FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago's C2E2

5 posters

Go down

Chicago's C2E2 Empty Chicago's C2E2

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:58 pm

This Friday through Sunday, April 16th-18th, is Chicago's Comic and Entertainment Expo.

I'm excited to be going! My boyfriend Thomas and his best friend/roommate are both incredibly into comics and graphic novels, so they're psyched, and I'm a bit more casually into comics. I'm actually really looking forward to meeting Dave Tango and Steve Gonsalves from Ghost Hunters and get their autographs. Thomas and I are going to try and go really early on Friday too so we can try and be one of the first 100 in line so we can get autographs from the actors playing Kickass, Hit Girl, and Red Mist! We read the Kickass comics and are really looking forward to the movie! :]

Will anyone else here be attending at all? I'm not sure if anyone from FOG lives anywhere close to Chicago. Thomas and his roommates live downtown, and I'm just outside in a suburb, so thankfully we won't have to travel and worry about hotels and whatnot. It would be really cool though to find out if anyone here was going!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Chicago's C2E2 Empty Re: Chicago's C2E2

Post by Loki Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Damn. If it was in May, there would be a good chance that I could attend since Ohio is much closer to Chicago than Oklahoma. That and I'll be taking the FE on Saturday...

Mad
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:04 am

Obviously, I didn't go and couldn't go, but I just wanted to congratulate you on getting a new boyfriend. I hope he's a great guy who treats you right. ^^_^^

Did you have fun at the C2E2?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue May 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Aww, that's too bad that it didn't work out to be at the right time, Loki. Sad It would have been so incredibly cool to meet in you person!

Kathryn, ahh thank you, hon! :] I'm really a much happier person these days. I feel like can breathe easy. It's been nice. He's definitely the most wonderful boyfriend, and I feel absolutely blessed and lucky to have met him. He's been supporting me in so many ways and has been here for me since the beginning. ^^

C2E2 was great! I wasn't able to take too many photos, since I don't have a working camera any more other than my really, insanely crappy cell phone, but Thomas' (my boyfriend's) friend let us borrow hers for a couple. All 7 of the pictures I have are up on our website if you or anyone else is interested: http://www.creativecomicscorps.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=8783171 I got to see Steve and Tango from Ghost Hunters! (Though I didn't actually meet them, because the line to them was long enough to be in all day!!)

We got a lot of our comic books signs by the artists and writers, so that was really cool. A lot of the big names in comic books were there, and my boyfriend (being a huge comic book nerd lol) was really excited about that. I really enjoyed it!

We're (my boyfriend, his roommate, and I) are actually hoping to pay for our own table come next C2E2 where we can sell our comics and artwork.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 11, 2010 10:01 pm

That sounds like it was a lot of fun. Those pictures were pretty cool. I really loved that cosplay of the Phoenix, and the art you got was awesome.

I really hope that in the future you'll be able to set-up your own table. With how good you are at advertising, I'm sure you'll succeed in good time. Your artwork is awesome, and I always love seeing more of it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Wed May 12, 2010 2:38 am

I just looked through all of the comic previews and I've got to say...Thomas' style is interesting. Definitely not in any kind of bad way, but usually you see comics now-a-days going with all of those crisp lines and rounded everything. His style seems so jagged and rough...and it's pretty damn cool lol I love it when artists test the boundaries and the "status quo."

I'm definitely going to check out the CCC site a bit more often to keep up lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed May 12, 2010 2:49 am

I rather miss the days of jagged, rough sketches with simple pens and everything is shaded for effect... much more realism. Like the original Crow by James O'Barr... that kind of artwork for comics/graphic novels has always been more interesting to me.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks, Kathryn!

I really like all the different styles in comic books. When you look at comic books done by different artists, it's easy to tell the difference between pencilers, inkers, and colorists. I was learning a lot at C2E2 without even realizing it. There were some really great and amazing comic books we came across that were done in a different style than what is typical for most American comic books, and some of those had a more sketchy, organic feel, like Thomas' style. I really admire all the styles out there, and I think just having one standard style would make it much less interesting.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: