FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lookin for some fun

2 posters

Go down

Lookin for some fun Empty Lookin for some fun

Post by Dax Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:13 pm

I just had an intense need to make a 1v1 RP.

Anyone interested?
Possible genres would be;
-Fantasy (dragons, wizards, etc.... you know what I mean)
-Modern
-Horror
-Historic

Anyone feel like doing this?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Lookin for some fun Empty Re: Lookin for some fun

Post by Gadreille Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 pm

every one on one I touch dies...

but it is so tempting to volunteer anyway. especially when you mention dragons.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:50 pm

haha, ill 'try' to keep this 1v1 up, EVEN if youre here... xD

So, got any ideas for this 1v1? I honestly havent started thinking about... now I am though. Cool
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:54 pm

LOL no ideas yet. My brain is so wrapped up with Emoria and homework...but I will think about it as well Smile

I wouldn't mind doing something modern with a touch of fantasy. Like, a person discovering something magical, whether it be place, object, or self?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Or historical fantasy!! I love those, though I tend to do a lot of research...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:01 am

A historical...fantasy?

"Nuff said.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:05 am

K WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY???

My lecture is on pioneers in the west and native americans...
just a thought, in case you are some wild west fanatic.

What ideas have you got?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Yah, I dont like history in the Americas at all when it has to do with the Natives. I think it has something to do with me not liking genocides xD

Anyway, for a fantasy with dragons in it , hmmm...

Ok, were...dragon riders... yes, and there are alot of dragon species (like DnD copy-paste sort of thing)
We have to do... something
Maybe one of us is a villain and one of us is a good guy, both villains or both good guys, I dont really mind.

However, as far as the story goes...
I guess it would be for us trying to stop a bad guy, trying to stop a good guy or each other, depending on who is who.
Thats because someone is trying to get an... orb? A stone? A treasure? assasinate someone? the list goes on.

Yahh...
I am also kind of torn between the Emoria OOC and all of the things I have to do for it, so the ideas will come... albeit slowly xD
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Aw, poor natives get ignored because they were brutally massacred and nearly wiped out Sad

I'm good with dragon riders. I'll be either a good gal or one of those misunderstood bad gals. Ooh I want to be sent to assassinate someone! My favorite mix! Assassin and Dragon rider!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Ok, so it all depends on who you want to be, good or bad.

I will give you the choice between assasinating a good guy= The King of.. Alombria (thats the name of the world) if you are a bad girl
OR you have to assasinate General Ihyzik, of the Illinari (illinari = orcs with black skin instead of black) if you are a good girl.

Tell me which you prefer, I will then take the other position (trying to stop you, all while trying to assasinate the other) and I will put a liiiiittle more detail into this world that I just thought up of as of now.
Cool
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:50 pm

I would like to assassinate the King of Alombria. But I think we should make it like Hero by Quentin Tarantino, if you have seen it.

Basically, the assassin makes it all the way to the Emperor only to find that he cannot kill him, for though the Emperor is ruthless his ways will bring together the nations of China as one land.

SO it doesn't have to be just like that but it would be an interesting plot!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Yah, I know what you mean by the movie... but I am not soo sure what you mean how it should be alike.
Do you want to elaborate on how you think we should fit it into this RP?

I personally think, when I undertsand, its going to be an amazing idea. Nod
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Mostly just the idea that for some reason (haven't decided yet), she decides that she cannot kill said person and has to elude punishment by her superiors/client.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:12 am

right right, as in the story starts with you finding the target with you unable to kill him (for X reason) and the actual RP is you trying to escape the croonies(well...me) sent stop/kill you?

Thats if I get where you are going with this. Very Happy
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:11 pm

You've understood me perfectly. Though I was thinking perhaps we start earlier, beginning with her set out to kill the person and discovering that she cannot. It just...adds to the background I guess Smile Sorry, I was gone for a couple of days.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:34 pm

Hehe, no problem. Nod

Ok so... I guess I will make the OOC where I will put up the world for this RP, as with a character sheet and blah blah blah, sound good? Very Happy
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Yes, sounds good. I will go with the flow, this is your baby. Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Haha, alright. xD

I will have the OOC up by tomorrow. Right now I am swamped with the Pantheon project and...well... I just want to do it tomorrow! Laughing
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:18 pm

The land of Cavembar is a land of green forests, blue rivers and thriving cities. Lead by its king, Alorion the Wise, it is a picture perfect country that worships Odeir, the Lord of Light.
What does plagues it, however, are the dark lands of Vermetia to the east. Lead by Lord Marrowglare, they are the exact opposite of Cavembar. Full of delinquency and restlessness, the overall disastrous condition of the country is crowned by their Lord of worship; Gyrnak, Prince of Chaos.

The two nations have been at war for the longest time and have reached the most aggravating stalemate. Both nations have resorted to hiring assassins or using the elite guards of each camp (The Lights Justicars, for Cavembar, and The Warlords of Shadow for Vermetia) to try and eliminate the leaders of each other’s countries swiftly and effectively.

Well, that’s as much as I am going to put on here for lore. Just make stuff up if you need something to exist. Laughing

Ok, lets talk dragons…

Ok, basically they are your best friend (as a dragon rider, if you want to be something else…than never mind). Keep in mind that the type of dragon you choose has to be the logical choice and must suit your character… obviously, you know the drill. xD

I am going to keep it simple and do an imaginary /copy paste from the Dungeons and dragons wiki.

Ok, Character sheet:

Name:
Physique:
Biography/traits:
Skills :
Gear :

Dragon (species) :
Name :
Other:

Feel free to add anything if you see the need arise. I will put my character sheet…eventually. Probably after you. xD
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:34 am

I'm sorry this is short, I had a hell of a time writing it. I may expand on it later, but here is the general idea.

Lookin for some fun 23kyz3p

Name: Yla Kwknu
Physique: Yla is 5'8'', long limbed and muscular, with little feminine curvature. She has short-cut, dull brown-black hair that sticks out awkwardly on the back of her head. Her face is angular and long, with slightly sunken-in yellow/brown hazel eyes. Her skin is not flawed except for a few small faded moon shaped scars on her jaw line.
Biography/traits: Yla hails from the dark mountains, on the southern end of Vermetia. There she met her dragon, a black Tome dragon named Amur. She was enlisted in a band of hatleis at a young age, after she, with Amur, had defended herself against a seasoned hatleis warrior who had murdered what was left of her family. This story in itself is nothing special, thousands of boys and girls are enlisted into the hatleis, a mercenary company that works mostly for Lord Marrowglare. Her age is also no exception, for in the harsh environment one has to grow up quick, and is lucky to live beyond fifty.
Her cold determination to rise to the top was an exception, one that allowed her to retire from the hatleis and become a Shgnra, a silent warrior. These elite assassins are not owned by any government, and only rarely choose new members. Once chosen, one has only two choices: accept, or die. Yla accepted.
Skills: Yla shows no emotion; no anger, no fear…only determination. She is efficient, not flamboyant. She throws knives with great precision, but doesn’t need a weapon to execute her enemy. She has knowledge of alchemy, and uses it to her advantage. She trusts nothing, living day to night on little sleep and no pleasure but the fact that she is alive while her enemies are dead.
Gear: She wears dark, comfortable clothing, for flexibility is more of a priority than protection. Because of this, her skin sports many scars from old wounds, though she always keeps most of herself covered. She has several knives, strapped to her appendages: two throwing knives, one hunting knife and one long dagger. She also carries an assortment of chemicals and poisons used to either disable or kill her opponent.

Dragon (species): Tome Dragon
Breath weapon: Elemental energy
Terrain: Mountains
Name: Amur
Physique: Amur is slight in size for a dragon, about 3 meters long with bat-like wings. He has black scales that shimmer with an opalesque texture in direct sunlight.
Traits: Amur is what Yla is not. He is full of emotion, be it fury, fear, and even love. He is the balance to her cold distance, and oddly enough, he is what keeps her human.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Name: Roland D’Aiur

Physique:

Lookin for some fun Mage_b10

Biography/traits: Born to a long line of Light Justicars in Cavembar, he got a a head-start in almost everything. It must be noted that Rolands father was killed only days before Roland was born by a Warlord of Shadow from Vermetia.
Since his family has been in service of the Cavembar kings for the longest time, the first sons are automatically admitted into the ranks of the Lights Justicars (the other sons/daughters must prove themselves before being able to join).
Another thing is that, with such a long line of proud warriors of the Greater Good, they have what is called a family dragon. He is Hacom, the Silver Dragon.
Hacom has been in the D’Aiur family since his discovery and birth some 2000 years ago.
Hacom has played the role of mentor and godfather for all of the first sons of the D’Aiur families and it is now Rolands turn to be taken under Hacoms’ wing… literally.

Now, Roland, being a first son, was one of the boys that was automatically admitted into the Lights Justicars at birth. Being admitted at birth, however, without any test of skill can prove dangerous for the Order and can sometimes be fatal for the untalented sons.
In a way, this was Rolands case.
The Order is that of Knights: Sword and Axe masters, not spellslingers and Roland was born an exceptionally gifted wizard and an extremely weak sword-player.
However, once in the Order, always in the Order. Not to mention Hacom had already bonded with Roland, and a dragons bond is for life ( the mortals life mostly since dragons live for an exremely long time).
Prey for insults and laughter of the other children, and later, men of the Order, Roland had friends, but Hacom and the King, a wizard himself who had wantd to intstate a magical branch for the Order since his coronation, to aid and encourage him.
After many hard years, Roland became a full-fledged Justicar. He had blossomed into a mighty wizard, and executed his tasks impeccably. In fact, because of his great success (and his closeness to the King), Roland quickly ran up the Orders hierarchy.
No one was laughing now.
This rising stars succes was such that Roland, with the Kings directory and help, is well on the way to make the fabled branch of wizardry for the Order.
Roland now works to make this dream, of himself and the King, a reality but still serves the regular Order until further notice.

Skills :
Roland dislikes fighting on his own feet and rather prefers staying comfortably seated on Hacom while the beast flies in endless circles around the enemy, giving the chance for Roland to unleash fearsome spells.
However, it must be noted that only because Roland dislikes fighting on the ground, is not because he isnt capable of fighting on ground with his spells, quite on the contrary actually. He is very talented when it comes to schools of magic. The reason for his dislike of terran fighting is that Roland is excessively horrible at melee engagement.
If an enemy were to get close to Roland and was somehow able to stop him from fleeing, all Roland would have to save himself would be his double-wands to try and defend himself while Hacom comes to his rescue.

Gear :
-Lights Justicars Regalia (back and brown cloth and leather, with golden outlinings)
-Double pick-axe-like wands
-Oak staff with encrusted orange topaz on top(always carried on back, main weapon are the double wands)
_______

Dragon (species) :
Silver Dragon

Name : Hacom

Height: 22 feet

Maximum Wingspan: 150 feet

Breath weapon:
Cone of Cold, Paralyzation Gas

Habitat: High Mountains (the colder the better)

Diet: Almost anything; love tasting new things

Physique:

Lookin for some fun Silver10

Traits:
Hacom is more Rolands’ best friend that mount. They spend the better time of the day, if not all of it, together. Hacom is, unlike Roland, calm, thought-out and prefers to think things through before running into something.
In fact, Hacom can usually be seen lecturing Roland… and even acting like a father figure!
Afterall, Hacom is the D’Aiurs family dragon.

Ok, I will put up the IC with an intro post and the OOC sometime tomorrow and if not tomrrow, this week for sure. Very Happy
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Awesome, I knew you'd leave my character sheet in the dust.

Speaking of, the Tome dragon was rather vague in terms of breath weapon. What do you think entails "Elemental energy"?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Actually, I think Elemental Energy is just another term for 'Arcane' energy.

I guess just think, when Amur decides to use his breath weapon, a beam of pure energy, basically.

That make sense?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:17 am

Yes, that is what Silv said as well, I forgot that I had posted here LOL.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:24 am

I had a dream I was flying on the back of a big, black dragon. It made me remember this RP Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Hehe Very Happy

Ok, I created the OOC, so lets move all of this to that thread.

I will start the OOC with Roland just chatting with the King of Cavembar (Alombria is the name of the world, Cavembar my country, Vermetia your country) as an intro post and that should start things up!

The thread is named The Dragon Riders.... cliche, I know, but I couldnt find anything that was truly awe-inspiring, Laughing.

Cool
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down