like. The rest of her teeth are wicked sharp as well; like a wolves' teeth. Because of this, she tends to bite her darkening tongue or lips, and when she has her mouth closed, one can see her canines either out of her mouth, or against her lips from the inside (as having to hide her teeth makes her look as though she has an under-bite).
-Other:
-->Her mind is still somewhat sharp, but she has extreme paranoia about people following her, and strangers on the street.
-->Her hormones are somewhat rampant at times, making her have urges of lust and anger for short bursts of time.
She was infected the first day on her way home. She looked to the sky and a drop fell on her lips, a little getting inside of her mouth. After that, she's come in very slight contact with it twice more.
How did you survive: Valentine survives because of her good acquaintance Thame, and annoying little brother. She's also tough, unafraid of most things, and stubborn as hell. Dying is just too easy. As well, she's a tactical person. Having worked for a large security firm for two years, she knows the layouts of most buildings, as well as how to hack most automated locks, car alarms, and security setups.

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Any_questions__by_phenomdesire

Name: Thame Estevan / "Amos"
Sex: male
Former Occupation: Security Systems Field Tester & Maintenance
Weapons:
-Benelli M3T Shotgun
-Hunting Knife
Affected?: No
How did you survive: Amos survived by being the toughest and most thought-provoking smartass around. He spent six years in the S.W.A.T. team and was done with that career by 27. He's got extreme combat training, a small arsenal of weapons, and the kind of training that prepared him to deal with all the damn crazies. He's also smart enough to know that if the black shit makes you sick, to stay away from it. After that, he worked in the security field.

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Boys_appeal_by_fogke

Name: Aaron Brooks
Former Occupation: Cashier at the local BP Station
Weapons:
-Kukri
-Phantom 9mm
How did you survive: Mooching. He stuck with his foster sister Abigail and her ... unexplainable ''acquaintance" Thame. He acts tough, but without the guard of his bigger and wiser buddies, he'd be dead ten times over. He does have some skills with theft and sneaking around, though fighting and being intelligent about much of anything totally eludes him.

Shekinah wrote:Is it okay for me to come up with a second char later on? At any rate, here's my first char:

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! For_example_by_mamtonamp3

Name: Alun van Brenkenhorst
Sex: Female
Former Occupation: Student/Researcher
Weapons: Bagh Nakh, Beretta
How did you survive: Because Alun was a student-researcher she was residing in The Netherlands for the pas few months, conducting research about prisoners in that country. She just came back to City Prime.

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Japanese-guy

Name: Yosuke "Josh" Hokoshima
Sex: Male
Former Occupation: Scientist
Weapons: Staple gun, stun gun, axe.
Affected?: Yes, but just recently, so he's in the stage of dementia and just entered the stage of increased hormones and pheremones.
How did you survive: He's a scientist, the reason he was affected so late was that he never trusted the black rain to start with, since it was such a new phenomena. He has been inside ever since the rain started to fall, observing it from behind his window and seeing what it did to people who got affected. In the end he figured he had to try to come into contact with it too, if only to see how he himself would react to it and because he thought he could otherwise never find a cure, if there was any.

[I'm not sure yet when I'm going to use him though]

Loki wrote:I would like to be in control of both of these characters from the beginning of the story rather than establishing one as an NPC. Would that be acceptable?

Character Sheets:

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Keep_Breathing_by_fhrankee
Name: Ahnissa Elrich
Former Occupation: Student/Athlete
Weapons: Aluminum Baseball Bat, Hatchet
Affected?: Yes, showing signs of forgetfulness, sporadic hive-mind, increased resilience, and bouts of insomnia.
How did you survive: Ahnissa had been unaware of the true effects of the Black Rain until the damage had already been done. Fortunately for her, most of her free time was spent at her brother’s side helping him to recover from his illness rather than spending time outdoors; though she still had come into contact with it enough to develop mild symptoms.

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Heartbeat_Quanta_by_fhrankee
Name: Chase Elrich
Former Occupation: Apprentice Mechanic
Weapons: 9mm (or futuristic equivalent), Machete
How did you survive: Chase had contracted an illness that left him bedridden for nearly two weeks, starting just before the Black Rain began to fall. By the time he had recovered, suspicions had arisen suggesting that the Black Rain may be responsible for the sudden unusual behavior of the general public. After realizing mild changes in personality in his parents and sister, he opted to err on the side of caution and avoid any direct contact with the unusual substance.

Kingmaker wrote:

Name: The Tall Man
Sex: Male, obviously.
Location: He appeared in the Slums first, because that's where the Affected gathered the most...
Former Occupation: Well, this would take all the fun out of guessing, wouldn't it?
Weapons: Himself. The Affected.
Affected?: Oh, God's blood, yes. You could say, he's the epitome of affectedness.
How did you survive: Simple. He didn't.

Spoiler:

That's the main villain.

My Player Character:

Name: Joseph Doren
Former Occupation: Photographer
Weapons:
-Camera
-"Beatin' Stick", a reinforced metal pole with what appears to be concrete and barbed wire at one end.
-"Old Miss Fire" An old, slightly unreliable pistol.
Affected?: He's been affected with paranoia, hallucinations, brief flashes of the Hive Mind, and hormone/pheremone tracking abilities.
How did you survive: Joseph was caught in the first downpour. He'd been out, searching for clues on a paranormal scoop. The scoop? Some tall, lanky guy kept appearing. No one knew how, where, or why, but bad things always followed. He'd last been seen near a water-treatment plant. Joseph was walking home, empty-handed, when the rain started. It got in his eyes and ears... He spent the next few months in a paranoid stupor, before slightly awakening in his room, surrounded by hundreds of pictures of a tall, white male. In each and ever photo, the face was blurred.

Joseph vowed to find this man, and figure out what the Black Rain was.

Spectre wrote:Heya. Well, if you're still looking for players willing to fight or flee, im in. If not, you can sure use my character as an NPC to destroy if you wish ;P... or even trash. up to you. xD

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Charlie-Hunnam450x599,5
Name: Andrew 'Andy' Robinson
Former Occupation: Rookie Police Detective
Weapons: pocket knife, [licensed] concealed carry G19.
Affected: No
How Did You Survive: Wearing a rain jacket, and a hood. Didn't ingest any black rain, nor receive any through the orifices. He kees seeing slight hallucinations however, of a tall black figure in the corner of his eye every once in a while...Regardless, his partner has been away from work for a week. He plans to visit him sometime, and bring an umbrella.

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Mccann2460
Name: Donald 'Don' Rothgar
Former Occupation: Senior Police Detective
Weapons: Concealed Carry short 357 revolver, swiss army knife
Affected: yes, recently. Dementia, Hallucinations,
How DId You Survive: Well, he was not wearing a hat on the last day of work he attended. However he was able to receive the black rain through both his eyes and mouth, unintentionally of course. His trainee and partner has been trying to get ahold of him, however he has been unavailable for a week or so...

Kail DeWraith wrote:I didn't realize there would be so many cops. Hopefully this is ok. If not than let me know and I can change this.

Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Scary-guy-thumb3995469

Name: Robert O'Guin
Former Occupation: Police Officer in the Gang Unit
Weapons: Kimber SIS .45,Benchmade Nimravus Knife, 10 inch flashlight, telescoping baton
Affected?: Yes, early stages of being "affected" by the Black Rain
How did you survive: Robert worked the slums of Prime City. He was out on a routine "walk-through" when the rain started to fall. Being without his rain jacket he was soaked in the rain. He did get a little of it in his eyes. Since then, Robert has gone building by building, doing his best to make it back to his family in a better part of town.

YenWen wrote:Black Rain OOC:  The Insanity Is Here! Amena
Name: Amena Nahrazi
Former Occupation: Telemarketing
Weapons: Small knife, kept from her father as a memento. It can fit in her pocket, but is still very sharp. Comes in handy in some situations
Affected? : Yes, in the early stages.
It started not long ago, but its affects are becoming apparent. Amena’s been easily enraged at everything in her path for about two weeks or so now. Her nights are filled with still sitting in front of the window, instead of precious sleep in her bed. She has bad spells of extreme tiredness during the day, due to her insomnia, thus she confuses her beginning hallucinations for simple day dreams. Being female, she’s also assumed her hormonal imbalance
How did you survive: Amena used to run frequently, just to keep herself in shape, so falling and skinning herself was nothing new. Unfortunately, although the rain was strange, she didn’t think much of it, being used to some of the disgusting things to be seen in the city-state. She skinned herself, tripping over a curb, and into a thick rain puddle. Her legs, from the knee down, were covered in the watery substance. She went home and showered quickly, but it wasn’t enough. She denies she’s affected, however, and tries to live her life as normally as possible. Under a paranoia of his own, her boss at one of the local telemarketing firms knew she was affected when she first started showing up to work tired from sleepless nights. He fired her shortly after, afraid the disease may mutate to being spread from person to person. Since losing her job, she’s begun to stay in motel rooms in the slums, until she can find a new place, and a new job, there, where people won’t believe her to be one of the Affected.

So I've put all the characters thus far up here. I did this so that we can move most of our topic conversation and other conversation here to the OOC, where it belongs <3

Last edited by Eternity on Sun May 02, 2010 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Anyone notice that all of our females' first names start with "A".
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:06 pm

That's a little creepy, to be honest. Anyways, thank you so much, Eternity.

I feel like I should explain something, so we don't get a misconception going:

The Black Rain falls sporadically. It's overcast all the time, so it can rain at any moment. At the beginning of the RP, it's currently NOT raining.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:08 pm

*smacks face*

I was wondering about that, and I wasn't sure or not. So I put up info about the tarps to perhaps speak of the people living near Thame and Val, and the local paranoia of the rain.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, since rains start randomly, it's a good idea to keep the tarp up. You're actually why I posted this :3

But I'll wait until everyone gets at least one post in there to push the story along...

...And possibly get our first victim.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:58 pm

Hey everyone, I'm at work currently and I wont be able to post for a few more hours. Hope that doesn't ruin anyones night. I'm excited about this role play. I'll post asap (hopefully in about 3 hours).
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:41 am

I do hope my post wasn't too long or trailing :/ I was a bit worried about that when I posted it. If you have any questions about it, please ask. I hate having misconceptions about my posts >.<

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:00 am

Since it's Queen's Day over here, I won't have time to post today. Expect my post tomorrow.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 am

Well, since the weather sucked (what do you expect living in The Netherlands...) I'm able to post today! Soo... *off to post*
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:16 pm

I have a question. Is there any sort of thunder, or even lightening before the rain? Or does it just fall?

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:16 pm

It just falls. There's absolutely no warning. This rain, if you haven't figured it out yet, is sorta sentient.

But maybe I show my hand too much...
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:18 pm

wants... to... post... again so BAD!!!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Sun May 02, 2010 12:07 pm

deep apologies this weekend i was at a driver's intervention program. i'm back and able to post Smile
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun May 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Is there any place that you wanted our characters to meet up?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri May 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I dunno if this is still alive, but either way:

I'll be leaving for Moscow this Sunday and won't be back for the next week, so I won't be able to post.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun May 16, 2010 8:33 pm

I was wondering if this RP is still active and what is the next step in the story.

Update?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down