FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Endless~

Go down

~Endless~ Empty ~Endless~

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:52 am

~Endless~ 9zw1lg

"Life is pleasant, Death is peaceful. It is the transition that is troublesome."
- Isaac Asimov -

~~~

August 03, 1857
Journal Entry 681

Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End. All that breathes life has their existence chained to these simple yet profound words. Tis' nothing but a simple fact accepted by many. The Gift of life comes with The Gift of Death. A natural cycle. Mankind clings to life with the ultimate goal of finding happiness before the end draws nigh. Truth be told, this has been man's way to cope with Death. "To die happy..." Or so they claim, would be the true purpose behind their lives.

But what becomes of man if he was denied The Gift of Death? Will the meaning of their existence shatter like fragile glass? Will man redefine the meaning of his existence? Will he seek what was taken away from him? Can he continue to live on without losing himself when everything around him constantly changes? These are just some of the endless questions that would be asked without a shadow of doubt, but the real question is will he find the answers? A long journey lies ahead. No... A lonely, endless journey...

December 24, 1960
Journal Entry 790

Christmas Eve. A time of joy, a time of giving and temporary peace. Mankind held on to this event, cherished and anticipated it's forthcoming every year. Despite the wars and all the recent world mishaps, many if not all, holds hands and celebrates this glorious event. It's fascinating. Man's enemies yesterday becomes their friend just for this day. People say it's the Christmas Spirit at work.

A popular tale among the children and some adults is about the Saint in Red. Be good throughout the year and he will come and give you what you desire when Christmas comes. Many believe it, a few does not. Will it bring harm to pin one's hope to that individual? It's worth a try. There's one who had tried to be good throughout the years and has been eagerly waiting for his arrival. The cold may have been a harsh companion but it was all that he had.
Alas! He did not come. Again...

December 31, 2009
Journal Entry 839

New Year's Eve. The end of the past year and the start of a new one. What does it truly mean? Tis' hard to comprehend why man feels the need to mark the end of trivial matters. Perhaps this is a question one who has lingered on for so long cannot even begin to fathom. A moot point.

People change this time of year, this has always been the case for many. Bad habits left behind, new frontiers to explore, ties broken and bonds formed... truly a time of change. But for one such person, why does everything still remain the same? How is he to start anew when his time is frozen? Is he the only one experiencing such a curse? Is there any reason behind all this? What is he to do with a frozen time? Questions that have never changed and probably never will.
If there lies an answer out there... he must find it!

~~~~~~~~~

Updated!

Last edited by Ethereal on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

~Endless~ Empty Re: ~Endless~

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm intrigued.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:19 pm

If only my brain would function more appropriately instead of having random thoughts... I could finish this one up and start looking for a partner. The interest shown is very much appreciated. Inspired me to work more. Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Perhaps we could brainstorm together? I'm game if you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:39 pm

I'm down with it. Very Happy currently in the IRC as Ether
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content