FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catharsis of the Self

Go down

Catharsis of the Self Empty Catharsis of the Self

Post by Ylanne Abdul Saleeb Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:08 pm

Note: This was originally posted on another site where it attracted little interest; those who indicated interest forgot within a day.

Looking For: Literate roleplayers willing to commit to this roleplay and not let it die. Please create and develop a realistic, sympathetic character, regardless of 'affiliation'.

Roleplay

Setting: June 2009, or thereabouts. The modern day.

Plot:

Three young boys grew up together in the Gaza strip in the 1950s. They played together, laughed together, and ran in the dusty streets of the newly formed Israel together. But by the time they were twelve, each had been indoctrinated with the doctrine of fear and hate that permeates the Middle East, and particularly, that region. Aharon was a good Jew, and he did not associate with Christians, and especially not Moslem Arabs. Mohsen was a good Moslem, and he did not associate with Christians or (god no) Jews. David was a good Christian, and he did not associate with Jews or Moslems, especially when Christians were such a tiny minority in Israel. The three boys never saw each other again. Each family migrated to America at varying intervals, and established themselves in the Land of Opportunity, applying for citizenship and granting it to their children, those three boys. . .

Fast forward to the present. 2009.

Aharon's family had settled in New York, where he attended a Jewish school and later graduated from Brandeis, returning to the Big Apple to work in a lucrative software design business after graduation. Aharon was in business meeting in the World Trade Center when the first plane hit. He died while on the phone to his wife, Miriam, a private security consultant who recorded the conversation. . . Aharon's last words were "I love you, I love you, I love you. . . Tell Sarah I love her. . . I'm going to die, Mimi, I'm really going to die. . . I love you. . . " The name "Aharon Ashkenazi" appeared on the lists of those who perished on September 11, 2001. . . Sarah, his daughter, is attending Cornell University and has developed an infatuation with a graduate student, John Hubbard. . .

Mohsen is a veteran FBI agent, and he had been working in the Organized Crime division of the FBI for years, helping bring down mafia families and shatter the intricate ties of crime syndicates until the attacks of September 11, 2001. Then, shocked by the brutal violence his own brothers in faith had inflicted upon his fellow Americans and Moslems in the Twin Towers and Pentagon, the FBI transferred him to New York and reassigned Mohsen to the newly created Counter-terrorism division. . .

David still lives in Boston, the city his parents chose when they left an increasingly dangerous Israel. He retired last year from the real estate business, and lives with his wife. David's son Joseph converted to Islam in college, which broke David's heart, but unbeknownst to him, Joseph was indoctrinated into radical Islam shortly before the September 11 attacks, and disappeared abroad, returning to America under a false name, "John Hubbard". Joseph is now under investigation by the FBI as part of what might be an Al Qaeda terror cell lurking in the most unlikely place: Ithaca, New York. "John Hubbard" from Britain is enrolled in Cornell University as a graduate student. . .

The three families will face each other and confront their pasts once more, as love replaces hatred, lines of religion are crosses, and Al Qaeda prepares to strike once more. . .

Our Roles
The characters to play are "Mohsen", "David", "Joseph/John", and "Sarah". So yes, there will be romance, and apparently, elements of a 'school' roleplay, but romance develops over time, and kisses usually don't happen on first dates. If you play Sarah, you can't also play Joseph/John, and the converse.

Player name:
Character name:
Description: (don't over do it, no pictures, no clothes)
Post in a roleplay sample:

Apply
So, please respond here with your interest and profile. Note: You can change the character's first name so long as it fits the ethnicity/religion specified, but make sure you specify the 'working' name.
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Ylanne Abdul Saleeb
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down