FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destined I : The Cataclysm (OOC)

Go down

Destined I : The Cataclysm (OOC) Empty Destined I : The Cataclysm (OOC)

Post by Ethereal Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:02 pm

DESTINED : THE CATACLYSM

Destined I : The Cataclysm (OOC) 25heut1

The year is 2121, Earth has been united under one rule. But even so, this was a time where many came to recognize as The New Age, where Humanity finally took a step forward in the process called technological advancement. It was during these times when people no longer have to worry about diseases like HIV, Cancer or even the rarest of diseases. In The New Age, all of them are treatable.

Flying cars at some point were considered to be advanced technology, at least they were fifty years back. People have come to live a compact lifestyle too. Everything that used to be a hassle to carry can now be Minimalized, the common term people use when shrinking their things to "pocket-size".

All of man's achievements to date, medical, military, social, economical, ecological, all of them have been made possible by the large conglomerate named FRDM.F or Freedom Frontier. Their goal? To open a path and lead mankind to new possibilities of advancement. Sounds noble but there are others who think otherwise.

Last Stand, a global faction who strongly believes that Freedom Frontier is up to no good. These people are hell bent on exposing FRDM.F's plot to usurp global control from the government. The masses say that those people involved with Last Stand are crazy to go up against a government accepted and supported conglomerate such as FRDM.F. Sadly, the masses are right. However, Last Stand refuses to go down quietly hence, conflicts broke out. The government and FRDM.F against Last Stand.

Ten years of fighting ensued. It was a long and bloody battle but FRDM.F and the government managed to cripple Last Stand by assassinating their leader Joaquim Stranz. Even with the head of the snake crushed, the body refused to die. Remnants continued to oppose the ruling powers with the same goal in mind. To bring down Freedom Frontier.

In an attempt to completely crush Last Stand, FRDM.F with the government's approval, developed a special armed force called Swords, along with the revival of a forbidden technology, Teleportation. Swords were comprised of Z generation humans modified to become Freedom Frontier's ace against their adversary. In layman's terms, Z-Gen humans are without a doubt, humanity at it's finest.

Against FRDM.F's Swords and the forbidden technology, Last Stand was backed into a corner and strained to their limit. Still unwilling to admit defeat, Joaquim's successor, only known by the name Professor Strahdt, began Project Alice. Professor Strahdt convinced the few remaining members of the Last Stand council to believe that Project Alice was their last hope to defeat Freedom Frontier. Project Alice gained Last Stand's priority which gave it a considerable boost in completion.

This is where our story begins...
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Destined I : The Cataclysm (OOC) Empty Re: Destined I : The Cataclysm (OOC)

Post by Ethereal Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:18 am

Ok, now all we need to do is come up with characters.

Here's a Character Skeleton. Let's keep it simple Smile

Image: Real/Anime (Doesn't matter)

Name:
Affiliation: (FRDM.F / Last Stand / Government / Citizen)
Type: (Normal / Z Gen)

Supporting details: (You know, brief bio and stuff like that. Doesn't have to be a novel.)
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Destined I : The Cataclysm (OOC) Swordsman

Name: Alfrei Bluheart
Affiliation: FRDM.F, Swords, Unit 4 Captain
Type: Z-Gen

Supporting Details:Alfrei, a carefree government peace enforcer who got seriously wounded while trying to save civilians in the middle of a crossfire between Last Stand and FRDM.F. His actions that time did not fail to capture the eyes of an FRDM.F Officer who happens to have taken an interest in him and saves him from certain death.

Reported to have been "dead on arrival" after being rushed to the nearby medical facility, FRDM.F secretly transported him to their headquarters where he was modified to become a Z Generation human or Z-Gen.

Upon complete recovery, Alfrei was given a chance to join Swords, FRDM.F's elite task force where he continues to pay off his debt of "a new life" to Freedom Frontier.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:29 pm

coming up with a character is taking some time? Smile
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Sorry. I've been spastic all day long. I will try my hardest to have a character up by the end of this week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:29 pm

No worries. At least I now know what's going on Very Happy

If there are change of plans, questions or anything related to this RP, let me know okay?

I'm off to bed now. Really excited to see your character sheet soon Smile
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Yay. Empty spot now. No more character!

Last edited by HermioneGranger on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:48 pm

It would help if your questions were more specific.

I'll try to answer though. Very Happy

Most of the story will take place in the Capital of the World, Sovereign City. A man made spherical floating city with an estimated populace of sixty million that governs the earth. It is divided into three "domes". The top dome is called Central, where everything related to the government and Freedom Frontier is located. The middle dome is called "Heart of Sovereign", or simply "The Heart". Citizens of Sovereign call it "The Hive" mainly because this dome contains almost 60% of Sovereign City's populace . This is practically the civil/industrial/commercial sector of the city and it is by far the largest of the three domes. The Heart is divided into 5 sub sectors, arranged from largest to smallest respectively. Industry, Civil, Commercial, R&R, and the Slums.

I assume I don't need to explain what each sector specializes in for they are pretty self explanatory. Probably the only thing that needs to be clarified is the R&R or yeah you guessed right, Rest and Recreation sector. The difference of R&R from the commercial sector is that the only thing you can find here are productive recreational activities and all sorts of relaxation. Whilst in the commercial sector, other forms of entertainment can be found. (clubs, bars, and whatnot)

Lastly, the lower dome or "The Furnace" is where the devices that keep Sovereign city afloat are kept. This area is normally off limits to citizens of Sovereign and is tightly guarded to the point where not even a fly could slip through. The reason is simply because this area also harbors the production facilities of Sovereign City's private companies. ranging from weaponry to canned goods.

Of course, the world below isn't to be neglected. The countries remain the same only without their corresponding governments. But let me tell you this beforehand, Sovereign City has absolute control over all the countries of the world and are always closely watching and governing. We could start in any country you like and work our way towards Sovereign as we play through. Sound good?

As for technology, everything is advanced. We could play with our imagination to make things up like a ring disguised beam saber or a 1 second rice cooker. The usual 'bullets' in fire arms are replaced by photon rounds with four types, arranged from deadliest respectively. Disintegrate, Incinerate, Lacerate and the special non-fatal Hibernate rounds.

Also, firearms have been globally banned and only Government and FRDM.F related people are permitted to carry them. However, it is still possible to obtain firearms illegally. It has been done by Last Stand with the help of an unknown backer. With this, people tend to favor melee combat. Hence the birth of the Enhancer Parts which later on led to the development of Z-Gen humans by FRDM.F.

If further clarification are required, Enhancer Parts are like your typical pieces of jewelry that enhance physical to mental capabilities. Just wear them and you get enhanced or so the disclaimer says. Ohh, Enhancer Parts are also very expensive and requires a permit to use from FRDM.F since they have monopolized the company that developed it. ;P

Last Stand affiliated people are an exception to this since they have illegally obtained Enhancer Parts and are utilizing them to fight Swords on even grounds. Although their use of Enhancer Parts is a closely guarded secret.

Z-Generation humans are Stronger, Faster, Tougher than your normal human being. FRDM.F developed them from the concept of Enhancer Parts and were successful. They tried to take it to another level by experimenting if Z-Gens can be enhanced further by making them wear Enhancer Parts. That experiment ended up in a tragedy and was completely scrapped. There are however a few exceptions which they never found out about. Alfrei, whom they treated was one of those. He was wearing a toe ring Enhancer Part before he was modified to become a Z-Gen, thus making further enhancement of Z-Gens possible. But it was too late for FRDM.F never bothered trying the experiment again.

Project Alice is said to be the key to defeating Freedom Frontier. Nobody actually knows what it is. Rumors among the Last Stand say that Project Alice is a bomb, others say a retro virus. Of course, none of these are true. The goal of Project Alice is to hasten Man's Evolution. Unlike the Z-Gens of FRDM.F, the fruit of Project Alice is all natural and is believed to be far superior than the Z-Gens. However, according to Professor Strahdt's colleagues, it is impossible to achieve the next level of human evolution. Little did they know that they have already succeeded. Callie Zaria, one of the few selected people for having higher chances of evolving in their DNA is one such person who has unknowingly 'evolved'.

If there are anything else, feel free to ask and I will answer.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:53 pm

I think you've covered it. =D P.S. SNOW! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Alright then, are we all set to start the RP?
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:27 pm

For sure! =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:33 pm

IC link.

Destined : The Cataclysm

You can start however you want. Either join the scene Alfrei is on for a "first meeting" of our characters or by a completely different scene from mine. Very Happy
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:17 pm

Sorry. I can't think right now of where to put my character. I'm thinking of having her at that building, but I'm not sure. Forgive me if I'm late on my post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 pm

It's fine. It happens sometimes to me too. Writer's block or so they call it. Very Happy I'll be waiting for your post till then.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:49 pm

I am so sorry. I cannot think on how to post in this roleplay. I hate to pull out of it, but I need to. My brain is too foggy to post here. Hope you can find someone else to take my spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:53 pm

I expected as much. No worries. Smile thank you for your consideration.

Oh, I would ask you to remove your Char Profile if it's not too much trouble.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:20 am

Well, that was rude. I appreciate the interest given, Valdis but you could have at least posted in the corresponding OOC or PM'd me before heading straight out and posting in the IC.

I was really looking forward to finding a partner for this but that just killed the mood. Sad

If ANY forum mod reads this, please close down (delete if possible) Destined: The Cataclysm IC and OOC for me. Thank you.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down