FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, World! (Well, forum, anyway)

+6
Kalon Ordona II
Kathryn Lacey
Gadreille
Descent
Bird of Hermes
Capfalcon
10 posters

Go down

Hello, World!  (Well, forum, anyway) Empty Hello, World! (Well, forum, anyway)

Post by Capfalcon Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Hello!

As you some might guess, I'm interested in computer science. However, I'm a student majoring in biomedical engineering. I'm a junior, figuring out what to do this summer. I've been doing tabletop RPGs for a while now, and a friend of mine talked to me about this forum for a bit. It caught my interest... and here I am!

I really enjoy reading, all kind of games, and pick up sports. I've recently blown through all of the Dresden Files, and I'm trying to get to a bookstore to get the newest book, because my college is in the middle of nowhere.

While I'm new to free form RPing, I think that I'd enjoy similar games to the ones I've enjoyed as table top RPGs, such as urban fantasy, science fiction/fantasy (depending on how technical people want to get), and supernatural investigation.

Last edited by Capfalcon on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Er. I have no idea what that was even supposed say.)
Capfalcon
Capfalcon
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Hello, World!  (Well, forum, anyway) Empty Re: Hello, World! (Well, forum, anyway)

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Welcome!

Glad to have you here. I am the friend, in case anyone was wondering. Capfalcon is a good friend of mine.

-----

Greetings, Capfalcon! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in there. (This is the formal deal and links and such that are helpful, if you haven't viewed them already.)

Hello, World!  (Well, forum, anyway) 13fe758e06

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

Take a moment to browse our fourms and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Hello, World!  (Well, forum, anyway) Empty Re: Hello, World! (Well, forum, anyway)

Post by Descent Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Welcome to FOG Capfalcon! Very Happy

I'm a relatively new member here also and while I've yet to properly join a role play, I can tell you that this is a great community and a forum that can keep you more than contented while you search for your desired role play entry!
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here at FOG. I know there are a lot of other dresden fans here Smile I read the first two but I haven't had time to read any more. That is on my summer to-do list!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Welcome to FoG, Capfalcon!

We have people from all over the world in this Forum, so your thread subject wasn't too far from the truth. ^o_~^

It's good to see another friendly face.

If you really enjoy reading, you may enjoy the 50 Book Challenge. It's a good place to start a personal challenge for yourself to read at least one book a month ((twelve books a year)) where you can keep a record of your progress. If you join, there's no need to fret if you don't accomplish your goal. It's just a good way to encourage people to read more.

I've only read the first two books in the Dresden Files... At least... I think I've only read two... I may have read three, but I can't remember. I did really enjoy the ones I read, though. I want to read more of them, but I'm currently working on Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. If you like urban fantasy, I'd suggest you read that book. I believe it falls under that category. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Capfalcon!
Any relation to Captain Falcon, super-fast hover-racer extraordinaire? xD

Great to have you here! If you have any questions about how forum role-playing works, or about the forum in general -- or anything, really -- don't be shy about asking. You'll likely get two to five people racing to see who can deliver the page of answers first. xD

Enjoy the site! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Welcome to FOG, Capfalcon! This is definitely the place to be for awesome role-playing, no matter if you're new to it or a seasoned pro. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions or need help with anything. That's what the mods are here for, and I guarantee there will be a bunch of other people jumping up and down to answer questions too! Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:36 pm

I appear to be a little late on the welcome wagon, but better late than never--so they say.

So! Welcome to Fog! Hermes has already provided you with all the pertinent links, and I do believe that all that's really left for me is another welcome.

Oh! You can check out the chat, or the OOC forum games to get to know your fellow foggers, and let them get to know you.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay here in the mists!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:39 am

Welcome to FOG, Capfalcon Very Happy If you need any help with anything, just click on a user with a pretty colored name and shoot us a PM. Sorry this is so short: I'm currently jacking WiFi from McD's and my battery is dying lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Hello, World!  (Well, forum, anyway) WelcomeToFOG

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts, Cap! I like giving abbreviated nicknames to people with aliases longer than I care to repeatedly type out, so I'll just call you that henceforth.

Table-top games are a good introduction to roleplaying. It's not wholly different jumping into free-form roleplay, except that you don't have to roll dice or wait for the DM to specify most things, and you're writing out character reactions and observations instead of doing spot checks and reflex saves. Obviously some games are run differently from others, but the concept of collaborative storytelling remains. The object is simply to provide your own little piece to a world in development; a story that shapes itself and sprawls out over countless places and through the perspectives of numerous people as you venture about, slaying dragons, rescuing empresses from distant galaxies, battling the supernatural forces of evil in a modern urban jungle or any other scenario your mind can conjure up.

In short, this is just a place, and roleplay is just a practice, for people who enjoy telling stories, whether individually or in cooperation with others of similar mindset.

I can't remember if I've seen you in the chat room yet, but feel free to check it out. It has its lively times and its dead times - the former usually being during the school hours for both the typical college student and the high school kids - but it's a great way to get to know some of the more active users of the forums. It's also a good way to to get in touch with moderators when you need help, since most of the current moderation team hang around in there frequently.

Anyway, I'm sure you're settling in all right, since it's been a couple days since your introduction. So, I'll just bid you another hearty welcome and let you be back on your way. Good luck navigating the fog!

See you around! Aww
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down